PDA

View Full Version : Trading Incapped/Dead

StringTheory
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
What do you think about the possibility of allowing us to use the trade window when we are incapped or dead?
I am thinking the primary use would be for trading items such as healing/repair kits, cure wands/scrolls, raise/rez scrolls, spell components, etc.
I have been in several situations where this would have been extremely useful. A cleric that has fallen might want to be able to give a rez scroll to another character with good UMD, or even a cure/X/wounds wand if they are incapped. Many times, especially at lower levels, other party members may be under equipped for party support, and are unable to assist a fallen party member. I generally try to be self sufficient but I cannot use my supplies on myself when I'm the one down. I think this makes sense from a gameplay perspective... if a party member falls, it is not unreasonable to think that another party member could search the fallen persons belongings for items that would revive them. If the trade is happening during a calm after a battle, that is just like real life, regrouping and patching wounds. If the trade is happening in the middle of a fierce melee, more credit to the skilled players that can pull this off in the middle of combat, just like real life combat medics. It's a small thing but I think it could add to the game dynamics.

Kerr
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
I'd agree with this. In PnP, I've rifled through a person's belongings to find a Cure Light Wounds potion to force down their throat to save their lives.

And of course, there's the time the guy marked a Poison potion a heal potion. Joke was on him when we killed him trying to save his life.

Wizzly_Bear
02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
What do you think about the possibility of allowing us to use the trade window when we are incapped or dead?

/signed

parvo
02-06-2008, 12:54 PM
/signed

Although it would be better if the dead person had no choice.

Yvonne_Blacksword
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
um...give me your vorpal...before I heal you!
um...not forced...please!

Albel
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
/signed

Oh that would go well, oh look that person is dead/incapped, I'll just help myself to his weapons, his armor, his (insert non-bound loot here), oh and I guess I can loot that scroll of raise dead/cure pot too, but why use it on them.... :rollseyes:

Kerr
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
/signed

Not a chance. Ever. I'd cancel the sub the second they put in place such garbage.

Keep your PD play style to yourself.

GreyRogue
02-06-2008, 01:03 PM
/signed

This would be pretty cool among players in a static group or a tightly knit guild. However, there are too many jerks out there for something like this to actually add fun to the game. There is just WAY too much potential for griefing.

Kerr
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
I just thought of a way to may Parvo's idea work.

If you loot a dead person's corpse, they get the option to flag you for permanent PVP, anywhere, anytime. And then after people kill him, they can loot his corpse, but a person flagged for PVP doesn't get to flag other people when they are griefed.

Probably doesn't sound like a good idea to him now.

parvo
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
[quote=Kerr;1552531]Not a chance. Ever. I'd cancel the sub the second they put in place such garbage... [quote]

Good. Solves the lag problem too.

parvo
02-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I just thought of a way to may Parvo's idea work.

If you loot a dead person's corpse, they get the option to flag you for permanent PVP, anywhere, anytime. And then after people kill him, they can loot his corpse, but a person flagged for PVP doesn't get to flag other people when they are griefed.

Probably doesn't sound like a good idea to him now.

Still sounds good. Actually, it sounds even better.

Knightrose
02-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't feel we really need this. There are dozens of ways to save an incapped player. Not to mention that taking at least a positive Heal skill is now a good idea. So to be honest I feel this would be a waste of precious development time. I want devs fixing current problems.

parvo
02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
I'd agree with this. In PnP, I've rifled through a person's belongings to find a Cure Light Wounds potion to force down their throat to save their lives.

And of course, there's the time the guy marked a Poison potion a heal potion. Joke was on him when we killed him trying to save his life.

BTW Kerr, my comment about not giving the dead a choice was tounge-in-cheek. not quite as funny as your old PnP group though. That mismatched potion thing is classic.

Be well.

Kerr
02-06-2008, 06:36 PM
BTW Kerr, my comment about not giving the dead a choice was tounge-in-cheek. not quite as funny as your old PnP group though. That mismatched potion thing is classic.

His theory is that if someone killed him, the monsters we were fighting, that he'd have the satisfaction in the afterlife knowing that he poisoned his killer. Since he forgot to tell us which ones he marked in such a way, however, it was determined randomly if the one he marked was poisoned or not. Turns out, it was poisoned.

It's similar to what my Wizards do. They always carry a sealed letter with them that looks very official. On the inside of the letter it says: To my killers, I may be dead and no longer an agent on this material plane of your demise, but I should bother to tell you that even in death I may strike out at you. For you see, I know the spell Explosive Runes. <explosive runes scribed at this point> Take care, <my characters name>

I just hope that whatever we were fighting that they were weakened enough for the runes to blow them up and finish them, especially if they are all gathered around within 10' and don't get a save.

ThrasherGT
02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
So to be honest I feel this would be a waste of precious development time. I want devs fixing current problems.

see sig

ViVid7th
02-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I just hope that whatever we were fighting that they were weakened enough for the runes to blow them up and finish them, especially if they are all gathered around within 10' and don't get a save.

Metamagic feats are your friend. And using the Wish spell to cast Miracle to talk with your god to ask to add up all your spell levels into only spell slot for this purpose. My god got a kick out of the idea at the time. It never got opened, but I was informed through the board it was played on that it had a 500 ft blast radius, spiral with enough damage to level a city, with 1 divine rank to the saving throw once the campaign was over. And yes, I did play a D&D equivalent Online through a Message Board.

PS: Sorcs being Patron to the god Loki rocks!

PPS: Explosive Runes on a Dungeon Wall and a decent listen skill = warning system that will **** off whatever is following you.

Also, when you write up a Dungeon, toss Explosive Runes onto almost every sign, door and inscription in the dungeon. It just really ends up being funny. Oh, and Symbol of Insanity on the floating jewel :D

Encase you haven't noticed, inscribed spells are my favorite. Every D&D spell caster should carry around a rubber ball (you know, a kids toy). When you reach a room filled with Orc (kobolds, or anything not undead) cast Symbol of Insanity on the rubber ball and throw it into the room. Watch calamity ensue. Just don't roll a 1 >.<

Tenkari_Rozahas
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
/signed

I could have expected that to come from you Parvo... it would make our MV looting of a corpse a lot easier >>

Uska
02-06-2008, 11:45 PM
/signed

Umm would only work if they did it like SWG had briefly where you could flag yourself lootable to party members, or if locked items were not lootable as your way would be exploited by to many people who would try to get party members killed just so they could loot them.

parvo
02-07-2008, 07:05 AM
I could have expected that to come from you Parvo... it would make our MV looting of a corpse a lot easier >>

It really wasn't a serious suggestion though. Obviously, it would sooooo never happen. Don't worry, the permadeathers aren't here to ruin "your" game.

Tenkari_Rozahas
02-07-2008, 07:51 AM
It really wasn't a serious suggestion though. Obviously, it would sooooo never happen. Don't worry, the permadeathers aren't here to ruin "your" game.

Lol, I know that. I'm a member of MV :p Honestly? if such a thing was potional, I'm sure all MVer's would set it to on just to make the hassle of getting looted. (when it qualifies) easier. instead of telling everyone what you have.