PDA

View Full Version : Please fix Gianthold Tor.... this is crazy stupid bug

EMDEN
02-17-2008, 06:15 PM
We all know that Gianthold Tor has the Pet at the Gatekeeper bug. Please fix this or at least give the GM the ability to help those who summon a pet by accident. The "Sorry, we can't help and you need to read the Forums line" demonstrates the ability of the GM to be meer "check mark item for MMORPGs, just to have one". Why even have them if they can not help.

Doing Gianthold Tor on elite for favor just to have this happen is crazy. We all knew of the bug, but accidents do happen with "cast and can not stop cast once it started" like we used too, but the GM inability to assist is just out of this world.

Sorry for a GM bash, but they need to be looked at for what they can and can not do by the DEVs. As for the quest, please fix this. Our run is not the first, and will not be the last to do this, either by unknowing of the bug or by accident.

smatt
02-17-2008, 06:20 PM
We all know that Gianthold Tor has the Pet at the Gatekeeper bug. Please fix this or at least give the GM the ability to help those who summon a pet by accident. The "Sorry, we can't help and you need to read the Forums line" demonstrates the ability of the GM to be meer "check mark item for MMORPGs, just to have one". Why even have them if they can not help.

Doing Gianthold Tor on elite for favor just to have this happen is crazy. We all knew of the bug, but accidents do happen with "cast and can not stop cast once it started" like we used too, but the GM inability to assist is just out of this world.

Sorry for a GM bash, but they need to be looked at for what they can and can not do by the DEVs. As for the quest, please fix this. Our run is not the first, and will not be the last to do this, either by unknowing of the bug or by accident.

:rolleyes: How about slapping the dumb caster/ranger that summoned said beasty...... Things drive me nuts really..... Very useful at times.. But it seesm SOME people never seem to pick the correct time :D In all fairness this did happen to a party I was in once... But as many other problems areas in the game are, it's a pot hole.. Hit it once.. Learn about it and stear around it next time ;)

Arnya
02-17-2008, 06:31 PM
For the love of all that is holy, please buy a dispel wand BEFORE loading any summon or charm spells.

How about looting the 36 charge dispel magic 10 wand instead of just leaving it in the chest?

Maybe change the icon so clicking once summons monster and while cooldown is active, make the button 'release control' or 'unsummon'

Not so easy for charms though....

EDIT: I am going to mail all my characters dispel 10 wands so I can hand them to the offender in-quest...

EMDEN
02-18-2008, 09:34 PM
For the love of all that is holy, please buy a dispel wand BEFORE loading any summon or charm spells.

How about looting the 36 charge dispel magic 10 wand instead of just leaving it in the chest?

Maybe change the icon so clicking once summons monster and while cooldown is active, make the button 'release control' or 'unsummon'

Not so easy for charms though....

EDIT: I am going to mail all my characters dispel 10 wands so I can hand them to the offender in-quest...

Dispel wands dont always work.... time is critical.... I was on the other side.... besides bubblegum and scotch tape.... For the love of all tha is holy, just Fix the "Pot Hole"... This ain't New York.

MysticTheurge
02-19-2008, 12:16 AM
NEW It is no longer possible to break some quests by having a pet trigger a monster entry (example: triggering the Gatekeeper in Gianthold Tor).

Amidst today's WDAs is a little note about Update 6.1.

EMDEN
02-19-2008, 05:24 PM
YIPPI!!!!!!! day late and a dollar short.... yep, thats my luck.... if not for bad luck, I would have none at all;)