PDA

View Full Version : WHICH Weapon Focus is required for the Arcane Archer line of Enhancments

HighJoe
02-03-2008, 12:03 PM
The forum post showing the new enhancements doesn't specify WHICH Weapon Focus feat is needed to take advantage of the Arcane Archer line of enhancements. Here's a direct cut and past from Q's post with Bolded text to point out the lacking information.

Ranger/Elven Arcane Archer I:
Prereqs: Ranger 6 or Elf 9, +6 Base Attack Bonus, Weapon Focus: Point Blank Shot, any one of: Elven Arcanum I, Bard Music of Energy I, Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded I, Wizard Energy of the Scholar I, or Mental Toughness
Benefit: Grants 20 spell points and the ability to conjure +1 returning arcane arrows at will. Also grants the ability to make a ranged attack as a True Strike with a +20 bonus to hit.

Point Blank shot, if you didn't know, is NOT a weapon focus. It's a feat in and of itself. This point needs to read something more like, "Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons, Point Blank Shot, etc..."

I VERY much want to take advantage of this line of enhancements and only require the knowledge of WHICH Weapon Focus Feat I need to swap in for one of my current feats to begin. I have all other pre-reqs. Just missing this KEY part of the puzzle.

esoitl
02-03-2008, 12:08 PM
as it's an archer line it wouldn't make any sense to be any type of focus beyond ranged..... whether you need PB or not is something to figure out though

Mad_Bombardier
02-03-2008, 12:10 PM
It's a typo. You can see the requirements ingame by checking the "Show Unavailable" box on the enhancements tab.

Prereqs: Ranger 6 or Elf 9, +6 Base Attack Bonus, Weapon Focus: Ranged, AND Point Blank Shot, AND any one of: Elven Arcanum I, Bard Music of Energy I, Sorcerer Energy of the Dragonblooded I, Wizard Energy of the Scholar I, or Mental Toughness