PDA

View Full Version : Different Builds

Rragnaar
02-12-2008, 07:14 AM
Lately I have seen some builds that Baffle my mind and I just need to ask why?

First theres the 15 paladin/1 cleric. What's the point of taking 1 level of cleric?

Secondly, WF builds that are like 10 barbarian 6 sorc or some stuff involving the 2 classes. That takes your toon in extreme opposites. Is it just to repair your self? If so it isn't worth it overall.

Third, Pure rogues. Why bother? There is only 1 trap in the game that needs a pure rogue and the Devs keep scaling it down little by little until eventually the good loot that used to spawn out of there will be considered pointless at best.

Now I know there are some bored people out there during down time, so let's see some creative answers. :)

Lifespawn
02-12-2008, 07:23 AM
the pally cleric is probably for dv's

the barb sorc i imagine is for healing and haste

pure rogues get nasty sneak attack dice plus cool skills like defensive roll and slippery mind not to mention imporved evasion at lvl 10.

Dexxaan
02-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Lately I have seen some builds that Baffle my mind and I just need to ask why?

First theres the 15 paladin/1 cleric. What's the point of taking 1 level of cleric?

Secondly, WF builds that are like 10 barbarian 6 sorc or some stuff involving the 2 classes. That takes your toon in extreme opposites. Is it just to repair your self? If so it isn't worth it overall.

Third, Pure rogues. Why bother? There is only 1 trap in the game that needs a pure rogue and the Devs keep scaling it down little by little until eventually the good loot that used to spawn out of there will be considered pointless at best.

Now I know there are some bored people out there during down time, so let's see some creative answers. :)

Regarding the 15 Paladin 1 Cleric; I believe it to be a good build (I'd never go as high as 15 paladin, Best to go 11 Paladin 4 Fighter 1 Cleric IMO but hey I like tanking).

1 level of Cleric gives you anywhere from 10-20 DV's with only 3 AP's, plus you get Nightshield for Magic Missiles (best if you have extend) In today's Mana-Gement questing days this guy is definitely the way to go.

As for your other 2 examples......I agree...what are they thinking? (Rogue 10-12 is good enuff)

Rragnaar
02-12-2008, 07:48 AM
So....1 level of cleric is for Nightsheild and DV's? I have a 16 wizard, you know how many DV's I've received from any cleric class since Mod 5 went live? 3 occasions and 2 of them were coming back from 3 or more months off. So now it boils down to being able to use Nightsheild, kind of a poor reason to use up a level. :D

Dexxaan
02-12-2008, 07:55 AM
So....1 level of cleric is for Nightsheild and DV's? I have a 16 wizard, you know how many DV's I've received from any cleric class since Mod 5 went live? 3 occasions and 2 of them were coming back from 3 or more months off. So now it boils down to being able to use Nightsheild, kind of a poor reason to use up a level. :D

I feel your pain, yet I have always dished out DV's to Mana-starved casters and other Clerics with my Battle-Cleric and they have been handy to say the least.

DV's a are a Team oriented quality, not personal/selfish. So that tells you a lot about who you run with and what you think of them as well doesn't it?

Tanka
02-12-2008, 05:28 PM
The pure Rogue is still a top contender when played correctly.

Unfortunately, most Rogues don't do that. :p

Combined with a good Intimitank or DPS-ing person, they can help chew through content ridiculously fast with their gobs of d6 sneak attack.

Falco_Easts
02-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Maybe the cleric level for better variety of wands/scrolls?
Pure rogues when played right can cause carnage. When played right.
No idea about the Barb/Sorc. Maybe just an idea he had in his head of a warrior mage. Not all about most effective, it is a RPG after all.

SilverSong
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Not every cleric carriers DVs, there are I would say 80% of them out there now that don't. The 20% of us that do hand them out alot. My cleric has 16 of them, I could have more if I wanted, but haven't bothered. I also hardly ever pug with my cleric, since it usally ends up costing me way more then it should.

Necro_Jill
02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
The reason I don't have dv's is twofold a ridiculously low cha, and i'm a very horrid cleric. As for the great clerics i've met the ones that don't have dv's usually have dh's for the reason of saving money when they pug. May be my opinion but I never expected a cleric to manage a casters mana (that should be learned by the caster) though clerics dving clerics is a godsend. I do like dv don't get me wrong just kind of throwing my opinion outside of the box, since the character builds are getting so diverse. And no Dexx I still won't post my ranger build, at least not till you pay me my dragonshard.

rockcrown
02-12-2008, 09:11 PM

Perhaps the real question is, what does that 16th lvl of paladin give you? Then compare it to this build.

Impaqt
02-12-2008, 09:22 PM
15Paly/1Cleric
Lots Of DV's, Magical Training (80Spell Points) Plus L1 Cleric Spell Points, Nightsheild, remove fear is also another nice L1 Cleric spell to carry. The build works great.

10barb/6Sorc Warforged:
I'd rather see Wizard, but Sorc works too. Excellent Self healing, 6 levels of Sorc give ya a 60% Chance to hit a Reconstruct Scroll and 80% Chance on a Greater heroism. Nice Spellpoints even if CHR is low, No fail haste and Displacement scrolls, Blur, Sheild, Heroism, on and on and on. its a Very solid concept and if played properly, can be very fun.

Pure Rogue? Thats easy.
Rogue is one of the only class where Every level gets you Something... Special Abilities, Trap Sense, More sneak attack... a 16 Rogue has 8d6 Extra Damage Base on a sneak attack.. Plus Enhancments... Thats like having a Weapong of Double Superior XXX Bane for everything except Constructs and Undead......

Hadrian
02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
You can't beat my 5 sorc/3 wizard/5 paladin/2 bard/1 barbarian build, Bigbyrd.

I can solo waterworks on hard!

Maybe people just make goofy builds to enjoy the game sometimes. How else can you explain Teferi?

I mean, seriously. He's on your list of "why bother" builds as a pure rogue.

Or is that what this thread is about?

fishbai8
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
lol i think not everyone is actualy smart enough to come up with a good build lol let people make the bad ones and figure out what not to do next time they make a toon lol