PDA

View Full Version : Horrible GM Experience - My problem still exists after speaking with him

Rambin
02-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I have 2 characters that I have been doing the flagging for the Shroud with. On my Wizard everything went fine, but with the flagging on my rogue I have done everything that was done on my wizard and the Vale of Twilight quest will not advance for my rogue. I had been told by some of my guild members that they knew of others that had the same issue and had to have a Senior GM come to fix it. After trying everything I could think of to do (Checked to make sure I had picked up all of my end rewards, ran to every NPC involved with the quest multiple times to make sure I had talked to everyone.) and nothing worked to advance the quest. I finally decided to put in a ticket to get a GM to help me get my bugged quest fixed after I had tried for about a week to fix it on my own. A GM by the name of Davtumal responded. Below is the complete text of our conversation.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Hello, I am a Game Master for Dungeons & Dragons Online In-Game Support. Please give me a moment while I research your issue. I will be with you momentarily. You can reply to my messages by typing /r and entering your message.'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have completed all 5 of the quests in the Vale and have completed the Eldritch Device Tutorial where I combined my stone fragments. After all of that Aaseamah still tells me there are more members of the party to be found'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, please provide me the status of your all the pre-requisite quest from your Quest Journal?

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'For the vale of twilight in the journal it has me listed on Chapter 1: The Missing'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, I would like to inform you that the status of your all the pre-requisite quest must be completed in order to get into the Raid quest. '

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Is there anything else I can help you with?'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have done all 5 of the quests and have combined the 5 stone fragements to make the signet, and have even made a green steel longbow from them'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have done all of the same stuff that I did on my Wizard and my Wizard is flagged.'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, I can understand your issue. But, you will need to please complete the quest which is showing in-complete in your Quest Journal in order to get into the Raid quest. '

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'the quest should have been marked as complete when the 5 vale quests were completed'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'some others that I know in the game had the same issue and they said a Senior GM had to come fix it for them'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, please let me know if you have already completed the Raid quest and now you are unable to re-enter in the Raid quest.'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have not been able to get in the raid after going through all of the flagging requirements'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, have you completed this raid already and you are unable to repeat it?'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'no, I have never been able to get into the raid for the first time'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, then you will need to complete the pre-requisite quest first which is showing in-complete in your quest Journal in order to get into the Raid quest. However, there is nothing more which can be done in this issue. '

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have already told you, I have completed everything that that quest involves. the quest did not update'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'It may be possible that you have not collected your end reward of any pre-requisite quest from the quest giver NPC after completion of your quest,

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have checked that, and I have ran to all of the NPC's involved in the quest multiple times to make sure I had talked to everyone I needed to'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, I would like to inform you again that the status of your all the pre-requisite quest must be completed in order to get into the Raid quest. So, please complete your quest which is showing in-complete in your Quest Journal. However, there is nothing which can be done in this issue at the moment. '

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Your help request is now resolved. As a result of the request being closed the Game Master you were speaking to is unable to receive any further messages from you through this request. If you need to contact us again, please submit a new help request. Thank you for contacting Dungeons & Dragons Online In-Game Support.'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I want to inform you again that all 5 of the quests have been completed. I have done everything involved in the flagging. The quest did not update somewhere

<no more response from Davtumal and when I went to track my ticket it had been closed out>

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Favor Log for those quests reads:

Ritual Sacrifice 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
Running with the Devils 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
Let Sleeping Dust Lie 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
The Coalescence Chamber 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
Rainbow in the Dark 16 Party The Twelve Hard 16

Had completed the Eldrich Device Tutorial and combined the 5 stone fragments about a week before this conversation took place. Quest will still not update. I still need to get this issue resolved so if anyone knows of anything else that can me done, please help me. I can't really speak for all the GM's but Davtumal really didn't seem to care or just didn't know what he was doing.

philo
02-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Take your signet stone out of the ingredient bag?

Cowdenicus
02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Take your signet stone out of the ingredient bag?

BINGO

Westerner
02-10-2008, 05:41 PM
sorry you're having trouble.

since we're all new to the raid and flagging the possibility exists that you forgot something somewhere.

the possibility also exists for wierd undiscovered bugs

it's unclear as to what the exact cause is, so not sure "horrible" is a fair description of your experience

i'd recheck everything, and if you can't find anything wrong, try opening another ticket. possibly another GM will find something everyone's missed until now.

Rambin
02-10-2008, 05:42 PM
I have used the signet stone to make a green steel longbow. this should not matter since I have made an item from my wizards signet too and get into the raid fine with her, and before I put in the ticket I spent a week checking every part of the flagging process to make sure everything had been completed correctly. I have completed everything, I have checked, rechecked and the checked it all a few more times. I am certain that nothing is missing. I have another character that is raid flagged and has raided several times and have done less on her to get flagged than I have had to do on my Rogue. On my rogue I have completed everything that my wizard has done and more, but it still will not advance the quest for my rogue. ( I have already run all 5 quests at least twice on my rogue, more than twice for some of the quests)

Mad_Bombardier
02-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Silly question, but have you picked up all your end rewards for the 5 flagging quests?

Rambin
02-10-2008, 05:50 PM
please read the first post. your question is already answered there. Quote: After trying everything I could think of to do (Checked to make sure I had picked up all of my end rewards, ran to every NPC involved with the quest multiple times to make sure I had talked to everyone.) :Endquote

Vinos
02-10-2008, 06:00 PM
To put it frankly the GM's stink for the most part. Sure if you need something to spawn or something simple then it's no problem but in cases like yours and mine(1/2 my bank inventory is gone) they are about as worthless as a level 1 rogue running the Abbot. Less even.

lostinjapan
02-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Two completely different experiences for me concerning this raid.

Episode one. When I was flagging my rogue, one of the stones disappeared out of my backpack. No, I didn't delete it, no, it wasn't in my ingredients bag or in my bank account. Assist put in, easily verifiable that I'd completed the quest and the GM would not replace it.
-- which directly conflicts with the time they replaced my titan sigil that disappeared on my sorcerer. Considering that this isn't the first/only time things have disappeared on my characters...and considering I'm not the only person who has had items simply disappear, to refuse to replace a stone when it was -easily- verifiable that I'd completed the quest was ludicrous. It's not like you can give the stones away.

Episode two. Was one of the unfortunate people to get a character (my cleric) locked out from the raid while the reset on it was bugged. Assisted, GM responded quickly and moved me into senior GM queue. Within 30 minutes of placing my assist request Sparker had reset my raid.

Episode two is a perfect example of how customer service -should- be.

Rambin
02-10-2008, 06:19 PM
I had informed the GM that responded to me that I would need a Senior GM to be able to fix mine, and he would not get a Senior GM for me. Instead he closed out my ticket and told me I had to complete the quests. I have completed each of the quests at least twice. I have made a green steel longbow for my rogue, and another longbow for my lvl 8 ranger. This GM could not understand that if i have completed everything that the quest involves (multiple times) and the quest is still not updated that it has to be bugged. I am just wanting for a GM to help me get my quest unbugged so I can raid with my guild.

lostinjapan
02-10-2008, 06:25 PM
I had informed the GM that responded to me that I would need a Senior GM to be able to fix mine, and he would not get a Senior GM for me. Instead he closed out my ticket and told me I had to complete the quests. I have completed each of the quests at least twice. I have made a green steel longbow for my rogue, and another longbow for my lvl 8 ranger. This GM could not understand that if i have completed everything that the quest involves (multiple times) and the quest is still not updated that it has to be bugged. I am just wanting for a GM to help me get my quest unbugged so I can raid with my guild.

I would suggest you demand a senior GM next time and if they refuse, write an email to support directly. Obviously the first line GM is not able to help you.

Pecky
02-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Honestly, Turbine and Turbine's American customer service staff should be EMBARRASSED by the level of incompetence shown by these low-paid Tier 1 GMs.

I can imagine that Sparker and some of the other Tier 2 GMs have nightmares by what is reported from players. Quite frankly I wish Turbine would spend a little bit more money and atleast get some english speaking GMs.

Sparker
02-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Please submit a help request and ask for a Senior GM so that we can check your quest data to be sure all 5 of the pre-raid quests are marked as complete for you. I have seen several cases where a quest was not marked as complete in a players quest data, yet they did have all of the required stones and favor for each of the quests.

If this is the case (which it sounds like it very well may be) a Senior GM can tell you exactly what quest is causing the problems for you.

I have 2 characters that I have been doing the flagging for the Shroud with. On my Wizard everything went fine, but with the flagging on my rogue I have done everything that was done on my wizard and the Vale of Twilight quest will not advance for my rogue. I had been told by some of my guild members that they knew of others that had the same issue and had to have a Senior GM come to fix it. After trying everything I could think of to do (Checked to make sure I had picked up all of my end rewards, ran to every NPC involved with the quest multiple times to make sure I had talked to everyone.) and nothing worked to advance the quest. I finally decided to put in a ticket to get a GM to help me get my bugged quest fixed after I had tried for about a week to fix it on my own. A GM by the name of Davtumal responded. Below is the complete text of our conversation.

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Hello, I am a Game Master for Dungeons & Dragons Online In-Game Support. Please give me a moment while I research your issue. I will be with you momentarily. You can reply to my messages by typing /r and entering your message.'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have completed all 5 of the quests in the Vale and have completed the Eldritch Device Tutorial where I combined my stone fragments. After all of that Aaseamah still tells me there are more members of the party to be found'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, please provide me the status of your all the pre-requisite quest from your Quest Journal?

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'For the vale of twilight in the journal it has me listed on Chapter 1: The Missing'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, I would like to inform you that the status of your all the pre-requisite quest must be completed in order to get into the Raid quest. '

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have done all 5 of the quests and have combined the 5 stone fragements to make the signet, and have even made a green steel longbow from them'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have done all of the same stuff that I did on my Wizard and my Wizard is flagged.'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, I can understand your issue. But, you will need to please complete the quest which is showing in-complete in your Quest Journal in order to get into the Raid quest. '

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'the quest should have been marked as complete when the 5 vale quests were completed'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'some others that I know in the game had the same issue and they said a Senior GM had to come fix it for them'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, please let me know if you have already completed the Raid quest and now you are unable to re-enter in the Raid quest.'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have not been able to get in the raid after going through all of the flagging requirements'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, have you completed this raid already and you are unable to repeat it?'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'no, I have never been able to get into the raid for the first time'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, then you will need to complete the pre-requisite quest first which is showing in-complete in your quest Journal in order to get into the Raid quest. However, there is nothing more which can be done in this issue. '

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have already told you, I have completed everything that that quest involves. the quest did not update'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'It may be possible that you have not collected your end reward of any pre-requisite quest from the quest giver NPC after completion of your quest,

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I have checked that, and I have ran to all of the NPC's involved in the quest multiple times to make sure I had talked to everyone I needed to'

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Rambin, I would like to inform you again that the status of your all the pre-requisite quest must be completed in order to get into the Raid quest. So, please complete your quest which is showing in-complete in your Quest Journal. However, there is nothing which can be done in this issue at the moment. '

(Tell): Davtumal tells you, 'Your help request is now resolved. As a result of the request being closed the Game Master you were speaking to is unable to receive any further messages from you through this request. If you need to contact us again, please submit a new help request. Thank you for contacting Dungeons & Dragons Online In-Game Support.'

(Tell): You tell Davtumal, 'I want to inform you again that all 5 of the quests have been completed. I have done everything involved in the flagging. The quest did not update somewhere

<no more response from Davtumal and when I went to track my ticket it had been closed out>

Favor Log for those quests reads:

Ritual Sacrifice 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
Running with the Devils 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
Let Sleeping Dust Lie 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
The Coalescence Chamber 16 Party The Twelve Normal 8
Rainbow in the Dark 16 Party The Twelve Hard 16

Had completed the Eldrich Device Tutorial and combined the 5 stone fragments about a week before this conversation took place. Quest will still not update. I still need to get this issue resolved so if anyone knows of anything else that can me done, please help me. I can't really speak for all the GM's but Davtumal really didn't seem to care or just didn't know what he was doing.

Kraldor
02-11-2008, 04:48 PM

If you made a Green Steel Weapon, It's possible you used the signet stone (it disappears after crafting) before you updated that part of the flagging process. You might need to make a new one with a full set of Shavarath Stones and then talk to Aaseamah and/or Valairea with it in your inventory (not your ingredients bag)

isldur
02-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I have used the signet stone to make a green steel longbow. this should not matter since I have made an item from my wizards signet too and get into the raid fine with her, and before I put in the ticket I spent a week checking every part of the flagging process to make sure everything had been completed correctly. I have completed everything, I have checked, rechecked and the checked it all a few more times. I am certain that nothing is missing. I have another character that is raid flagged and has raided several times and have done less on her to get flagged than I have had to do on my Rogue. On my rogue I have completed everything that my wizard has done and more, but it still will not advance the quest for my rogue. ( I have already run all 5 quests at least twice on my rogue, more than twice for some of the quests)

I think that might be your bug. Did you talk to the raid guy with the wizard before making your blank. I think that you may have done that with your wiz, but not your rogue. He atleast saw the signet on your wizard, but not your rogue. Does that seem possible to you?

I know this doesn't help the in game gms, but I really don't think they speak english very well.