PDA

View Full Version : weird non uber loot

Dawson
02-19-2008, 02:06 AM
Ok, so i was in part three ( i think three) of the shround on elite. i excitedly get to the chest and it reveals for me a +1 heavy wooden shield, lvl 16 RR elf/drow value 81K gold. Yeah but what else was on it you ask, thats the weirdness, nothing else, its simply a +1 heavy wooden shield thats lvl 16 RR elf / drow. I am thinking that somehow its lost its uberness parts somewhere along the line.
Whilst its a little funny and weird to begin with, i quickly started to feel a little robbed of what apparently , according to its level and RR and value, should have been a pretty uber shield.
The DM that responded to my ticket suggested that i should post it on the forums for consideration or suggestion ( something along those lines atleast).
So here i am, with a shield in the bank, a feeling of being the victim of some kind of error, and a post in the forums as suggested.
My suggestion is that maybe some sort of , hmmm i dont know, dev, DM, someone could unbug my shield and replace its uberness thats gone missing. Its no real big deal, i am sure little bugs in the game happen all the time.
Any comments from similar experiences ???? Any comments from dev's ????
I'll get over it when i pull my next piece of cool loot i am sure.
Apologies for my poor spelling. Have never put a screenshot on the forums, not entirely sure how, if some nice person was able to fill me in, ill post a screen shot of it.
Thanks for reading.

Uska
02-19-2008, 02:10 AM
I remember when they brought the module out that had beyond the grave and those quests and people were pulling out loot that had high level requirements on them and they werent anything special just had high min value as the stats on the item just didnt fit the min level, so they were vendor trash, maybe that bug is back.

Lifespawn
02-19-2008, 04:58 AM
can u post a screenshot?

Deriaz
02-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Have never put a screenshot on the forums, not entirely sure how, if some nice person was able to fill me in, ill post a screen shot of it.
Thanks for reading.

What you wanna do is put the picture on a site, for example, Photobucket.com. (If you don't have an account there, make one real fast. Quick and simple.)

Upload the image to the site, and you'll notice that it gives an image URL down below. Take that URL, and copy it with Control+C. Now, come back to the forums, and make a reply to this thread, or edit your own.

There's a little button that looks like a mountain with a sun in the upper-right corner. If you hover over it, it says "Insert Image". Click that, and use Control+V to paste in the URL. Hit enter, and it shoves the URL into the page with an [IMG] tag around it.

Hit post, and if you did it correctly, the image should show up. Hope that helps. ;) (And just woke up. Hope that explanation was easy to read. Heheh.)

As for the bug, I dunno if they'd be able to "replace its uberness". Your best bet might be that you just have to find a new shield. :x Who knows, though.

-D

Rekker
02-19-2008, 09:24 AM
Check the hardness/durability. If they are higher than normal that would incease the numbers.

Tenkari_Rozahas
02-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Check the hardness/durability. If they are higher than normal that would incease the numbers.

but from a no ML to 16? for a simple +1? unless that thing has a hardness of 100 and durability of 6000 I dont htink it would go THAT high.

frederjoe1
02-19-2008, 10:05 AM
What is the +rating of the item, could it be used to charge one of the power orbs?

In short did they put some POS items in there that are throw away just so you could charge an orb and not feel bad about it?

BlueLightBandit
02-19-2008, 10:22 AM
What, you guys didn't know that was the rare NAMED +1 Wooden Shield... called um... +1 Heavy Wooden Shield?

Besides, either I see a screenshot, or I'm assuming the OP just misread it. Nothing personal against the OP, just I don't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. And then I can evaluate the additional information that the OP didn't mention, like hardness or durability, or the fact that it was deathblock with greater lightning resist.

Aodh
02-19-2008, 10:43 AM
I've pulled alot of "weird" stuff lately, like quarterstaves of improved efficacy, with a base value of ~130kgp. I couldn't figure out why it was worth so much, but I wasn't complaining as I promptly vendored it, lol.

Boulderun
02-19-2008, 11:46 AM
The spellcasting-mod weapons (potency, efficacy, greater lore of minor spell penetration, etc ****) are all pretty much borked with regard to their cash value and total mod value. I've seen some with total mods listed as +12 with a value of 98k (value for +7). It must be due to how the enhancement + was changed to be randomly assigned and not count toward the min level or max modifier limits quite a while ago, but it seems more erratic lately. Maybe it's just because we have a wider range of levels at which they can appear now.

Yvonne_Blacksword
02-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Maybe it is inlaid with special gems and precious metals...covered with a plain wood laminate to protect them...
or it is made out of an exotic wood...rare and valuable in these parts?

Or mabe it is a Shield of Wonder...I wonder what the heck it is...

a collectors item...as in you collected it and are holding on to it till it proves its value?
lol...

Maybe this "Wooden" guy is famous! a desinger shield?

BlueLightBandit
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Maybe it is inlaid with special gems and precious metals...covered with a plain wood laminate to protect them...
or it is made out of an exotic wood...rare and valuable in these parts?

Or mabe it is a Shield of Wonder...I wonder what the heck it is...

a collectors item...as in you collected it and are holding on to it till it proves its value?
lol...

Maybe this "Wooden" guy is famous! a desinger shield?

No no no... if Stevie WONDER had a shield... it'd be all sorts of awful colors. That guy can't stay in the lines to save his life.

Heck, that being said, if you're on Sarlona, if it really is a lvl 16 +1 shield of nothingness I'll give you a couple thousand plat for it just like she said... because it's um... er... special.

Dawson
02-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks heaps for the help above Deriaz with the posting of the link, i got all the way to the button in the top right corner, only to discover that i dont have a button there. I have noticed in the bottom left under "posting rules" that i "may not post attachments", i am not entirely sure why, or how i can change this so that i can post the screen shot.
Any help would be apprecited so i can get a pic of this shield up.
thanks.

Deriaz
02-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks heaps for the help above Deriaz with the posting of the link, i got all the way to the button in the top right corner, only to discover that i dont have a button there. I have noticed in the bottom left under "posting rules" that i "may not post attachments", i am not entirely sure why, or how i can change this so that i can post the screen shot.
Any help would be apprecited so i can get a pic of this shield up.
thanks.

Piece of cake, there. ;) See that little button three buttons over? Looks like a globe with two chain links. When you highlight it, it'll say "Insert Link".

Click that, and put in the link to your image. A [URL] tag will pop up, with the URL written inside and outside of the tag. You can post that as it is, or you can edit the URL that in-between the tags. (If you change the URL inside the tag, you'll be changing where you're directing the web browser.)

You should be able to post it like that. As for not being able to post "attachments"/images, that should probably be changed. :x I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to. . .

-D

Dawson
02-19-2008, 06:46 PM
Hopefully this works.
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg155/Dawson2230/ScreenShot00002.jpg

Thanks again for your help Deriaz, however i dont seem to have any of these buttons you are mentioning lol
Have searched faq's , forums etc trying to work out how to change the "you may not post attachments" posting rule that i have, only thing i can find suggests that "the administrator may grant you permision to post attachments".

Jarlaxel
02-19-2008, 07:04 PM
What, you guys didn't know that was the rare NAMED +1 Wooden Shield... called um... +1 Heavy Wooden Shield?

Besides, either I see a screenshot, or I'm assuming the OP just misread it. Nothing personal against the OP, just I don't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. And then I can evaluate the additional information that the OP didn't mention, like hardness or durability, or the fact that it was deathblock with greater lightning resist.

He obviously didn't miss read it if the DM verified it as being a bug and told him to post it on the forums. I see no reason why he would fabricate a story like this, give him the benifit of the doubt.

Deriaz
02-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Hopefully this works.
*Snip*

Thanks again for your help Deriaz, however i dont seem to have any of these buttons you are mentioning lol
Have searched faq's , forums etc trying to work out how to change the "you may not post attachments" posting rule that i have, only thing i can find suggests that "the administrator may grant you permision to post attachments".

Hey, any time. ;) I'm assuming we're seeing different windows in our posting screens. But, you appear to have gotten the picture up, sooo. . . Can't be too big of a difference. Heheh. ;)

Good luck with looting a new shield, if that can't be replaced. ^^

-D

Stormanne
02-19-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow, seriously borked loot pull there

GuitarHero
02-20-2008, 12:49 AM
In regards to the image posting, if you use the very bottom tag on Photobucket.com, it is an IMG tag, and you can copy that and post it directly into your message box with no further work. Also, you probably don't have the advanced controls turned on, and are using a simple message box. Its no big deal, but if you feel left out, you can check your options in the User CP and turn it on.

In regards to the shield in question, have you tried identifying it? Maybe it has some latent magical ability you are unaware of? :D

Big_Russ
02-20-2008, 07:19 AM
Last night I pulled a Lesser Potency I Helm of Bluffing (+7?) ML 15. No screen shot to prove it.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.