PDA

View Full Version : Major Problems with Mod 6

Druantia
02-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Hi All, Just wanted to know if anyone is experiencing the same issues I am having. I was able to run a couple of quests two days after the mod dropped. So two nights ago I log on and my toons can't talk to npcs, enter quests, open doors, access mail, buy from taverns etc. It seems that when I double click to interact, nothing happens. I tried the suggestions regarding firewalls, and ports, but still nothing! I even reinstalled and I am having the same issue. If anyone can help me that would be great!
Thanks!

GlassCannon
02-07-2008, 02:31 AM
Targetting gets broken(teleporting and skeleton-changing/shapeshifting monsters break the hell out of it),

lag spikes that should not happen do inexplicably, the server replaces your character at random 2-3 seconds behind where you were and reimburses items you used during that time, but you still take damage for those seconds lost...

Raise Dead and Resurrection dialog boxes disappear at random,

Ranged Combat is lagging so much with the Ranger's Standard(Improved Precise Shot) that the shots actually lag a full second or more and most don't even make it anywhere near the target that you technically just shot in the face...

Items bug on-equip for the duration of an instance

Feats/enhances in certain areas go haywire and to-hit becomes almost random...

Spells that should have a save don't and are used repeatedly by enemies in instances

DC's on traps(not disable, just saving against it) are inflated multiplicatively instead of by an integer(maybe even factorially)...

Damage on traps is the same way and the suggested implementation was ignored....

AC is apparently meaningless again...

oh sorry... what bugs have you been experiencing? Gaming has been perfect over here.

MrWizard
02-07-2008, 02:34 AM
a lot of screen freeze..especially when interacting (even using examine).

die a lot from the lag for sure..

Jhoran
02-07-2008, 08:46 AM
i've played a lot since the new mod; and have experience only a little lag (coalescence chamber due to massive amounts of mobs).

but last night with a few minutes to kill; i logged in and ran thru waterworks on my lowbie. i was solo and had 2 cases of 20-30 seconds of complete lock up...

it was wierd as i almost never lag

tihocan
02-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi All, Just wanted to know if anyone is experiencing the same issues I am having. I was able to run a couple of quests two days after the mod dropped. So two nights ago I log on and my toons can't talk to npcs, enter quests, open doors, access mail, buy from taverns etc. It seems that when I double click to interact, nothing happens. I tried the suggestions regarding firewalls, and ports, but still nothing! I even reinstalled and I am having the same issue. If anyone can help me that would be great!
Thanks!
What happens when you hit the "use" key? (I can't remember what the default is, check your key bindings)

In_Like_Flynn
02-07-2008, 09:41 AM
What happens when you hit the "use" key? (I can't remember what the default is, check your key bindings)Yes, I've had to use the "U" key (which I have remapped to "=") to overcome this problem several times.

Druantia
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey Guys, just wanted to thank you for getting back to me. I did try the u key and still the same issue. I even reinstalled and nothing. I am going to wait for the patch today to be complete and try again. This is so frustrating! I was fine with the whole mod update for 2 days until things went haywire! thanks again!

D

Oreg
02-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Have the same issue very rarely. Interesting side note : I first noticed it a few weeks prior to the patch in Zawabi's. The caravan woman that ports you back to House P. So I am not entirely sure it was a patch thing.

Heladron
02-07-2008, 11:16 AM
What OS are all of you using?

I'm using XP and have not experienced anything except for the lag spikes that occur from time to time. That is really the only bad thing I've had happen and it's a pain when the monsters get the upper hand while we lag out. :mad:

Druantia
02-07-2008, 11:17 AM
windows xp

tihocan
02-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey Guys, just wanted to thank you for getting back to me. I did try the u key and still the same issue. I even reinstalled and nothing. I am going to wait for the patch today to be complete and try again. This is so frustrating! I was fine with the whole mod update for 2 days until things went haywire! thanks again!

D
Have you searched the knowledge base and contacted tech support? (warning: last time I checked, the tech support contact page was very well hidden)

Druantia
02-07-2008, 11:24 AM
OK i had to re do my key mapping!!!! YAY!

tihocan
02-07-2008, 11:47 AM
OK i had to re do my key mapping!!!! YAY!
lmao :D