PDA

View Full Version : Improved Heightening III

Samadhi
02-02-2008, 11:04 AM
My sorc was grandfathered in on IH3 - but it no longer appears to be working (i.e. my PK's now cost 34 mana instead of 31). Anyone else notice this on their character?

redoubt
02-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I have IH3 also... I'll look next time I'm on... Thanks for the heads up.

Mad_Bombardier
02-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Yay, they finally fixed it! :) I'd love to see IH3 re-added at higher level. But, there was no good reason for grandfathering.

Samadhi
02-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Yay, they finally fixed it! :) I'd love to see IH3 re-added at higher level. But, there was no good reason for grandfathering.

No good reason to fix it? I liked that my sorc was crowd control based instead of a mass-firebomber - but now there's just that much less reason to be original :( It's not like not being able to EVER redistribute AP's wasn't a more than sufficient penalty for the benefit of IH3.

Mad_Bombardier
02-02-2008, 11:20 AM
No good reason to fix it? I liked that my sorc was crowd control based instead of a mass-firebomber - but now there's just that much less reason to be original :( It's not like not being able to EVER redistribute AP's wasn't a more than sufficient penalty for the benefit of IH3.With Mod6, the AP cost for IH1 and IH2 has been corrected and credited/charged to your current AP. If you had IH2, you logged in to the new Mod with -4 AP. Everyone now pays the full amount for IH enhancements. Leaving the system where new people couldn't get the same level of enhancement for the same cost (grandfathering) was bad. And I'm glad it was fixed. You may now respec every 3 days and will lose nothing since you are not gaining anything over the new enhancement cost.

You can still be a crowd control caster. I know I am with my Wizard. ;)

Edit: From the sounds of it, you had previously paid 2+4+6 APs for IH3. IH3 is no longer working, so you should have been credited 6AP. But, IH1 costs +2 and IH2 costs +2, so you should have been credited only +2 AP when IH3 was disabled (current cost 4+6 = 10 instead of 2+4+6=12).