PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reqs Make Multiple Specialties Impossible

jarlaxle_dourden
02-11-2008, 02:54 PM
I am wondering if the development group realized that they are making certain cool specialization combinations impossible.

I thought an assassin/sniper would be pretty cool but assassin required rogue sneak/hide 1 and sniper requires ranger sneak/hide 1 ... making the two mutually exclusive.

Is this intentional? Don't you think that sneak/hide 1 should be sufficient and we don't need to specify if it is rogue or ranger sneak?

I think there could be such cool combinations if these pre-reqs didn't railroad each other ...

My 2 cents.

Invalid_86
02-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I seem to remember a rule from when specialties were introduced saying that you may only have one at a time. If so it's a moot point. Anyone remember this?

Laith
02-11-2008, 03:36 PM
I seem to remember a rule from when specialties were introduced saying that you may only have one at a time. If so it's a moot point. Anyone remember this?one for each class was the quote if i recall. for this reason, elf arcane archer is tagged as a "ranger" specialty.

the OPs restriction seems unintended.

if it was unintended, an easy fix would be adding a bunch of OR conditions to the prereqs.

Impaqt
02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, First, Can you take Multiple SPecialties at ALL? Ones that DOnt share the same Prereqs? Like ACrobat and Arcane Archer?

If so, theres an issue.....

If not, then I believe ts working as intended... Seems silly to me to have "Specializations" in multiple directions.....

binnsr
02-11-2008, 03:42 PM
one for each class was the quote if i recall. for this reason, elf arcane archer is tagged as a "ranger" specialty.

the OPs restriction seems unintended.

if it was unintended, an easy fix would be adding a bunch of OR conditions to the prereqs.

So you can't do Elven Arcane Archer and Ranger DeepWoods Sniper on the same elven ranger? there goes that idea :/

Laith
02-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Seems silly to me to have "Specializations" in multiple directions.....it's really just a lesser specialization in multiple things though, isn't it? Afterall, even most specializations have rank I and II.

if you want to specialize in multiple classes specialties, odds are you'll be multiclassed enough to miss rank II in both of them.

parvo
02-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure if anyone would want to, but the Clerical Faith enhancements are cheap (6 action ponts I think) and require Cleric level six. Is there something preventing them from being combined with, say...Spellsinger?

Impaqt
02-11-2008, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure if anyone would want to, but the Clerical Faith enhancements are cheap (6 action ponts I think) and require Cleric level six. Is there something preventing them from being combined with, say...Spellsinger?

Those are just Enhancments though.. THey give you one Benefit and the only prereq is the Level I tier.

THe Ranger/Rogue/Elf are more of a Prestige class line, Multiple Prereqs annd Multiple Benefits.

Mad_Bombardier
02-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Well, First, Can you take Multiple SPecialties at ALL? Ones that DOnt share the same Prereqs? Like ACrobat and Arcane Archer?

If so, theres an issue...My Tempest Spellsinger says, yes, you can take specialties from different classes. They are only exclusive within that class.

And yes, there is an issue with enhancements.

Alavatar
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Edit: Nevermind this post. It doesn't matter. :)

fefnir3284
02-11-2008, 06:08 PM
My Tempest Spellsinger says, yes, you can take specialties from different classes. They are only exclusive within that class.

And yes, there is an issue with enhancements.

o.O that is what I am going to be, just a warchanter instead of spellsinger, and not until level 18 (cause i want greater two weapon first ;))