PDA

View Full Version : For those AoC fans and others

KoboldKiller
02-06-2008, 09:49 AM
For those of you who are leaving DDO for the new shiny AoC or whatever other game you chose. Just leave. Say a quick goodbye and leave. Don't post about how "you love this game but". If you love this game then stay but don't give the same old line. I respect your decision to leave to another game but it seems the majority of the time the threads turn into DDO bashing. Leave with grace. The post I saw earlier was great a quick goodbye and that was it. I am posting this as a pre-emptive strike as AoC comes closer. By the way, I have a feeling that many who leave will be back. Yes I am cranky this morning. Anyway I will be here till whatever end and I will welcome back those that leave, just please leave with grace.

Brought to you by the cranky Wednesday committee.

Aspenor
02-06-2008, 09:51 AM
I heard AoC was lame and that 85% of those starting it will return. :)

Avonwey
02-06-2008, 09:52 AM
You're not the boss of me.

EinarMal
02-06-2008, 09:54 AM
OP I find your post annoying and will, as always, say whatever I want, sounds like you are trying for a forum mod job, good luck with that.

KoboldKiller
02-06-2008, 10:00 AM
As I said, I am cranky this morning and decided to air my opinion here. I have no illusions of my post effecting anyone in any way as each person has a right to post what they wish. No, I do not wish to have a Moderator job as there would be nothing left to moderate when I got done due to my foul mood. Flame me if you wish. maybe I'll jump over to the AoC forum and complain about how bad AoC is and that I am going to DDO as it seems to be the accepted format to do the same here. Or WoW or whatever. My point was don't preface by saying you love this game but your leaving. Would you say to your spouse I love you but I'm leaving? Well, some might, but if you actually love something then you stick with it you don't bash it and then leave. So say your goodbye and get out.

Avonwey
02-06-2008, 10:05 AM
As I said, I am cranky this morning and decided to air my opinion here. I have no illusions of my post effecting anyone in any way as each person has a right to post what they wish. No, I do not wish to have a Moderator job as there would be nothing left to moderate when I got done due to my foul mood. Flame me if you wish. maybe I'll jump over to the AoC forum and complain about how bad AoC is and that I am going to DDO as it seems to be the accepted format to do the same here. Or WoW or whatever. My point was don't preface by saying you love this game but your leaving. Would you say to your spouse I love you but I'm leaving? Well, some might, but if you actually love something then you stick with it you don't bash it and then leave. So say your goodbye and get out.

To keep with your analogy, what if you love your wife but she's cheating on you?

People love this game because, well, it rocks. Its so different than the other MMOs out there. But there's a real lack of content, and with our small subscriber numbers the amount of new content has really slowed to a crawl. A lot of people have basically "beaten" the game and then moved on out of boredom and/or frustration.

Eelpout
02-06-2008, 10:15 AM
To keep with your analogy, what if you love your wife but she's cheating on you?

I caught my copy of DDO trying to install itself on my neighbor's computer!! Dirty, no good, Tramp!!

PhoenixFire31
02-06-2008, 10:18 AM
I caught my copy of DDO trying to install itself on my neighbor's computer!! Dirty, no good, Tramp!!
ROTFLMAO!:D

Can I quote you in my sig? :D

Eelpout
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
absolutely

Brutous
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Here is the deal for me, I am going to leave DDO for AoC not because its a shinny new thing- Its because my wife won't let me have two subscriptions.

Missing_Minds
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Here is the deal for me, I am going to leave DDO for AoC not because its a shinny new thing- Its because my wife won't let me have two subscriptions.

But if AoC (whatever that is) can't keep your interest, and you come back, are you truely leaving? *shrug* Sides, we all know all "I'm out of here" threads get closed as soon as Q or T find them.