PDA

View Full Version : Traps In General

rhin2win
02-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I play a level 16 sorcerer on Sarlona. I am at 1700 faction right now, and I need to get my 1750 to get my book. So i go into Valaks Mausoleum on Elite to pick up 12 of the needed faction. And im progressing through, and all the sudden I hit the hall way with the traps I try to move through the first set, thinking i will UMD wand myself to full on the other side. The very first set of traps kills me in one hit, I got hit for 85 to 95 each time, and died. Theres sets of 2 traps, and when a 16 can't get through a level 6 quest on elite, theres a bit of a problem id say. Are rogues the only people who can solo faction now?

issiana
02-15-2008, 07:13 PM
it is harder aggreed, but the traps before where so weak they where a joke. a trap in a quest should do heavy damage as its designed to kill the intruders :)

However. the saving DC's on the other hand shouldn't have being raised only the damage. I ran in stk elite a few days ago. in part 3 tha acid traps i used to be able to stand in them and be ok. +30 resist and greather heroism plus trap blast googles meant i saved most of the time (lvl 16 sorc here) and the half damage was absorbed by the resist. now.. i i fail the saves and take very heavy damage tha t idont want to stay in them anymore.

trap damage is ok imo, but trap saves dc are not.

QuantumFX
02-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Also the exploding trapbox damamge is rediculous now too. I watched a well built rogue blow a trapbox in STK pt 3 and it wasn't pretty. (75 points of explosion damage is pretty rediculous)