PDA

View Full Version : How is the game?

Monis20
02-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Simple question I suppose, how is this game. I played it a bit during beta but I guess I was put off by the fact that I didn't think it had that much to offer. Perhaps I was wrong from the beginning but with all the new stuff being added I thought that I would take another look. Anyway, I just was wondering how busy the servers were and what one has the most people and all that. Thank you

Mad_Bombardier
02-03-2008, 11:17 AM
We have 5 equally populated servers. And the game is awesome. Come join the fun! :)

Arianrhod
02-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Might help if you described a little more specifically what you're looking for in a game. DDO has fantastic character customization (what they can do, not how they look - that's good, but not awesome; they are all humanoids after all), and a really engaging combat system. It's less than stellar on fluff and compelling storylines however. It has had six modules added since release, with raids for each. It has outdoor zones, an auction house, a faction system, dragonmarks, feat respeccing, a revamped enhancement system, and a prototype of a crafting system (currently only for customizing raid loot). Definitely worth another look, if there were things you liked about the game 2 years ago, and want to see what's been added since.

tihocan
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
All consolidated 5 servers are pretty busy now.
And the game has A LOT more to offer than what was at launch.

JayDubya
02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
One of the keys to enjoying DDO is to play without using autoattack. If you move around and swing your weapon w/your mouse button, it is a completely different game from everything else out there.

There's lots of areas to explore now, lots of secrets to find, 6 raids. It'll keep you busy for a few weeks at least, I think.

Mortikus
02-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I just came back to check it out again. I was in late beta and bought it at launch but was very frustrated with it at the time. I hated the idea of being forced to repeat content and the extremely slow leveling curve. I also didn't like that you couldn't solo. All that has changed. The leveling curve is much better (at least in the beginiing, I'm almost level 3 and have gotten several characters to level 2). I was able to ding level 2 much faster than before. The leveling pace feels just right, not too fast and not too slow. You can solo a lot now and not just a few adventures. It can still be a challenge and there are definitely adventures that you want friends with you but it's possible to solo. You also don't need to repeat adventures thanks to the faster leveling pace (again, this is low level exprience, I don't know about the later game.) The changes have impressed me enough to continue playing and hang around for a while. I'm really loving it so far (I had nothing but frustration with it at launch). :D

tihocan
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
The leveling curve is much better (at least in the beginiing, I'm almost level 3 and have gotten several characters to level 2). I was able to ding level 2 much faster than before.
They sped-up leveling in the first 2-3 levels just for this reason. They also added solo options to make it easier to start for new people not used to grouping.
But be aware that levelling does slow down afterwards (it would just be too easy to cap a character otherwise), and soloing also become much harder past level 4 or so. In the end it's really a group game and I don't think you can really enjoy it in the long term just by playing alone.

Azure83
02-20-2008, 09:01 PM
As a new player too, I think the game has several good points. The community here is so nice, the tech support is actually very good. I had some very minor issues getting set up, and I sent an email to Turbine. Within 24 hours(actually less, but I only check once or twice a day), I had an answer. Less if you count all the really helpful people here who will gladly offer you suggestions. In my own experience, ease of use is better than other online games. My loading times are pretty good, even at busy times. I also like that it changes, stuff is added/changed.
As a noob, I'm still discovering alot about the game. And it is so much more fun than I originally thought. I think it is worth it.

Nevthial
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Awesome game. I love it. But, I'm a hardcore fan so....