PDA

View Full Version : Power Shard Eldritch Device Raid Upgrading!

Dimz
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
For most players, even myself the raid eldritch device affects are still a bit of a mystery! The best we can do is keep trying different combinations to see what works! As most people I have found the good, the bad, and the ugly effects. This post is to be used as a helpful source of information and for others to make their dream items from the original creator's mistakes! So thank all those players who devoted a whole bunch of farming hours for your benefits! :D

First of all, you must have already made a green steel item/weapon. This is achieved by:
1)Beating all 5 main quests in the Vale.
2)End the tutorial for the Eldritch Device in Meridia. (Combining the 5 Items first, then Shavarath Stones)
3)Combine Tier 1 Green Steel Ingredients to make Tier 2 Green Steel Ingredients.
4)Lastly, Combining your Full Signet Stone, Power orb, 3 Different Tier 2 Green Steel Ingredients. (Taper,Jewel/Scarab,Balm/Oil)

To upgrade any item in the Altars. You need to:
1)Make the tier 2 ingredient for that altar.
2)Mix the 3 tier 2 ingredients with a Power orb fit for that altar, and the power shard for that altar.
3)Mix a power orb, your green steel item, and the power shard you created.
4)Enjoy your upgrade and do not forget to post results here!

For Further Help Please Visit:
Known Recipes - Tier 2 Ingredients (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=133153)
Eldritch Device Cookbook (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=132855)
An Official Beginner's Guide (http://www.ddo.com/articles/945)
DDO Wiki (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Altar_of_Subjugation_-_Tier_2_-_Green_Steel_Item_Recipes)

Dimz
02-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Tier 1 Small Ingredients
Small Glowing Arrowheads
Small Gnawed Bones
Small Length of Infernal Chain
Small Devil Scales
Small Twisted Shrapnel
Small Sulphorus Stone

Shavarath Low Energy Cell (Used to power this Device)
Shard of Power

Tier 2 Small Ingredients
Inferior Focus of Fire: Scale,Bones,Shrapnel,Arrowhead, Shavarath Low Enery cell
Inferior Focus of Air: Arrowhead, Shrapnel, Stone, Bone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
Inferior Focus of Positive Energy: Bone, Stone, Arrowhead, Scales, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
Inferior Focus of Water: Chain, Bone, Arrow, Scale, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
Inferior Focus of Negative Energy: Chain, Arrow, Shrapnel, Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
Inferior Focus of Earth: Shrapnel, Arrowhead, Chain, Bone, Shavarath Low Enery Cell

Diluted Material Essence: Shrapnel,Arrowhead,Stone,Scales, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
Diluted Ethereal Essence: Chain,Arrow,Scale, Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell

Cloudy Gem of Opposition: Chain,Bone,Scale,Stone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
Cloudy Gem of Dominion: Chain,Shrapnel,Scales,Bone, Shavarath Low Energy Cell
Cloudy Gem of Escalation: Chain, Shrapnel, Scales, Stone, Shavarath Low Enery Cell

Known Effects
Weapon Effects:

Frost + Water Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Water, Cloudy Gem of Dominion
Unholy + Negative Energy Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Negative Energy, Cloudy Gem of Dominion
Holy + Positive Energy Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Positive Energy, Cloudy Gem of Dominion
Flaming + Fire Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Fire, Cloudy Gem of Dominion
Acid + Earth Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Earth, Cloudy Gem of Dominion
Shock + Air Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Air, Cloudy Gem of Dominion

Constitution +6 + Affinity to Earth - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Earth, Clouded Gem Escalation
Dexterity +6 + Affinity to Air - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Air, Clouded Gem Escalation
Strength +6 + Affinity to Fire - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Fire, Clouded Gem Escalation
Charisma +6 + Positive Energy Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence. Inferior Focus of Positive Energy, Clouded Gem of Escalation
Wisdom +6 + Affinity to Earth - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Earth, Clouded Gem Escalation
Intelligence +6 + Negative Energy Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Negative Energy, Clouded Gem Escalation

Negative Energy Absorbtion 15% + Negative Energy Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Negative Focus of Positive, Clouded Gem of Opposition
Positive? Energy Absorbtion 15% + Positive Energy Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Positive, Clouded Gem of Opposition
Fire? Absorbtion 15% + Fire Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Fire, Clouded Gem of Opposition
Ice? Absorbtion 15% + Water Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Water, Clouded Gem of Opposition
Electricity? Absorbtion 15% + Air Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Air, Clouded Gem of Opposition
Acid/Sonic? Absorbtion 15% + Fire Affinity - Diluted Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Earth, Clouded Gem of Opposition

+1 Insight Bonus to AC + Possitive Energy Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Positive Energy, Clouded Gem of Opposition
???? + Negative Energy Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Negative Energy, Clouded Gem of Opposition
???? + Fire Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Fire, Clouded Gem of Opposition
???? + Earth Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Earth, Clouded Gem of Opposition
???? + Air Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Air, Clouded Gem of Opposition
???? + Water Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Water, Clouded Gem of Opposition

Item/Clothin/Jewelry Effects:

Lesser Regeneration + Positive Energy Affinity - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Positive Energy, Cloudy Gem of Opposition

Elemental Energy (+10 Hp Stackable) + Constitution Skills +1 + Earth Affinity - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Earth, Clouded Gem of Escalation (Worked on Helmet)
Elemental Energy (+10 Hp Stackable) + Constitution Skills +1 + Positive Energy Affinity - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Positive Energy, Gem of Escalation (Worked on Bracers)

Wizadry 6 + Charisma Skills +1 + Possitive Energy Affinity - Diluted Etheral Essence, Inferior Focus of Positive Energy, Clouded Gem of Escalation

Will Save +5 + Possitive Energy Affinity - Diluted Ethreal Essence, Inferior Focus of Positive Energy, Clouded Gem of Opposition

30 Fire Resist + Fire Affinity - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Fire, Cloudy Gem of Opposition

Void Lore + Negative Energy Affinity - Diluted Ethreal Essence, Inferior Focus of Negative Energy, Clouded Gem of Dominion

Dimz
02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Tier 1 Medium Ingredients
Medium Glowing Arrowheads
Medium Gnawed Bones
Medium Length of Infernal Chain
Medium Devil Scales
Medium Twisted Shrapnel
Medium Sulphorus Stone

Shard of Great Power
Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Depleted Shavarath Medium Energy Cell (Add a Weapon with a Modifier +6 or Greater and this Cell to make a Shavarath Medium Energy Cell)

Tier 2 Medium Ingredients
Focus of Fire: Scale,Bones,Shrapnel,Arrowhead, Shavarath Medium Enery cell
Focus of Air: Arrowhead, Shrapnel, Stone, Bone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Focus of Positive Energy: Bone, Stone, Arrowhead, Scales, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Focus of Water: Chain, Bone, Arrow, Scale, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Focus of Negative Energy: Chain, Arrow, Shrapnel, Stone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Focus of Earth: Shrapnel, Arrowhead, Chain, Bone, Shavarath Medium Enery Cell

Material Essence: Shrapnel,Arrowhead,Stone,Scales, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Ethereal Essence: Chain,Arrow,Scale, Stone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell

Gem of Opposition: Chain,Bone,Scale,Stone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Gem of Dominion: Chain,Shrapnel,Scales,Bone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Gem of Escalation: Chain, Shrapnel, Scales, Stone, Shavarath Medium Enery Cell

Note: All upgrades listed are if you do the same at tier 1. Example: Same ingredients of Holy with small ingredients and then same ingredients of Holy with medium ingredients! All other upgrades/mixtures will be posted by other users. I am following a pure mix guide.

Known Effects
Weapon Effects:

Icy Burst + Aspect of Water + 3 Charges of Cure Light Wounds - Material Esscence, Focus of Water, Gem of Dominion
Evil Burst + Aspect of Negative Energy + 3 Charges of Symbol of Weakness - Material Esscence, Inferior Focus of Negative Energy, Gem of Dominion
Good Burst + Aspect of Positive Energy + 1 Charge of True Ressurection - Material Esscence, Focus of Positive Energy, Gem of Dominion
Flaming Burst + Aspect of Fire + 3 Charges of Delayed Blast Fireball - Material Esscence, Focus of Fire, Gem of Dominion
Acid Burst + Aspect of Earth + 3 Charges of Summon Dense Earth Elemental - Material Esscence, Focus of Earth, Gem of Dominion
Shocking Burst + Aspect of Air + 3 Charges of Haste (Caster Level 16) - Material Esscence, Focus of Air, Gem of Dominion

Exceptional Constitution +1 + Aspect of Earth + 3 Charges of Summon Dense Earth Elemental - Material Essence, Focus of Earth, Gem Escalation
Exceptional Dexterity +1 + Aspect of Air + 3 Charges of Haste - Material Essence, Focus of Air, Gem Escalation
Exceptional Charisma +1 + Aspect of Positive Energy + 1 Charge of True Ressurection- Etheral Essence. Focus of Positive Energy, Gem of Escalation
Exceptional Wisdom +1 + Aspect of Earth + 3 Charges of Summon Dense Earth Elemental - Etheral Essence, Focus of Earth, Gem Escalation
Exceptional Intelligence +1 + Negative Energy Affinity + 3 Charges of Symbol of Weakness - Etheral Essence, Focus of Negative Energy, Gem Escalation

Item/Clothin/Jewelry Effects:

+50 Stacking Spell Points + Charisma Skills +2 + Aspect of Possitive Energy + 1 Charge of True Ressurection - Etheral Essence, Focus of Positive Energy, Gem of Escalation

+5 more Fire Resist + Aspect of Fire + 3 Charges of Delayed Blast Fireball - Material Essence, Focus of Fire, Gem of Opposition

Other Effects:
These are effects that when mixed together the results listed show up!

Tempered: Weapon has more hardness and durability and also gives you- +10 Concentration,+7 Intimidate, +7 Repair - Occured when Water Focus (first upgrade, Frost) was mixed with Fire Focus (second upgrade, Flaming Burst)! Example (http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/megatonsamurai/Antipode.jpg)

Existential Stalemate: +6 Wisdom, +10 Haggle, +10 Diplomacy - Occured when Positive Focus (first upgrade, Holy) was mixed with Negative Focus (second upgrade, Evil Burst)! Example (http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/rexadams101/khopesh.jpg)

Dimz
02-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Tier 1 Large Ingredients
Large Glowing Arrowheads
Large Gnawed Bones
Large Length of Infernal Chain
Large Devil Scales
Large Twisted Shrapnel
Large Sulphorus Stone

Shavarath High Energy Cell (Used to power this Device)
Depleted Shavarath High Energy Cell (Add a Weapon with a Modifier +6 or Greater and this Cell to make a Shavarath High Energy Cell)
Shard of Supreme Power

Tier 2 Large Ingredients
Superior Focus of Fire: Scale,Bones,Shrapnel,Arrowhead, Shavarath Medium Enery cell
Superior Focus of Air: Arrowhead, Shrapnel, Stone, Bone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Superior Focus of Positive Energy: Bone, Stone, Arrowhead, Scales, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Superior Focus of Water: Chain, Bone, Arrow, Scale, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Superior Focus of Negative Energy: Chain, Arrow, Shrapnel, Stone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Superior Focus of Earth: Shrapnel, Arrowhead, Chain, Bone, Shavarath Medium Enery Cell

Pure Material Essence: Shrapnel,Arrowhead,Stone,Scales, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Pure Ethereal Essence: Chain,Arrow,Scale, Stone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell

Flawless Gem of Opposition: Chain,Bone,Scale,Stone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Flawless Gem of Dominion: Chain,Shrapnel,Scales,Bone, Shavarath Medium Energy Cell
Flawless Gem of Escalation: Chain, Shrapnel, Scales, Stone, Shavarath Medium Enery Cell

Oreg
02-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Anything new that you will be covering that the other two threads don't or won't?

Just curious if i need to start keeping an eye on all 3.

Kire
02-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Anything new that you will be covering that the other two threads don't or won't?

The big problem is that those threads dont update enough so one thread will have certain information that the other wont have so you have to keep switching back and forth between the two.

This thread will show ALL the upgrades for raid items (once its complete).

~Kire

Dimz
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM

Yep, I have just started this thread. I am updating now slowly but surely should be up and running in about a hour or so!

Impaqt
02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I'd like to know which Changing device can do what..... The Device int eh Twelve and By the Harbor bank can Only Bind and adamantine stuff right?

The Device inMeridia is where you can take your basic ingrediancts and mke them Tier 2?

The devce at the end of the first part of the raid takes the Tier 2 Stuff and makes em Tier 3?

after that?

What energy cells are needed? WHere can I recharge the energy cells?

Great work so far.. I think I know the answers to all these questions, but would rather have someone who does indeed kinow cofirm.

Oreg
02-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Yep, I have just started this thread. I am updating now slowly but surely should be up and running in about a hour or so!

cool cool

Consider me subscribed. I am fascinated by this whole "crafting" system and more info, as long as it is precise, is good.

Dimz
02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
cool cool

Consider me subscribed. I am fascinated by this whole "crafting" system and more info, as long as it is precise, is good.

Yep and all information is marked with a NOT CONFIRMED symbol till further notice... Everything else is ATM legit!

Dimz
02-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I'd like to know which Changing device can do what..... The Device int eh Twelve and By the Harbor bank can Only Bind and adamantine stuff right?

The Device inMeridia is where you can take your basic ingrediancts and mke them Tier 2?

The devce at the end of the first part of the raid takes the Tier 2 Stuff and makes em Tier 3?

after that?

What energy cells are needed? WHere can I recharge the energy cells?

Great work so far.. I think I know the answers to all these questions, but would rather have someone who does indeed kinow cofirm.

The Twelve:
Adamantine Ritual
Ritual of Binding

Meridia:
Combines your Shavarath Stones (1 main one from each quest) to Make a Complete Signet
Allows your to mix tier 1 ingredients from quests/vale to make tier 2 ingredients. (Tier 1 EX: Funk,Lillies,Greenbriar Twigs.) (Tier 2 EX: Wondrous Balm, Red Taper, Ore of Travail)
Allows you to mix 3 tier 2 ingredients, power orb, and signet stone to make a green steel item! (More information if needed VIA PM!)

Altar of Invasion: (Altar/Eldritch Device after Part 1 in raid)
Allows you to mix tier 1 small ingredients to make tier 2 small ones!
First upgrade to weapon or item.

Altar of Subjugation: (Altar/Eldritch Device after Part 3 in raid)
Allows you to mix tier 1 medium ingredients to make tier 2 medium ones!
Second upgrade to weapon or item.

Altar of Devestation: (Altar/Eldritch Device after beating the raid)
Allows you to mix tier 1 large ingredients to make tier 2 large ones!
Final upgrade to weapon or item.

sincerely,
Dimz

Impaqt
02-06-2008, 01:37 PM
The Twelve:
Adamantine Ritual
Ritual of Binding

Meridia:
Combines your Shavarath Stones (1 main one from each quest) to Make a Complete Signet
Allows your to mix tier 1 ingredients from quests/vale to make tier 2 ingredients. (Tier 1 EX: Funk,Lillies,Greenbriar Twigs.) (Tier 2 EX: Wondrous Balm, Red Taper, Ore of Travail)
Allows you to mix 3 tier 2 ingredients, power orb, and signet stone to make a green steel item! (More information if needed VIA PM!)

Altar of Invasion: (Altar/Eldritch Device after Part 1 in raid)
Allows you to mix tier 1 small ingredients to make tier 2 small ones!
First upgrade to weapon or item.

Altar of Subjugation: (Altar/Eldritch Device after Part 3 in raid)
Allows you to mix tier 1 medium ingredients to make tier 2 medium ones!
Second upgrade to weapon or item.

Altar of Devestation: (Altar/Eldritch Device after beating the raid)
Allows you to mix tier 1 medium ingredients to make tier 2 large ones!
Final upgrade to weapon or item.

sincerely,
Dimz

See, I was wrong.. You can make your Green Steel Weapon at the device in Meridia! Cool, gotta get to work on this sooner than later I guess...

How about charging the Depleted Energy Cells?

In-Raid Devices I've Figured Out...

FIrst Alter combine the Depeted energy cell with a +6-+7 Weapon to charge it?

Oreg
02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
PM sent to you Dimz. Quick Questions(s).

Thanks

LargusMeans
02-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Anyone have any ideas about the med. and large splintered horns yet? Or are they just duds that have no use and take away from your odds of actually getting a proper ingredient?

Cheers

Dimz
02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
Anyone have any ideas about the med. and large splintered horns yet? Or are they just duds that have no use and take away from your odds of actually getting a proper ingredient?

Cheers

I have pulled 2 so far, and to the best of my knowledge they do nothing YET.

Petro
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Dim it's Petro. Wanted to try and add a Holy effect to my green steel longsword tonight just want to see what you think of this as it is unconfirmed by any source here on the forums.

parts list
Cloudy Gem of Domination + Diluted Material Essence + Inferior Focus of Positive energy + Low energy cell + Shard of power = Imbued shard of power

Step 2:
Low energy cell + Imbued Shard + Green steel longsword = ???? /crosses fingers +5 holy green steel longsword? UNCONFIRMED

am I getting this right? has this been tried already?

Velorn
02-06-2008, 02:20 PM

Cheers

They are used for recipes at raid alters. The medium is used to make Tier 2 ingredients for recipes at the Altar of Subjucation (Level 2 upgrade). The large ones are used to make Tier 2 ingredients for recipes at the Altar of Devastation (Final upgrade when you beat raid). Although these items are not mentioned in the recipes so far other than in Ingredients used...I'd assume it's because nobody's got that far yet??

LargusMeans
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
They are used for recipes at raid alters. The medium is used to make Tier 2 ingredients for recipes at the Altar of Subjucation (Level 2 upgrade). The large ones are used to make Tier 2 ingredients for recipes at the Altar of Devastation (Final upgrade when you beat raid). Although these items are not mentioned in the recipes so far other than in Ingredients used...I'd assume it's because nobody's got that far yet??

They dont even go into the altars, have tried, even though it says that it is attuned to that altar. So something is wrong with them.

Velorn
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
They dont even go into the altars, have tried, even though it says that it is attuned to that altar. So something is wrong with them.

Ya...it appears that the horns are bugged.

Dimz
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey Dim it's Petro. Wanted to try and add a Holy effect to my green steel longsword tonight just want to see what you think of this as it is unconfirmed by any source here on the forums.

parts list
Cloudy Gem of Domination + Diluted Material Essence + Inferior Focus of Positive energy + Low energy cell + Shard of power = Imbued shard of power

Step 2:
Low energy cell + Imbued Shard + Green steel longsword = ???? /crosses fingers +5 holy green steel longsword? UNCONFIRMED

am I getting this right? has this been tried already?

Should add Holy! I mispelled some stuff up above but i did make this thread really quick, going back to fix errors! Please let me know of you results with screenshot if possible!

Dimz
02-06-2008, 02:32 PM
Ya...it appears that the horns are bugged.

Not bugged, just prolly a piece of garbage to sell!

Petro
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Should add Holy! I mispelled some stuff up above but i did make this thread really quick, going back to fix errors! Please let me know of you results with screenshot if possible!

will do

Dimz
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Any other information or screenshots you have please send to me via PM!

Dimz
02-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Will keep you guys posted in this thread post right here!

(Standard): Altar of Invasion success with Shavarath Transformation! Consumed: Shard of Power, Shavarath Low Energy Cell. Created: +5 Green Steel Greatsword. +5 Green Steel Greatsword becomes +5 Holy Green Steel Greatsword.

My Theory is Proven for the weapon affects! Have fun!

+5 Holy Green Steel Greatsword (http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/ddodim/ScreenShot00234.jpg)

(Standard): Altar of Subjugation success with Shavarath Transformation! Consumed: Shavarath Medium Energy Cell, Shard of Great Power. Created: +5 Holy Green Steel Greatsword. +5 Holy Green Steel Greatsword becomes +5 Great Commander Green Steel Greatsword.

+5 Greater Commander Green Steel Greatsword (http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/ddodim/ScreenShot00236.jpg)

Cambo
02-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Note: For the next upgrade to be possible, you must have done the same ingredients with the Altar of Invasion. Otherwise the 2nd upgrade will be the same as first upgrade would be. Example:
+5 Green Steel Khopesh, +5 Frost with Water Affinity, Holy with Positive Energy Affinity.

Is this confirmed that the second upgrade wipes the first upgrade unless it is the same shard recipe...(except medium vs small)

Dimz
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
[FONT=Arial]Is this confirmed that the second upgrade wipes the first upgrade unless it is the same shard recipe...(except medium vs small)

I never said wipe =). Example:

1st Upgrade example: Holy, Positive Energy Affinity
2nd Upgrade example: Pure Good Burst, Aspect of Positive Energy, 1 Clicky of True Ressurection
3rd Upgrade example: Holy, Puregood Burst, Aspect of Postive Energy, 1 Clicky of True Ressurection ALSO Flaming, Fire Affinity

Edit: Made some bad information!

Spisey
02-06-2008, 11:01 PM
Gimme heavy pick and unholy burst for pvp :)

Dimz
02-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Updated weapon at Subjugation Alter! Look on my post in page 2!

Cambo
02-07-2008, 12:20 AM

1st Upgrade: Holy
2nd Upgrade: Holy Burst
3rd Upgrade: Holy burst AND Flaming

Okay thanks...

Petro
02-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Didn't get as far as you did but here it is:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/sjmccabe99/ScreenShot00012.jpg

only need a couple more ingredients for next upgrade

Step 1:

Step 2:
Low energy cell + Imbued Shard + Green steel longsword = +5 holy green steel longsword CONFIRMED

BTW...don't know if this matters or not but I did not bind the longsword. It was an unbound item until I mixed it with the imbued shard

Dimz
02-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Many upgrades coming tomorrow! HUGE ones!

Hemo
02-07-2008, 05:14 AM

1st Upgrade: Holy
2nd Upgrade: Holy Burst
3rd Upgrade: Holy burst AND Flaming

I find it easier when I describe a shard imbuement, to just say PDM (Positive+Dominion+Material). Letters are in order of weight, 6+3+2, (ie. pos/neg/air/earth/fire/water + dom/esc/opp + eth/mat). Just seems more convenient.

According to 'confirmed' recipes:
A low PDM on a weapon yields Holy.
A medium PDM on a weapon yields Pure Good Burst + 1 true res.

Doesn't make much sense, seems like a downgrade (in terms of damage only) unless it crits.. and unless it stacks! (that is, holy + pure good burst, which is likely the case)

Also, medium PEE to a weapon adds (only) 1 true res.. likely because both low and medium are positive affinity & positive aspect.. regardless of any gem or essence, though both low & medium need to be the same in order to apply the medium. (both PEE, or both PDM, or both POE, etc)

Also u mentioned in an above reply about the altar of devastation, "Allows you to mix tier 1 medium ingredients to make tier 2 large ones!" Please update that to read "... tier 1 large ingredients ..."

I made a much longer post in the Eldritch Rituals Cookbook I would like u to examine.
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1549829&postcount=270

joeuhuh
02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
if u look at item pic it has holy and good burst and if u read the good burst description it says does d6 good dmg agaisnt any non good and critdmg against evil-- so its prety much holyburst and pure good its jsut weirdly worded-- go wahck something and see if it works this way

liamfrancais
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
cool greatsword bothe evil and good aligned. WoW my head hurts reading this and it is only two pages I will need to pay a crafter to make me something like the guy in bam or dragonscales crafters, give them something and they make you something.

Jaywade
02-07-2008, 11:15 AM
4)Lastly, Combining your Full Signet Stone, Power orb, 3 Different Tier 2 Green Steel Ingredients. (Taper,Jewel/Scarab,Balm/Oil)

questions about that one....got flagged . been in raid (pulled a p;ower shard which was neat ) made some tier 2 stuff already (viloet taper and wonder blam) but the Full signet stone I need to make my blank where does that come from or how do I get it?

Dimz
02-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I find it easier when I describe a shard imbuement, to just say PDM (Positive+Dominion+Material). Letters are in order of weight, 6+3+2, (ie. pos/neg/air/earth/fire/water + dom/esc/opp + eth/mat). Just seems more convenient.

According to 'confirmed' recipes:
A low PDM on a weapon yields Holy.
A medium PDM on a weapon yields Pure Good Burst + 1 true res.

Doesn't make much sense, seems like a downgrade (in terms of damage only) unless it crits.. and unless it stacks! (that is, holy + pure good burst, which is likely the case)

Also, medium PEE to a weapon adds (only) 1 true res.. likely because both low and medium are positive affinity & positive aspect.. regardless of any gem or essence, though both low & medium need to be the same in order to apply the medium. (both PEE, or both PDM, or both POE, etc)

Also u mentioned in an above reply about the altar of devastation, "Allows you to mix tier 1 medium ingredients to make tier 2 large ones!" Please update that to read "... tier 1 large ingredients ..."

I made a much longer post in the Eldritch Rituals Cookbook I would like u to examine.
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1549829&postcount=270

Yep I notice one/two of the above mistakes. When I wrote that.. I didn't know that two positive affects = Pure Good Burst.. Many would awesome Holy Burst out of two.

Dimz
02-07-2008, 01:21 PM

questions about that one....got flagged . been in raid (pulled a p;ower shard which was neat ) made some tier 2 stuff already (viloet taper and wonder blam) but the Full signet stone I need to make my blank where does that come from or how do I get it?

Full signet is made under meridia in that eldritch device. You put all of your Shavarath stones (1 from each of the 5 main quests). That makes your Full Signet stone its a white "piece of pie"!

Jaywade
02-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Full signet is made under meridia in that eldritch device. You put all of your Shavarath stones (1 from each of the 5 main quests). That makes your Full Signet stone its a white "piece of pie"!
cool maybe I have it then already gotta check

Hemo
02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Yep I notice one/two of the above mistakes. When I wrote that.. I didn't know that two positive affects = Pure Good Burst.. Many would awesome Holy Burst out of two.

Actually I indicated that two positive (affinity & aspect, that is, low & medium) regardelss of what Gem or Essence is used, will give you 1 clicky TRUE RESURRECTION.

The Holy + Pure Good Burst is a result ONLY of the PDM upgrade path.

So u read my post in the other thread? So u know that power cells can be bought near the Altar of Subjugation in Shroud?

Dimz
02-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Actually I indicated that two positive (affinity & aspect, that is, low & medium) regardelss of what Gem or Essence is used, will give you 1 clicky TRUE RESURRECTION.

The Holy + Pure Good Burst is a result ONLY of the PDM upgrade path.

So u read my post in the other thread? So u know that power cells can be bought near the Altar of Subjugation in Shroud?

LOL yeh I believe everyone who has beaten the raid would know that. Theres an undead vendor by the altar of full moons. Let you sell,repeair, and buy materials. Some of those materials being... Low energy orb, Depleted Medium and Large.

rimble
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e146/sjmccabe99/ScreenShot00012.jpg

It's interesting to note the base damage scaling.

The Greatsword posted earlier in this thread went from 2D6 (average 7), to 3D6 (average 10.5). That's a 50% increase in base damage.

This Longsword went from 1D8 (average 4.5), to 1D10 (average 5.5). That's a 22% increase in base damage.

This only stood out to me because when I heard base damage dice would be increasing I thought that they would use the weapon size chart from PnP. This chart says that both 2D6 and 1D12 (Greatswords, Greataxes, etc) become 3D6, and 1D8 (Longswords, etc) becomes 2D6.

Longsword (and maybe other weapons) base damage should scale better, 1D8 weapons should go to 2D6 as the PnP chart suggests.

Then, weapons with 1D8 base damage (average 4.5), would become 2D6 (average 7). That's a 55% increase in base damage, much more fair and accurate than the measly 22% increase (versus 50% increase) I'm seeing in these screenshots.

My apologies for the tangent, reposted in Dev Discussion so as not to overly derail this thread.

Dimz
02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
It's interesting to note the base damage scaling.

The Greatsword posted earlier in this thread went from 2D6 (average 7), to 3D6 (average 10.5). That's a 50% increase in base damage.

This Longsword went from 1D8 (average 4.5), to 1D10 (average 5.5). That's a 22% increase in base damage.

This only stood out to me because when I heard base damage dice would be increasing I thought that they would use the weapon size chart from PnP. This chart says that both 2D6 and 1D12 (Greatswords, Greataxes, etc) become 3D6, and 1D8 (Longswords, etc) becomes 2D6.

Longsword (and maybe other weapons) base damage should scale better, 1D8 weapons should go to 2D6 as the PnP chart suggests.

Then, weapons with 1D8 base damage (average 4.5), would become 2D6 (average 7). That's a 55% increase in base damage, much more fair and accurate than the measly 22% increase (versus 50% increase) I'm seeing in these screenshots.

My apologies for the tangent, reposted in Dev Discussion so as not to overly derail this thread.

Hehe, all green steel weapons have higher base damage! 3d6 for Greatsword when it was first made.

Petro
02-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Thinkin about going with a:

Etheral Essence + Negitive Focus + Oppositon Gem = no friggen clue

maybe on a set of bracers or somthin.

any speculations?

Cambo
02-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Thinkin about going with a:

Etheral Essence + Negitive Focus + Oppositon Gem = no friggen clue

maybe on a set of bracers or somthin.

any speculations?

On a waepon maybe - Life stealing ?? - Lesser Vamperism ??
On Equipment - ???

Dimz
02-07-2008, 06:36 PM
On a waepon maybe - Life stealing ?? - Lesser Vamperism ??
On Equipment - ???

Could be numerous amounts of things.. maybe something bad.. maybe something good. I have had my fair share of experiences so far with crafting.

Dimz
02-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Altar of Invasion post has been UPSIZED!!

Bloodyfury
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Had a guy in the raid yesterday who had this and was wondering what might be the rate of regeneration...?! :eek:

I don't really want to craft an useless Troll's Ring :p

How many HPs do you recover and in how much time?

Aranel12
02-08-2008, 04:51 PM
hey dimz i'm going to do some crafting to just will post my findings on the stuff since there will be nothing else to do.

Dimz
02-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Had a guy in the raid yesterday who had this and was wondering what might be the rate of regeneration...?! :eek:

I don't really want to craft an useless Troll's Ring :p

How many HPs do you recover and in how much time?

My friend who found this out told me it wasn't working properly, then again he crafted it on a WF so maybe the regeneration affect doesnt work on WF. He also said he had to unequip it and equip it again for it to start the regeneration each time he went into a new instance.

Dimz
02-08-2008, 09:57 PM
There seems to be rumor going around that combinations on some Item/Jewelry/Clothin isn't the same on others. However this isnt true for every piece. Example:

the Wizadry 6 on goggles is the same for helm.

The rumor I heard is:

+10 hp, +1 con skills = Earth Focus on Helm BUT Positive Focus on Bracers. Researching the issue!

Cambo
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
There seems to be rumor going around that combinations on some Item/Jewelry/Clothin isn't the same on others. However this isnt true for every piece. Example:

The rumor I heard is:

+10 hp, +1 con skills = Earth Focus on Helm BUT Positive Focus on Bracers. Researching the issue!

Could be similar to getting Dex bonus from both fire and air with different essence and gem...which has been proven from posts.

SneakThief
02-09-2008, 02:30 AM

The rumor I heard is:

Could be similar to getting Dex bonus from both fire and air with different essence and gem...which has been proven from posts.

Thier have been reports of +6 CON on weapons from both PDM and EDM, so it would make sense that they did the same thing on items too.

I posted over in your thread Cambo: your post has the DEX and CON as Etheral Essence, and they should be Material Essence according the original posts in the Risia forum. That would be 2 DEX and 2 CON from Material + Escalation + Weapon, hazarding the guess that:
Material + Escalation + Weapon = CON/DEX/STR
Etheral + Escalation + Weapon = CHA/WIS/INT
since CHA and WIS have come from Etheral + Escalation (Positive and Earth respectively).

So you could go CON (or 10hp +1 CON Skills for items) Positive for the True Resurection, or Earth for the clickie on this bad boy (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1556416&postcount=160). I want me that clickie.

gpk
02-09-2008, 05:14 AM
IMPORTANT NOTE: The item description is wrong for pure good burst, the pure good burst part does NOT do 1d6 Pure Good Damage per hit, and the burst portion of it IS good damage, not holy so it works on all non good.

So in the end you've crafted a +5 holy burst where the burst potion is pure good so it works on non-good mobs.

e.g. On a an evil mob it will be +5 holy burst, on neutral mob it will be +5 weapon, 4d6 Puer Good damage on crits (for a khop).

Another bug for turbine to fix...

http://i27.tinypic.com/kczcef.jpg

Cambo
02-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Thier have been reports of +6 CON on weapons from both PDM and EDM, so it would make sense that they did the same thing on items too.

I posted over in your thread Cambo: your post has the DEX and CON as Etheral Essence, and they should be Material Essence according the original posts in the Risia forum. That would be 2 DEX and 2 CON from Material + Escalation + Weapon, hazarding the guess that:
Material + Escalation + Weapon = CON/DEX/STR
Etheral + Escalation + Weapon = CHA/WIS/INT
since CHA and WIS have come from Etheral + Escalation (Positive and Earth respectively).

So you could go CON (or 10hp +1 CON Skills for items) Positive for the True Resurection, or Earth for the clickie on this bad boy (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1556416&postcount=160). I want me that clickie.

lol...have now got a report of Ethereal Escallation Earth giving wisdom and con

See the 2 links...different weapon types ??

Con http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1554279&postcount=144
Wis http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1556416&postcount=160

Kamboe
02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
The rumor I heard is:

Who you hear that rumor from Dimz?

BTW I upgraded my Bracers...sent you the link to the Screenshot...

Positive Focus, Material Essence, and Gem of Escalation
Small Upgrade - +10 Hp, +1 to Con skills
Medium Upgrade - +15 Hp, +2 Con skills, 1 click True Rez

so total thats +3 to concentration, +25 hp and True Rez 1/day

SneakThief
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
lol...have now got a report of Ethereal Escallation Earth giving wisdom and con

See the 2 links...different weapon types ??

Con http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1554279&postcount=144
Wis http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1556416&postcount=160

Go re-read the CON one you just linked ... its material, not etheral. You also have the Air DEX one listed as etheral in your thread where it should be material.

Dimz
02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
Go re-read the CON one you just linked ... its material, not etheral. You also have the Air DEX one listed as etheral in your thread where it should be material.

Yeh two different things in those recipes.. Earth is the same.. but its Material and ethreal one made con the other made wisdom on a weapon. Alot of combinations here so keeping them all posted will be hard for anyone. But will try to keep it posted true and accurate and if anything is wrong give me a holler via pm with what the mistake is etc!

Ladywolf
02-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Who you hear that rumor from Dimz?

BTW I upgraded my Bracers...sent you the link to the Screenshot...

Positive Focus, Material Essence, and Gem of Escalation
Small Upgrade - +10 Hp, +1 to Con skills
Medium Upgrade - +15 Hp, +2 Con skills, 1 click True Rez

so total thats +3 to concentration, +25 hp and True Rez 1/daywhen you say +25 hp, i am assuming that is because u are going from no + con item at all (i.e. the +2 con skills doesnt' stack with say an old +6 con belt right?)

Auran82
02-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Con skills, not con stat.

So +2 to concentration

And I believe the +10hp and +15hp (from second tier) stack to make the +25hp

Dimz
02-10-2008, 03:47 AM
As Noted: Good Burst is not working properly... the 1d6 isn't hitting every hit and there is other problems with it.

Megaton_Samurai
02-10-2008, 04:40 AM
Figured I'd contribute to the cause, here is my frost+fire longsword:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/megatonsamurai/Antipode.jpg

Water, Material, Dominion for first upgrade
Fire, Material, Dominion for second

EDIT: Oh, also for those curious, the effect on the sword is the standard flaming. Replaced my frost effect. Too bad because fire weapons in this game looks like ****.

Ihsan
02-10-2008, 06:28 AM
Actually has a really cool icon for that frost fire sword. Wonder what else mixes, id hazard earth and wind and prolly positive and negative.

Badass55
02-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Did this combo to make a shard:
cloudy gem of dominion+Diluted ethereal essence+inferior focus of negative energy+shard+orb=negative energy shard
then
Neg energy shard+orb+bracers=

Void lore+negative energy affinity

Im hoping if i do the same combo in medium it will make something better...any thoughts on that?

Dimz
02-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Did this combo to make a shard:
cloudy gem of dominion+Diluted ethereal essence+inferior focus of negative energy+shard+orb=negative energy shard
then
Neg energy shard+orb+bracers=

Void lore+negative energy affinity

Im hoping if i do the same combo in medium it will make something better...any thoughts on that?

Sorry to hear that! But just like you and me we have to figure out the bad stuff sometimes as well as the good stuff.

CobraChaos
02-10-2008, 12:20 PM
did the frost upgrade on wep. the medium version grats icy burst ( it stacks with frost so its 2d6 cold + extra 1d10 on crit ) and came with 3 clickies of cure light :/

Megaton_Samurai
02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
and came with 3 clickies of cure light :/

That's a bizarre effect for double ice. What's the name of it (the effect)?

Ihsan
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
What iam wondering is if you do water then fire on equipment if it will do the tempered, because i did water as my 1st and i sure as hell dont want to do the 2nd as water and get crappy CLW xD

Interestingly in the description it only says "this item" not "this weapon", so it may be possible.

Dimz
02-10-2008, 01:13 PM
did the frost upgrade on wep. the medium version grats icy burst ( it stacks with frost so its 2d6 cold + extra 1d10 on crit ) and came with 3 clickies of cure light :/

Yo Wicked.. Was that on the bow? JW would be same on others... 3 Clickies of cure light... thats kinda lame.. why not 1 charge of full heal! ;)

Dimz
02-10-2008, 01:14 PM
What iam wondering is if you do water then fire on equipment if it will do the tempered, because i did water as my 1st and i sure as hell dont want to do the 2nd as water and get crappy CLW xD

Friend did ice then fire, then got tempered.. Intim+7 etc... Frost,Icyburst! Very nice.. No clickies of anything!

Ihsan
02-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Was that on a weapon or equipment dimz?

Dimz
02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Was that on a weapon or equipment dimz?

Weapon, longsword to be exact.

Ihsan
02-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Oh ! you are refering to the one that Samurai made xD

Dimz
02-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh ! you are refering to the one that Samurai made xD

Yep. :rolleyes:

Borror0
02-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Two request, directed to Dimz but others can help too:

If you ever receive a screenshot by PM, mind PMing it to me too? (Or if anyone finds out anything, I'd love a screenshot.)
Where you got Negative Energy Absorbtion from? Cannot find where it was posted on the forums at all.

Thanks in advance,
Borror0

Dimz
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Two request, directed to Dimz but others can help too:

If you ever receive a screenshot by PM, mind PMing it to me too? (Or if anyone finds out anything, I'd love a screenshot.)
Where you got Negative Energy Absorbtion from? Cannot find where it was posted on the forums at all.

Thanks in advance,
Borror0

Most of the stuff on my post is all found out from friends or mine experience. People also send me pms etc. If it is a screenshot of importance I will post it here, whoever it belongs to has to give me permission first (I would recommend asking me who I got it from to get it from them as well).

Lastly, formulas/recipes marked with question marks are either 50% or just not known yet. Most not known recipes are marked ????. Ones that I think might be right have what the effect is followed by a question mark.

Dimz

Gratan
02-10-2008, 07:44 PM
I tried this on a warhammer it makes it a luetinent weapon(+1 to ac) with earth affiniaty.

SneakThief
02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
I tried this on a warhammer it makes it a luetinent weapon(+1 to ac) with earth affiniaty.

Guessing ... clouded Gem of Opposition?

Borror0
02-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Most of the stuff on my post is all found out from friends or mine experience. People also send me pms etc. If it is a screenshot of importance I will post it here, whoever it belongs to has to give me permission first (I would recommend asking me who I got it from to get it from them as well).

Ok, send me their name each time then?

Lastly, formulas/recipes marked with question marks are either 50% or just not known yet. Most not known recipes are marked ????. Ones that I think might be right have what the effect is followed by a question mark.

Negative Energy Absorbtion has no question mark, which is why I asked.

Gratan
02-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Guessing ... clouded Gem of Opposition?

yes i didnt even notice i didnt copy that part.

Cambo
02-11-2008, 02:05 AM
Friend did ice then fire, then got tempered.. Intim+7 etc... Frost,Icyburst! Very nice.. No clickies of anything!

Anychance of confirming that it was frost then fire...
Have had this upgrade mentioned previously and it gave fost + flaiming Burst thats all.

It was samurai's post..
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1557511&postcount=61

Borror0
02-11-2008, 02:27 AM

Yes, follow the link you gave and click on the picture. You'll see that there is actually Tempered on the picture... and that the sword has Frost and Flaming Burst. :)

Dimz actually made a mistake in his post, he corrected himself a few posts under. ;)

sirgog
02-11-2008, 02:35 AM
Given that the Tempered mod rewards opposites, has anyone tried making a ADM//EDM (Air Dominion Material at Invasion, Earth Dominion Material at Subjugation) weapon yet, to see if there's any bonus for that?

Likewise there's +DM//-DM weapon which may be worth trying, although you'll want to be neutral for that or have a good UMD if it's Holy Evil Burst as I'd assume it would be.

Wish I had enough ingredients to do more experimenting :-(

Venar
02-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Looking at the resist 30 fire on clothing... One could probably make a wicked Cloak/Belt with triple resist on it...

Cambo
02-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Yes, follow the link you gave and click on the picture. You'll see that there is actually Tempered on the picture... and that the sword has Frost and Flaming Burst. :)

Dimz actually made a mistake in his post, he corrected himself a few posts under. ;)

Sorry Dimz didnt see the correction...jetlag is kicking in.

sirgog
02-11-2008, 03:53 AM
Using the same naming system as my above post, we have some new information... This is condensed (i.e. some effects have been consolidated)

Bracers, +EE//+EE//+EE upgrades

Wizardry 6
Exceptional SP: +150
Exceptional Cha skills: +6
1/day: True Res
Greater Disruption Guard: When wearer is hit in melee by undead, there's a % chance (not specified) for the undead to instantly die.

This was discovered by Mavnimo, props to him and his group for pwning the Shroud on elite. He posted a screenshot of the bracers in the Achievements forum.

I plan to try a weapon with EDM//EDM (Earth Dominion Material) on Numot, but may be a while till I can put it together. Will report results when I have them.

I've also outlined my naming system in detail here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1558496

Dimz
02-11-2008, 04:49 AM
Have had this upgrade mentioned previously and it gave fost + flaiming Burst thats all.

It was samurai's post..
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1557511&postcount=61

Edit : Didn't read your post on page5!

Dimz
02-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Using the same naming system as my above post, we have some new information... This is condensed (i.e. some effects have been consolidated)

Bracers, +EE//+EE//+EE upgrades

Wizardry 6
Exceptional SP: +150
Exceptional Cha skills: +6
1/day: True Res
Greater Disruption Guard: When wearer is hit in melee by undead, there's a % chance (not specified) for the undead to instantly die.

This was discovered by Mavnimo, props to him and his group for pwning the Shroud on elite. He posted a screenshot of the bracers in the Achievements forum.

I plan to try a weapon with EDM//EDM (Earth Dominion Material) on Numot, but may be a while till I can put it together. Will report results when I have them.

I've also outlined my naming system in detail here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1558496

Very cool! That's the first Third upgrade I have seen. So the third upgrade of the famous Wiz6 Charisma Skills things is appearant.. Charisma Skills +3, Greater Disruption Guard, AND Another Extra 100 Sp to stack with the 50 and Wiz6 you got earlier!

joeuhuh
02-11-2008, 05:20 AM
has it been confirmed if the exceptional sp bonus is dbled for sorcs?

sirgog
02-11-2008, 05:51 AM
has it been confirmed if the exceptional sp bonus is dbled for sorcs?

I can confirm this. Myrmidral has +EE//+EE goggles, gets the double SP.

Dimz
02-11-2008, 06:10 AM
I would like to also note that it is suprising that we havent discovered stats on equipment, just weapons. Maybe the devs found it too overpowered for +8 stat items on equipement but not too over powered for items that give sorcs 600 extra mana hahha.:rolleyes:

Venar
02-11-2008, 06:48 AM
The SP items are nice, specially since Positive x 3 is but 1 combo.
You could do, say, water + earth + fire for
WIZ 6, 50 SP, 100 SP, +1 wis skill, +1 int skill, +1 str skill, +7 heal/repeair, +10 concentration, and whatever water + eath + fire gives.
So many possibility, this is exciting.

Endrik
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't pass on enough credit to those thus far that have both contributed to, and tracked the recipes already discovered. My effort could NOT have been done without their information...

The Excel geek and obsessive compulsive elements of my personality collaborated to create this spreadsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pCtwQ7G0iaNQt5LZP3wNQXA

It allows you to punch in the quantities of various components you have (excepting power cells) and see the MAXIMUM of which type of resultant recipe you can craft.

**PLEASE NOTE:** If you consume some components making a recipe, you need to manually decrement your inventory stock. (I'm not smart enough to figure out how to automate that) Also, the values in the Tier 1 (husk/petal etc) inventory are arbitrary and used for sample calculations during testing.

If anyone finds any errors, PLEASE PM me and let me know...

SneakThief
02-11-2008, 01:49 PM
The Excel geek and obsessive compulsive elements of my personality collaborated to create this spreadsheet:

It allows you to punch in the quantities of various components you have (excepting power cells) and see the MAXIMUM of which type of resultant recipe you can craft.

Thats pretty sweet man!

I had an idea for one where you could pick the combo (ex: Material + Opposition + Positive, there's only 36 after all) and it would calculate how many of each raw ingridient you need, but I just dont have enough excel geek or OC(D) to bust it out in a timely manner. Wanna take a crack at it?

Megaton_Samurai
02-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Here's another doubly-upgraded item. This time gloves. First upgrade was Negative, Dominion and Material. Second is Air, Escalation, and Material.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/megatonsamurai/-DM_AEM_Gloves.jpg

Ihsan
02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Destruction, now thats neat ! better then my air and water bracers giving polar ray xD

sorry ! link to my post on the other thread
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1559335&postcount=503

Megaton_Samurai
02-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Destruction, now thats neat ! better then my air and water bracers giving polar ray xD

Got a screen shot you can post of that? I can put it up for you if you like, just PM it to me.

Everybody likes screen shots.
EDIT: Nevermind, you had one.

Shima-ra
02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
But polar ray is cool! it allows no save.

Endrik
02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Wanna take a crack at it?

Sure. Shouldn't be a whole lot different than the format I've got down already...

adrinor
02-11-2008, 03:21 PM
(Standard): Altar of Subjugation success with Shavarath Transformation! Consumed: Shavarath Medium Energy Cell, Shard of Great Power. Created: +5 Holy Green Steel Khopesh. +5 Holy Green Steel Khopesh becomes +5 Wise Green Steel Khopesh of Haggling.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/rexadams101/khopesh.jpg

Shima-ra
02-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Weird that it sucks but says ''undeniable sense of potential''
I wonder how to unlock that mystery tier3 uberness.

Maybe the khopesh will end up being neutral+neutral burst.
The grey that hits everything out of balance.

SneakThief
02-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Weird that it sucks but says ''undeniable sense of potential''
I wonder how to unlock that mystery tier3 uberness.

Maybe the khopesh will end up being neutral+neutral burst.
The grey that hits everything out of balance.

Yeah, but you have 1 Positive and 1 negative. If you were to use positive or negative again it would be out of balance. So ...

Cambo
02-12-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah, but you have 1 Positive and 1 negative. If you were to use positive or negative again it would be out of balance. So ...

Could be 2 uber options...1 if neg is added 1 if pos is added..
My money is on the 3rd tier adding what ever combo it creates..
neg will add the neg neg aspect and pos will add pos pos - ture res

Borror0
02-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Maybe something totally good (or evil)... as in, the Evil (or good) as of the good (or evil) has won over the weapon's alignment?

Endrik
02-12-2008, 07:03 AM
I added a worksheet to the sheet, entitled "I need how many!!!" (since you apparently can't have question marks in worksheet titles.... flipping Microsoft)

The new second worksheet should calculate how many of each raw ingredient you need if you wish to create a number of recipes. I didn't bother with the final tier of ingredients when it dawned on me that the same exact recipes are used for Invasion, Subjugation and Devastation Altars.. Just substitute the appropriate prefix/suffix for the quality/size of the recipes/ingredients.

Link posted again for simplicity...

Note for those new to Google Docs: If you want to enter your own values in the spreadsheet, you'll need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the spreadsheet and click the "Edit this page" link in the lower right corner. I gave everyone permission. Please don't abuse it. :D

(Just PM me if there are config/formula changes that need to be made...)

gpk
02-12-2008, 07:31 AM
(Standard): Altar of Subjugation success with Shavarath Transformation! Consumed: Shavarath Medium Energy Cell, Shard of Great Power. Created: +5 Holy Green Steel Khopesh. +5 Holy Green Steel Khopesh becomes +5 Wise Green Steel Khopesh of Haggling.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/rexadams101/khopesh.jpg

Is it safe to assume that the Evil Burst part is buggy like it's Pure Good Burst counterpart?

Benjai
02-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Is it safe to assume that the Evil Burst part is buggy like it's Pure Good Burst counterpart?
I'm pretty sure its safe to assume that the description is buggy, I'm pretty sure the devs only meant it to be the bursting part.

Dimz
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Dual Fakie Burst :eek:

Benjai
02-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Dual Fakie Burst :eek:

I think one of them actually has the description right, like the acid burst, and since they all seem to exhibit only the bursting part, well thats what I think.

Dimz
02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Anyone know what the large tier 2 ingredients are called. "Blank" Material Essence, "Blank" of Dominion. So on and so forth.. Anyone have a update of the beginning names of all of them so i can post?

Mad_Bombardier
02-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Anyone know what the large tier 2 ingredients are called. "Blank" Material Essence, "Blank" of Dominion. So on and so forth.. Anyone have a update of the beginning names of all of them so i can post?Pure ___ Essence, Superior Focus of ___ , and Flawless Gem of ___.

Dimz
02-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Pure ___ Essence, Superior ___ Focus, and Flawless Gem of ___.

Much Thanks!

Megaton_Samurai
02-12-2008, 11:25 PM
I'm pretty sure its safe to assume that the description is buggy, I'm pretty sure the devs only meant it to be the bursting part.

That frost of flaming burst longsword I posted earlier does both frost and fire damage on normal hit.

When I critical I get, "your weapon's frost effect hit ___ for ___ damage", "your weapon's flaming effect hit ___ for ___ damage", and "your weapon's flaming burst effect hit ___ for ___ damage"

Kargon
02-13-2008, 10:26 PM
That frost of flaming burst longsword I posted earlier does both frost and fire damage on normal hit.

When I critical I get, "your weapon's frost effect hit ___ for ___ damage", "your weapon's flaming effect hit ___ for ___ damage", and "your weapon's flaming burst effect hit ___ for ___ damage"

Kargon are wondering if it would have stacked if say used fire and flamaming burst.

kargon are GUESSAMING that if both upgramades had been fire, they would not stack, much like flaming arrowmows dont stack with flaming bows.

Borror0
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
kargon are GUESSAMING that if both upgramades had been fire, they would not stack, much like flaming arrowmows dont stack with flaming bows.

I'm very sure they would. I recall someone talking about double Frost stacking, simply cannot find who said that and where. I'll try to find it.

Like you, I has assumed that they wouldn't stack, but someone said it did.

EDIT: Found it, in this thread:

Jincay
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Made the wise green steel goggles of haggling, however my existential stalemate only gave me +4 WIS!!!!

Could be the difference between item and weapon?

or poosibly because I used negative energy 1st tier, followed by poisitve energy 2nd tier.

NIce goggles but very disapointing to not have +6 wis

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e178/jincay/goggles.jpg

Hemo
02-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Known Effects
Weapon Effects:

Strength +6 + Affinity to Fire - Diluted Material Essence, Inferior Focus of Fire, Clouded Gem Escalation

According to
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1550123&postcount=284

a low FEM weapon gives +6 dex. The stated confirmed longbow is correct, the theory is not. (truth: mat+opp = absorption/resist/regen, mat+dom = damage bonus)

Mr._Dna
02-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Has anyone found a combination that will yield 2 (or more) +6 stat bonuses on an item? Or possibly +6, +4?

Cambo
02-14-2008, 07:26 AM
only on a weapon I think

Ethereal + Escalation + Positive = Wpn: +6 Cha
Ethereal + Escalation + Negative = Wpn: +1 Int
This gives Exisential Stalemante (+6 Wis on a weapon + 4 on an item)

So on a weapon you get +6 Charisma, Bonus stacking +1 intel, +6 Wisdom
The next upgrade may yeild you +2 to either Charisma or Wisdom I think

Wouldnt be a bad Cleric item

Agarwaen
02-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Made the wise green steel goggles of haggling

That's a pretty wild skill/stat combo item. I'm very curious as to what stacking positive or negative onto level 3 will yield. For instance, if stacking positive at levels 2 and 3 yields a true res clicky like it does when stacking positive at level 1 and 2, it could make for some quite versatile combination items.

Endrik
02-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Okay... SneakThief got me thinking...
Using conditional formatting and worksheet references, I've made the spreadsheet able to tell you if you're short components.

Step 1: Visit this link: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pCtwQ7G0iaNQt5LZP3wNQXA
Step 2: Scroll all the way to the bottom and select "Edit this page"
Step 3: Ensure you have the "Calculator" tab selected.
Step 4: Enter the number of components you currently possess in the appropriate boxes
Step 5: Select the "I need how many!!!" tab
Step 6: Enter the number of recipes you wish to make (four Cloudy Gems of Opposition, one Diluted Ethereal Essence, etc...)
Step 7: Check the Surplus/Deficit row to see if you've got enough... The number will be both red and negative if you're short...
Step 8: Farm more components... :D

I hope it's helpful...

Cetus
02-15-2008, 03:12 PM
you might want to change the effects, material essence cloudy gem of escalation and inferior focus of fire, give DEXTERITY +6, not strength, =]

DNDJESS
02-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Instead of making something good, I had to try making an item that wasn't on the spreadsheet yet:

Item: Inf. focus of negative energy + C. gem of opposition + diluted ethereal essence = fortitude save +5

DNDJESS
02-19-2008, 07:51 PM
2nd tier item - medium material, essence, and opposition = lesser evil guard 1d6 damage per hit.

al73r
02-23-2008, 08:36 PM
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/6954/icyburstgreensteelmaulhi3.jpg