PDA

View Full Version : Slayer Rewards?

Gratch
02-11-2008, 05:49 PM
A guildy suggested this while adventuring for wilderness XP... but it sounded kind of cool.

Any chance that when we complete Slayer rewards in outdoor areas that it can enable a deeper "Z" monster info when that monster is examined? I think Dibablo had this.

Things along the likes of Total HP, HD, DR, Immunities, Invulnerability, Alignment, and Saves maybe. Aka, when you hit a certain slayer level in the desert on undead... you get the details on mummies, desert skellies, desert undead arcanes... or even revealing more of them per slayer level. Toons that have passed the level requirement are automatically granted this information (since they can no longer level in those areas). This would be a nice slayer reward, more info for Mr. Cow and other forum savants (though most of it can already be figured out), as well as sort of preparation info for players that have done a lot of an outdoor area and are about to tackle similar monsters in the quests.

I'd guess in PnP this is a lore skill of some sort (or a player reading up on monsters and imparting said knowledge to their characters). In DDO right now it's mostly trial and error, suggested strategy, and memorization.

Alavatar
02-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Cool idea.

Some info you listed I don't think would be available. I doubt they would tell us Alignment, Saves, or Total HP. I bet HD, DR, and Immunities would be more likely.

Still, cool idea.

Kerr
02-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Since that would show us how much the mobs "cheat" with inflated stats, I don't see that happening.

Gratch
02-11-2008, 06:08 PM
You (if you're Mr. Cow) can already figure out most of this information. Given they have spells and items that are HD and HP limited... I don't see why it has to stay player-hidden information. Alignment can be figured out using alignment-detection weapons. The game already knows all these stats... the added dev time is in how the reward works and which mobs the character knows about.

Alavatar
02-11-2008, 06:15 PM
And the UI.