PDA

View Full Version : Little things that would make me happier

Venar
02-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Very Happy with Mod 6.
Small things i'd like:

1. Power Shards to drop more often OR not to bind (and thus be tradable)

2. Tavern Effect covering the entire Meridia region.

3. An option to unlock a teleport NPC to Meridia (and not just from it)

4. The ability to memories lower level spells into higher level slots.

5. A few more teleport destinations for the teleport spell.

6. Guild banks.

7. /dance3

Yaga_Nub
02-12-2008, 06:33 AM
Very Happy with Mod 6.
Small things i'd like:

IMHO, there is no reason the shards AREN'T tradable. Just a poor choice on the devs part.

I guess I've never noticed but I thought the tavern effect IS in effect anywhere in Meridia.

I hope this is just an oversight and that it will be corrected in 6.1 or even today.

No.

A few? How about a hundred more with the spell broken down into zones and then destinations in those zones as long as you have been there before.

6. Guild banks.

I guess.

7. /dance3

No, the next emote they should add is either bslap or pslap. :)

my thoughts in red.

Venar
02-12-2008, 06:54 AM
About #2:
You have the city regeneration all over Meridia, but the tavern effect (from drinking or eating) is lost if you leave the upper part.

About #5:
Just in case this is a coding issue and would need too much work to redo the teleport spell, a go-around solution would be to put a portal choice OUT of the portable hole. So you port to the Hole, and upon leaving, it offers: Market, Harbor, Restless Isle, Desert, Necropolis, Meridia, Gianthold.

Also, a small twink to destination. The House D port should take us into the broker house really, not the **** merchant.

Mad_Bombardier
02-12-2008, 11:41 AM
#3. Gustavine or Jeanselme in the Twelve could teleport you to Meridia once you have proven yourself by reaching 40 favor (since there is no other favor reward other than unlocking the raid & Altar).

Venar
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Nope. But thanks for the wrong info.

ebt-dnd
02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
About #2:
You have the city regeneration all over Meridia, but the tavern effect (from drinking or eating) is lost if you leave the upper part.

Yeah, but that's the case everywhere. You leave the tavern, you leave the effect. It wouldn't be consistent if it stayed, although I admit it would be nice. Being the brain dead person I am, I can't count the number of times I chug the 500 gold bottles, only to run out of the inn to check the mailbox/bank/AH/vendor right away...

Knightrose
02-12-2008, 09:28 PM
There's plenty of teleporting and fast travel in DDO. We don't need more.

A big boo hoo if you have to run for a whole 60seconds to get to Meridia. At least you're moving. You spend a lot more time standing around trying to find a second player with 20WIS in VON5 after clearing it.

Venar
02-13-2008, 01:48 AM
There's plenty of teleporting and fast travel in DDO. We don't need more

Who's "we"? You? If so, learn to use "I".
I wouldn't need it if all the Quest NPC were not in Meridia, and if recalling would bring us there.
But when a large player-base use /death to teleport around, you know there is a design flaw.

ThrasherGT
02-13-2008, 07:48 AM
There's plenty of teleporting and fast travel in DDO. We don't need more.

A big boo hoo if you have to run for a whole 60seconds to get to Meridia. At least you're moving. You spend a lot more time standing around trying to find a second player with 20WIS in VON5 after clearing it.

"Whacha mean WE, Kimosabe? It's not like this a worry free (or battle free for that matter) run through the daisies. All I would like is an NPC outside the gate to the vale that transports Us to the Djinn in Meridia.

'Nuff Said............

LOUDRampart
02-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Very Happy with Mod 6.
Small things i'd like:

Agreed
No, it is fine as it is.
Agreed
No
By all means yes
6. Guild banks.
Rather have shared bank with all characters on my account
7. /dance3
don't care
my opinion on your small requests.

Serpent
02-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Two people have said no to being able to memorize lower level spells in higher level spell. This is a fundamental part of DnD, so why are people saying no? I think it is one aspect of wizards that has been left out.

Let us memorize lower level spells in higher slots, it's principle ability of Wizards.

Mad_Bombardier
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Nope. But thanks for the wrong info.What "nope"? :confused: I was offering a suggestion fix for your request #3. (Note the word "could.") Are you saying that fix would not be agreeable to you?

Venar
02-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Sorry Mad, i read wrong, i thought you said it was already in game. :p

MysticTheurge
02-15-2008, 02:13 PM

No.

Um... why not?

llevenbaxx
02-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Two people have said no to being able to memorize lower level spells in higher level spell. This is a fundamental part of DnD, so why are people saying no? I think it is one aspect of wizards that has been left out.

Let us memorize lower level spells in higher slots, it's principle ability of Wizards.

Agreed!

Would also like more teleport destinations.

Nothing else there really blows my skirt up.

Yaga_Nub
02-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Um... why not?

Because I don't want it. :)

My selection of spells is hard enough for me as it is. If I could do that it would greatly increase my indecision thus reducing my playing time so ........ NO!

MysticTheurge
02-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Because I don't want it. :)

My selection of spells is hard enough for me as it is. If I could do that it would greatly increase my indecision thus reducing my playing time so ........ NO!

Well, that's a silly reason not to include something that's entirely possible in D&D. :p

Yaga_Nub
02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Well, that's a silly reason not to include something that's entirely possible in D&D. :p

I didn't say it wasn't. But it' s my reason. :D

Cinwulf
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Very Happy with Mod 6.
Small things i'd like:

6. Guild banks.

7. /dance3

good ideas, everyone :)

Jerevon
02-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Very Happy with Mod 6.
Small things i'd like:

6. Guild banks.

I agree with the OP here. I want to add:

* Increased zoom-out distance on the camera and add a first person perspective. I would really help in the Reaver's Fate when you get shot up to the ceiling (first person view).

* Increase the 'use' distance for vendors

* Keep up the good work on the G-15 support, keep working on upgrading it, here's my suggestion for a template:
http://a578.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/80/l_8a0536b132be4fb59544a9b734cccc91.jpg

* Introduce some new weapon special abilities:

Defending
A defending weapon allows the wielder to transfer some or all of the sword’s enhancement bonus to his AC as a bonus that stacks with all others. As a free action, the wielder chooses how to allocate the weapon’s enhancement bonus at the start of his turn before using the weapon, and the effect to AC lasts until his next turn.

Ki Focus (since Monks are on the way)
The magic weapon serves as a channel for the wielder’s ki, allowing her to use her special ki attacks through the weapon as if they were unarmed attacks. These attacks include the monk’s stunning attack, ki strike, and quivering palm, as well as the Stunning Fist feat. Only melee weapons can have the ki focus ability.

Mighty Cleaving
A mighty cleaving weapon allows a wielder with the Cleave feat to make one additional cleave attempt in a round (or it can translate to this by having it reset the CD on cleve once per CD.)

Spell Storing
A spell storing weapon allows a spellcaster to store a single targeted spell of up to 3rd level in the weapon. (The spell must have a casting time of 1 standard action.) Any time the weapon strikes a creature and the creature takes damage from it, the weapon can immediately cast the spell on that creature as a free action if the wielder desires. (This special ability is an exception to the general rule that casting a spell from an item takes at least as long as casting that spell normally.) Once the spell has been cast from the weapon, a spellcaster can cast any other targeted spell of up to 3rd level into it. The weapon magically imparts to the wielder the name of the spell currently stored within it. A randomly rolled spell storing weapon has a 50% chance to have a spell stored in it already.

paintedman
02-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Oger Cleaving Charging Bezerk Attack

You know the attack that the oger/trol's do when they charge and swing three times with a crit range of oh, I dunno, 11-20. It also seems to have cleave on it too.

yeah, thats what I want

-paint

Jerevon
02-16-2008, 01:10 AM

You know the attack that the oger/trol's do when they charge and swing three times with a crit range of oh, I dunno, 11-20. It also seems to have cleave on it too.

yeah, thats what I want

-paint

ok

Pellegro
02-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Very Happy with Mod 6.

Me too !!! Its a great mod. Its not GH, but I'm enjoying it as much as Desert, and with teh raid crafting, its going to remain relevant for a loooong time.

Small things i'd like:

YES

Meh ... would be nice but would be nice if they covered the entire non-instanced world so ....

No brainer.

Hmm ... Not sure I would care one way or the other ....

YES

6. Guild banks.

Nice, but not essential. Twinking is already rampant ...

7. /dance3

YES

My thoughts in red. For wahtever they're worth heh

Beherit_Baphomar
02-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I didn't say it wasn't. But it' s my reason. :D

Damn good reason if you ask me Yaga, dontchoo listen to these guys, stick to yer guns!!

NO TO CORE D&D RULES!!

Beherit_Baphomar
02-16-2008, 10:05 AM
* Increase the 'use' distance for vendors

MY GOD!! Please fix this! If someone were to come to my store and stand on my counter while purchasing things he would only do it once.

Beherit_Baphomar
02-16-2008, 10:06 AM

yeah, thats what I want

-paint

/signed.

Id change the name though, how about...Seriously Overpowered And Completely Unfair And Why Cant We Have It Ogre Cleaving Charging Bezerk Attack.

Jerevon
02-16-2008, 11:18 AM
****ing ogre attack??? where the hell did this come from? I'm talking about a property on a weapon for the PC's, not for the NPC we fight in the game.

Spisey
02-16-2008, 11:37 AM
I want /(emote) Orthon dance.

Nothing like having the lil dorf toons head banging! :D