PDA

View Full Version : Bug Hunter Lodge

Pages : [1] 2 3

Silthe
02-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the Bug Hunter thread! This is where we can discuss the current state of various bugs that have been detracting from your play experience. This will allow us in QA to assist the developers in prioritizing better those issue which annoy players the most. We also hope to be able to give more timely updates on if and when any particular bug will be fixed. Additionally it’ll give us a forum to collect more information from several players at once on issues that are proving difficult for us to reproduce.

In conjunction with this thread, we'll be focusing on keeping an even more up-to-date and complete list of Known Issues (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=150534).

Here are the rules:

- DO post about actual bugs in the game, not design decisions (no posts about the raid loot system!)
- DO post asking whether issues are behaving as intended or are, in fact, bug.
- DO post about old issues that seem like they’ve been around forever. There’s no retirement age for issues that interrupt your play.

- Do NOT say anything negative about another poster.
- Do NOT try to argue about how something is implemented. If we say that it’s by design, you can discuss it in the rest of the developer discussion forum, in a constructive manner.
- Do NOT demand responses to your posts. Don’t be surprised if a few days go by between official posts as QA has lots of other things that need to get done before spending time on the forums.

Just keep it friendly and we’ll be as open as we can about what’s going on behind the scenes.

~Silthe
DDO QA

PS: This is not a substitute for using the in-game bug reporting tool. That is still the best and most reliable way to get your bug looked at and addressed.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Sithe, can we please get something other than a forum thread? If not a true bugtracker DB, then at least a forum so that we can add a separate thread for each bug instead of one thread to confuse things?

I appreciate what you are doing so that we will have more input on bugs, but we could use more organization.

[Edit]

I'll kick it off...

In Running with the Devils, the named Tiefling at the end of the quest will get into a state where he keeps healing himself to 2/3 at an insane rate with no way to get him to stop short of him bugging out when people use Dimension Door.

When I tried to get a DM to the location to see it and assist, I got a message that said that the location string was too long.

(Two bugs for the price of one!)
[\Edit]

Yaga_Nub
02-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Nice, don't listen to Usti, he's just mad that I'm going to find (or create) more bugs than he will.

I will agree that a whole new forum like you did for crafting might be better.

jkm
02-15-2008, 02:54 PM
- DO post about actual bugs in the game, not design decisions (no posts about the raid loot system!)

does this include the % drops?

Barumar
I know there are other bigger issues, but this one annoys my EVERY day, as I use the AH a lot!

Since Mod 6, every bid I have made that gets outbid gives an error when I try to re-bid on it. I must re-open the category and search for and re-select the items I was outbid on, just like I was bidding on them the first time!

Also, as I frequently max out my total number of bids (20 sure seems low, sure would be nice if it was higher :D), I notice another bug where if you have all 20 bids placed, and one gets outbid you can NOT re-bid on it without first canceling it or another bid (dropping you down to 19 total), even though you are NOT going to hit 21 – but just re-bidding on one of the 20.

Thanks for any attention to this matter,

Barumar

Vienemen
Here are caster issues/bugs list I am maintaining in the wizards handbook.

-Ball Lightning should function like the new flaming sphere is. Currently functions like fireball which is wrong.

-Enervation cannot be maximized or empowered currently...or any modification that increases its die numerical effect.

-False Life is capped at 10 min duration. Needs to be adjusted to norm 1 min/lvl duration like all others in the game. (supposed to be hours)

-Feeblemind should give arcane casters a -4 to save against.

-Fire/Cold Shield cannot be empowered or maximized limiting its effectiveness. Also not affected by potency type items or spell crit items...or enhancements. In Official known issue list

-Flaming Sphere cannot be heightened currently making it less useful to say the least.

-Force Missiles are blocked by the shield spell.

-Globe of Invulnerability & lesser version are not supposed to suppress the ongoing spells and effects of any level of those within the AoE when cast. If exiting and re-entering, then would be suppressed.

-Grease is unable to be heightened. In fact it has been pointed out that the DC for this spell is FIXED as in it does not adjust based on ability modifier. Suspect the same is happening with flaming sphere.

-Greater Teleport does not function in public areas currently. Currently missing many possible areas it could port to as well. In the Fix in Development list

-Solid Fog does not prevent ranged attacks from passing through like it should.

-Waves of Exhaustion will take a few words to describe...stay with me. When not targeting a creature the spell will cast and the cone point of origin should begin at the caster and extend outward affecting those within range...all this happens except no creatures are affected by exhaustion at ANY range. The second problem with this spell is its cone effect when a creature IS selected...picture an hour glass centered on the target, with the cone effect extending at 45 degree angles in both the front of the target and behind it. As the target turns its facing location the hourglass turns as well. For example, if your target is in the middle of some mobs charging you and you cast this on his, all enemies within a 45 degree angle in front of and behind the target will be affected out to the max cone range of roughly 30'. The third issue with this spell is that it has unlimited range once a target is selected...yep you heard me, not to mention will not give aggro to the caster.

-Heighten Feat does not properly raise the spell level of augmented spells to be able to bypass mantle of invulnerability, for 9th lvl casters and higher.

Late add: Spell save DC tooltip description bug when swapping items. Reverts the save DC listed to wand level until item swapped or spell is cast. Purely cosmetic at the moment.

DrAwkward
* I've noticed in increase of "lag outs" lately. Do you want us to bug report each time we get booted from the game? Is there anything to include in those reports that are of use to you?
For example, they seem to occur right when the Reaver raid finishes. I think it might be related to the chests.
Design corrolary: May we have a means to tell the difference between a lagged party member and one that chose to quit? I hate booting somebody that I though just quit only to have them later /tell me that lost connection. And I hate missing my raid chest due to lagging out.

* Can't repair my Collectable Bag, though my Chill Shard is feeling much better now.

* When you zone into the market place next to the pole-dancing guy, he defies all laws of physics and gravity for about 30 seconds. It's wondrous to behold, but you should at least have him say "WHEEEEEE! You haven't fixed my /dance emote yet! WHEEEEEEEE!" when we interact with him while he is in that state. :D

* Quest tombstones don't dynamically update the difficulty setting once a party member has entered the dungeon.

* If you lock a gemstone and then "gather" gems, it will be automatically unlocked when it gets sucked into your your bag.

Laith
I'd go ahead and submit the ladder issues here, because even though Keeper has taken it upon herself to tackle one of them, she said the second issue wasn't something within her power.

SYNOPSIS:
Bug #1: (keeper has taken the reigns here) Due to multiple short ladders being combined to make longer ladders. Your character will have trouble transitioning between these ladder pieces when climbing and causes you to get stuck in the MIDDLE of the ladder.

Bug #2: When you approach a ladder, sometimes you are continuously rebounded back to the ground(or water).
This behavior only occurs at the BASE of the ladder, and makes it very hard to begin your ascent.

Link to detailed ladder research/discussion (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=136030)

thanks Silthe

jkm
02-15-2008, 02:56 PM
bug: the reaver uses call lightning storm only on solo runs instead of on all runs (might as well make the raid harder for all)

EinarMal
02-15-2008, 02:59 PM
The DC on elite level traps (the save DC) is bugged, it seems like a +100 or so was accidently typed in by a Dev instead of +1.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Extra hotbars still do not hold their position between log-in session. FIXED

MysticTheurge
02-15-2008, 03:04 PM
It would make more sense to track the bugs you guys are aware of (i.e. Known Issues) in this post to help minimize the amount of bug reports about known issues.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Blade Barrier spells which cover the same area to not damage creatures entering the area if one of the BB's is friendly to them. Example:

An enemy casts a Blade Barrier. I cast one so that it overlaps his on the east side. I can then walk through the east side of his BB, and he through the west side of mine. I don't think that this was an intended effect. Firewalls stack, can we get BB's to as well? FIXED*

*New issue arose with Blade Barrier

Beherit_Baphomar
02-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Im having a problem targetting mobs with /tab.

One mob, attacking me I could normally hit /tab and it would go to them, now, a large percentage of the time it wont.

I know you used to be able to /tab mobs that you couldnt see and they changed that, but this is one mob attacking you and you cant tab em....

Hendrik
02-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Thank you very much for this Silthe!

Thank you.

My personal top bug;

Non functioning maps, ie Tempest Spine.

jkm
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM
bug: if an undead mob has a collectible clicky it will not deselect on death. any and all heal spells/lohs cast will target dead mob and will attempt to make dead mob more dead instead of healing self.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
All Symbol spells share a timer. Their timers/casting times are not in line with the standard PAoE spell timers/casting times.

(What do you say to that, Yaga_Nub? ;) )

MysticTheurge
02-15-2008, 03:11 PM
All Symbol spells share a timer.

So do the summons!

/hide

This whole design decision vs. bug question is going to get tricky.

Lifespawn
02-15-2008, 03:12 PM
every single time i log in or lag between zoning in and out of instances if i click on my toolbars i can drag items out of them even tho my toolbars are locked.

Losing a quick slot in the middle of battle has cost me a few party wipes(think omg raise dead/resurrect was pulled out i was last alive) needless to say i would love if this could be looked at.

jkm
02-15-2008, 03:15 PM
bug: when running at a ledge and casting a spell, if the climb action is triggered before the spell is completed the spell does not go off, you are charged with the spell points, and the spell goes on timer. for long wind up spells like summon monster, this can cause you to get locked out for 8 minutes.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:15 PM
When a mob dies by an elemental effect that destroys the body, all that is left is an unclickable shiny spot. It is possible to select it via keyboard, but not the mouse.

bobbryan2
02-15-2008, 03:16 PM
We haven't heard anything about the bug involving using greater teleport inside town limits in two mods.

Is this still considered a bug, or has it evolved into a 'feature'?

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Spells when interrupted (by any method) are still going on timer in addition to costing points. Spells with long cool-down (Symbols, Summons, etc.) are hard to cast in combat due to this (without the Quicken Spell feat).

Ghoste
02-15-2008, 03:19 PM
It is possible to use stealth (following a step by step method which I WILL NOT explain) to:
1) forcibly lock the agro of an entire group of monsters onto one player where nothing anybody else does until the whole group is dead will be able to shift their agro elsewhere. This can be heavily exploited to run almost any quest in the game without taking any damage.
2) completely break the agro mechanics so that entire groups of monsters together completely cease any hostile behavior. They become complete pushovers and do not fight back no matter what you do. I wont explain how to do this either.

This hasn't been detracting from MY gameplay experience...it's actually been quite entertaining...but getting banned for getting caught using it would certainly detract from my enjoyment.

apious1
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Potency VIII (weapons or equipment) and Spell Penetration VIII (weapons or equipment) items are missing entirely from the loot tables.

bobbryan2
Looting Dragonshards from chests seems to cause lag spikes.

Gengulphus
One of the most annoying bugs is when a mob is paralyzed, stunned, etc. and yet it still continues to either move and/or hit and/or cast spells and/or heal itself!!!

What's the use of stun, paralysis, etc. if this keeps happening?

Thanks for this thread.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Lionesses Shroud when affected with Symbol of Persuasion (at least, maybe other taming methods) will sometimes stop moving/attacking. For an example, tame the ones near the named beaded devil and get the rest too. Its almost assured that they will bug out. The rats sometimes do too, but not as often. FIXED

MysticTheurge
02-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Slithe:

Is the current implementation of Holy Aura (single target, self only, bonuses stack with other bonuses of the same name) an intended design decision or a bug (should be affecting all party members within range, not stack with other bonuses of the same type, offer spell resistance and 'blindness guard.')

Ghoste
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
A question about whether something is working as intended:

If you are sneaking along and bump into something...I understand it should clearly be able to notice you...and then cast invisibility and resume sneaking, are the monsters supposed to be able to still know where you are?

If yes:
-why do they stop following you in real time, but constantly swing once or twice at your previous locations, and begin following you at a slower movement rate, usually walking sideways or backwards?
-why is that not the case for other situations when they notice you (ie. run around in front of them, hit them with a fireball, cast invis, start sneaking - they can no longer follow you at all)?

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
The Orb that is made from the crafting alter in Meridia as an example that you have to return has the icon of a Festival Twig. It should also mention that the new item is in your backpack. I tried to drag it (to no avail) for a while at first, and was getting frustrated, until I thought, "When did I pick up this stupid twig?"

------------------------------------------------------------

Just an unrelated note, Ghoste made some GREAT videos showing the sneaking bugs he is describing. Check them out if you have not yet. (Good job there, Ghoste)

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
The timing on swinging a one-handed weapon while holding a shield and running (at least on a dwarven cleric) is off. The hit happens like a half of a second or more before the character swings. The timing of the back swing is the issue, its way too slow.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:32 PM
One in a swing chain, it is impossible to change weapons until the timer for a new swing chain is hit, making it difficult to switch weapons in combat.

Shade
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
This will allow us in QA to assist the developers in prioritizing better those issue which annoy players the most.
What annoys us the most? leveling up only to get weaker:
The slow 5th attack issue.. Tons of threads on this, no official response:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=129896&highlight=5th+attack+slow
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=134454&highlight=5th+attack+slow
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=134690&highlight=5th+attack+slow
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=130945&highlight=5th+attack+slow

Turial
02-15-2008, 03:35 PM
A decent number of times when one clicks on the manyshot icon, or even uses the botton it is hot keyed too, the timer begins but the manyshot effect does not. Also occurs with the deepwoods sniper shot and the true strike ability of the arcane archer.

Animals with improved trip seem to still be able to use their trip ability as a AOE. Its kinda funny once to watch the whole group go down to a lion but on the 3rd shot its bug territory. (hard to replicate due to the spastic nature of animal movement)

Also some mobs, namely giants, when reduced to 0 str still hit for the same amount of damage as they do at full str. They just hit less.

Air elementals are able to remain in the whirlwind form indefinately...bug or feature? They should only be able to maintain the form for a number of rounds like dijinns.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Misfiring of spells/ranged attacks when targeting through a friendly character. (Its one problem with the Asteroid room on the Abbot Raid)

bobbryan2
02-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Air elementals are able to remain in the whirlwind form indefinately...bug or feature? They should only be able to maintain the form for a number of rounds like dijinns.

they remain in the whirlwind form even when dazed. :)

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:41 PM
No Reflex save against the Whirlwind attack by the various creatures that can use it.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
This is one of those might be a bug, might be a design decision things...

Being prone from Trip causes characters to be completely incapable of making any actions. This causes a lot of trouble when in a room of air elementals as you slowly die from minor damage being applied as they throw you, over and over and you can't do ANYTHING about it.

Prone
The character is on the ground. An attacker who is prone has a -4 penalty on melee attack rolls and cannot use a ranged weapon (except for a crossbow). A defender who is prone gains a +4 bonus to Armor Class against ranged attacks, but takes a -4 penalty to AC against melee attacks.

Standing up is a move-equivalent action that provokes an attack of opportunity.

--------------------------------
Whacha got, Yaga_Nub? :)

Mad_Bombardier
02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
bug: when running at a ledge and casting a spell, if the climb action is triggered before the spell is completed the spell does not go off, you are charged with the spell points, and the spell goes on timer. for long wind up spells like summon monster, this can cause you to get locked out for 8 minutes.Same as above for Bard songs, Barbarian Rage, and Combat stances.

Ustice
02-15-2008, 03:48 PM
No DDO favicon on the forums.

jkm
02-15-2008, 03:48 PM
bug: create undead scrolls have a normal scroll timer instead of an 8 minute counter

Ghoste
02-15-2008, 03:49 PM
bug: create undead scrolls have a normal scroll timer instead of an 8 minute counter
Shhhhh!!! It's more fun that way.

ArkoHighStar
02-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Many who completed the shroud raid and went off timer before the bug was fixed do not have the favor listed nor does the shroud appear in their adventure compendium. Also it does not appear in the list of raids when yout type /quest completions

jkm
02-15-2008, 03:53 PM
bug: rogue/HV boosts do not apply their bonus on OL/DD if the action finishes in the last 2 seconds of the 20 second timer - this is caused by the delay in the die roll on when the action is finished

jkm
02-15-2008, 03:54 PM
bug: if you don't get your small ingredients bag before your first favor reward in the 12, you get no small bag

jkm
02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
bug: turn undead attempts from cha items are lost on initial log in. you have to wait in a tavern to recover these attempts.

jkm
02-15-2008, 04:01 PM
bug: campfires, rocks and other cosmetic items block fascinate and direct LOS spells (like heal)

jkm
02-15-2008, 04:02 PM
bug: ogres getting their rage on during a fascinate attempt are immune to the fascinate though the notes still trail from them as they beat me into a pulp

jkm
02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
bug: disintegrate only hits mobs with mantle of invulnerability about 1/2 the time

dragnmoon
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Slithe,

On the official Known issues thread Q states something I am unsure is accurate..

The following new abilities will be unavailable to rogues. This will be fixed in the next patch.
Defensive Roll: Grants the rogue a chance to cheat death when critically injured. When below 20% health, a rogue with Defensive Roll has a chance equal to their total Reflex Save Modifier of taking half damage from melee or ranged weapon attacks, and negating any special effects associated with the attack as if the rogue were blocking. Defensive Roll is subject to the same armor and encumbrance restrictions as the Evasion class skill.
Slippery Mind: Grants the rogue a second chance to avoid harmful enchantments. Upon failure of a Will Save vs. Enchantments, the rogue immediately receives a second attempt at the saving throw.

My Rogue can use his token to take these abilities now, but the problem is I can only exchange Skill mastery for the other new rogue abilities, Crippling strike is not on the list as an rogue ability that can be exchanged for the new rogue abilities..

Borrigain
02-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Many who completed the shroud raid and went off timer before the bug was fixed do not have the favor listed nor does the shroud appear in their adventure compendium. Also it does not appear in the list of raids when yout type /quest completions

Seconded.

borr.

jkm
02-15-2008, 04:06 PM
bug: electrical burst in the reaver bypasses all electric resistance and protection

jkm
02-15-2008, 04:09 PM
bug: when jumping into a sloping surface, it slings you outward as if you are a skateboard on a halfpipe. when jumping into a flat surface it sends you straight down and doesn't administer damage.

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-15-2008, 04:12 PM
bug: if you are in the air (either falling or jumping) and hit an inclined surface then you will be pushed off that surface but will be unable to stop yourself from moving laterally as you fall - even if you try and move the other way.

Garth

Lifespawn
02-15-2008, 04:39 PM
abbot goggles still get your char stuck

Casting a spell at a target that moves out of los before casting animation not only still tries to cast and goes on timer but sp are used if target is blocked why do sp's go out since the spell wasn't actually used.

recalling from any quest in the vale and then recalling again will put you in the 12 ddooring to the beginning and then walking out and recalling puts you in meridia also recalling stepping back in and back out works the same as using ddoor.

devils and orthons teleport when stoned facinated or otherwise not supposed to move as do the orb things in running with the devils

Ddooring in the shroud in any part where a devil or orthon can teleport to you bugs the quest and it is unfinishable even after killing said devil or orthon.

Bug or working as intended Unlimited concentration checks while casting animation even afterwards having to complete 10 concentration checks from mobs that aren't in range visibly to hit you and failing on the 11th

Bug mobs hitting you from obscene distances such as lions and scorps in the vale related note hitting mobs starts before they are visably in your area(example range a mob start swinging and watch as the damage and effects haoppen well before the mob is in range)they hit you before they are in range and i believe this is tied to why we can't hit them when they run away you have to run ahead of them and swing at the blank air to get a hit

Caught in webs when hit with dispell in coalescence and it still shows you have freedom of movement on either you were not dispelled and shouldn't be webbed or you were dispelled and the icon should go away

Related earth elementals from rainbow in the dark able to earthgrab at any distance Even outside the quest instance after the quest has ben reset and is no longer active.

things shooting arrows when paralyzed or held and they even turn in circles and track you.

Tyrande
02-15-2008, 05:05 PM
One of the most annoying bugs is when a mob is paralyzed, stunned, etc. and yet it still continues to either move and/or hit and/or cast spells and/or heal itself!!!

What's the use of stun, paralysis, etc. if this keeps happening?

Thanks for this thread.

Please add flesh to stone to that list. Funny to see a moving or lying on the ground moving statue.

Tyrande
02-15-2008, 05:17 PM
recalling from any quest in the vale and then recalling again will put you in the 12 ddooring to the beginning and then walking out and recalling puts you in meridia also recalling stepping back in and back out works the same as using ddoor.

Also, recalling out from the Shroud raid before its completion gets you to the harbor instead of Meridia or The Twelve area.
It will get you to Meridia if you use DDoor to the beginning and walk out.

Angelus_dead
02-15-2008, 05:32 PM
No Reflex save against the Whirlwind attack by the various creatures that can use it.
You get a reflex save against Air Elementals and Djinnis. What other monsters have whirlwind?

Dozen_Black_Roses
02-15-2008, 05:34 PM
First I apologize for the lack of details, but in the second part of deleras, you are not able to complete all the optionals regarding the Omera (sp?) guardians, as when you step on the two pedastals the underwater gate does not open as it should.

ENGRAV0
02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
[Bug] Creatures that are Flesh to Stoned seem to travel, and even evade you as if they were trying to obtain a distance from which to range attack you.

[Bug] Lag Glitch- right at the bottom of the entrance to StormCleave, enter, spawn, run down the hill. Been there for as long as I have played the game.

[Bug] Lag Glitch- Necro, just before the teleport from the Cafe to the Orchard end. When you approach the Teleport guy, there is a HUGE lag spike, every time.

[Bug] Lag- Constant, Daily Massive Lag spikes that affect the entire party, no matter which part of the world they play in. I am in Florida, one guy was in Texas, another in Italy, another in Canada, we ALL experienced the massive lag spike. As well, everyone was talking about them in Guild Chat.

[Bug] Occasionaly, when people are in The Shroud RAID, their blue dots appear in the town area of Meridia, as if they were in a seperate instance.

[Bug] Why does the favor show on a level 1 character for Shroud completion, and not the Character that completed the RAID?

[Bug] When entering a quest that has either previously been entered, or someone else is already in, the CORRECT difficulty is still not showing correctly. Been like this for a long time, was fixed, for about a week, then a patch occured and hasn't been right since.

[Bug] The Medium and Large Splintered Horn (Ingredients) are not placable into ANY Eldritch Device, not even the ones they say they hum like.

[Bug] -or- [Intended] Some ingredients fall in insane quantities (Lily Pettles & Locust Husks) while others fall as often as finding gold at the end of a Rainbow (Twigs, Pebbles, Khyber Fragments).

[Bug] In Ritual Sacrifice- There is a room where, for some odd reason, intended or not, you are unable to Tab select your enemies. If you back out of the room, you can tab select the enemies IN the room, but once going past a certain point, you can not sdo it anymore. Get past that room, and again, you are able to Tab select.

[Bug] The side quests for the Shroud RAID, Picking up the various bags that drop: Counters are not counting correctly, and, unless I have totaly missed the quest giver, the Orno Armor side quest is unobtainable.

[Bug] In Meridia, there is a purple dot, as if signifying a location for something in the corner between the entrance to Meridia and the entrance to The Shroud, way up high, but no way to get there (as far as I have been able to ascertain).

[Bug] -or- [Intended] The portals in Part 1 of the Shroud are able to be buffed, Ie. Displaced, Blurred, Cursed, Weekened, Destructed, Etc. Also, do inanimate objects have saves?

[Bug] After unlocking the doors in Part 3 of The Shroud RAID, they lock themselves back, Intended or not?

[Bug] Several Ingredients state "Describe Me" (or something very close) when examined.

[Bug] -or- [Intended] Stack size is absolute in Bags, regardless of the original stack size of the items. This pertains to Shard Fragments and Tokens from the Desert area.

[Bug] Demons (Both Devils AND Orno's) continue teleporting after you, even while you swim away. They sink to the bottom of the pond, then teleport a little further away towards you when they reach the bottom. Do they have underwater action on? (Little humor, sorry).

[Bug] Crystals in Part 3, exiting the rooms, Again, do Inanimate objects make saves against desintegrate? I have seen a lot make their saving throws.

Akhad_Durn
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Unable to select items to buy from tavern keepers until switching to another tab (sell) and back again. :mad:

Akhad_Durn
02-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Sometimes when dead, the release dialog's button remains grayed out permanently.

Akhad_Durn
02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
In the quest Rainbow in the Dark, it is possible to place the staff into the end socket without finishing the puzzle. :p

Zuldar
02-15-2008, 06:12 PM
[Bug] Crystals in Part 3, exiting the rooms, Again, do Inanimate objects make saves against desintegrate? I have seen a lot make their saving throws.

Magical inanimate objects makes saves based on the caster level of the person who made them. So being magical objects they would get to make a saving throw.

Akhad_Durn
02-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Spell/Items can be used but not have the desired effect occur, lockout timer runs, but SP/item isn't expended.

Akhad_Durn
02-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Hotbars do not entirely lock down when the UI options to lock the toolbars is selected. Currently when displaying more than one hotbar:

Items can be (re)moved while they are 'locked'. Items can usually be moved once, but after they have been moved they are truly locked down the way they should be.
The hotbars themselves can be moved while 'locked'. One side of the hotbars always allows moving the hotbars while locked, on horizontal bars this is the bottom edge, on vertical bars this is the left edge.

Elvish_Ranger
02-15-2008, 06:25 PM
there is one bug ive noticed continually for the past 6 months, greater heroism, when the spell is on your hotbar the duration says 2 hours 40 min when it should be 32 min extended please either fix this so it does last the 2 hrs or change the duration so its right

The_Cataclysm
02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Crippling Strike and Improved Evasion are not appearing as feats that can be respecced.

Rallie
02-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Slithe -- we were told just as mod 4 came out that this bug in Greater Teleport which prevents it from being cast in public areas would be fixed 'next patch'. That was a lot of patches ago, and still to this day I can't cast greater teleport in town. What's going on?

HumanJHawkins
02-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Keeper has a thread on these, so I won't go into much detail. I thought I would get the ladder bugs into the official bug thread though:

Ladder Bug A) Characters "Hitch" on Ladders
1. Try to climb the ladder up from the water in WW part 3. (Start from at or under water)
RESULT: Part way up, you will stop. You might die due to getting ranged at this point.

Ladder Bug B) Characters Rebound to Bottom of Ladder.
Try this on a lot of ladders... Not all have this issue, but enough do that it shouldn't take long to find.
1. Walk up to a ladder and just hold the forward key so you will start to climb.
RESULT: The character will bounce endlessly, climbing up a step and then rebounding back to the bottom.

About This Thread: It is a bummer to see several people already use this well intentioned thread to gripe about design decisions that QA has no control over. Sorry about that happening Silthe. Hope you keep doing this anyway.

Also, do you have the ability to delete or edit posts? It would be great if you could delete posts that are not true bug reports, and then add comments into others with any feedback you might have or learn about them... Perhaps with a different color so we can see your comments easily.

Thanks!

Akhad_Durn
02-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Switching items using a hotbar and trying to use it too quickly causes the change item lockout to run again. This is like the item is being selected again, rather than the item to be used and locked out. :(

Strakeln
02-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Not necessarily a bug, but a rather painful experience:

Master's touch (and from what I've heard, another related spell with a name that escapes me) grants weapon proficiencies for martial (and simple?) weapons. When you cast it, it actually adds the feats in your character sheet. This causes really, really nasty lag.

Typically not a problem, just cast at the beginning of a quest and you're good to go. But... when you run into a beholder and he debuffs you, lag central comes plowing through, leaving your teammates asking why you decided to stand prone in front of the beholder while he had his way with you.

Makes the spell dangerous to use in any quest where dispel is a possibility.

Is there a different way this could be implemented?

Akhad_Durn
02-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Orethon's (sp?) do not display debuff status images over the creatures head like other creatures. Spells like curse, fear, charm/suggestion, bane, etc...

Samadhi
02-15-2008, 07:47 PM
The bug with ranged attacks still exists. This would be the bug where, despite shot animations and clicks, there is no attack roll. Interestingly, in the early stages of the current MOD on Risia, I did not notice this. However, in the past week when I've pulled my archer off hiatus, I am still getting phantom shots both with my user of traditional bows and my repeater build.

Another interesting detail, that may be beneficial, or may just be coincidance due to the increased running speed of many mobs in the vale. Most of these phantom shots, that I experienced, were at point blank range. So far, I have not noticed much issues with hitting mobs at a distance. But, when the target is right in front of me, there is a reasonably high instance of ghost shots.

Thank you for the thread.

MysticTheurge
02-15-2008, 08:27 PM
they remain in the whirlwind form even when dazed. :)

I saw one remain in whirlwind form even while dead the other day.

I had killed it with destruction, you could no longer target it, but running up to it would hit you with the whirlwind-trip.

No DDO favicon on the forums.

Likewise, the emoticons are still anti-aliased (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing) against a light-grey or white background (probably the tan of the make-a-post UI) and thus show up with a bad "fuzz" around them against the dark-grey of the actual post-display screen:

:confused: :( :mad: :D ;) :p :o :) :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

It's especially noticeable on the "confused" emoticon.

The corrected versions were live on the forums at one point. It should simply be a matter of tracking them down and having the web-people put them in the right place.

Orethon's (sp?) do not display debuff status images over the creatures head like other creatures. Spells like curse, fear, charm/suggestion, bane, etc...

I believe this is a effect-height issue. I think they're displaying the effects inside their heads.

ENGRAV0
02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Magical inanimate objects makes saves based on the caster level of the person who made them. So being magical objects they would get to make a saving throw.

Been a LONG time since I haveplayed PnP, sorry. And, thank you for clearing this up for me, answers a lot of questions now. Appreciate your reply, straight to the point, and not brash. :)

Cahira
02-15-2008, 08:40 PM
When a mob caster uses Dispel Magic or Greater Dispel Magic against a PC, many times the buffs that are removed still show their icons.

Basically, it looks like you have the buff, but you don't. I don't know if it's all buffs. But I know that it happens with Greater Heroism and Freedom of Movement. It's gotten to where I have to check my combat log as soon as I see the little blue circle at my feet so that I know what I'm missing.

I told my husband about it the other day...he got dispelled while running Wiz King but couldn't check his combat log to see what he was missing...even though I told him to go back and check. Then he got all upset when he got feared by a mummy later because the Greater Heroism icon was still showing.

Also, it seems like higher level spells get dispelled first. Is that correct? I know that I had jump and elemental resists when I was getting dispelled...and consistently, I'd lose Greater Heroism and Freedom of Movement each time. There was a 2 DC difference between the caster who did jump and the resists and the caster who did the other two (the lower caster DC was for the GH and FoM...but they are more than 2 lvls higher than jump...so it should still have been a lower DC than the other two).

Angelus_dead
02-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Mummy Rot should allow a fortitude save to avoid con+cha damage. Up until module 6 it did, but now it does not.

Ghoste
02-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Crippling Strike and Improved Evasion are not appearing as feats that can be respecced.
Those are both automatic class feats for rogues, you're not supposed to be able to respec them. Every rogue has to have them at the appropriate level, no choice.

Ghoste
02-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Mummy Rot should allow a fortitude save to avoid con+cha damage. Up until module 6 it did, but now it does not.
Seriously? That's awesome. Mummies are now even more fun!

MysticTheurge
02-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Those are both automatic class feats for rogues, you're not supposed to be able to respec them. Every rogue has to have them at the appropriate level, no choice.

This is 100% incorrect.

Rogues can select which special abilities they want at levels 10, 13 and 16. Since more special abilities have been added, they're supposed to be able to respec the ones they were forced to take at 10th and 13th.

Ghoste
02-16-2008, 01:12 AM
This is 100% incorrect.

Rogues can select which special abilities they want at levels 10, 13 and 16. Since more special abilities have been added, they're supposed to be able to respec the ones they were forced to take at 10th and 13th.
You're right, I just re-read the description. Was thinking they just got both those for free at lvl 10. Now I see there's a whole list of stuff for "special abilities" for lvls 10, 13, 16 and 19.

MysticTheurge
02-16-2008, 01:22 AM
There's a graphics glitch that happens to me any time someone casts camouflage on me.

I'm using one of the round silver-flame shields (I think it's +5 adamantine heavy steel shield of lesser cold resistance, though I doubt that matters).

When someone cast's Camouflage on my, everything's fine. When it wears off, though, the graphic for the face of the shield is still the size of the Camouflage repeating pattern and repeats on my shield, instead of being a single full-size graphic.

captain1z
02-16-2008, 01:29 AM
There's a graphics glitch that happens to me any time someone casts camouflage on me.

I'm using one of the round silver-flame shields (I think it's +5 adamantine heavy steel shield of lesser cold resistance, though I doubt that matters).

When someone cast's Camouflage on my, everything's fine. When it wears off, though, the graphic for the face of the shield is still the size of the Camouflage repeating pattern and repeats on my shield, instead of being a single full-size graphic.

happens to me too..... shield type doesnt matter. camo wears off on character but stays on shield till I die or log.

i dont mind it really... but Im sure it wasnt intended to be that way.

MysticTheurge
02-16-2008, 01:30 AM
happens to me too..... shield type doesnt matter. camo wears off on character but stays on shield till I die or log.

i dont mind it really... but Im sure it wasnt intended to be that way.

It's not that my shield is keeping camo. I actually get the right graphic (round, with the silver flame symbol in the center) it's just small and repeating, instead of large and covering-the-whole-shield.

I'll see if I can't get screen shots.

Edit --

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDO/camobug.jpg

It's notable that my mace keeps the camo-coloring, like you mention. But swapping to a different mace and then back again fixes that. I can change to a different shield and then back and it'll still be bugged out. It persists as I travel from instance to instance and even if I die. The only way to restore the shield seems to be to log out and back in.

I just tested it on another shield, as well, and it seems like it may be a problem specific to this shield skin.

sheldie
02-16-2008, 02:09 AM
VoN 2 : The Prisoner. After crossing the Wind Bridge the words "The Village" are displayed on the screen but the DM voice over announces "The Grove".

Logging out of the game with a custom skin enabled causes the mini-map to cease updating.

The custom skin droplist falls right over the "Default" button, with the delay in the skin update, the "Defaut" button may be accidentaly pressed.

Arundil
02-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Critters in the Vale of Twilight seem to run at the same speed as the player they are aggroed on. If the player is hasted, the mob will run as fast as that hasted character. Very bad if you're low on hp and a "hasted" mob decides to change it's target to you.

Ustice
02-16-2008, 06:43 AM
If the chat window ui is hidden, you can still scroll up. This as the effect of (if you do not notice) seeing lag in what is being said. My favorite was someone asking to have some debuff removed after (I thought) the quest was over. Once the chat log is hidden, it should lock out the ui, and stay scrolled to the bottom.

Ustice
02-16-2008, 06:47 AM
When MT posts a REALLY wide pic, it breaks the forum width. ;)

Nothin' but love for ya, man. :)

Lifespawn
02-16-2008, 08:30 AM
not sure if this is intended but we tried to think outside the box and...

Using create undead to summon a mummy dispelling him cursing him casting control undead and pulling him around the despair that affects us does not seem to affect npc's atall no save roll or anything no immune please make them either say immune to fear make them actually feared.

MysticTheurge
02-16-2008, 09:01 AM
When MT posts a REALLY wide pic, it breaks the forum width. ;)

Nothin' but love for ya, man. :)

My picture wasn't even that wide!!

(It doesn't break my page at 1280x1024, your resolution must be too small. :p)

MysticTheurge
02-16-2008, 09:02 AM
not sure if this is intended but we tried to think outside the box and...

Using create undead to summon a mummy dispelling him cursing him casting control undead and pulling him around the despair that affects us does not seem to affect npc's atall no save roll or anything no immune please make them either say immune to fear make them actually feared.

You don't get feedback (like "Immune") on effects that you don't create. So if your summoned Efreeti is casting scorching ray at a fire elemental, it's not going to say "Immune."

What kind of enemies were you around when your mummy wasn't despairing anything?

moorewr
02-16-2008, 09:11 AM
An infamous one: In desecrated temple of vol, when you enter the chamber of the high priest, the DM intones "the only way forward is through the swampy muck" from the left hand key chest run.

bobbryan2
02-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Whenever you kill the fire elemental in Rainbow in the Dark, you get the DM text for killing the named Beholder (for a second time if you killed him once)

KatanAztar
02-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Here's my pet peeve bug..

Human Male characters cleave much slower than any race/gender when using sheild and 1-handed weapon. However, the speed is equivelant when using 2-handers and dual weilding.

1st bug reported it a mod ago

RTN
02-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Djinn that die in the Vale stay in their whirlwind form. Can't target them, but they do still fling you around (MT and another posted a similar thing). I don't remember if this applies to Wind Elementals out there as well.

The random teleporting quest in the Necropolis bugs out frequently when you zone out (and in?) to a water area. Your body disappears and only leaving the zone (sometimes several times) gets your body back. Looks like a FPS view.

jkm
02-16-2008, 10:50 AM
bug: hobgoblin avengers including gharjak the named in TR continue to do a chopping motion that does damage when feared.

ENGRAV0
02-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Djinn that die in the Vale stay in their whirlwind form. Can't target them, but they do still fling you around (MT and another posted a similar thing). I don't remember if this applies to Wind Elementals out there as well.

The random teleporting quest in the Necropolis bugs out frequently when you zone out (and in?) to a water area. Your body disappears and only leaving the zone (sometimes several times) gets your body back. Looks like a FPS view.

I thought (or had been told they had) fixed this. I used to like that quest, but when I am having to have my party mate tell me which way to face so that my body can attack an oncoming enemy, and what I see on MY screen is just a water room, it just gets too annoying. I submitted abug report a while back on this, on two seperate occasions, gave my email, and still , no feed back or further questions were sent to me. Hmm, where DO those bug reports go?

Beherit_Baphomar
02-16-2008, 11:11 AM
The trap boxes (where the actual bad stuff comes out of) in Tempest Spine are sitting about 3 feet from the wall, floating in midair.

I ran it the other night but I cant remember what boxes exactly it was...sorry :o

Dark_Helmet
02-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Welcome to the Bug Hunter thread!
~Silthe

Nice

How come when you are given the items to craft that first time it becomes a twig? When you get those items and put them in your bag, she doesn't realize you have them in a bag so when you talk to her, she will give them to you again.

The medium horns are rejected by the altar even though they say they are attuned to the altar.

When zoning into some quests, my client crashes (not just the teleport error). It seems to happen more often when my client is on longer.

Greater teleport is blocked by objects (including the invisible objects you created to prevent stuck areas).

When casting a target spell, when a creature goes behind you the spell doesn't go off - even though there is NO facing in DnD. Only cone or LOE from your base need to expand out from a facing.

MysticTheurge
02-16-2008, 01:46 PM
All of the chests that Rares drop in the vale are turned 180 degrees from the direction they seem like they should be facing.

oronisi
02-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Welcome to the Bug Hunter thread! This is where we can discuss the current state of various bugs that have been detracting from your play experience. This will allow us in QA to assist the developers in prioritizing better those issue which annoy players the most. We also hope to be able to give more timely updates on if and when any particular bug will be fixed. Additionally it’ll give us a forum to collect more information from several players at once on issues that are proving difficult for us to reproduce.

In conjunction with this thread, we'll be focusing on keeping an even more up-to-date and complete list of Known Issues (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1567922).

Here are the rules:

- DO post asking whether issues are behaving as intended or are, in fact, bug.
- DO post about old issues that seem like they’ve been around forever. There’s no retirement age for issues that interrupt your play.

- Do NOT say anything negative about another poster.
- Do NOT try to argue about how something is implemented. If we say that it’s by design, you can discuss it in the rest of the developer discussion forum, in a constructive manner.
- Do NOT demand responses to your posts. Don’t be surprised if a few days go by between official posts as QA has lots of other things that need to get done before spending time on the forums.

Just keep it friendly and we’ll be as open as we can about what’s going on behind the scenes.

~Silthe
DDO QA

PS: This is not a substitute for using the in-game bug reporting tool. That is still the best and most reliable way to get your bug looked at and addressed.

This is a great idea or a thread! I wonder where you got it from?

Hint: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1561594&postcount=85 :)

I doubt you made this thread because of little ol me but it's nice to have this place for some of your most helpful gamers (not me, but there are some awesome gamers that really contribute around here).

MysticTheurge
02-16-2008, 10:19 PM
While underwater/swimming I can:

Change weapons
Change shields

While underwater/swimming I cannot:

Use a weapon set to change both weapon and shield at the same time.

ENGRAV0
02-17-2008, 03:17 AM

Change weapons
Change shields

Use a weapon set to change both weapon and shield at the same time.

Along these lines, when an Orno is agrod on you, and you choose to, rather quickly jump ni the water to swim away from him, he constantly spawns in the air, sinking to the bottom, shoots his crossbow (While both underwater, and in the air exactly as he spawns back) directly at you. Luckily, haven't died yet because of this, but, um, I don't believe I am able to cast spells, or fire anything, or even swing a weapon while in the water. [BUG]

Bogenbroom
02-17-2008, 06:38 AM
Suprised no one else has mentioned this, but the game seems to lock up briefly during load-in.

Specifically on the progress bar/tip screen the game will lock up for about 10-20 seconds at 0 progress. You cannot even alt-tab out of the game.

This is relatively new, been around since before mod 6 though.

oronisi
02-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Suprised no one else has mentioned this, but the game seems to lock up briefly during load-in.

Specifically on the progress bar/tip screen the game will lock up for about 10-20 seconds at 0 progress. You cannot even alt-tab out of the game.

This is relatively new, been around since before mod 6 though.

Yes, it's gotten bad lately. It seems to happen to me every single time I log in to a character now.

ENGRAV0
02-17-2008, 01:24 PM
[BUG] -OR- [Design] Not sure, but, with the lag being the way it has been, some people in my groups tend to lose connection, entirely by no fault of their own. They regain connection and are either outside the quest, or all the way back in town. Now, this REALLY causes an issue when you are doing a RAID, because obviously you want the GM to put you back in, which takes over an hour more often than not to even get to your ticket. We have restarted the Shroud raid, in order to give one of our party members a chance to partake in getting rewards, ingredients from the chest.

Here is an example, and before anyone even thinks about bashing this, consider, you beat parts 1,2 and 3 of the Shroud, just before the fight is over in part 3, you dc. You reconnect, and find yourself looking at the entrance in the very first section of the RAID. This RAID already takes a great deal of time and patience, now either your group waits for the GMs, who then say they must pass it on to a senior GM, and, well, do you have any idea how long a wait that usualy is?

Ustice
02-17-2008, 01:59 PM
An infamous one: In desecrated temple of vol, when you enter the chamber of the high priest, the DM intones "the only way forward is through the swampy muck" from the left hand key chest run.

I don't know if this is still an issue, but while it was an issue, it seemed to be caused by the camera not changing z-location along with the character.

Xithos
02-17-2008, 05:05 PM
The things that bother me the most are:

1) It is really hard to hit monsters when they are moving. I think that started sometime around when gianthold came out, but I enjoy the way it used to be. Not sure if this is a bug or just something to make the game harder.

2) Getting stuck on ladders is getting kind of old. Please fix :)

3) I have been noticing that my tab key is not cycling through monsters from time to time. Also a minor hindrance.

MysticTheurge
02-17-2008, 05:07 PM
3) I have been noticing that my tab key is not cycling through monsters from time to time. Also a minor hindrance.

I find this happens a lot in certain parts of Ritual Sacrifice especially. Is it possible there's some invisible/intangible geometry that's telling the tab-cycle that monsters aren't actually visible when, in fact, they are?

Tyrande
02-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Sometimes I cannot buy drinks or food from the tavern right after a quest to replenish hit points and spell points.
However, after hitting the sell button and then re-hit the buy button, the purchase works.

DrAwkward
02-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Here's a possible bug:

My guildie and I are noticing a trend of lag spikes at the end of the Reaver's raid. It occurs often enough that I won't run the raid without three or more guildies so I know somebody will wait for me if I time out.

It tends to happen right when the chests spawn, or right when they are opened. It doesn't always boot us, but we have lost chests due to timing out completely at just the wrong time. Only correlation 'tween me and my guildmate is we are both in California.

PS: I have a post pretty early on in the thread, so I'l edit it with any new bugs I wanna bring up.

daydrmrzzz
02-17-2008, 06:05 PM
The single attack key is mapped to the left mouse button by default, which is also used to select hot keys, drag window overlays, etc. Therefore, the attack function is disabled whenever the cursor is over one of the window overlays (hot bars, quest window, die, examination orb, chat windows, xp bar, etc.). This part is working as intended. However, when the single attack function is mapped to another key (for example a joystick button, or a controller key, or even a keyboard key) the attack function is still disabled whenever the cursor is over a window overlay, even though the left mouse button still selects those items and the new key does not, and has no reason to be disabled. This has resulted in numerous deaths where I'm trying to attack, but nothing happens, I notice the cursor is over a hot bar, so I quickly move the mouse and try again, whoops it landed on the quest window, still can't attack, move it again, landed on the chat box, move it again and then I'm dead. Can you please separate the attack function from the left mouse select funtion when single attack is remapped.

leafman343
02-17-2008, 08:09 PM
possible bugs-
Warforged can be hit with flesh-to-stone by the stone scorpians in Rainbow in the Dark.

and

Warforged can be hit with burning blood, personally, they should be immune because they have no blood....

MysticTheurge
02-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Warforged can be hit with burning blood, personally, they should be immune because they have no blood....

This is not true.

A warforged can be affected by any anatomy-based attack unless they are specifically listed as immune to the attack in the ECS (and there aren't many) or the attack specifically says it requires a certain type of target which a warforged is not (such as Flesh to Stone).

In all other cases, Warforged have correlating parts, structures, organs or bodily fluids that allow the attack to affect them.

So, for example, in the case of Burning Blood you could rework the fluff so it's "burning sap" or "burning lubricating oils" if it helps.

(Other examples of effects that work on Warforged, contrary to what one might expect, include a vampire's blood drain ability and a mind flayer's brain extraction.)

MrCow
02-17-2008, 10:29 PM

* Change weapons
* Change shields

* Use a weapon set to change both weapon and shield at the same time.

I do not believe you are capable of switching out to something with a higher armor penalty check while in the water (and my guess would be due to some complications for the swimming breath-o-meter).

I've always been capable of swapping in weapons, but never shields if I had no shield prior to the swap.

MysticTheurge
02-17-2008, 11:49 PM
I do not believe you are capable of switching out to something with a higher armor penalty check while in the water (and my guess would be due to some complications for the swimming breath-o-meter).

I've always been capable of swapping in weapons, but never shields if I had no shield prior to the swap.

That may be true. But I can switch from heavy shield to heavy shield. Unless I'm trying to do it via weapon set.

Ustice
02-18-2008, 07:12 AM
As for the tab selecting, there is another instance where this is happening. Both the Earth Elementals, and some of the cats can not be targeted/attacked until their start-up animation has finished playing.

leafman343
02-18-2008, 10:52 AM
This is not true.

A warforged can be affected by any anatomy-based attack unless they are specifically listed as immune to the attack in the ECS (and there aren't many) or the attack specifically says it requires a certain type of target which a warforged is not (such as Flesh to Stone).

In all other cases, Warforged have correlating parts, structures, organs or bodily fluids that allow the attack to affect them.

So, for example, in the case of Burning Blood you could rework the fluff so it's "burning sap" or "burning lubricating oils" if it helps.

(Other examples of effects that work on Warforged, contrary to what one might expect, include a vampire's blood drain ability and a mind flayer's brain extraction.)

Ok, just was a thought that crossed my mind, as long as someone can explain why something should work, I have no problem with it

MysticTheurge
02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Ok, just was a thought that crossed my mind, as long as someone can explain why something should work, I have no problem with it

Yeah, no worries. It's a common stumbling block when it comes to warforged and in-game effects.

Beherit_Baphomar
02-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Just thought of another one that irks me no end is in Prison of the Planes, after you kill the giant skellie in the switch room the GM voiceover guys says "FIVE! - Blahblahblahblahblah"

Can you edit the number out please?

I guess he has "One, What have I done, time is short it must be stopped"
and "Two, The chambah will seeuhl in ten seconds"

So on and so forth.

Only whoever edited the voiceover for that particular part forgot to take out the dude saying the number.

Thank yeh kindly.

Strumpoo
02-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Earth Elementals are bugged.

When you charm them they will engage one enemy and once that enemy is destroyed, they will be "rooted" into place. They will not attack, or follow their new "master". They still can be damaged and killed, they just do not attack anymore.

This bug also affects summoned earth elementals.

tihocan
02-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Probably mentioned before, but two annoying bugs:
- the displayed quest difficulty on a quest pop up box is not always correct (sometimes it seems to display the difficulty of the quest you completed before)
- it is not possible to re-bid on an item from the Bids tab after being outbid (this bug existed previous to mod.6, but logging out/in fixed it - now this workaround does not work anymore)

MysticTheurge
02-18-2008, 12:28 PM
1) Perhaps because it was just modified from an existing NPC spell, Incendiary Cloud hinders the vision of allies when you cast it. It should be changed to be in line with other cloud spells (which no longer do this).

2) When you cast a Mass Cure spell, the chance for the spell to be a crit is calculated for each individual instance of curing (That is, if I hit six party members with Mass CLW, one of them may get a crit heal and the others will get normal heals). It should be changed to be checked upon the casting of the spell and applied to all the effects to bring it in line with other spells that affect multiple targets.

5footStep
02-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Bug 1. Ranged Attacks Not Registering As An Attack
Okay.. here is the top most annoying bug for me lately.. least I call it a bug though its probably an entire ranged issue.. STILL

Now.. I must preface this with the fact that I notice this effect to happen primarily in the Vale adventure area and more often on smaller npc mobs. Larger mobs do not seem to demonstrate this as frequently. I don't know if its: a continuation of ranged issues from before, an issue of me being a giant warforged shooting at a much smaller target, or an issue of proximity of target. I do know however that it occurs more often than not when npc mobs are close to me. I have point blank shot as well. I can shoot at a npc target using ranged attack and have no actual response to a hit or a miss. I noticed this occuring with some ranged-attack type spells in the Vale on risia and bug reported it back then. It almost seems at times to have an angle variant to it. If the npc is close to me and slightly off center (say 15 degrees to my right or left) the ranged attack doesn't even register. This may be a fluke, but that is what I notice. I even made a video so you can see it. I have not noticed this as much in areas outside of vale adventure area, though admittedly lower CR npc are usually dead before they even get that close.

Ranged Attack Video
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQTOiAzr8tM)

Kraki
02-18-2008, 02:57 PM
There was a reference in another post earlier in the thread and I felt that this needed to be expanded upon.

The quest is The Shadow Crypt.

Problem: Seemingly randomly when entering a room, instead of seeing your normal view (behind your character) you are locked into a "First Person" mode. When this happens, it appears that you are in one of the 4 colored water rooms. You can move around somewhat but you seem to hit walls that you can't see and you can sometimes go through walls that are there. The only recourse is to back out of the room and try to get to a good room.

We refer to this a "Bugged Water".

What is actually happening is that your body is in another room of the same color as the colored water room that you see.
For example, if you're in "Bugged Red Water", then you might actually be in the Red Pyramid, Red Pillars, Red Torches or Red Maze (Often it's the maze). When moving around, you are limited by the room that you are REALLY in. You see walls etc in the water but you can pass through them no problem till you suddenly hit a dead end because your BODY is in the maze and has hit a wall in THAT room.

You can be traded with if someone can find the correct room that your body is in, healed etc but you only see the "Bugged Water" room.

I have not found any pattern to what entrances or color etc that causes this but I have not seen more than 2 "Bugged" colors in one instance and there has never been one where we were unable to find a doorway that functioned correctly. Solving this puzzle has become more of a matter of perseverence since you just have to keep backing out of the "Bugged" visuals.

Oh as a PS: If someone in a "Bugged" visuals area can be navigated around, they will actually exit the room that their body is in and move on to another room.

PSS: This has been bugged in game.

Kraki

Turial
02-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Casting a spell as a rage spell or pot ends causes you to make a concentration check as if you had taken damage. Feature or bug?

MysticTheurge
02-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Casting a spell as a rage spell or pot ends causes you to make a concentration check as if you had taken damage. Feature or bug?

Feature... I'll look for DG's explanation.

Edit -- See this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=131397).

Hafeal
02-18-2008, 04:48 PM
[bug] Favor does not register for Twilight Forge upon completion either in the Compendium or in the the total under Patron.

Bogenbroom
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
When casting an AoE spell targeting a creature the spell will go off where the creature was when the casting began *HOWEVER* when casting an AoE spell at a creature and he moves behind you the spell won't go off with the standard visibility error. One or the other should be the case, but certainly not both.

MysticTheurge
02-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Some of the "Tomb of the Shadow _____" are listed in my quest Journal under Necropolis and some are listed under Orchard of the Macabre.

It seems as though it may vary from person to person as someone else in my group was acting as though all of his were under the Orchard.

GoldyGopher
02-18-2008, 11:03 PM
On Khyber: You are at: r1 lx1760 ly32 i2052 cInside ox0.14 oy274.18 oz-438.61 h90.0 is a spot where a dwarf can get wedged between the bottom of the ramp above and floor.

Pellegro
02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
1. My TAB Substitute Is Not Working

My "acquire next target" key is not working like it used to.

I remapped it from TAB to my spacebar.

I used to be able to cycle through all mobs quite quickly.

Now, its not working. It seldom cycles.

2. I've been getting BSODs since MOD6 and/or latest Windows XP update

What else can I say ... I'd *never* once had DDO crash on me. Now its happened a few times.

EightyFour
02-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Well I turned this one in to a GM and they told me to fill out a bug report which I did. But I imagine this one is pretty rare. Got to level 15 after coming back from a 4 month break. I had a capped character, so one run out to the desert and bam, he's level 15. My favor on that character was 1735, so I finally got around to finishing up those last 15 points. It was a lot easier now I admit because of the extra content added, so I did Proof is in the Poison, which was still new to me. Considering it just came out when I left. So I wrap up the last 15 points and get 1750 favor. No mail notification. I run over to Nyx, he tells me "what's up man, just hanging out here waiting for my next hit of favor" and I tell him "Hey man, I just gave you a 1750 hit of favor, aren't you supposed to me given me something here?" and so he says "No man, I never got the memo, it has to be signed in triplicate, than lost, than found, than buried for three months, than unburied, lost again, found again and than you can get that +2 book I promised you" That's when I decided to report Nyx to a GM, I think he's been getting to many hits of favor and he just doesn't love it like he used to, he's grown complacent.
So I guess I'l just sum up that I didn't get a +2 tome for my trouble, but funny enough I'm not that mad about it, I don't really care a whole heck of a lot. I just don't see the point in stressing myself out about something that well probable happen again. Not in the same way of course, but it well be something, I just keep counting my lucky stars and move on to more important things.
BTW, thank you Turbine for making a great game.

llevenbaxx
02-19-2008, 11:24 AM
It appears that Improved Uncanny Dodge is giving incorrect Reflex save bonuses. The listed bonus is +4, the class feat, always registers a +6 in the combat log. This bug is constant in all reflex saves. Would just like to this looked into. Thank you.

Rekker
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Well I turned this one in to a GM and they told me to fill out a bug report which I did. But I imagine this one is pretty rare. Got to level 15 after coming back from a 4 month break. I had a capped character, so one run out to the desert and bam, he's level 15. My favor on that character was 1735, so I finally got around to finishing up those last 15 points. It was a lot easier now I admit because of the extra content added, so I did Proof is in the Poison, which was still new to me. Considering it just came out when I left. So I wrap up the last 15 points and get 1750 favor. No mail notification. I run over to Nyx, he tells me "what's up man, just hanging out here waiting for my next hit of favor" and I tell him "Hey man, I just gave you a 1750 hit of favor, aren't you supposed to me given me something here?" and so he says "No man, I never got the memo, it has to be signed in triplicate, than lost, than found, than buried for three months, than unburied, lost again, found again and than you can get that +2 book I promised you" That's when I decided to report Nyx to a GM, I think he's been getting to many hits of favor and he just doesn't love it like he used to, he's grown complacent.
So I guess I'l just sum up that I didn't get a +2 tome for my trouble, but funny enough I'm not that mad about it, I don't really care a whole heck of a lot. I just don't see the point in stressing myself out about something that well probable happen again. Not in the same way of course, but it well be something, I just keep counting my lucky stars and move on to more important things.
BTW, thank you Turbine for making a great game.

Check to see if you already ate a +2 tome for the favor. In the time you have been gone some of the favor values on the quests were adjusted. Its possible you already had 1750 favor and the adjustment lowered your actual total ???

Rekker
02-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Barbarian Rage is not a use on click affect.

If you move at all after clicking the Rage it does not give you credit, the good thing is it doesn't charge you for it (like LoH used to do), the bad thing is your timer does active and you have to wait for it to reset. Make it a use on click similar to how LoH was updated.

Tyrande
02-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Bug or Feature?

There is a way to complete part II of the Shroud Raid without killing any of the red named monsters.
i.e. Shatter the crystal within the force field.

DeadlyGazebo
02-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Bug or Feature?

There is a way to complete part II of the Shroud Raid without killing any of the red named monsters.
i.e. Shatter the crystal within the force field.

That's a bug, and should be fixed soon...

DeadlyGazebo
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
It appears that Improved Uncanny Dodge is giving incorrect Reflex save bonuses. The listed bonus is +4, the class feat, always registers a +6 in the combat log. This bug is constant in all reflex saves. Would just like to this looked into. Thank you.

The feat is implemented correctly (+6 to reflex saves); the description is wrong.

The description will be fixed to say that it gives +6 to your reflex saves for mod 7.

dragnmoon
02-19-2008, 03:56 PM
The feat is implemented correctly (+6 to reflex saves); the description is wrong.

The description will be fixed to say that it gives +6 to your reflex saves for mod 7.

TYVM......:D

Coldin
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM

Glad to hear it!

Shima-ra
02-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Speaking of uncanny dodge, is it normal that uses dont stack?
I have a barb/rogue and I'm stuck with only 2 uses per day, where a pure barb or rogue gets 5.

DeadlyGazebo
02-19-2008, 04:38 PM
possible bugs-
Warforged can be hit with flesh-to-stone by the stone scorpians in Rainbow in the Dark.

and

As mentioned by some other posters, warforged are generally vulnerable to anatomy referring attacks, because they have similar bits of anatomy (burning blood lights their oil on fire or something...); flesh to stone is an exception to this because we like exceptions.

They are, however, immune to anything that can only target "humanoids" (which includes anything that has "person" in the name), becuase they are of genus Construct:LivingConstruct, rather than genus Humanoid:<blah> like all other characters.

So, being hit by both of those things is by design, and you being confused by these things is Not My Fault; I am however changing the name of the effect the stone scorps hit you with becuase warforged are immune to "flesh to stone" and aren't immune to this effect (or the similar effect from elder earth elementals). That change should be in for mod 7.0

Neehla
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
2) When you cast a Mass Cure spell, the chance for the spell to be a crit is calculated for each individual instance of curing (That is, if I hit six party members with Mass CLW, one of them may get a crit heal and the others will get normal heals). It should be changed to be checked upon the casting of the spell and applied to all the effects to bring it in line with other spells that affect multiple targets.

If this is fixed, then perhaps the lag which results in a big battle healing many people might not be as bad. Right now, when my cleric casts mass cure in a raid, the world stops spinning. :)

DeadlyGazebo
02-19-2008, 05:02 PM
bug: turn undead attempts from cha items are lost on initial log in. you have to wait in a tavern to recover these attempts.

That shall be fixed by 7.0.

Silthe
02-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Ok, starting this thread before a long weekend was clearly an unwise decision. Nevertheless I've collected questions from the first four pages of this thread already and hope to catch up on the rest tomorrow. Then I'll start researching the answers.

Please keep in mind, however, that this thread is for discussing bugs, not reporting them. Please submit all bug reports though the bug reporting tool first. If you're not sure if something is a bug or by design, feel free to ask here.

Also, if you reported a bug a couple modules ago and it still isn't fixed, feel free to ask about the status here.

~Silthe

The_Cataclysm
02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Edit: The following new abilities will be unable to be exchanged via the feat respec system by rogues who obtained their current special Rogue abilities before Module 6 was released. This will be fixed in the next patch

No mention of skill mastery in the list even though it can't be changed to either since none of the level 10/13 rogue feats that were picked up before mod 6 can be switched out and isn't limited to the two skills listed.

Silthe
02-19-2008, 05:35 PM
No mention of skill mastery in the list even though it can't be changed to either since none of the level 10/13 rogue feats that were picked up before mod 6 can be switched out and isn't limited to the two skills listed.

While I'm here...

That's still not worded correctly. I'll get with Tolero and have a better entry on what's going on there posted soon.

~Silthe

leafman343
02-19-2008, 05:54 PM
So, being hit by both of those things is by design, and you being confused by these things is Not My Fault; I am however changing the name of the effect the stone scorps hit you with becuase warforged are immune to "flesh to stone" and aren't immune to this effect (or the similar effect from elder earth elementals). That change should be in for mod 7.0

There are two things I would like to point out about my post:
1. I said possible bugs, not knowing what was intended and not intended I cannot definately state that they were in fact bugs. My personal opinion about burning blood was proven to be wrong because I did not fully understand the anatomy of Warforged (I tried to look it up, but that information isn't availible online)
2. I did not imply that anyone was at fault, though I will say, since you bring it up, it is indeed the fault of person who designed the flesh-to-stone-like effect for mislabelling the effect causing any "confusion" I may have displayed.
I'll give you a syllogism to make it simple:

A Turbine Developer is a person who designed the stone scorpian in the Rainbow in the Dark quest,
The stone scorpian's special ability is mislabelled as flesh-to-stone.
Therefore, A Turbine Developer is a person who mislabelled the stone scorpian's special ability.

The_Cataclysm
02-19-2008, 06:05 PM
While I'm here...

That's still not worded correctly. I'll get with Tolero and have a better entry on what's going on there posted soon.

~Silthe

Good to know it is just poor wording. Thanks.

dragnmoon
02-19-2008, 06:28 PM
While I'm here...

~Silthe

She needs 1 more edit... she put Skill mastery on the list of feats that were prior mod 6 that can not be exchanged...

Skill mastery can be exchanged and came out with mod 6.

GlassCannon
02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Have a couple of things I noticed. (this the wife btw, not the usual.. um less tactful person on this account :) )

Anyhoo.

1. In the description of the Paladin Rally (remove fear) says it has a certain cool down, but I can't use it again till after shrining.. Shouldn't it have a set number of uses, rather than a cool down timer? or maybe both? As it is it, it is somewhat misleading... Or just change the description maybe..

2. Just today, I was running "running with the devils". I was the last to die with most of the aggro on me.. It stayed on me while I was dead. Had an invisible stalker swinging away at my ghost. Is this a case of broken aggro AI or are they suppose to chase my ghost around?

Ustice
02-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Ok, starting this thread before a long weekend was clearly an unwise decision. Nevertheless I've collected questions from the first four pages of this thread already and hope to catch up on the rest tomorrow. Then I'll start researching the answers.

Please keep in mind, however, that this thread is for discussing bugs, not reporting them. Please submit all bug reports though the bug reporting tool first. If you're not sure if something is a bug or by design, feel free to ask here.

Also, if you reported a bug a couple modules ago and it still isn't fixed, feel free to ask about the status here.
~Silthe

This is why I suggested that you create an entire forum for this, separate from the Development Discussion. That way we can have one post per bug, and we can discuss it without the thread exploding or turning into unreadable chaos. I think that you will get more useful information this way. Just look at the Ladder bug thread for an example.

Samadhi
02-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Barbarian rages are changing duration. With the following remaining constant (con/level/enhancements) my rage time varies between the usual value (3 min) and an occassional lower value (2min 30sec).

Vaarsuvius
02-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed WF neg lvls due to death effects are not wearing off?

DavydM
02-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Last night while running through the vale on Severyn (1 ranger - 15 wizard) I had 4 levels drained by one of the knolls, which took my hitpoints from 187 max down to approx 122 max (cant remeber exact number) so i recalled to Meridia to get the levels back while i was standing in the tavern I thought hmmm that seems a little excessive to almost lose a third of my hit points for only losing 4 leves :(

So i started trying to work out what was going on, being as i took ranger at 1st level and the last 15 levels as Wizard i would expect that if I lost 4 levels I should lose 4 + con bonus + toughness bonus hitpoints per level drained...

Since my con is 16 giving +3 and i have taken the toughness feat once + am wearing the helm from the orchard giving me an extra toughness feat giving a toughness bonus of +2, which would give me a total of 9hp loss per level I figured something weird is going on...

by this time i had regained 3 levels so was only 1 level down and missing 19 hitpoints I am trying to work out where the other 10 hit points came from per level that i had lost from being drained ?

So is this working as designed ? Do we lose a set amount of hitpoints per level drained or is there something weird going on with my chracter because he has 1 level of ranger ? Or is something else going on here ?

I've always wondered why beholders, etc draining a couple of levels seemed to make me die rather fast :)

Deriaz
02-19-2008, 09:06 PM
Has anyone else noticed WF neg lvls due to death effects are not wearing off?

Noticed it as well, especially since all my characters are Warforged. For me, it lasts until I log out.

I'm assuming the game is applying a normal negative level to a player when they die. Since Warforged are immune to negative levels, the game doesn't know to remove it when the timer is up because, techincally, Warforged shouldn't lose negative levels. But since death is different than just a negative level spell, it should.

Just my view on it.

-D

Angelus_dead
02-19-2008, 09:31 PM
1. In the description of the Paladin Rally (remove fear) says it has a certain cool down, but I can't use it again till after shrining.. Shouldn't it have a set number of uses, rather than a cool down timer? or maybe both? As it is it, it is somewhat misleading... Or just change the description maybe..
Originally paladin rally had unlimited uses with a cooldown timer between them. That was changed in the Academy Training update, where it took its current form of a useless waste of APs.

Considering that the Rally effect is equal to about 1/2 of a low-powered level 1 spell, there's no reason not to give paladins infinite uses.

Angelus_dead
02-19-2008, 09:40 PM
There is no published documentation on what the correct behavior is, and the change you request would be a nerf to player character abilities.

GlassCannon
02-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Considering that the Rally effect is equal to about 1/2 of a low-powered level 1 spell, there's no reason not to give paladins infinite uses.

One would think, lol.. Then it just needs a description update.. As is, it still implies that we pallys can use it only after the cool down timer, but I've only ever been able to use it once per rest...would be nice if they changed it back... I wanna be useful again darn it! :sits and waits patiently for the hinted at "pally attention" in mod 7..here's hoping)

TechNoFear
02-19-2008, 10:47 PM
Bard Songs:
Ones granted as class feats generally use one timer.
Except Inspire Courage (? ummm... the song that gives a HP bonus ) and enhancement ones (Spell Trance from SpellSinger) which share a timer.

Is this by design?

Wep Slots:
It appears that wep slots do not work appear to work as I would expect. Are the following bugs or by design?

If I create a wep slot with nothing in my primary hand and a wep in my off hand, it equips the wep to my primary and nothing to my off hand.
[ie Want my TWF ranger to be able to select off hand wep from a slot, then use normal slot to select primary].

If I create a wep slot with nothing in my off and a wep in my primary hand, it does not clear my current off hand wep/shield.
ie I want to switch from two 'spell sticks' to a 'muckbane + empty' (so not to damage the spell sticks on the ooze/rusty).

Is this by design?

Vale Rares
Are the drop rates correct? Not seen Lycomedies(sp?) since the patch (0 of >12 runs). Bats are very frequent though (~10/12)

'Out of Ammo'
Is it by design that ammo does not always automatically equip (when unsecured)?
That is, if your ammo slot is empty you have to manually equip some ammo, even if you have unsecured ammo.

ie A mob destroyed my last bolts from my ammo slot, but I had >1000 more unsecured in my inventory. Should I get an 'out of ammo' error?
If I create fire bolts from a wand, why are they not equiped when I try to fire?

Vale Spiders and Scorps
Why are some considered vermin (as in Vermin Bane does extra damage) but others not?
[it is not like we have too many vermin in the game, so Vermin bane weps would be over-powered]

ie
small scorps are not but big ones are.
no spiders are vermin
rats are not vermin

Vale spiders also get the disco light above their head, same as a dancing mob, but do not dance/appear affected.

Angelus_dead
02-19-2008, 10:51 PM
Vale Spiders and Scorps
Why are some considered vermin (as in Vermin Bane does extra damage) but others not?
Because some are vermin, and others are not. The Crimson Foot tribe is a species of intelligent spider-looking creatures, who may have class levels and even cast spells. They are Magical Beasts, not Vermin.

Note that non-vermin creatures in the shape of spiders and scorpions have been part of DDO for a very long time.

small scorps are not but big ones are.
no spiders are vermin
rats are not vermin
In the terminology of D&D, the word "Vermin" actually means more like "invertebrate". Rats are not classified as vermin in this game; they're animals. (But humans are not animals, even though in real life they are)

MysticTheurge
02-19-2008, 11:22 PM
...and the change you request would be a nerf to player character abilities.

I'm curious how you see that?

The rate of crits would be the same, it would either be an all-or-nothing crit heal.

Fewer "chances" to check for a crit, but when they happen it's more healings that are affected.

(Again, it would be the same as the other spells, like fireball etc., which either crit for everyone or don't crit at all. Though, I'd wager that mass inflicts currently work the same as mass cures and should probably also be brought in line with everything else.)

Angelus_dead
02-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Again, it would be the same as the other spells, like fireball etc., which either crit for everyone or don't crit at all.
That is not how other spells work, which is why your change would be a nerf. (If you're trying to say casters are overpowered and need a nerf, that's fine, but don't call it a bug fix)

Look at Scorching Ray. Casting it once shoots 3 rays at a single target, and a normal ray is 95 damage, for 285 total damage without crits.

A typical sorc has a 18% chance of fire crits for 3x, meaning there is a 46% chance at least one of the rays will crit. With a single crit ray, the per-spell damage goes up to 475. Thus about half of Scorching Rays do 285, and half do 475+. 475 is some really solid damage. If you cast Scorching Ray twice, you'd expect to get 285+475 = 760 damage out of it, which is more than the hitpoints of a normal CR16 monster. Two casts per kill.

Under your proposal, the crit chance would apply uniformly across the whole spell, so that 82% of Scorching Rays do 285, and 18% do 855. That is overkill on a lot of monsters, so the extra damage is wasted on non-bosses. If you cast Scorching Ray twice, you'd normally get 285 + 285 = 570, which is less than the hitpoints of a normal CR16 monster. Three casts per kill.

Killing a monster with 3 casts instead of 2 casts is why your change is a nerf-request.

MysticTheurge
02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
That is not how other spells work, which is why your change would be a nerf.

Hmm, perhaps there is more of a dichotomy than I thought. It seems there are some spells (Scorching Ray, Mass Cures, I'm guessing Mass Inflicts) that act as multiple casts of single target spells. But area of effect spells, I believe (correct me if I'm wrong here) either crit or not, for all targets affected by them.

I suppose that could be a reasonable distinction to make. AoE spells (which either crit or don't) vs. Multi-target or Multi-attack spells (which can crit for any one of their 'castings'). I think I'd still make it work one way or the other, for all spells. But hey, that's what this thread is for, right? To determine whether things like these are bugs or design decisions.

Hakushi
02-20-2008, 12:07 AM
(Again, it would be the same as the other spells, like fireball etc., which either crit for everyone or don't crit at all. Though, I'd wager that mass inflicts currently work the same as mass cures and should probably also be brought in line with everything else.)

I don't see where you get this information, but mass cures work exactly like other spells, and the other spells are not crit all or non crit. Like Angelus_dead, I'll take Scorching Ray, but will come up with personnal experience from my wizard, when I cast it, I see the 3 numbers, and sometimes, one of these 3 numbers will be higher, it's a spell crit, and on one of the rays, not all. Even if it's now rarely used, the same thing happends with Magic Missile.

MysticTheurge
02-20-2008, 12:11 AM
I don't see where you get this information, but mass cures work exactly like other spells, and the other spells are not crit all or non crit.

So AoE spells can crit against one target but not against others?

lenric
02-20-2008, 04:44 AM
I think the way it works is that AOE spells are crit one crit all, i.e. blade barrier,firewall, acidfog, symbol of fire etc. Scorching ray for example is not crit one crit all because its rays are all seperate entities, and same with magic missiles. the blade barrier is counted as 1 big spell, either critting or not, while the magic missile with 3 missiles is counted like 3 magic missile spells, each with its own chance to crit. I think that the cure mass spells work like the magic missile in that it effects each person with their very own cure wounds spell, each with a chance to crit, rather than just one big aoe heal like a firewall.

EightyFour
02-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Check to see if you already ate a +2 tome for the favor. In the time you have been gone some of the favor values on the quests were adjusted. Its possible you already had 1750 favor and the adjustment lowered your actual total ???
Well I guess that's possible, I don't remember, but it's been 4 months and memories get kinda fuzzy. So I well throw in some doubt there. But I guess the other reason I'm not that mad is because I already have 3 tomes on him. I guess I'll have to pull the other one I wanted, but I still haven't got all my characters to 16 yet, so who knows, I might find one I can trade or put on. You never know. But the other reason I'm not mad is because I'm refuse to get mad, I was a big item chaser and that well drive you insane as many of the items you get are just junk, so I've stepped back and I'm going to roll it at a slower pace this time and let a lot more go.

DeadlyGazebo
02-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Speaking of uncanny dodge, is it normal that uses dont stack?
I have a barb/rogue and I'm stuck with only 2 uses per day, where a pure barb or rogue gets 5.

That's a bug, not sure when it will get fixed. You should have your rogue uses plus your barbarian uses.

DeadlyGazebo
02-20-2008, 10:14 AM
There are two things I would like to point out about my post:
1. I said possible bugs, not knowing what was intended and not intended I cannot definately state that they were in fact bugs. My personal opinion about burning blood was proven to be wrong because I did not fully understand the anatomy of Warforged (I tried to look it up, but that information isn't availible online)
2. I did not imply that anyone was at fault, though I will say, since you bring it up, it is indeed the fault of person who designed the flesh-to-stone-like effect for mislabelling the effect causing any "confusion" I may have displayed.
I'll give you a syllogism to make it simple:

A Turbine Developer is a person who designed the stone scorpian in the Rainbow in the Dark quest,
The stone scorpian's special ability is mislabelled as flesh-to-stone.
Therefore, A Turbine Developer is a person who mislabelled the stone scorpian's special ability.

Sorry, that was not supposed to sound like I was being nasty at you -- the "Not My Fault" was supposed to convey that this is one of those situations where confusion is a result of the system being complicated as much as a result of bad labeling; I can't explain what warforged are immune to in a clear way because it it fundamentally isn't very clear. They have anatomy (for burning blood), except when they don't (for flesh to stone). They're constructs (and thus are hit by anything that hits constructs), except when they aren't (because Living Construct overrides some but not all of that). They aren't people except that sometimes they are. They're shaped like everyone else so they can wear gloves (despite having only three fingers) and hats and boots, but not robes (despite the argument that you should be able to drape a robe over anything). I'm the sort of engineer who wants a nice neat rule that explains it all, and I get miffed when I have to deal with the fact that there isn't such a rule.

MysticTheurge
02-20-2008, 10:16 AM
Sorry, that was not supposed to sound like I was being nasty at you -- the "Not My Fault" was supposed to convey that this is one of those situations where confusion is a result of the system being complicated as much as a result of bad labeling; I can't explain what warforged are immune to in a clear way because it it fundamentally isn't very clear. They have anatomy (for burning blood), except when they don't (for flesh to stone). They're constructs (and thus are hit by anything that hits constructs), except when they aren't (because Living Construct overrides some but not all of that). They aren't people except that sometimes they are. They're shaped like everyone else so they can wear gloves (despite having only three fingers) and hats and boots, but not robes (despite the argument that you should be able to drape a robe over anything). I'm the sort of engineer who wants a nice neat rule that explains it all, and I get miffed when I have to deal with the fact that there isn't such a rule.

Look, it's all really simple.

Warforged are the same, but different.

:D ;)

Kargon
02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Bah are even more simple than that.

Warmaforged are walkaming Tasty Ham Warmermers.

Kaboth
02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
That's a bug, not sure when it will get fixed. You should have your rogue uses plus your barbarian uses.

GAH! I reported that bug back in beta! LOL I thought that was left as intentional after reporting it and discovering things like rogue and human boosts dont stack in seperate pools and on the same timer... My Combat rogue was originally a rogue barbarian fighter that didnt pan out as much as I thought it would...

Riggs
02-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Look, it's all really simple.

Warforged are the same, but different.

:D ;)

Some have an existential opposition, some have a balance between the two opposites.

Green Steel Warforged!

Ustice
02-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Where is it where it says that Flesh to Stone does not affect warforged? It mentions in the Eberron book that Stone to Flesh can not be used on the stone parts of them, since it does not affect creatures, but it also says that they are affected by any spell/effect that affects creatures. I have quoted below the applicable parts of the SRD and the Eberron Campaign Setting books (formatting added for clarity):

Flesh to Stone
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

As living constructs, warforged can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as those that target constructs. ... The unusual physical construction of warforged makes them vulnerable to certain spells and effects that normally don't affect living creatures. ... Spells such as stone to flesh, stone shape, warp wood, and wood shape affect objects only, and thus cannot be used on the stone and wood parts of a warforged.

As far as I can tell it should affect them. Its only when it targets one "person/humanoid" that they are not affected.

Am I missing something?

As for gloves...

Size And Magic Items

When an article of magic clothing or jewelry is discovered, most of the time size shouldn’t be an issue. Many magic garments are made to be easily adjustable, or they adjust themselves magically to the wearer. Size should not keep characters of various kinds from using magic items.

There may be rare exceptions, especially with racial specific items.

IOW: "Its magic!" :/

Riggs
02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
The no-hit-roll bug is one of the most frustrating things in the game, aside from air elementals. (Which are different than the paper rules list their abilities, which either suggests several large bugs, or design choices that make them exponentially more powerful than they are supposed to be).

It is clear, and most people I know experience the exact same things pretty much 100&#37; of the time, that there is some kind of lag in the calculation between where a monster is seen, and where it can be damaged, or where it is according to the server.
Prior to the AI change where monsters started to run away more, when they did run away you could chase behind, swing away at a -4 and eventually kill anything.

Now, after the changes, you cannot. I have chased hundreds of monsters, either ones who are chasing a caster around say, or an archer trying to run away to range (and stopping, taking a couple steps back, so that the monster stops and turns to shoot bugs me to no end - HAVING to get hit by a free attack just because of a bug is not the way it should be), and pretty much 100% of the time, if a monster is moving - you do not get to hit rolls, unless your in front of it.

I have repeatedly testing this by swinging at the back of something moving in a straight line away, and hasted or with speed I can move faster than most things. In every case, not only am I not getting rolls, but I am actually bumping into the monster and getting moved to the side slightly, or prevented from moving forward, and still not getting rolls. So...I can be physically bumping into a monster - and not physically be able to hit it. I cannot even hit it when at its side and moving forward. I have to be in its FRONT arc (one of the front 3 hexes...) THEN I start getting to hit rolls. Which is crazy.

Yet - when a monster is coming straight towards me, I have learned to swing while it is 15 feet away (roughly), and I can get hit and damage rolls. I have killed kobolds, who then land where they die, and where they land is beyond where I should have been able to swing.

Also, glancing blows hit while regular attacks do not. About a month ago I rolled a wf battle cleric (roar). Using a two handed weapon in the harbor, I was getting the exact same results over and over again. Kobolds like to jump around and attack your back (slimes apparently are tactical and also go for back atatcks as well...), and every single time a kobold would approach, I would set my feet, and start swinging once it gets into range. Typically it would move forward, then as it gets close move to the side and around to the back.

Result? Swing 1. no roll, swing 2 no roll, swing 3 - 5 points glancing blow damage, but still no roll. Only once it stops moving, do attacks actually start to generate to hit rolls. But I was constantly getting glancing blow damage even when I was not able to get to hit rolls. So PART of the weapon is passing through the monsters collision area, but the part that registers attacks is not.

Ranged combat, the few times I use it, is similar. If a monster is moving, most of the time, even if it is not moving out of a direct line, attacks do not generate to hit rolls.

This is not a isp or lag issue, it happens all the time every time. And it only started with that patch(mod 4? I forget the date, but the same time as the AI was changed). before that patch, you could hit a moving monster pretty much all the time - albeit at a -4.

In a game that is otherwise a lot of fun, when your spending most of your play time in combat, and combat is buggy - it is very frustrating.

leafman343
02-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Am I missing something?

Flesh to Stone
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The subject, along with all its carried gear, turns into a mindless, inert statue. If the statue resulting from this spell is broken or damaged, the subject (if ever returned to its original state) has similar damage or deformities. The creature is not dead, but it does not seem to be alive either when viewed with spells such as deathwatch.

Only creatures made of flesh are affected by this spell.

;)

sorry about being mean to you DeadlyGazebo, I understand what you are dealing with now and my behavior wasn't nessesary, I should have let it go

Dungnmaster001
02-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Where is it where it says that Flesh to Stone does not affect warforged? It mentions in the Eberron book that Stone to Flesh can not be used on the stone parts of them, since it does not affect creatures, but it also says that they are affected by any spell/effect that affects creatures. I have quoted below the applicable parts of the SRD and the Eberron Campaign Setting books (formatting added for clarity):

As far as I can tell it should affect them. Its only when it targets one "person/humanoid" that they are not affected.

Am I missing something?

also from the SRD on flesh to stone

Only creatures made of flesh are affected by this spell

Warforged count as living creatures but aren't made of flesh.

(edit: bah someone beat me to it.)

Ustice
02-20-2008, 12:34 PM
I guess that answers the question. And now we see clearly why Flesh to Stone doesn't affect warforged. On the other hand, Burning Blood specifically mentions that it affects living creatures, but not constructs (and other creature types that do not possess a circulatory system).

I think that this is mostly a judgment call, but since most of the living components of warforged are from Livewood (containing sap), I think that this was a good call.

Come to think of it though, shouldn't warforged be considered plant creatures too? Horrid Wilting should affect them greatly since they are mostly live vegetable matter.

MysticTheurge
02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
On the other hand, Burning Blood specifically mentions that it affects living creatures, but not constructs...

And the warforged write up specifically states that warforged are affected by all spells and effects that work on either constructs or living creatures.

That is, spells that work on living creatures but not constructs, work on warforged and spells that work on constructs but not living creatures also work on warforged.

And no. "Plant" is a Type. Warforged are not of the Plant Type, they are of the Construct Type.

Silthe
02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
This is a great idea or a thread! I wonder where you got it from?

Hint: http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1561594&postcount=85 :)

I doubt you made this thread because of little ol me but it's nice to have this place for some of your most helpful gamers (not me, but there are some awesome gamers that really contribute around here).

This was actually an idea I got about a month back and started discussing with Quarion and Tolero. I need to clarify though that the Lodge isn't for reporting bugs. I don't want to hear about a bug for the first time in this thread. It really needs to be reported through the in-game bug reporting tool (which is gotten to by clicking on the big '?' icon on the menu bar - NOT '/bug').

The Lodge is about getting you more of that communication you mentioned. Once the bug is reported, our QA team investigates it and if found valid sends it to the devs. Sometimes it take a while for the devs to fix it either because it's lower priority than other things that need doing and sometimes it's because the fix is very complicated and just takes time to implement and test. This thread is for asking about those bugs you've reported a month or more back and haven't seen any word that they're being addressed.

This thread was named the Bug Hunter Lodge because I want everyone to think of it as a place to hang out and gossip about bugs they've caught, the bugs that got away and the Great White Bug that's still out there but no one's been able to capture yet. This is the one place me and members of my team (and the devs for that matter) can come and hear about the bugs everyone is talking about.

And if there are issues that we're having trouble analyzing, we'll start new threads (such as the Ladder Bug thread) to collect information.

And yes, I'm still only on page 5.

~Silthe

Beherit_Baphomar
02-20-2008, 02:41 PM
Or how about the pub bug?

The one where you cant buy anything unless you go to the Sell page first?

I dont even bother trying to buy right off now, I automatically click "Lemme see your wares" then click
"Sell" then back to "Buy".

I have another one that irks me every night, but for the life of me I cant remember it.

Ustice
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Silthe, what about setting up a bug repository that we could use, like Bugzilla, where all of the bugs would have their status tracked, and we can comment if necessary to provide more information? I think that ultimately that would be the most helpful. I know that it might sound scary to the marketing people putting the bugs out where everyone can see them, but I think that most players of MMO's know that these games are VERY complex, and there ARE going to be bugs in the system. The key is communication, and I think that a bug repository would really be a selling point for some since it would show your commitment to squashing every single one of the buggers. Obviously there would still have to be some that would not appear on there if they are of a sensitive nature but that can be accomplished with a permissions scheme.

So, once we submit a bug, and it is added to the tracker, we could get an email with a link to the bug on the tracker, or if is already exists a link to the bug tracking system to (maybe to the specific bug if known) where we can see its status. Status could be anything from "Trivial issue affecting rare instances. Not worth the resources fixing at this time." to "Major issue. The fix is scheduled for a hot fix."

It could also reduce your work load as we could check to see if the bug that we are experiencing exists, and if so add our instance to the list. Also, I am sure that there are some people that play that would be happy to research issues and report findings.

Benifits:

Reduced communication latency on unsatisfactory customer experiences
Less time wasted on sorting incoming customer data
More time available for verifying customer data and researching the cause or affected system
Wider datapool
Improved customer satisfaction
Free additional QA team from volunteers

Bugzilla would be easy to install (and there are others) or maybe you could use/slighty modify the one that you use now.

Ustice
02-20-2008, 04:15 PM
And the warforged write up specifically states that warforged are affected by all spells and effects that work on either constructs or living creatures.

That is, spells that work on living creatures but not constructs, work on warforged and spells that work on constructs but not living creatures also work on warforged.

And no. "Plant" is a Type. Warforged are not of the Plant Type, they are of the Construct Type.

That spell does say that it specifically does not work on constructs, but I agree. Good call.

Oh, and they are of the Living Construct Type. ;) I was just suggesting that they could/should have been categorized as part of a Construct Plant Type. After all, you can have Undead Constructs (Flesh Golems), I think that you could technically have an Undead Plant type (strange, sure). One can easily envision a Plant Aberration (Audry II might be one). So why not?

[Edit]
Hmm... On second glance, I don't think that there are creatures with two primary types. Just primary and subtypes. I would argue that there should be no distinction between types and subtypes. Just templates.
[\Edit]

But I guess this is WAY off-topic.

MysticTheurge
02-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Oh, and they are of the Living Construct Type. ;) I was just suggesting that they could/should have been categorized as part of a Construct Plant Type. After all, you can have Undead Constructs (Flesh Golems), I think that you could technically have an Undead Plant type (strange, sure). One can easily envision a Plant Aberration (Audry II might be one). So why not?

They're Construct Type, Living Construct is a subtype.

And no. Flesh Golems are Constructs and are not, in any way, undead.

(There are no beings in D&D that have more than one Type, it's contrary to the definition of what Type is.)

jkm
02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
unyielding sovereignty timer is unaffected by logging out overnight. this means that if you log for X number of hours (in this case 36, blasted flu) 1 minute after using the ability, when you log back on you have 8:xx minutes left on the timer. this timer is also not reset by tavern regeneration so healing compatriots in a tavern causes you to wait the full 10 minutes.

Kargon
02-21-2008, 01:41 AM
Two bugs.

1. Kargon typed out this long bug into the bug option ingame and got 'In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.' and it looks like it didnt take kargon bug, which are why kargon posting it here instead of actuamal ingame reportermer.

2. HOLY CRUD KARGON HAMMER TRYING TO KILL KARGON!!!! Kargon put 30&#37; healing amplification as third tier upgrade to a warhammer (positive/material/dominion tier 1 (holy), positive/material/dominion tier 2 (goodburst), positive/material/opposition tier 3 (30% healing amplification). now whenever kargon get healed, all heals do DAMAGE TO KARGON. this includes TAVERN FOOD, SELF HEALS, WAND HEALS, PLAYER HEALS, NPC TAVERN CLERIMIC HEALS, TOWN REGEN, and probamally anymathing else that heals. kargons combat log looks like:

(Combat): You suffer 4 points of damage from Cure Moderate Wounds.
(Combat): You attempt to save versus cure moderate wounds. You roll a 12 (+11): save!
(Combat): You make a Concentration skill check. You roll a 16 (+8): success!

every time kargon tries to heal self on silly ranger.

one side note: ranger are human and has all 3 human healing amplification enhances too (+30%), kargon was hoping they would stack, maybe they cause some side effect together or effect just bugged.

second side note:

kargon killed kargon self 4 times before figure out what the hell happenaming, thought madstone rage was crashing or somemathing.

Dungnmaster001
02-21-2008, 01:54 AM
2. HOLY CRUD KARGON HAMMER TRYING TO KILL KARGON!!!! Kargon put 30% healing amplification as third tier upgrade to a warhammer (positive/material/dominion tier 1 (holy), positive/material/dominion tier 2 (goodburst), positive/material/opposition tier 3 (30% healing amplification). now whenever kargon get healed, all heals do DAMAGE TO KARGON. this includes TAVERN FOOD, SELF HEALS, WAND HEALS, PLAYER HEALS, NPC TAVERN CLERIMIC HEALS, TOWN REGEN, and probamally anymathing else that heals. kargons combat log looks like:

(Combat): You attempt to save versus cure moderate wounds. You roll a 12 (+11): save!

every time kargon tries to heal self on silly ranger.

one side note: ranger are human and has all 3 human healing amplification enhances too (+30%), kargon was hoping they would stack, maybe they cause some side effect together or effect just bugged.

second side note:

kargon killed kargon self 4 times before figure out what the hell happenaming, thought madstone rage was crashing or somemathing.

Ouch, now that is one messed up bug.

lopter
02-21-2008, 03:53 AM
@ Kargon

AHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

funniest bug yet I cant stop laughing after reading the first line

MysticTheurge
02-21-2008, 07:46 AM
HOLY CRUD KARGON HAMMER TRYING TO KILL KARGON!!!!

Hehe.

JayDubya
02-21-2008, 08:47 AM
2. HOLY CRUD KARGON HAMMER TRYING TO KILL KARGON!!!! Kargon put 30% healing amplification as third tier upgrade to a warhammer (positive/material/dominion tier 1 (holy), positive/material/dominion tier 2 (goodburst), positive/material/opposition tier 3 (30% healing amplification). now whenever kargon get healed, all heals do DAMAGE TO KARGON. this includes TAVERN FOOD, SELF HEALS, WAND HEALS, PLAYER HEALS, NPC TAVERN CLERIMIC HEALS, TOWN REGEN, and probamally

Reckognizing that this will probably cost money, you should see if it's the combo of 30% here and 30% there that is causing the problem. Suggestion:
1. Respecc your enhancements, get rid of all of them
2. Check to see if Kargon's silly ranger still takes damamage from Hammer with no human healing bonus
3. Add 10% bonus
4. Check again
5. Add 20% bonus
6. Check again
7. Add back your 30% bonus
8. Check one last time to confirm the problem.
9. Report your findamanings here

etc. If I were a developer on this product, this would give me solid insight into whether this was a stacking issue, or something wrong with the hammer itself.

BlueLightBandit
02-21-2008, 09:09 AM

Kargon through his infinite wisdom and ceaseless toil to become all powerful... has now become a lich.

Greeeeeaaaat.

moorewr
02-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Kargon through his infinite wisdom and ceaseless toil to become all powerful... has now become a lich.

Greeeeeaaaat.

Next, he will attempt to become a god.. and build a maze based on classic video games.. and encase you in ham if you don't finish all the puzzles at the same time...

Ustice
02-21-2008, 09:51 AM
They're Construct Type, Living Construct is a subtype.

And no. Flesh Golems are Constructs and are not, in any way, undead.

(There are no beings in D&D that have more than one Type, it's contrary to the definition of what Type is.)

Man, I can't get you ever. :) I did realize that after, and I thought that I corrected it in an edit.

Silthe
02-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Reckognizing that this will probably cost money, you should see if it's the combo of 30% here and 30% there that is causing the problem. Suggestion:
1. Respecc your enhancements, get rid of all of them
2. Check to see if Kargon's silly ranger still takes damamage from Hammer with no human healing bonus
3. Add 10% bonus
4. Check again
5. Add 20% bonus
6. Check again
7. Add back your 30% bonus
8. Check one last time to confirm the problem.
9. Report your findamanings here

etc. If I were a developer on this product, this would give me solid insight into whether this was a stacking issue, or something wrong with the hammer itself.

Oh PLEASE NO. This will bankrupt poor Kargon!

More importantly, we know what this bug is and it will be fixed in the next update. It's all about the power of a misplaced negative sign in the data tables. In the meantime, Kargon should avoid any sort of healing while weilding his hammer.

~Silthe

Cahira
02-21-2008, 10:37 AM
From discussion in another thread...

Is it intentional or a bug that the bard song Fascinate does not work on any named bosses (orange names, red names, purple names). I figure that it shouldn't work on reds and purples since it's a crowd control effect. But should it be working on those orange-named mini-bosses? All other crowd control does.

Kargon
02-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh PLEASE NO. This will bankrupt poor Kargon!

More importantly, we know what this bug is and it will be fixed in the next update. It's all about the power of a misplaced negative sign in the data tables. In the meantime, Kargon should avoid any sort of healing while weilding his hammer.

~Silthe

but kargon LIKE pain :D

Dane_McArdy
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
but kargon LIKE pain :D

Oh well, come on over, and I will sing for you. That should give you your fill of pain.

The_Phenx
02-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Some bugs are fun... and I'll never tell how I can take a nap in mid air after hanging off a cliff... my secret :D

Cahira
02-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Another "is it a bug?" question:

Should you be able to range the stone scorpions in Rainbow in the Dark before they activate? I was shooting at something else the other day (and using the stone scorps as a shield), and I realized that I was actually shooting the scorps and not my intended target.

Darth_Sizzle
02-21-2008, 11:31 AM
...now whenever kargon get healed, all heals do DAMAGE TO KARGON. this includes TAVERN FOOD, SELF HEALS, WAND HEALS, PLAYER HEALS, NPC TAVERN CLERIMIC HEALS, TOWN REGEN, and probamally anymathing else that heals. kargons combat log looks like:

every time kargon tries to heal self on silly ranger...

Guess we'll just have to cast Harm to heal you :) (have you tried this? It would be way funny if it worked)

Freeman
02-21-2008, 11:39 AM
From discussion in another thread...

Is it intentional or a bug that the bard song Fascinate does not work on any named bosses (orange names, red names, purple names). I figure that it shouldn't work on reds and purples since it's a crowd control effect. But should it be working on those orange-named mini-bosses? All other crowd control does.

I'd be curious to know why orange names are immune as well. Holds, insta-kill spells, flesh-to-stone, everything else I can think of works.

TreknaQudane
02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Virtuoso's Enthrallment doesn't allow a bard to Suggest (song) a creature like Fascinate does

Angelus_dead
02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I'd be curious to know why orange names are immune as well. Holds, insta-kill spells, flesh-to-stone, everything else I can think of works.
No, there is a big category of CC effects to which orange-names are immune. Furthermore, there are two categories of orange names, some of whom have more immunities. Try charming them, for example- that'll often fail.

cdbd3rd
02-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Guess we'll just have to cast Harm to heal you :) (have you tried this? It would be way funny if it worked)

/Hopes it's tried before it gets fixed.

Some oopsies are just too funny, like the infamous Halls of Unending Oozes...

...well, for those of us not experiencing it, at least. :rolleyes::p

MysticTheurge
02-21-2008, 02:39 PM
/Hopes it's tried before it gets fixed.

Some oopsies are just too funny, like the infamous Halls of Unending Oozes...

...well, for those of us not experiencing it, at least. :rolleyes::p

I dunno, I was playing a newbie character and we were doing Rare Scrolls and there happened to be three wizards in the group and each had summoned a Celestial Dog, and those dogs started going at that violet slime and it just went crazy. It was actually kind of fun to see if I could get out to the entrance before the quest filled up with slime. It was jerky and slow going at the end, but I made it out.

Shiranai
02-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Last night while running through the vale on Severyn (1 ranger - 15 wizard) I had 4 levels drained by one of the knolls, which took my hitpoints from 187 max down to approx 122 max (cant remeber exact number) so i recalled to Meridia to get the levels back while i was standing in the tavern I thought hmmm that seems a little excessive to almost lose a third of my hit points for only losing 4 leves :(

So i started trying to work out what was going on, being as i took ranger at 1st level and the last 15 levels as Wizard i would expect that if I lost 4 levels I should lose 4 + con bonus + toughness bonus hitpoints per level drained...

Since my con is 16 giving +3 and i have taken the toughness feat once + am wearing the helm from the orchard giving me an extra toughness feat giving a toughness bonus of +2, which would give me a total of 9hp loss per level I figured something weird is going on...

by this time i had regained 3 levels so was only 1 level down and missing 19 hitpoints I am trying to work out where the other 10 hit points came from per level that i had lost from being drained ?

So is this working as designed ? Do we lose a set amount of hitpoints per level drained or is there something weird going on with my chracter because he has 1 level of ranger ? Or is something else going on here ?

I've always wondered why beholders, etc draining a couple of levels seemed to make me die rather fast :)

Ok...I took a look at this and came up with a pretty close number for why you had more HP gone than you thought.

When you gain a level, you get 1dX HP. Your displayed HP is based on 16dX + (con bonus * 16) + (toughness * 16).

What you are seeing is that you lost exactly ((187/16) + 2 + 3) * 4 or approx 17 per level. 17 * 4 = 68 . 122 + 68 = 190 (counting on rounding, I can see where that would be what you saw).

Make sense?

Mad_Bombardier
02-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Ok...I took a look at this and came up with a pretty close number for why you had more HP gone than you thought.

<buncha math> Make sense?It's not that complicated. Negative levels drain your HP and SP by 10% of current. Four negative levels = max *.9 *.9 *.9 *.9 or 65.6% max. In the quoted case, 187 * .656 = 122 HP.

It's a total bear, but working as intended.

Shiranai
02-21-2008, 05:07 PM
It's not that complicated. Negative levels drain your HP and SP by 10% of current. Four negative levels = max *.9 *.9 *.9 *.9 or 65.6% max. In the quoted case, 187 * .656 = 122 HP.

It's a total bear, but working as intended.

I stand corrected. And yes...yer math is better than mine. lol.

Most of the math I do in the game is : is 5 + 25 > 20 (roll to hit etc...). :-)

Freeman
02-21-2008, 05:32 PM
No, there is a big category of CC effects to which orange-names are immune. Furthermore, there are two categories of orange names, some of whom have more immunities. Try charming them, for example- that'll often fail.

Often failing isn't the same as being immune. I've seen orange-named mobs charmed a couple of times, usually when someone hits a button by accident. I'm not sure what other spells they are immune to, but it obviously isn't a big category. I've seen orange named mobs danced, held, and charmed personally, just from my own spells. I can't recall off the top of my head if Hypnotism works, but I seem to recall it being effective. Fear is another one that I'm not sure of, so maybe someone else can answer that one. I've never seen anyone try Daze or Sleep(On anything, let alone orange names), so I have no idea on those either. So, what spells are they actually immune to?

Sevann
02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
I thought orange just meant "tougher than normal. might actually use meta magics and other special abilities. ( along with more HPs SPs higher BAB and saves).
Then again I play 3 warriors and a rogue. So Orange or Red. They both mean "tougher than normal".

ArkoHighStar
02-22-2008, 12:21 AM
Anyone else getting the death penalty sticking after the timer runs out, wouldn't go away even in a tavern. The timer goes away but theskull stays and the penalty remains, logging out and back in seems to fix it.

Pacosani
02-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Eles bug when after they earth grab a creature and the creatrue is killed before the eles earth grab has completed. This bug I know to be true on the clickie given for acid x2 upgrades from the shroud and from scrolls.

Missing_Minds
02-22-2008, 12:43 AM
We were told we could go back and re craft a tier. The tier we were on.

Example. we have our blank and stick a tier one power on it.

Later we decide it is better to change that tier one power. So we spend a lot of time and effort to re get all that level one ingrediants (because there is only one freaking chest)

and boom... it fails and the energy cell is eaten.

So.. Is this going to get fixed or are you going to make it stop eating the energy cells?

Pecky
02-22-2008, 03:43 AM
When someone on your friends list logs in, the comments for that person disappear. When they log out, the comments are still gone.

This can be fixed by logging out/in again so as to refresh your friends list.

Not a major issue but I use my friends list more as an "Idiot" list than a friends list. I know who my friends are. Most are in the same guild with me, so I add those people I don't want to group with to my friends list. That way I can see if someone is in an LFM that I don't want to group with since my memory isn't interested in remembering all that these days.

Unfortunately once they log on, the comment is replaced and I have no idea who or what they did.

MrWizard
02-22-2008, 07:59 AM
My picture wasn't even that wide!!

(It doesn't break my page at 1280x1024, your resolution must be too small. :p)

I have large resolution but never 'wide screen' my browser. Usually I am doing other stuff and need to use the 'windows' aspect and keep most things around 800 wide. I just have to widen it to read the screens in phot threads, no biggie.

Sometimes I have the browser at about 400 wide too. WHy? Great way to read a webpage and cut off all those animated advertisements. I mean, nothing is easier to read when moving objects are bouncing around the text..lol

MrWizard
02-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Bugs/issues that bother me..

Earth elementals grabbing seemingly forever, no matter how far you run away from them in a dungeon.
Spells cast but nothing happened except loss of mana, even in non combat situations.
Irrestible dance should work if you are next to something regardless of facing since it is a touch spell and not a 'facing spell'. If I am next to something and it rolls around me to the rgiht, and I am right handed, it would actually be easier to touch. Why would facing have anything to do with something that is actually touching me?

drinking pots while moving in anyway sometimes just does not work. if falling they work, if stopped they work, if moving..well, sometimes they do, sometimes they do not. The timer goes off, but no heal.

Skye
02-22-2008, 10:30 AM
During battle when using a repeater the repeater will always fire one bolt after reload if the button was clicked too many times prior to the reload. The reload animation should stop the firing sequence, shouldn't it? If not why only 1 bolt and not all of them that were clicked?

Mad_Bombardier
02-22-2008, 11:22 AM
We were told we could go back and re craft a tier. The tier we were on.We were? :confused: Can you link please?

Tyrande
02-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Devs, is this a bug or feature:

I have found 5 shards of great power from a possibility of 6 chests in phase 2 and phase 3 while
have not found any shard of power in first phase.

Is this intended?

It seems that the shard of power is rarer than the shard of great power because there are only two chests in phase one.

neilkjos
02-23-2008, 02:08 PM
If it hasn't been said before:

Ladder descent...you just fall off. There are many ladders in the game, which you cannot climb down, you just fall. It happened last night in the Prisoner.

Silthe
02-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Got a few quick answers while I'm waiting for the team to finish testing today:

- "First I apologize for the lack of details, but in the second part of deleras, you are not able to complete all the optionals regarding the Omera (sp?) guardians, as when you step on the two pedastals the underwater gate does not open as it should."

Actually, this worked fine for me a few days ago on live. Checking the records, this seems to have been fixed in Mod 6. The problem may be that the pedastals open alternating gates. It's a little more of a puzzle than just two people standing on the pressure plates.

- "[Bug] Several Ingredients state "Describe Me" (or something very close) when examined."

Um, yeah. They do. Thanks for noticing.

- "Unable to select items to buy from tavern keepers until switching to another tab (sell) and back again."

Ok, this is a nasty one since no one here at Turbine has been able to reproduce this. I've been at friends' houses and watched them stuck like this, so I believe each and every one of you. Problem is, we have no idea what causes this. It's on our list, but any information people have on what they were doing right before this would help out a lot.

- "Also, it seems like higher level spells get dispelled first. Is that correct? I know that I had jump and elemental resists when I was getting dispelled...and consistently, I'd lose Greater Heroism and Freedom of Movement each time. There was a 2 DC difference between the caster who did jump and the resists and the caster who did the other two (the lower caster DC was for the GH and FoM...but they are more than 2 lvls higher than jump...so it should still have been a lower DC than the other two)."

It's how Dispel Magic works in the pen and paper game. You start with the highest caster level spell, and make the dispel roll against it. If that fails, you move on to the next one, so on and so on until you succeed on dispelling one or run out of spells to target. I believe all of our dispelling effects model themselves after that behavoir.

- "The random teleporting quest in the Necropolis bugs out frequently when you zone out (and in?) to a water area. Your body disappears and only leaving the zone (sometimes several times) gets your body back. Looks like a FPS view."

Yeah, this should be fixed in 6.1.

- "Some of the "Tomb of the Shadow _____" are listed in my quest Journal under Necropolis and some are listed under Orchard of the Macabre.
It seems as though it may vary from person to person as someone else in my group was acting as though all of his were under the Orchard."

They show up in your Quest Journal wherever your character got the quest. This produced an unexpected issue when we added the Orchard of the Macabre to the game and moved some of the quests under that heading. Basically, anyone getting the quest now will see it under the Orchard, but anyone who got it before Mod 5 will see it listed under the Necopolis. If it bothers you a lot, I believe you can just abandon the quest and get it again under the Orchard heading.

- "Should you be able to range the stone scorpions in Rainbow in the Dark before they activate? I was shooting at something else the other day (and using the stone scorps as a shield), and I realized that I was actually shooting the scorps and not my intended target."

No.

That's it for now. Thanks for posting.

~Silthe

Cidolfas
02-23-2008, 07:30 PM
The Blue Valkyre shield from the first part of the shroud is supposed to -and does - give Fighter Armor Mastery II. On my 16 Paladin, when I equip the shield is doesn't raise my max dex for my armor by 2. In my enhancements, Fighter Armor Mastery II shows up but it has a prereq, Fighter Armor Mastery I, listed in red. Is this item supposed to only give the second tier and remain inactive without the first tier, or is this an oversight? I'd try the same thing with Daggertooth's Belt, but alas I do not have one to try.

Shana
02-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Got a few quick answers while I'm waiting for the team to finish testing today:

- "Also, it seems like higher level spells get dispelled first. Is that correct? I know that I had jump and elemental resists when I was getting dispelled...and consistently, I'd lose Greater Heroism and Freedom of Movement each time. There was a 2 DC difference between the caster who did jump and the resists and the caster who did the other two (the lower caster DC was for the GH and FoM...but they are more than 2 lvls higher than jump...so it should still have been a lower DC than the other two)."

It's how Dispel Magic works in the pen and paper game. You start with the highest caster level spell, and make the dispel roll against it. If that fails, you move on to the next one, so on and so on until you succeed on dispelling one or run out of spells to target. I believe all of our dispelling effects model themselves after that behavoir.

~Silthe

That's only partially correct. In PnP you have two options on a dispel magic - AOE or targeted dispel.

For a targeted dispel against a creature (which is what we get in DDO), you make a dispel check against each ongoing spell on the target creature.

For an AOE dispel, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level and if it fails, you go to the next highest caster level spell until you pass one. Note that the spells are targeted by caster level and not spell level.

Given that we only have targeted dispel, each spell on you from the same level caster should have an equal chance at being dispelled.

Here's the SRD link: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/dispelMagic.htm

WeaselKing
02-23-2008, 09:17 PM
- "Unable to select items to buy from tavern keepers until switching to another tab (sell) and back again."

Ok, this is a nasty one since no one here at Turbine has been able to reproduce this. I've been at friends' houses and watched them stuck like this, so I believe each and every one of you. Problem is, we have no idea what causes this. It's on our list, but any information people have on what they were doing right before this would help out a lot.

~Silthe

This occurs to me if I have run out of my tavern food (or drink) the previous time I played. (So play, use last energy tonic, log out, log back in later, play, go to tavern, discover am out of tonic, try to buy tonic, can't buy tonic).

Of course this could be happening at other times too but I don't buy anything from a bartender if I don't need it. (ps all my alts use either food OR drink never both cause all my casters self heal).

MysticTheurge
02-23-2008, 09:28 PM
- "Some of the "Tomb of the Shadow _____" are listed in my quest Journal under Necropolis and some are listed under Orchard of the Macabre.
It seems as though it may vary from person to person as someone else in my group was acting as though all of his were under the Orchard."

They show up in your Quest Journal wherever your character got the quest. This produced an unexpected issue when we added the Orchard of the Macabre to the game and moved some of the quests under that heading. Basically, anyone getting the quest now will see it under the Orchard, but anyone who got it before Mod 5 will see it listed under the Necopolis. If it bothers you a lot, I believe you can just abandon the quest and get it again under the Orchard heading.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Boulderun
02-23-2008, 10:02 PM
The Blue Valkyre shield from the first part of the shroud is supposed to -and does - give Fighter Armor Mastery II. On my 16 Paladin, when I equip the shield is doesn't raise my max dex for my armor by 2. In my enhancements, Fighter Armor Mastery II shows up but it has a prereq, Fighter Armor Mastery I, listed in red. Is this item supposed to only give the second tier and remain inactive without the first tier, or is this an oversight? I'd try the same thing with Daggertooth's Belt, but alas I do not have one to try.

I've only looked at the shield once (when I lost the mad dash for the greataxe), but as I recall it's a tower shield. The shield's max dex may be rendering the armor mastery effect irrelevant if somebody overlooked that number.

kailus
02-23-2008, 10:10 PM

I've seen this bug many times, and until recently it use to only occur on my 2nd death. 2nd death of the night, not necessarily 2nd death of any quest in a row. So, it's not "walk into a tavern, can't buy." It's "res in a tavern, can't buy". As of recently, it happens nearly every time to me now. So, seeing it has happened from multiple quests and increasing I cannot specify any specific actions ahead of time, other than "RES IN TAVERN". My next actions area always buy or try to buy something and cannot without attempting to sell first. It's been around for a very long time.

Kailus

MysticTheurge
02-23-2008, 10:30 PM
So, it's not "walk into a tavern, can't buy." It's "res in a tavern, can't buy".

This would explain why so many more people are noticing it with Mod 6. And why I've only ever really noticed it in Meridia.

And perhaps even why the Devs can't get it to reproduce on site (since one assumes they have other methods of teleporting to meridia. :p)

SilverSong
02-24-2008, 02:22 AM
This would explain why so many more people are noticing it with Mod 6. And why I've only ever really noticed it in Meridia.

And perhaps even why the Devs can't get it to reproduce on site (since one assumes they have other methods of teleporting to meridia. :p)

This was happening back a ways, they fixed it for a while. I started noticing it happen more and more often after Mod 5 came out, and since Mod 6 came out it happens all the time. Not always have I died just before needing drink/food either.

kruggar
02-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Targeted Dispel
One object, creature, or spell is the target of the dispel magic spell. You make a dispel check (1d20 + your caster level, maximum +10) against the spell or against each ongoing spell currently in effect on the object or creature. The DC for this dispel check is 11 + the spell’s caster level. If you succeed on a particular check, that spell is dispelled; if you fail, that spell remains in effect.

Mad_Bombardier
02-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Targeted Dispel
One object, creature, or spell is the target of the dispel magic spell. You make a dispel check (1d20 + your caster level, maximum +10) against the spell or against each ongoing spell currently in effect on the object or creature. The DC for this dispel check is 11 + the spell’s caster level. If you succeed on a particular check, that spell is dispelled; if you fail, that spell remains in effect.Right, Targeted Dispel is against every spell on a single creature. Area Dispel starts with the highest level spell on each creature and continues a single spell is debuffed for each creature (or until the Dispel check has failed against every buff spell).

Area Dispel
When dispel magic is used in this way, the spell affects everything within a 20-foot radius.

For each creature within the area that is the subject of one or more spells, you make a dispel check against the spell with the highest caster level. If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell (which discharges the dispel magic spell so far as that target is concerned) or until you fail all your checks. The creature’s magic items are not affected.Since our Dispel Magic and Greater Dispel Magic are targetted only, it makes sense that every buff we have has a chance to be dispelled. And because it's caster level, not spell level for the check, all of our buffs have equal chance of being dispelled. But, if an enemy was to cast Break Enchantment (DDO's effective Area Dispel), then it should stop after dispelling a single spell on each creature. (Hard to check that one as I cannot think of any enemy spell casters with Break Enchantment.)

Boulderun
02-24-2008, 09:20 AM
There are area dispels implemented, we just don't have access to them. Velah's breath and the faces in Shroud 3 dispel one effect at a time, for instance.

Mad_Bombardier
02-24-2008, 09:26 AM
There are area dispels implemented, we just don't have access to them. Velah's breath and the faces in Shroud 3 dispel one effect at a time, for instance.I'ts been a while since I was in there, but I remember Velah's breath taking out half my buff bar. Not sure that's a good example of a properly working area dispel. Good note about the runes in the Subjugation puzzle. :)

Boulderun
02-24-2008, 09:38 AM
"Not working properly" is always a safe assumption in DDO, of course. She may hit you with it twice though, once on each pass of her explosive indigestion.

The dispelling faces are up on the corners. They light up when people are around. The ones with the circles just hit you with horrid wilting; the others spam area dispel. It's possible there's some way to sneak past them, but it's not really worth the time.

Shade
02-24-2008, 02:29 PM

I really wish dispell magic worked like that.. But it doesn't. The way its currently implemented seems really overpowered to me.. It is not trying to dispell just 1 effect - but every single one you have on. I've cast 30 buffs on my lvl16 sorcerer and did a quest on normal - coalensce chamber, and after fighting 1 caster troglodyte, a single greater dispell knocked out 15 of my buffs.. Thats a bit crazy considering they spawm the spell non stop (unless there spaming somehting else) forever and never run out of mana. And the fact that quest has 600+ monsters, with at least 100 of em being the troglodyte casters.. They must have a caster level of 20+ or something crazy.. Perhaps limit there caster level, or limit them to regular dispell magic as well for normal.. For elite they could stay the same.

It would be awesome if you could get the spell chagned to work how you described.. That sounds more like the AOE version of dispell for PnP, so it could be made aoe as well, 1 dispell per effected creature/party member... And for players maybe give both versions since players very rarely use it anyways, targetted and aoe, in a pop up menu similar to delayed blast fireball.

Hakushi
02-24-2008, 04:27 PM

Why these quests appears in the Orchard when the questgivers are obviously in the Necropolis and not in the Orchard. Thes are the only quests in the gave that are place erroneously, and it seems it was made that way, but it's hard to believe. None of the questgivers are in the Orchard, not even the quests. It was fun to see new players go outside the Orchard to try finding the quest because it was in the Orchard with their Slayers and stuff. I just think quests given in the Necropolis should be in the Necropolis, not in another area.

Korvek
02-24-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm not entirely sure if this was mentioned already or not, but I was running around in Cerulean Hills with my level 4 paladin when I noticed that the orc rangers literally did nothing.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh127/Thanquiol/ScreenShot00042.jpg

They just stood there while I attacked them, not running either. Nothing else out there was bugged as far as I could tell

NXPlasmid
02-24-2008, 06:49 PM
A group of us were doing VON6 and after the pillars were destroyed we were assembling to kill the dragon using I think what is called the "hero method". Well, someone got too close to the dragon and got the aggro from it and a couple people got knocked off the platform and we were getting attacked by the dragon Pretty much about half the group decided to leave without finishing. I assume they felt it wasn't possible at that point. So after a minute or so as people were leaving the instance about 6 of us were left and I am not sure of the timing but the dragon stopped attacking. After that we were able to walk up and hack away at it without any aggo. We have no idea why but some of us suggested that the person who had the aggro was either knocked off or left the party and after that the dragon was bugged. Well, we killed it without incident but when we went to loot the chests, the small chest had stuff for all the party members but the main raid chest was empty for everyone. My gut feeling is that this was an unusual combination of events that bugged the raid loot generator and may never happen again, but I think there is value in documenting it just in case it happens again or something similar occurs. I also filed a bug ticket at the time.

Missing_Minds
02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
YOU CAN'T SEE THE FREAKING DICE COLOR OPTION YOU CHOOSE.

yes, all caps in hopes that maybe it will finally be seen. While sure, probably low on the bug fix list of importance, but anything this glaring should be fixed.

TechNoFear
02-24-2008, 08:23 PM

~Silthe

I get this 'feature' most times I visit a tavern, to the point where I always click 'Sell' then back to 'Buy'.

Looked to me like the focus was not set to the correct tab (or the set focus had failed or been lost).

Could this be due to latency? Specifically lag in adding items to the lists (drawn from characters inventory and filtered for lock takes time), so items are added after the call to set focus (leaving no tab with focus).

Still not a big problem and easy to work around.

MysticTheurge
02-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm not entirely sure if this was mentioned already or not, but I was running around in Cerulean Hills with my level 4 paladin when I noticed that the orc rangers literally did nothing.

They just stood there while I attacked them, not running either. Nothing else out there was bugged as far as I could tell

I just experienced this as well. It was rather odd.

They would run away when my charmed Orc Cleric cast fear on them, but then they'd just stand there again.

ateknogod
02-25-2008, 04:20 AM
i have a set of gloves that i have upgraded twice using regeneration both times. however, this item has no effect on my warforged fighter i made it for. is this working as you guys intended? i would think it worked like the jungle cloak, pouch of jerky, battle coin, or even a candy cane. those items 'heal', not cure/repair. if we are truly crafting our own raid loot, it is very dissappointing that my wf ftr cant craft himself a regeneration item that works on him. i have filed a bug report on this, but got no response (of course). i am ready to do my 3rd upgrade, but i want to find out if this is being fixed, is going to be fixed, or is working as intended. large ingredients are tough to come by, and i would be really upset to waste them on an item that will never benefit me.

TKnor
02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I've actually come across two bugs (that may have already been reported here), but I wasn't able to submit a bug report on them because the bug reporting tool is bugged!

A few bugs with the bug report tool:
Most important: I was unable to submit actual bug reports. Clicking the submit button appeared to do nothing at all. I left the help window open a few minutes and tried again, but it still didn't appear to do anything.

I eventually had to abandon my bug report as you can't move DDO UI windows outside the viewport (like you can with Microsoft Windows windows) and have since forgotten what bugs I was trying to report.

My system is running the latest, patched-up version of Internet Explorer, but my default browser is Mozilla Firefox (v.2.0.0.10, I think) and I'm logged in as a limited access user using Windows XP Professional with all the latest patches and service packs.
Copy and paste from in-game chat to the bug reporting tool is not working. My guess is that this is due to the DDO client processing Windows messages for the DDO UI, but not passing these messages on to the in-game Internet Explorer window that is used to the display the bug report submission web page. I can copy text from in-game chat back to in-game chat, so I'm assuming this is the case.

This bug also affects the trouble ticket page and I imagine affects ANY of the webpages displayed within this in-game Internet Explorer window. Being able to cut and paste would be a HUGE benefit if it can be fixed; Several times in recent weeks, I've had to simply put "spam from mmobay.com" or "spam from rmt4game.com" as the ticket description because I can't copy and paste the content of spam-tells and there's no way I'm hand typing the content of a spam back into the ticket interface.
Of lesser significance is the server dropdown list not autoselecting the server you are on.
Also of lesser significance is the player character class dropdown list not autoselecting the highest ranked class the player character has (like a 12 barbarian/2 rogue being called a barbarian in certain description displays)Most importantly, though, the problem with submitting bugs entirely is a big issue. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or has reported it here already (searched for "bug report" within the content of the first three pages of this thread and didn't find anything relating to this issue). Copy & paste would be a benefit, but is not nearly as breaking.

-T'knor!

TKnor
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM

I've also run into this myself. Except, switching to another tab, then back to the buy tab to add things to my "cart" still didn't work. The only sure-fire solution I've found for this is a complete restart of the DDO client as even a short log-out/log-in cycle doesn't solve the problem (though it might if I logged out for 5 minutes, then came back in, but I've never been that patient. :D).

As far as what I might have been doing prior to this... hmm.. I'm not sure. :S

I most recently experienced this bug after receiving 1x locust husk and 1x glistening pebbles from a friend (Tomine/Thelanis), then going to the Altar of Fecundity in the basement of Meridia and trying to buy an Eberron Energy Orb from the guy there. Conversely, I've also run into this issue coming in from a wilderness area (or quest?) and attempting to buy foodstuffs from a barkeep.

-T'Knor!

TKnor
02-25-2008, 11:01 AM
- "Should you be able to range the stone scorpions in Rainbow in the Dark before they activate? I was shooting at something else the other day (and using the stone scorps as a shield), and I realized that I was actually shooting the scorps and not my intended target."

No.

I've found that you can actually score hits on lots of inactivated mobs. You can shoot these scorpions before they activate (though they have DR/- and elemental/alignment resists of (2^32) - 1. You can also hit collapsed earth elementals before they rise for the same effect. I believe you can also do the same for buried scorpions in the Menechtarun Desert (but I'm not sure; haven't tried in recent times).

-T'Knor!

MysticTheurge
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
A few bugs with the bug report tool:[LIST]
Most important: I was unable to submit actual bug reports. Clicking the submit button appeared to do nothing at all. I left the help window open a few minutes and tried again, but it still didn't appear to do anything.

Do you normally use Firefox or some other non-IE browser?

If so, open IE and go to the forum bug reporting tool and submit a bug report. When a warning pops up, check "never warn me again" and click close.