PDA

View Full Version : Some small forum changes!

Quarion
02-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Hello all,

I just wanted to bring to your attention some small changes we've made to the forums today.

The "More Forums" section has been moved into the "Player to Player" section, as all of the forums in there, simply were meant for player to player communication anyway, and having a separate category was a little redundant.

The biggest changes you'll find, however, are the two new forums!!

Crafting Discussion (http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158) - Talk about crafting here. If you would like to share your recipes, be sure to post them in the "User Written Game Guides" forum too!

and UI Skinning Discussion (http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)- This forum is for the discussion of customizing your game UI. For UI Skin listings and guides and to upload your skins, visitwww.lotrointerface.com's DDO section! (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/index.php?)

Both of these are by request of the community, and I expect lots of activity in them :)

Enjoy!
-Quarion

Borror0
02-08-2008, 05:58 PM
What's the point of Crafting forums? I just don't get it... Example of what would be posted there?

Shima-ra
02-08-2008, 06:36 PM
There is already alot of posts about crafting.
Too much for just one thread.
A forum for it would help organize it all.
I like the idea

Drider
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
What's the point of Crafting forums? I just don't get it... Example of what would be posted there?

Umm because there will be more then just this crafting with raid loot. There is more coming.

GoldyGopher
02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Could we also get a forum for Solo Play under the Class Discussion?

Aspenor
02-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks Q :)

Borror0
02-08-2008, 08:47 PM
There is already alot of posts about crafting.
Too much for just one thread.

Well, you'll be happy, there is more than one thread. mor liek 3 or 4, makes it a pain to gather.

Umm because there will be more then just this crafting with raid loot. There is more coming.

I don't see the point, they will be reported in the right thread and then... that's it. I don't see us discussing about how much we like so and so recipe... Maybe if someoen would igve me an example of what kind of discussions would occur here...?

Drider
02-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I don't see the point, they will be reported in the right thread and then... that's it. I don't see us discussing about how much we like so and so recipe... Maybe if someoen would igve me an example of what kind of discussions would occur here...?

Once again... there will be more then just this crafting. We won't know the scope of it til it fully hits. I used to craft in SWG and the Weaponsmith and Armorsmith forums were very busy. The forum will be a place to discuss more then just recipes. What we have now is just a prototype and it is bascially being just filled out by most of the power players as it is the formation of raid loot. The other types of crafting should be more available to the public and there will be more people taking part in that discussion.

Casnar
02-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Heres a thought for you. Instead of new skins why not get some add ons out like hmmm a mp3 player. New emotes with voice. There is a ton of stuff you could do instead of just changing the look. Put something out for people to write code for add ons you dont have to do it.

Casnar