PDA

View Full Version : New Character slot w/ Monk

The_Ick
02-11-2008, 01:17 PM
So will we be receiving an additional characters lot for a Monk when Mod 7 is released? I would really prefer not to have to delete a toon to play the new class.

I know a lot of people have used all of their slots yet, but there are a good number of us that have.

** Crosses fingers and hopes the answer is YES!!! ****

Jaywade
02-11-2008, 01:19 PM
So will we be receiving an additional characters lot for a Monk when Mod 7 is released? I would really prefer not to have to delete a toon to play the new class.

I know a lot of people have used all of their slots yet, but there are a good number of us that have.

** Crosses fingers and hopes the answer is YES!!! ****

I was hoping to get xtra slots in mod 6...I would think they would give them to us

GeneralDiomedes
02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I was hoping to get xtra slots in mod 6...I would think they would give them to us

Yeah .. hadn't they promised us 2 extra slots? Maybe they put that off until Monks.

Drider
02-11-2008, 01:21 PM
They gave us a free slot with the server merge. They never promised 2 more slots.

Scooter
02-11-2008, 01:23 PM
They gave us a free slot with the server merge. They never promised 2 more slots.

So how many total slots do we have?

Uska
02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
So how many total slots do we have?

should have 9 with 1750 favor I belive

Impaqt
02-11-2008, 01:29 PM
ACtually, they DID give us 2 withthe Merge...

Original...

5 Slots +1 Drow, +1 Favor =7

Post-Merge
7 Slots +1 Drow +1 Favor =9

But yes, We should get an extra Slot or 2 with Mod 7 I hope.

Yaga_Nub
02-11-2008, 02:41 PM

Original...

Post-Merge

I hope they give us a lot more than two or I'm sol.

Sleepy
02-11-2008, 02:44 PM
should have 9 with 1750 favor I belive

Ive only got 8 with 1750 favor. Been wondering about this a while now.

Yaga_Nub
02-11-2008, 02:45 PM

Go talk to Nyx again with the character that has 1750 favor. Then log out (maybe even restart). It should be there.

Barumar
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Original...

Post-Merge

Another question this brought to my mind is will Monks require a certain level of Favor to unlock them (and the extra slot for them) like it did for Drow?

I certainly hope NOT, but it would be nice to know now (and how much) so we can start grinding - AGAIN...

Barumar

Shana
02-12-2008, 01:34 AM
I'd really love an extra slot, but I hope that its done as +1 to the number of slots you currently have not "We are increasing the number of slots to 10"

After all, I have 19 slots on Sarlona:

1. 8 from Aerenal (5 + drow + 1750 favour + the 'bonus 1750 slot')
2. 6 from Sarlona (5 + drow)
3. 5 from Adar

I'd rather not be forced to delete 10 character to make a pure monk and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position.

I'd be happy enough if my slots were preserved so I could delete one character to create one new one...

Uska
02-12-2008, 01:41 AM
I'd really love an extra slot, but I hope that its done as +1 to the number of slots you currently have not "We are increasing the number of slots to 10"

1. 8 from Aerenal (5 + drow + 1750 favour + the 'bonus slot' granted because people exploited 1750)
3. 5 from Adar

I'd rather not be forced to delete 10 character to make a pure monk and I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position.

I'd be happy enough if my slots were preserved so I could delete one character to create one new one...

I wouldnt count on that it will proably be 10 total, hurts me to on my alternate server as I have 18 there drow on 3 servers so I have a bunch of characters I would have to delete but I hope I dont have t o.

Yaga_Nub
02-12-2008, 06:24 AM
I wouldnt count on that it will proably be 10 total, hurts me to on my alternate server as I have 18 there drow on 3 servers so I have a bunch of characters I would have to delete but I hope I dont have t o.

holy crud!

esoitl
02-12-2008, 06:33 AM

1. 8 from Aerenal (5 + drow + 1750 favour + the 'bonus 1750 slot')
3. 5 from Adar

as far as i know, you actually only have 9 slots total

the way they worked the merge was they would not delete characters but allow for 'extra' slots where the characters existed
if i read properly and it was never changed(which i assume it wouldn't) you'd actually have to delete 10 characters to make a pure monk

once you delete a character that phantom slot will dissappear until you are below the max(9) which will open a new slot for you

i would assume that the new slot introduced in MOD 7 if there is one would bump the total from 9 to 10 or 11 if there is two making you still sol having to delete a lot of toons to make your monk

Lifespawn
02-12-2008, 07:04 AM
as far as i know, you actually only have 9 slots total

the way they worked the merge was they would not delete characters but allow for 'extra' slots where the characters existed
if i read properly and it was never changed(which i assume it wouldn't) you'd actually have to delete 10 characters to make a pure monk

once you delete a character that phantom slot will dissappear until you are below the max(9) which will open a new slot for you

i would assume that the new slot introduced in MOD 7 if there is one would bump the total from 9 to 10 or 11 if there is two making you still sol having to delete a lot of toons to make your monk

it was said by the devs that you would have bonus slots not deleted but to make anything new you would have to delete below the max number of slots.

Personally it's not fair to everyone that didn't exploit early knowledge of this by getting drow and maxing out chars on servers that would merge.I for one chose not to do that Because they said you would have to delete to make anything new and would be quite ****ed if they went against that.

Slapphappy
02-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Giving me more character slots is the number 1 thing that would increase my enjoyemnt of the game. I only play on one server and have 8 spots (not 1750 yet.) I would have fun with 5 more, but will take what I can get.

(BTW - I've never heard a good explanation as to why we don't have unlimited spots. Is it something technical like memory space or something marketing like hoping a sap like me will buy two memberships?)

Mithran
02-12-2008, 08:27 AM

I think there was a small window of opportunity where some of us acquired a ninth slot for getting a second character to 1750+. This is just my inference, though. I lost my tenth slot when trying to reroll.

Bekki
02-12-2008, 08:35 AM
I think there was a small window of opportunity where some of us acquired a ninth slot for getting a second character to 1750+. This is just my inference, though. I lost my tenth slot when trying to reroll.

There was a glitch, where every time you got 1750 you got an extra slot.

But that was fixed as of Mod 5 I believe.

ThrasherGT
02-12-2008, 09:24 AM
There was a glitch, where every time you got 1750 you got an extra slot.

But that was fixed as of Mod 5 I believe.

This is correct, as I currently have 10 slots (confirmed recently when I rerolled a lowbie and still had a 10th slot open....):D

Impaqt
02-12-2008, 09:30 AM
If you Have 1750 Favor and only 8 Slots, Go talk to Nyx again. You Should definatly have 9 Slots.

The_Ick
02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
This is correct, as I currently have 10 slots (confirmed recently when I rerolled a lowbie and still had a 10th slot open....):D

Yeah, i heard about this one, but was never able to confirm it. Before the merge i had 9 slots because of the 1750 bug (i had 3 toons at 1750) so i didn't gain any from the merge, but a friend claims to have 12 spots. And he has even deleted and rerolled toons. His cap is just 12.

I wish i could get this bug to work for me. I am all out of spots and would love to roll some new toons, but i have all my current ones set up just the way i like.