PDA

View Full Version : Please, Fix The Auction House!

Bloodyfury
02-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Ok, as I was ranting a bit too much about it in another post, I guess I had to put it in a separate thread in a more... polite way :p

AH is bugged since MOD6 and in a very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad way.

When we're coming back on a toon to check in our "BIDS" section, we can no longer rebid on the items from there. We have to search for them again in all their respective categories. UBERLY ANNOYING I can assure you, as will tell you ALL of your subscribers ;)

A useless and annoying timesink bug that eats playtime for everyone and that makes selling / buying really painful and more difficult as many players no longer want to spend that much time on AH because of this issue.

Fix this DEVS please so it's back to what it was in MOD5, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :D

Now I know a lot of people are gonna use this thread to make suggestions to improve AH but honestly, the best ones (like a search engine) would just be too long to implement to bother about it. I prefer that you guys concentrate on monks to be sure theirs fists won't do 1d2 dmg on release :rolleyes::p

But as the OP's privilege, I'll still propose something :p With the level cap, there's more stuff than ever dropping everywhere and it's becoming a bit painful to scroll through litterally dozens of pages... would it be that hard to implement a "Last Page" button?

For people watching AH on a regular basis (let's say everyday or once every 2-3 days), it'd allow us to skip to the last pages and just watch the last 4-5-6 pages, instead of having to click on the "next page" 30 times to get at the end of the 35 pages :( (Cuz when you check the "Buyout only" box for lvl 10-16 items in Clothing or Jewelry, at least on Khyber, we get over 30 pages easily :eek:). And no, it'd not help to watch in the categories separately cuz in the end it'll be the same number of pages ;)

The rebid bug and the numbers of pages just makes selling/buying a lot more difficult than it should be in reality ;)

So if this bug affects you in any way, just reply a /signed please! Sooner or later someone is gonna see it, I hope...

lostinjapan
02-16-2008, 08:55 PM
/signed

Bloodyfury
02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Wow, we're only two annoyed by this it seems lmao

/SIGNED

Fizzit
02-18-2008, 12:06 AM
while fixing this, please add a search by name feature as well please. I pretty much advoid the AH since there is no way to search for what I want and have to look through pages of junk to see if I can find it..

Ithrani
02-18-2008, 12:42 AM
/signed

I am sure I missed a great deal on a vorpal because of this bug, assumed the auction ended. The next day the same thing happened to a smiter that I knew has at least 2 hours left, searched for it and found it.

Jerevon
02-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Signed!

Man, this whole time, I thought my item I was bidding on was taken down off of the AH. Signed again!

Nefahrin
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
/signed

In game GM swear it's not a known issue, yet everyone I talk to is aware of it.
Bug reports have been filed.
Annoying as all hell.
Please fix ASAP

Mad_Bombardier
02-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Yes, please. Researching to re-bid every item is a PitA. Thank you. :)

cdbd3rd
02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
/Ditto.

BurnerD
02-18-2008, 11:58 AM
/signed

the fact that it won't accept a new bid from the bids page is very annoying.

HumanJHawkins
02-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I know a lot of people are gonna use this thread to make suggestions to improve AH but honestly, the best ones (like a search engine) would just be too long to implement to bother about it.

You mean it would take too long to add an edit box to the auction house window and hook it into a query like:

SELECT <Needed Fields>
FROM <Auction Tables>
WHERE
(iItemLevel >= @MinLevel) AND
(iItemLevel <= @MaxLevel) AND
(vchItemName LIKE '%@SearchText%')
They are already querying for a list of items of unknown length and chopping it up into pages, etc... There is really no good reason this couldn't be done in a couple of hours. It might need to be a different button, in part to reduce user confusion. And it could maybe be improved by making a summary field to actually search against so that named items would come up if someone searched for their item type, etc.

Of course, someone could over complicate things with all kinds of options, etc. Such as letting people put in multiple independent search words... Even this wouldn't be that hard to deal with. But the most basic of implementations would be a huge step forward for a trivial amount of development time.

AoD45154
02-18-2008, 06:50 PM
I too thought items I had bid on had ended or been bought......Didn't realize this was happening. :p

And yes it should be fixed. :D

Sheezgame
02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
It would be super easy for them to add the search options, however I suspect they don't want to add any load to the database, which can add up when you have lots of people using the more complicated search functions.

What they should at least do however is fix the categories:
- Add Separate Arrows & Bolts and All category under ammunition
- Add a Bags category
- Add a Siberys Dragonshard Category under ingredients
- Add a Kyber Dragonshard category under ingredients
- Add a Crafting category under ingredients
- Move Tomes as a top level category

And a few others. If the base categories were organized properly you essentially get additional search options, and it is very quick and easy to do as they already have the system in place.

Also when you click on order by buyout etc, it should alternate ascending/descending ordering when you click a second time.

A few basic fixes and the AH will be much more usable, without going into the full search function for names.

HFGfeather
02-18-2008, 08:49 PM
What is even more anoying is that there is most likely 3 or more items like the one that you were bidding on so you have to figure out which one it was that you bid on. It is pretty hard some times to get your bid right. Once you have bid you realize that the one you just bid on is the wrong one and will take more time to close and you don't have more money to bid on the one you wanted.
AH has problems.
Signed
Azari

Phax
02-19-2008, 09:51 AM
The re-bid bug has been fixed and will be included in a future update (not sure which, yet).

Hafeal
02-19-2008, 10:13 AM
/signed

and thank you Phax.

The re-bid bug has been fixed and will be included in a future update (not sure which, yet).

Barumar
02-19-2008, 11:46 AM

Yeah! Just to know it was on your Radar would have been enough for me - but I will take Fixed any day!

Thanks Phax,

Barumar

Lithic
02-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Something less pressing, anyone notice that the money you get from auctions you've sold is always HIGHER than what it should be?

For example, I sell something for 500kpp buyout. It gets bought out and the Ah takes 30% (150kpp). This number is correct. However, I will recieve a few thousand gold pieces more than 350kpp back in my mailbox (on the order of 352kpp or so, I cant remember the exact number).

Is this a reinbursement of the posting fee, or some other bonus I am not aware of?

Phax
02-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Something less pressing, anyone notice that the money you get from auctions you've sold is always HIGHER than what it should be?

For example, I sell something for 500kpp buyout. It gets bought out and the Ah takes 30% (150kpp). This number is correct. However, I will recieve a few thousand gold pieces more than 350kpp back in my mailbox (on the order of 352kpp or so, I cant remember the exact number).

Is this a reinbursement of the posting fee, or some other bonus I am not aware of?

Yep, that would be the posting fee that is reimbursed.

Impaqt
02-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey Phax, While we got ya here.... Can ya give us a hint on whether or not we'll see a Search feature in our Auction house in the near future?

arminius
02-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Yep, that would be the posting fee that is reimbursed.

Oh!

I had NO idea whatsoever that that happened.

_

Bloodyfury
02-19-2008, 05:01 PM

THANKS Phax :D:D:D

cdbd3rd
02-19-2008, 05:18 PM

Cool. Now just ask us if we'd take a few hours off game tomorrow for this to be put in all by itself. ;)