PDA

View Full Version : Dragon scale armor and the death penaly IDEA

Big_Russ
02-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Today I feel exactly like I thought I would about the death penalty, except more passionately about it.

The new death penalty is an acceptable system EXCEPT WHEN IT COMES TO DRAGON SCALE ARMOR.

Devs, if you can separate damage done to an item due to death penalty and make it so that it does not cause permanant damage, then you need to make that damage done to dragon scale armor repairable by general vendors. If only combat damage needed relics to repair, you would have a much happier player here.

gpk
02-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Yes I agree, something needs to be done ASAP.

The_Phenx
02-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Aye or ill be dumping mine and getting a prot 6 cloak :rolleyes: and putting my +5 addy back on.

Oreg
02-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Swiching mine back to robes tonight. Had to repair my Dragonhide twice since this mod came out.

QuantumFX
02-01-2008, 10:24 AM
I've never understood why the blacksmith in the desert can't repair them.

Strakeln
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
My ranger is on hiatus for Tempest re-spec, so you guys have until then to change this.

Otherwise, I'll tell Kargon you have introduced counterfit tasty hams to Stormreach... you'll be sorry.

Memnir
02-01-2008, 10:46 AM
/signed.

I'll send as much guacamole and OJ to Turbine HQ as it takes to bribe this fix getting on the fast-track. Just abandon the relic-repair idea totally. It's frankly always been stupid, and utterly detestable in the new mod. I don't mind the new death penalty at all; but I do mind the impact it's having on scale items.

gpk
02-01-2008, 12:02 PM
/signed.

I'll send as much guacamole and OJ to Turbine HQ as it takes to bribe this fix getting on the fast-track.

Great idea! The mere threat of sending O.J. Simpson to Turbine HQ should light a fire under the dev's behinds ;)

redoubt
02-01-2008, 08:40 PM
I agree that this would be a very good idea. It still hurts like hell to pay that much to repair, but we don't have to run back to GH after every death and cough up scales to repair. We just pay the death tax on it and move on.

Thanks for listening. :cool:

ViVid7th
02-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Am I the only one that notices that Dragon Armor is likely going to be obsolete in a month or two? Won't the prototype crafting for raid level gear be putting out better armor?

redoubt
02-02-2008, 02:07 AM
Am I the only one that notices that Dragon Armor is likely going to be obsolete in a month or two? Won't the prototype crafting for raid level gear be putting out better armor?

The only Dragon armor I own in the white scale robe. I cannot think of a better/more effecient item for a high dex character. Yes you can get another +1/2 from +7/8 armor bracers or another +1 from a pro+5 item, but those are both rare and use up more slots. The white robe is unlimited dex bonus and includes a good armor and protection item built in!!!

I got bounced of the roof the the reaver quest by the guy pulling the rez lever... 3 times in 8ish seconds... bye bye robe... at least I was already in GH.

GlassCannon
02-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Since the QA team is using all the latest gear, why wasn't this caught by them before the mod went live?

Why did this oversight make it past the Dev Team?

You don't just wear Dragonscale to strut around town, you quest in it. Death Penalty damage should have been tested on all gear types, at least conceptually, before implementation.

Someone dropped the ball. I understand there's a lot to put in, but for the stress the players endured having to go back and farm for relics in the nude, or buy them from plat farmers, I agree that certain if not all magical armor repair vendors should be able to repair Dragonscale, or that the On-Death Temporary Complete Devastation Of All Equipment On, Near and Around the Victim(within a 40 hectare radius) idea be retroactively removed from all Dragonscale types.

honkuimushi
02-02-2008, 10:48 AM
They were aware of the possibilty, that's why the repair costs were lowered to 3 relics. The no permadamage to items due to death was a late change, so they may not have thought through the implecations of having 2 types of damage. It also looks like the new quests are hard on equipment, so that seems to be exacerbating the problems. On the bright side, dragon armor no longer takes any permanent damage. I would support separating death damage from normal wear and tear. Show the death damage on the items in say yellow, instead of the colorless that's used now. For dragon armor, maybe let that damage be repaired anywhere, without relics and only regular wear require the relics and trip out to the Tor. That may require a return to the previous cost in relics. I don't have any dragon armor, but talking to a few people who have it, and the frequency of their repairs, I'm sypathetic.

Beherit_Baphomar
02-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Isnt dragonscale armour special?
You'd think it should be, being made of dragonscales and all...

Leave it as is...if it costs you relics every time, then find yourself other armour.