PDA

View Full Version : AI Improvements: next phase

chester99
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
so what ever happened to the next round of exciting AI improvements steming from:

Summary: Kynogon signed an agreement with Turbine that Kynapse, an artificial intelligence system developed by Kynogon, will be used for The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar and Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach.

When the first part of it was implemented the difference was night and day, monsters went from low functioning retards to.... high functioning retards. Imagine how cool it would be if in the next phase bad guys didn't consistantly make the worst choice available to them.

"Ok bad guy, now I'm on this side of the firewall. and now I'm on this side. and now I'm on this side. and now you're dead. FAIL."

Is there another phase of goodness on the way?

VirieSquichie
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
My vote for next AI improvement:

Monsters who don't automatically know the position of the person who cast the extended-range non-damaging spell from nearly behind a boulder, said caster then cast invisibility and went into stealth while out of sight behind said boulder, slunk off to a different boulder and still managed to have the monster come charging up four minutes later to the caster's new (still stealthed, and not even moving at that point) position and proceed to turn them to thin mush.

Improved over complete stupidity, yes, slightly. The current AI is given "cheating" information, however, and that's not right.

Hey, how about when enemy shamans see a firewall (etc.) being cast, they spend a bit of time casting fire (etc.) resist or protection on their nearby melee allies? Now, that would show a bit of intelligence.

Dariuss
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
My vote for next AI improvement:

Monsters who don't automatically know the position of the person who cast the extended-range non-damaging spell from nearly behind a boulder, said caster then cast invisibility and went into stealth while out of sight behind said boulder, slunk off to a different boulder and still managed to have the monster come charging up four minutes later to the caster's new (still stealthed, and not even moving at that point) position and proceed to turn them to thin mush.

Improved over complete stupidity, yes, slightly. The current AI is given "cheating" information, however, and that's not right.

Hey, how about when enemy shamans see a firewall (etc.) being cast, they spend a bit of time casting fire (etc.) resist or protection on their nearby melee allies? Now, that would show a bit of intelligence.

i gotta agree with that

ehcsztein
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
The current AI is given "cheating" information, however, and that's not right.

The have a lot less "cheating" info than a party who has ran a quest multiple times. If the game mechanics supported random MOB spawn etc I would be more apt to support this but as it stands now the MOB ability to "know more than they should" balances pretty well with our ability to meta-game the quests

This on the other hand would be a welcome change. They already heal each other etc why not additional buffs?