PDA

View Full Version : Bad in game support

Kilzoth_BlackBlade
02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
So I ran VON 4 today with 3 people. We finished the entire quest and after we picked up the lightning rod we got the new objective "Talk to haywire via the speaking stone" but we couldnt because we already blew up the foundry. I submitted a ticket and 45 mins later got a response. The guy said there was nothing that GM's could due to help when a quest glitched and that we would have to do it all over again....

As frustrated as I was I remained calm and asked what in game support could help with so that I knew for the future and didn't waste my time. He promptly closed the ticket.

Second time I have had in game support be rude to me and unable to help. His name was Cruice.

Opened another ticket, taked to Graster. He said the same thing and I asked him the same thing. He said "It happens randomly, repeat the quest and if it happens again open another ticket. So I asked him, if it happens again why could you fix it then and not now? and also got no response.

So what CAN in game support actually help with? waiting over an hour to have GM's say that cant fix it is getting frustrating.

Sparker
02-05-2008, 04:37 PM
This objective does not appear after you pick up the Lightning Rod, it appears approximately half-way through the quest. You must use the specific speaking stone in order to talk to Haywire which completes the objective. It sounds like your group did not speak to him through the stone at the proper time, and once the blast doors close you can not return to that area in order to use it.

Unfortunately GMs can not assist with this issue and you do need to rerun the quest if you miss the objective.

Sorry you had problems with the quest, and yes I can appreciate the absolute confusion/irony of not being able to complete an objective that states "Speak to Haywire" when you are standing right next to him.

So I ran VON 4 today with 3 people. We finished the entire quest and after we picked up the lightning rod we got the new objective "Talk to haywire via the speaking stone" but we couldnt because we already blew up the foundry. I submitted a ticket and 45 mins later got a response. The guy said there was nothing that GM's could due to help when a quest glitched and that we would have to do it all over again....

As frustrated as I was I remained calm and asked what in game support could help with so that I knew for the future and didn't waste my time. He promptly closed the ticket.

Second time I have had in game support be rude to me and unable to help. His name was Cruice.

Opened another ticket, taked to Graster. He said the same thing and I asked him the same thing. He said "It happens randomly, repeat the quest and if it happens again open another ticket. So I asked him, if it happens again why could you fix it then and not now? and also got no response.

So what CAN in game support actually help with? waiting over an hour to have GM's say that cant fix it is getting frustrating.

Kilzoth_BlackBlade
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
We did speak to the stone, the objective reappeared after we picked up the lightning rod. To make matters more confusing the GM spawned the item "Haywires voice" which you normally get in von 5, before telling us that since we had his voice and it still wasnt fixing there was nothing he could do. It was a glitch, but obviously they can fix issues in quests seeing as how they have done it before.

Sparker
02-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Please PM me with your help request # (you can see this in the ingame Help Menu) so I can look into this further to be sure the GM followed the proper procedure.

If the objective reappeared after it had been completed, please Bug Report it as I've never heard a report of that happening in the quest.

We did speak to the stone, the objective reappeared after we picked up the lightning rod. To make matters more confusing the GM spawned the item "Haywires voice" which you normally get in von 5, before telling us that since we had his voice and it still wasnt fixing there was nothing he could do. It was a glitch, but obviously they can fix issues in quests seeing as how they have done it before.

Uska
02-05-2008, 11:26 PM
You have to use the speaking stones a couple of places in the quest if you dont you still get that message at the end and cant complete the quest. it happend to me once or twice someone in the qroup forgot to use the stone at the right time and we were out of luck. sorry to hear that and good luck the next time.