PDA

View Full Version : Waterboarding

Brutous
02-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Is it wrong for any character to "Waterboard" a kobold for information of the kidnapped victim named Arlos?

Kerrn_Siff
02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
It may be untasteful and possibly illegal but it is necessary.

I've found having a NG to TN alignment helps out a lot here with the grey area. :)

Brutous
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
It may be untasteful and possibly illegal but it is necessary.

I've found having a NG to TN alignment helps out a lot here with the grey area. :)

So a pally couldn't do it?
I guess Ruc the Pickpocket has a mission in the sewers today, I don't think I can send Brutous (they will hear him coming a mile away).

Borrigain
02-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Is it wrong for any character to "Waterboard" a kobold for information of the kidnapped victim named Arlos?

Never! As he wouldn't extend that courtesy to you. Actually, he'd probably be-head you and then cook you over a fire.

Borr.

Nevthial
02-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Holding a "kobold" over a burning barrel is still a popular method for gaining information. It works faster that waterboarding , but you may wish to check local laws before attempting it. ( Bribery works in some cases with local authorities. )

Strakeln
02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Related question: is there anything you can do to Coyle that would be considered illegal?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

~Jules921
02-15-2008, 01:46 AM
Related question: is there anything you can do to Coyle that would be considered illegal?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

He is the exception to all torture rules. The Stormreach Convention POW rules do not apply to wand toting archaeologists that try to "help" :eek:

Jules

Ghoste
02-15-2008, 02:04 AM
As long as the kobold in question is not a construct built in the form of a kobold, then yes.

Nevthial
02-15-2008, 02:22 AM
As long as the kobold in question is not a construct built in the form of a kobold, then yes.

LOL ! I would like to just state that when your rule over Eberron is within reach, all members of our guild will be required to transfer their souls into "blank" warforged bodies. ( My Master has unlocked the secrets of this technique.) Any refusing would be gladly given over to your purge of the fleshlings!

Ghoste
02-15-2008, 02:31 AM
LOL ! I would like to just state that when your rule over Eberron is within reach, all members of our guild will be required to transfer their souls into "blank" warforged bodies. ( My Master has unlocked the secrets of this technique.) Any refusing would be gladly given over to your purge of the fleshlings!
"blank warforged bodies"? And where exactly is this blasphemous crime of draining my people's souls occuring?!!!

You and your guild must be placed under greater scrutiny.

Nevthial
02-15-2008, 03:21 AM
"blank warforged bodies"? And where exactly is this blasphemous crime of draining my people's souls occuring?!!!

You and your guild must be placed under greater scrutiny.

Hey! They attacked us first! It was self defence really... If it's any consolation , we have numerous "fleshling" corp..er "blanks" as well. (The Master loves to play with his toys.) http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f235/escottish140/demotivator/Necromancy2.jpg

Ghoste
02-15-2008, 03:53 AM
Renegade mastermakers display proper fleshling wisdom.

Brutous
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Who is this maker?

Nevthial
02-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Who is this maker?

Why that would be my Master, Mumra. His latest creation is affectionately called Number Seven. ( Numbers one through six were miserable failures. But, don't mention them to the Master. ) There are no secrets in Stormreach from our Guild or allies. The Vulture is coming! Join the fight or remain in subjugation ! Free yourselves!

Ghoste
02-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Who is this maker?
Renegade mastermakers are fleshlings who graft on construct limbs until they become entirely a living construct. Kind of like a pale master becoming a lich, but construct instead of undead.

Meriadeuc
02-18-2008, 07:08 PM

Not if you're a representitive of the United States government. If the "unitary executive" wants it, it is by definition both legal and moral. Didn't you know that?

moorewr
02-18-2008, 07:16 PM

I hear they get off on it...

Brutous
02-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I hear they get off on it...

feels dirty.

Bekki
02-19-2008, 11:09 AM
You do know of course that Kobalds are REPTILES...?:eek:
(hence the aversion to Reptile bane weapons)

And therefore possibly amphibians...:eek:

I would go with the burning barrel myself! :D

moorewr
02-19-2008, 11:16 AM
You do know of course that Kobalds are REPTILES...?:eek:
(hence the aversion to Reptile bane weapons)

And therefore possibly amphibious...:eek:

I would go with the burning barrel myself! :D

Now, I've never waterboarded an alligator, but I think you mean amphibians anyway. :P

Bekki
02-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Now, I've never waterboarded an alligator, but I think you mean amphibians anyway. :p

Ooops! no spell check...:D

Fixed it! :D