PDA

View Full Version : green blank items

Redhawk69
02-15-2008, 08:07 AM
can someone please explain how and what is needed to make green blank items ive read the tutorial and all that but am still a little confused (yes that does happen). any help would be appreciated.

Babidi
02-15-2008, 08:13 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=132855

Cinwulf
02-15-2008, 08:21 AM
also be sure to see this site, also mentioned I believe in the thread linked to above: http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Crafting

Dane_McArdy
02-15-2008, 08:25 AM
can someone please explain how and what is needed to make green blank items ive read the tutorial and all that but am still a little confused (yes that does happen). any help would be appreciated.

I'll try and break it down.

Start in the 12, get the quest to find Meridia, and get your small ingrediant bag, these are given by two different people.

Enter the vale, and find Meridia. While exploring the Vale, the 5 quests entrances are also there, they grant the quest just by getting near.

Do all quests. At the end you will pull from each chest a Shavarath stone of ______. Each quests gives a different one, you need 5. Doing each quest gives 8 favor, for a total of 40. You will also pull some raw ingredients, like Chimpmunk funk, and husks. Take these also, don't give them away. On average you will need at least 2 of each of these raw ingredients. You will use these raw ingredients to make 3 different manufactured ingredients.

Now that you have done all 5 quests, and have all 5 SSoX (Shavarath Stone of _______), go to Meridia, and talk to the Eldritch Device expert. She will talk about the device located through the door down the ramp next to her, and give you 5 items.

Enter the room, take the 5 items she gave you (Do no put in your bag, you can't really drag from the bag to the device) and mix magically, and you get a stick. Go back and talk to her, she takes the stick, and tells you that she thinks your SSoX can be combined this way, and that they contain enough power to run the device without an outside energy source. Place all 5 in and mix magically, and you get your Shavarath Signet Stone. SSS. The signet stone is the only item you can make without an Energy Cell, as far as I think right now.

Now look online for the recipes for making your green steel blank item. You will need your Signet Stone, an Eberron Energy Cell (which can be bought from the guy standing next to the device), and 3 manufactured ingredients. You will need either Ore or Filiment. Ores make weapons, filiments make wearable items. A colored taper, and a wonderous oil/balm/gem/scarab.

You combine your Ore/filiment, Colored Taper, and Wounderous Item, along with an EEC (Eberron Energy Cell) in the device.

The Ore/filiment, colored taper and wounderous items are all made from various combinations of 4 different raw ingredients and a EEC. Remember that funk, and twig, and pebbles? Those are the raw ingredients. Never let anyone talk you out of your pebbles or funk! So far, I've only seen husk and lily petals come from vale chests, the rest from quests chests.

And that's the basics. Hope that helps.

Yaga_Nub
02-15-2008, 09:07 AM
I'll try and break it down.

Start in the 12, get the quest to find Meridia, and get your small ingrediant bag, these are given by two different people.

Enter the vale, and find Meridia. While exploring the Vale, the 5 quests entrances are also there, they grant the quest just by getting near.

Do all quests. At the end you will pull from each chest a Shavarath stone of ______. Each quests gives a different one, you need 5. Doing each quest gives 8 favor, for a total of 40. You will also pull some raw ingredients, like Chimpmunk funk, and husks. Take these also, don't give them away. On average you will need at least 2 of each of these raw ingredients. You will use these raw ingredients to make 3 different manufactured ingredients.

Now that you have done all 5 quests, and have all 5 SSoX (Shavarath Stone of _______), go to Meridia, and talk to the Eldritch Device expert. She will talk about the device located through the door down the ramp next to her, and give you 5 items.

Enter the room, take the 5 items she gave you (Do no put in your bag, you can't really drag from the bag to the device) and mix magically, and you get a stick. Go back and talk to her, she takes the stick, and tells you that she thinks your SSoX can be combined this way, and that they contain enough power to run the device without an outside energy source. Place all 5 in and mix magically, and you get your Shavarath Signet Stone. SSS. The signet stone is the only item you can make without an Energy Cell, as far as I think right now.

Now look online for the recipes for making your green steel blank item. You will need your Signet Stone, an Eberron Energy Cell (which can be bought from the guy standing next to the device), and 3 manufactured ingredients. You will need either Ore or Filiment. Ores make weapons, filiments make wearable items. A colored taper, and a wonderous oil/balm/gem/scarab.

You combine your Ore/filiment, Colored Taper, and Wounderous Item, along with an EEC (Eberron Energy Cell) in the device.

The Ore/filiment, colored taper and wounderous items are all made from various combinations of 4 different raw ingredients and a EEC. Remember that funk, and twig, and pebbles? Those are the raw ingredients. Never let anyone talk you out of your pebbles or funk! So far, I've only seen husk and lily petals come from vale chests, the rest from quests chests.

And that's the basics. Hope that helps.

DON'T LISTEN TO DANE! What he meant to say is don't let anyone talk you out of your twigs. Those things seem to drop less than any other and are needed for almost all the combinations.

GreenGurgler
02-15-2008, 09:27 AM
OK, Im eading the information on the WIKI crafting page but have yet to craft anything except my SSS. NOw when I look a the lists of weapons, I notice that I do not see ANY axes of any flavor listed, is this correct? Can anyone verify if there are any green steel axes, preferably dwarven axes??

MrCow
02-15-2008, 10:15 AM
I notice that I do not see ANY axes of any flavor listed, is this correct?

As far as the community knows, this is correct. You can not craft certain greensteel weapons (for reasons we don't specifically know yet).

Dane_McArdy
02-15-2008, 10:56 AM
DON'T LISTEN TO DANE! What he meant to say is don't let anyone talk you out of your twigs. Those things seem to drop less than any other and are needed for almost all the combinations.

Don't let anyone talk you out of ANY thing untill you are sure you know you have all you need or you are making a trade with an item you know you don't need, for an item you do need. Like I said, you generally need 2 of everything, and in a few cases, 3 of some items.

fefnir3284
02-15-2008, 11:27 AM
what about scimitars, rapiers and kukris? I dont see any of them either.