PDA

View Full Version : the best

spyderwolf
02-06-2008, 02:44 AM
who do you think are the best at what they? and keep it civil plz.

bard...eclave..amazing player
sorc.....jax
wizard.....cant reallly seem to pick one atm
cleric.....nibby
paladin.....Palmetteoale--he is actually why i made a pally in the first place
fighter.....broodling
barb.....mannaz...although he just came back he is still a great barb
rogue....dethe
ranger....yogy

Knightrose
02-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Bard... Aaliyah (Aust is an all around good player but his Bard has always been Eclaves truest competition.)

Sorc..... Hiever (hey, he can eat food, master fatherhood and beat me in kills, all at the same time. Bastige)

Wizard..... Talindar (He juggles his spell repertoire excellently. When you need it, he's got it.)

Cleric..... Ssussun (Heart breaker, soul saver and best damn cleric around. I mean, she micro heals by clicking :O )

Paladin..... Spyderwolf (He's the only guy I see use a Palladin to its max potential. Actually he's Sarlona's true Jack of all Trades)

Fighter..... Honos (ugly, rude *like all Dwarves* and generally a uniquely tactful Fighter)

Barb..... Cereal (lol he has UMD. But it comes in handy. Whatever he lacks he makes up for with style. Inventor of the Barbarian space helmet.)

Rogue.... Dethe (I don't know how good he is as a Rogue, lol never seen him disarm. But his dual-wield-drunken-swearing-whirlwind takes pure skill.)

Ranger.... Phaerah (This sucka defines what a good player is. Sarlona = Eclave)

soupertc
02-06-2008, 09:18 AM
see my next reply

AEschyl
02-06-2008, 10:24 AM
lol, this thread makes me laugh.

it's nothing more than a popularity contest.

it's impossible to nominate someone for "best" until you've run with everyone on the server under the most difficult of circumstances... and that's assuming there even *IS* a "best"

Caelan
02-06-2008, 10:40 AM

it's impossible to nominate someone for "best" until you've run with everyone on the server under the most difficult of circumstances... and that's assuming there even *IS* a "best"

QFT

thisgamesull
02-06-2008, 11:00 AM
dang, man I thought by now people knew me
I outkill every 1 I group with (yes even caster's)
And an even better a player then me
where's thorack?or his alts?

You all need to run with soulless!!!!

So id say every 1 in my guild (sounds kinda familiar right?)

thisgame...

spyderwolf
02-06-2008, 11:10 AM

perfectly alright to think that but why not post your list then? which is why i asked who do YOU think is the best at what they do not who is absolutely the best at each class, because everyone has differing opinions on what each class can do or should do. and a good conversation can really take your mind off other things.

spyderwolf
02-06-2008, 11:12 AM

thisgame...

and if ya read my list there is only one guy from caffeine on it, dethe , who has been called the best rogue on the server for over a year by multiple people, even though is is a squishy mofo ;)

pfannes79
02-06-2008, 11:48 AM

thisgame...

thanks critz Your not too bad urself...

All those guys mentiond on the lists are really good players.....U cant narrow it down to only one for each class...there is alot of good players on Sarlona prob more than any other server.....

And just for S's and G's there is NO tank that can out kill Pristinesly in any level.....lol, just thought i would throw that out there.

barecm
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM

thisgame...

I would have to agree, everyone in my guild is the best at every class....especially the rangers. ;) Actually, I do run with Soulless every now and again... great bunch of players.

artvan_delet
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Here's a kudo for Octaviann. A superior sorc.

Dexxaan
02-06-2008, 12:00 PM
thanks critz Your not too bad urself...

And just for S's and G's there is NO tank that can out kill Pristinesly in any level.....lol, just thought i would throw that out there.

You throw it out there....now your ON!

Basic Rules:
No Cleric
Self Buffing
1 CSWand and 20 CSPots.

We Run with the Devils or Ritual Sacrifice.... one at a time and we see who gets farthest/kill ratio.

I bring Bruttus.

pfannes79
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
You throw it out there....now your ON!

Basic Rules:
No Cleric
Self Buffing
1 CSWand and 20 CSPots.

We Run with the Devils or Ritual Sacrifice.... one at a time and we see who gets farthest/kill ratio.

I bring Bruttus.

U serious bro u wont stand a chance..I will look u up when I c u on......

soupertc
02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
get the rulers out!!!

I retract my list and just put any new player who creates a account and stays with it even though there are A-Holes like us who compete in a video game and it means something to us to be UBER.

HorridForm
02-06-2008, 01:35 PM
U serious bro u wont stand a chance..I will look u up when I c u on......

Whatch yourself Thorack it wouldn't surprise me if this dude never gets hit in the vale.

I will throw Phaera into this also she made it pretty far in Ritual solo.

HorridForm
02-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Its tough for me to nominate players who aren't in my guild. I'm usually very disappointed with most non guildies,but that doesnt mean that there isn't many great players that I am not aware of.

I will say that Mannaz, Spyderwolf, Aesch, and Thrann are amazing leaders. I usually feel confident that any quest I particpate with them will get done both fast and effecient.

Dexxaan
02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Whatch yourself Thorack it wouldn't surprise me if this dude never gets hit in the vale.

Sup Kaptann!

Long time.

You are right, Bruttus hit Undispellable, Unbuffed 63 AC and still has the Punch to drop Orthons left and right.

(When you take the Cleric out of the equation things get a lot more fun in the land of Melee!)

pfannes79
02-06-2008, 02:05 PM

please with my WP rapiers, I will drop everyhting that comes my way, I dont need buffs even, but i will buff up just to prove a point that my build is superior, especially out in the VAIL...

but the rules Are we take as many heal potions as we want in the Ritual..and whoever gets the most kills without dying wins....

Qzipoun
02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I was going to post some a semi-serious list of people i think play their build "best" but seeing some of the people already mentioned, I'm not even going to bother being serious :D

Best of every class I play: me
Best of every class I don't play: all my guildies and friends are tied!

Dexxaan
02-06-2008, 02:45 PM
please with my WP rapiers, I will drop everyhting that comes my way, I dont need buffs even, but i will buff up just to prove a point that my build is superior, especially out in the VAIL...

but the rules Are we take as many heal potions as we want in the Ritual..and whoever gets the most kills without dying wins....

W/P is a definite Edge...... But regarding rules...I was being generous when I allowed any healing at all.

The way I see it is you go in you kick arse as long as you can with what your build allows. Pots, Wands and such....distort the true survivability of any build IMO.

Dragonmarks and Skills/Abilities are fine, Haste pots sure...but your wounds get no lickin'!

P.S.: It's Spelled VALE

pfannes79
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
W/P is a definite Edge...... But regarding rules...I was being generous when I allowed any healing at all.

The way I see it is you go in you kick arse as long as you can with what your build allows. Pots, Wands and such....distort the true survivability of any build IMO.

Dragonmarks and Skills/Abilities are fine, Haste pots sure...but your wounds get no lickin'!

P.S.: It's Spelled VALE

thats the lamest thing ive ever heard who the heck plays like that..Lets bring pots to refill health...And whoever gets the most kills before they die, cause even with pots we are going to die, wins the match....No pots is ridiculas......Trust me this will be way more fun to do with Heal pots....

Jack_No.7
02-06-2008, 02:56 PM
instead of gloating on character class.. how bout a players ability to lead or do there damn job, instead of how many mobs i can kill with my uber W/P rapiers..... fed up of that ****

AEschyl
02-06-2008, 03:12 PM
perfectly alright to think that but why not post your list then? which is why i asked who do YOU think is the best at what they do not who is absolutely the best at each class, because everyone has differing opinions on what each class can do or should do. and a good conversation can really take your mind off other things.

ok, well if you put it 'that' way (and truely mean it that way):

Barbarian - Thrann (A plethora of names could go here, like Flatlined, Pristinsely, etc)

Bard - Darqueness

Cleric - Kuff

Fighter - Too many good ones to pick

Paladin - Spyderwolf

Ranger - Angellis (Though there are TONS of great rangers out there that could be chosen.. and I mean tons)

Rogue - Huh? There are Rogues in DDO? I wasn't aware of this. If someone could confirm this for me I'd be most appreciative.

Sorceror - Sorcy

Wizard - Wait wait wait.. I thought these were the sorcerors' ugly stepchildren... they don't even deserve to be mentioned amongst greatness...

HorridForm
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM

10k PP against you that the first red named in ritual kills you :)

Aaeko
02-06-2008, 03:22 PM
This is a Childish Thread,you cant prove you are the best by outkilling someone, or outsurviving someone. You prove
your the best by being helpful to your party, you may kill alot, but you also may be a sucky leader and/or bad at
playing as a team.

KoolHand
02-06-2008, 03:29 PM
that for sure excludes you from the superior build to the superior weapon user. The w/p build is a niche build period.. Gloat why you can, but by no means does it prove anyones superiority. Like the one poster said. first red name see who wins.

Emag
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm aesch's favorite cleric! oh wait, thats not good I hate aesch ;-)

Dexxaan
02-06-2008, 03:54 PM
that for sure excludes you from the superior build to the superior weapon user. The w/p build is a niche build period.. Gloat why you can, but by no means does it prove anyones superiority. Like the one poster said. first red name see who wins.

He has his Strengths and I have mine.... he has a dependency on Heal pots, I dont.

As far as superior/best I can only say you have to be able to dish out the pain as well as take it. (or avoid it)

Emag
02-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Bard- Darqueness
Barbarian- Jaeger
Cleric- Shininglight
Fighter- Nate
Paladin- Its
Ranger- Aesch/Angellis both guildies and group with every night, cant make a choice...
Sorcerer- Sorcy
Wizard- Sawloman

thisgamesull
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM

And if you dual weilded 2 w/p rapier's on a crit 2 barb you would be singin a different song

I see jealousy almost everywhere I go

thisgamesull

soupertc
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
instead of gloating on character class.. how bout a players ability to lead or do there damn job, instead of how many mobs i can kill with my uber W/P rapiers..... fed up of that ****

go man go!!!! I couldn't agree more. That is the "BEST" what you bring to the table to help.

thisgamesull
02-06-2008, 04:38 PM
o.k. ok I thought we were playing a multiplayer game:confused:
in a full group randomly made pug group
I will without a doubt out kill All, i mean All (except pristinely) builds
especially a a.c. build (keep the a.c. builds in pvp cause thats were they rule)

thisgame

KoolHand
02-06-2008, 05:14 PM
nope, not jealouse at all. [eaten by cube NOM NOM NOM] LOL I have grouped w/most if not all of the guys on this list. There are MANY that are as good if not better that have NEVER honked their own horn and have no need to. Oh and I have weapons ( not rapiers) and they are situational at best, and are surely a nitche build as I said before taking advantage of the barb crit range. The are worthless builds on any red named mob as well as any mob immune to stat damg. anything else you want to say ?

Lebrac
02-06-2008, 05:46 PM
It's NUTZ how many people can't read... i do think the 1st line of spyders post said to keep it civil and all you people can do is turn this in to bragging about yourself. why do u think i don't post a list because all i really ever group with are my guildies and what good is a list if all u put in it is your guild members. so the basic reason i am posting is to say LOL at all the EGO's and get this back on topic if u don't have a list or dont' want to post one then don't post... crazy sillyness.

thisgamesull
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
nope, not jealouse at all. Just funny listening to all you e-peen heads talk about yourself. LOL I have grouped w/most if not all of the guys on this list. There are MANY that are as good if not better that have NEVER honked their own horn and have no need to. Oh and I have weapons ( not rapiers) and they are situational at best, and are surely a nitche build as I said before taking advantage of the barb crit range. The are worthless builds on any red named mob as well as any mob immune to stat damg. anything else you want to say ?

red names? come on, do you honestly think i wasted all my stats on dex?

LargusMeans
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Pointless list, but I will throw into the mix.

Paladin - Reddler
Rogue - Lockjaw
Sorcerer - Mayberry
Barbarian - going to reserve judgement here, take a Barbarian through an undead quest and look at kill counts, thats a real test.
Fighter - Cyr
Ranger - Keensly
Wizard -
Cleric - most good ones deserve to be here, you guys rule when your good and make or break an adventure. When you have a bad cleric it shows more then any other class.

Cheers

Thrann
02-06-2008, 06:23 PM
After looking at all the list people have come up with, I think we all hit our spots here and their, but all around i think we got alot of great people here that know how to play and enjoy our self, and really thats what it comes down to....

pfannes79
02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
After looking at all the list people have come up with, I think we all hit our spots here and their, but all around i think we got alot of great people here that know how to play and enjoy our self, and really thats what it comes down to....

Like I said earlier, I couldnt make a list like this because, there are way more than one in every class that i would choose.. All of these players are killer, and they all lead great in quests, I would know because im always asking for directions in a quest, lol. As far as im concerned we all rule..

But as for builds that are made for wp rapiers especially barbs, Let it be known that the build that I made is not just depending on the rapiers, I can do an INSAINLY amount of damage with my 2 DeathNips, amoungst other Dps weapons that i have...the WP weapon are just a bonus, And i usually bring them out in a quest when I get into trouble..

Thats all i got, Im done with this thread....

Knightrose
02-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Man this board is usually dead. [eaten by cube]

Just wanted to humor my bud Spyder. Cause he cooked up an impromptu list. It was fun just to think for a minute if I was gonna pick them, who woould they be. There's plenty I could of chose, just took the ones off the top of my head. Thanks Spyder. Cya in game bro.

spyderwolf
02-06-2008, 10:26 PM
yep thx for everyone who actually took the time to post some of their opinions on who they think are great at their respective class.....and for both sides argueing over the w/p rapiers .. it means nothing! any class you give w/p rapiers to can out kill just about any class that isnt using them..and im pretty sure there are at least 200 other threads on that debate why not move to one of them so people can express their opinions on who they think are great at what they do?

barecm
02-07-2008, 07:17 AM
My heavily biased list... except the ranger category since we all know who the best is. :D

Bard- Auena
Barbarian- Warchilld
Cleric- Roisin
Fighter- Whiteknight
Paladin- Brindle
Ranger- Kluege
Sorcerer- Snapple
Wizard- Chord

ColsonJade
02-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I'll throw my opinions out though it is hard to pick a best. Mostly because we all play several classes. Also each class will be great in some quests and crappy in others. The only exception is Rogue I hope he comes back to the game.

Bard Caster Type - Salorael, Juna
Battle Bard - Angelix
Barbarian Two handed - Thrann, Skitmar
Barb one Handed - Jaeger
Barb two weapon - Pristenity
Cleric- Doccc
Fighter- Huf
Paladin- Bruttus, Garu
Ranger- Yukon/Bromm, Rotsah
Sorcerer- Way to many to list.
Wizard-
Rogue - Lockjaw

We have many great players on this server and I enjoy playing just about everyone.

Sorry if I misspelled your name. I was a math major for a reason and anyone that has grouped with me knew I come from the Mayberry school of typing.

Rathji
02-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I almost didn't post but I figure... what the hell.

WHY!

This isn't a 'who's the best'... although I'm not sure there can BE an honest 'who's the best' thread... This is about who's guild has the most active forum trolls to post about their guildies. Honestly, a good guild runs within guild. Obviously, you're gonna choose your fav's form who you run with, which is, ...dare I say it... mostly guild?

Seriously, "THE BEST" isn't about kill count, it's about knowing your class. If you come through a quest and everyone says 'wow, that was easy... I've seen that go pretty horrible a lot of times"... I'm gonna say you had some of the best in your grp. If your party wipes for no apparent reason, then logic dictates the opposite is true.

DDO is all different. We have different builds. We have different weapons. We have different focuses. How is it even POSSIBLE to say one char in a class is 'best'....

/sigh

debo
02-07-2008, 08:17 PM
i don't have anyone to play with anymore, so I sure as hell have enough time to make a list :D... These peeps have stood out to me...I often find the same player is behind multiple well-played characters... and they all wield w/p rapiers LOL...no no im j/k. For the record... I could care less about kill counts you noobs.

Barbarian- Barthimaeus, Symp, Cereal, Skidmark
Bard- Dab (also barthimaeus), Eclave, Lyochien, Fickle
Fighter- Broodling, Stele, Roninmudfud (very heady player)
Cleric- Moloin (doesn't play anymore but to be honest... no one has even been close to this guy)... Lebrac (broodling) and Cyrris are very good also, Sheelagh, Haeson
Wizard- Kirris (cyrris), Matson, Griane/Islewitch
Sorcerer- Omber, Roughdonut, Catheral (also symp), Jax
Ranger- Keensly, Salogel
Paladin- Cashiry, Assio, Invictrix (not sure he is around anymore), Bruttus (crazy ac)
Rogue- Angeleyes...just cause she is super hot

damn I know I am missing some peeps...

Benjai
02-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Barbarian- Benjyi
Bard- Benjii
Cleric- Never made one
Rogue- Also never made one
Wizard- Benwiz
Sorceror- Carbineer
Ranger- Awesomo-1
Paladin- Never made one
Fighter- Benjai

mudfud
02-07-2008, 09:31 PM
i don't have anyone to play with anymore, so I sure as hell have enough time to make a list :D... These peeps have stood out to me...I often find the same player is behind multiple well-played characters... and they all wield w/p rapiers LOL...no no im j/k. For the record... I could care less about kill counts you noobs.

Barbarian- Barthimaeus, Symp, Cereal, Skidmark
Bard- Dab (also barthimaeus), Eclave, Lyochien, Fickle
Fighter- Broodling, Stele, Roninmudfud (very heady player)
Cleric- Moloin (doesn't play anymore but to be honest... no one has even been close to this guy)... Lebrac (broodling) and Cyrris are very good also, Sheelagh, Haeson
Wizard- Kirris (cyrris), Matson, Griane/Islewitch
Sorcerer- Omber, Roughdonut, Catheral (also symp), Jax
Ranger- Keensly, Salogel
Paladin- Cashiry, Assio, Invictrix (not sure he is around anymore), Bruttus (crazy ac)
Rogue- Angeleyes...just cause she is super hot

damn I know I am missing some peeps...

very heady player??

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-07-2008, 09:52 PM
This thread was always going to be controversial, but I'll try and make the most of it.

No I'm not going to post a list - mostly because it would almost exclusively contain players in my guild, pretty much because at the moment those are the only ones I regularly group with.

All I have to say is that everyone is coming up with a different list, which is both interesting and encouraging, because it just makes me think how many good players there are out there that I haven't had the chance to group with yet - yes, I mostly group with the guild, but it does at least renew my faith that if I were to join a PUG, I might have the chance to party with one of these other great players listed.

Garth (trying to be positive about this thread, and PUGs in general)

Tanka
02-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Fighter..... Honos (ugly, rude *like all Dwarves* and generally a uniquely tactful Fighter)
lol, man, I only bring out H for Reavers now. Solid build but he'd be better off as a Barb.

Now, if they ever offered a total respec... H would be back in the game for sure.

todd31
02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Barbarian - Marlak :D

Marlak

moops
02-08-2008, 12:28 PM
1. Coyle

debo
02-08-2008, 01:41 PM
very heady player??

lol its a big insult mud... you better look it up

Mr._Dna
02-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Obviously all my guildies and my friends from the Fallen are awesome players, but I wanted to shout out to Freezing (Sorc) - one of the few random people I've come across that really impressed me with their ability. I wasn't surprised to hear he soloed the Reaver w/out using any safe spots (something I tried and failed at w/ my sorc).

Knightrose
02-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Coyle only dies when his Cleric doesn't HEAL him!

soupertc
02-09-2008, 06:27 PM
Obviously all my guildies and my friends from the Fallen are awesome players, but I wanted to shout out to Freezing (Sorc) - one of the few random people I've come across that really impressed me with their ability. I wasn't surprised to hear he soloed the Reaver w/out using any safe spots (something I tried and failed at w/ my sorc).

Freezing is a real good player. Another Sorc who rocks is Tobiase.
I PUG alot. I have to cause I'm in a real small guild and most of those guys aren't on during the day. I've run with the majority of players on the server...alot of the ones listed. Some of them are good...some great. I tend to think of the great players as someone who teaches me how to play the game a diffrent way. I've grouped with people who still play thier 1st 28 point build and make it work. Those players who are real great tend not to brag either...they just go about the quest and do thier thing. Kind like poeple in real life.

Vaarsuvius
02-10-2008, 02:07 AM
I spend most of my time with my guildies, Legends of Aerenal, all exceptional players and great friends.

The folks from the Fallen deserve recognition as well, skilled players throughout.

There are a few others who I love to catch in Pugs, Zixx better known as Toombs from fight club, Bruttus and any of his alts, Ut who I regret I don't see as often lately, and Lori from the harpers.

The list could go on as there are many more who deserve a spot here.

V

cjschreiner
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Congrats to everyone that made the list, here's a video just for you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

If you aren't on the list here's something for you:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Granted I'm in the not listed group, oh well!!!!

Kiddot
02-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Bard... Aaliyah (Aust is an all around good player but his Bard has always been Eclaves truest competition.)

Sorc..... Hiever (hey, he can eat food, master fatherhood and beat me in kills, all at the same time. Bastige)

Wizard..... Talindar (He juggles his spell repertoire excellently. When you need it, he's got it.)

Cleric..... Ssussun (Heart breaker, soul saver and best damn cleric around. I mean, she micro heals by clicking :O )

Paladin..... Spyderwolf (He's the only guy I see use a Palladin to its max potential. Actually he's Sarlona's true Jack of all Trades)

Barb..... Cereal (lol he has UMD. But it comes in handy. Whatever he lacks he makes up for with style. Inventor of the Barbarian space helmet.)

Rogue.... Dethe (I don't know how good he is as a Rogue, lol never seen him disarm. But his dual-wield-drunken-swearing-whirlwind takes pure skill.)

Ranger.... Phaerah (This sucka defines what a good player is. Sarlona = Eclave)

Bard...Caconifix

Sorc...Octaviann

Wizard...IDK

Cleric...Dimitry

Paladin...Assio or Jammon (havent seen him in a while :(...)

Fighter...Ut or Symp

Barb...Ruthless or Spyderwolfs barb

Rouge...Jackknife

Ranger...Keensly is the best imho:cool:

Manling
02-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Treasure chests are very picky on kill counts and give the best loot to most worthy in the party. I nominate leadbelly for cleric.......Darn, I should have read the OP better.....it's best ......misread it.....where are my glasses?

Leadbelly

bigal4458
02-17-2008, 09:40 PM
The BEST players are the ones that do the most to contribute to the partys' success and work efficiently to utilize their party members' strengths.

I would prefer to group w/ the rogue that uses a paralyzing repeater, and the fighter that takes time to stun and trip effectively, the cater that utilizes crowd control, and the paladin uses his resources to buff the party, and save cleric mana. These are the best players. The ones that identify a need, and fill a role, and don't try to do everything and they don't need to constantly remind the others of how great he or she is.

Mr._Dna
02-18-2008, 04:59 PM
The BEST players are the ones that do the most to contribute to the partys' success and work efficiently to utilize their party members' strengths.

I would prefer to group w/ the rogue that uses a paralyzing repeater, and the fighter that takes time to stun and trip effectively, the cater that utilizes crowd control, and the paladin uses his resources to buff the party, and save cleric mana. These are the best players. The ones that identify a need, and fill a role, and don't try to do everything and they don't need to constantly remind the others of how great he or she is.

Well said - I try to do this, unless I'm on my sorc, then I just try to be a badass...it's a weakness.

Tobiase
03-13-2008, 08:53 AM
man Ut is a noob, can't do a thing except stand there and die.

signed,
the old mithras

soupertc
03-13-2008, 09:45 AM
man Ut is a noob, can't do a thing except stand there and die.

signed,
the old mithras

LOL