PDA

View Full Version : Taeron Rimond

GlassCannon
01-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Just why is he immune to all elemental and energy damage? Why is he immune to all banes? Why does he take 0 damage 99% of the time? The only thing that seems to work is Disentigrate and even that misses 80% of the time because he breaks targetting and the targetting system bugs out.

GlassCannon
02-01-2008, 03:45 AM
The guy is flat immune to every dang form of damage(secondary, dishable by a non magic user) but Acid and Unholy, only one of which we have access to. A high STR tank deals only around 20 damage a swing to him, and he has loads of HP and infinite mana, and uses attacks that completely bypass all resistances, saves, and AC(Deific Vengeance, Searing, Light, etc). Thank God he doesn't use Heal.

Blanket immunities and damage immunity on top of those blanket immunities...

Just make the quest fail as soon as we load in already, and spare us some pain(mainly in the form of Platinum... not everyone pays Plat Farmers for ridiculous amounts to fund our Scroll and Wand usage habits).

Serpent
02-01-2008, 04:28 AM
Hmm just beat the quest on elite. Sure he's hard to hit but not everything requires perfection. Just box him and smack away.

Yukiko
02-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Blade Barrier works great on him.

gpk
02-01-2008, 07:07 AM
He is not immune to all banes, like the other Eladrins, Chaotic Oustider, Good outsider work.
I'm told Greater Developer Bane works too ;)

Transmuting will also bypass his DR, so a Transmuting Greater Chaotic outsider bane would do nicely...

Talcyndl
02-01-2008, 07:21 AM
He is not immune to all banes, like the other Eladrins, Chaotic Oustider, Good outsider work.
I'm told Greater Developer Bane works too ;)

Transmuting will also bypass his DR, so a Transmuting Greater Chaotic outsider bane would do nicely...

Yup, transmuting works fine. My fighter was smacking him around for 20+ a shot and 70+ crits. And was able to hit him pretty consistently. That was on normal, but he's Level 15 and it's a level 16 quest end ;) boss, so...

Angelus_dead
02-01-2008, 08:22 AM
The guy is flat immune to every dang form of damage(secondary, dishable by a non magic user) but Acid and Unholy, only one of which we have access to. A high STR tank deals only around 20 damage a swing to him, and he has loads of HP and infinite mana, and uses attacks that completely bypass all resistances, saves, and AC(Deific Vengeance, Searing, Light, etc). Thank God he doesn't use Heal.
Ha ha. No. Rogues can hit him for 70s, tanks can hit him for 130s, and he DOES cast Heal.

PS. Green Steel weapons beat his DR. They're not hard to get.

MysticTheurge
02-01-2008, 08:30 AM
They may have given him some kind of variant of this ability that would allow it to protect him from us.

Protective Aura (Su)

Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of the ghaele. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against evil effect and a lesser globe of invulnerability, both with a radius of 20 feet (caster level equals ghaele’s HD). (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in a ghaele’s statistics block.)

Yaga_Nub
02-01-2008, 08:39 AM
PS. Green Steel weapons beat his DR. They're not hard to get.

Well I can't find one!!!

MysticTheurge
02-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Well I can't find one!!!

You don't find them. You make them.

gpk
02-01-2008, 08:41 AM
They may have given him some kind of variant of this ability that would allow it to protect him from us.

Well let's assume we are fully tainted with evil in the quest, how long would this abilty last after the ghaele are defeated? You normally don't fight the boss w/ his henchmen still around...

MysticTheurge
02-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Well let's assume we are fully tainted with evil in the quest, how long would this abilty last after the ghaele are defeated? You normally don't fight the boss w/ his henchmen still around...

Isn't he a ghaele too?

Or is he a bralani?

Or am I thinking of completely the wrong boss and we're really talking about one of the real end bosses?

gpk
02-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Isn't he a ghaele too?

Or is he a bralani?

Or am I thinking of completely the wrong boss and we're really talking about one of the real end bosses?

Oh now I'm not sure, he does cast light rays, I thought you were referring to his satellites...

Good question though, I'm actually curious if bralani DR is bypassed by Cold Iron alone and Ghaele DR by evil aligned+Cold iron...

MrCow
02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm not completely sure what the problem is with Taeron Rimond. I have found a couple spots in the quest where I pretty much could Wall of Fire him with little issue (even though he seemed to have 20 or 30 innate resistance to fire, he still went down fine).

Isn't he a ghaele too?

Or is he a bralani?

Ghaele

Dane_McArdy
02-01-2008, 09:11 AM
You don't find them. You make them.

I think they also said that you might be able to also find them in quests. But probably raid quests.

Mad_Bombardier
02-01-2008, 09:24 AM
PS. Green Steel weapons beat his DR. They're not hard to get.From the MM:

Bralani- DR Cold Iron or Evil
Ghaele- DR Cold Iron and Evil

I thought the females were Ghaeles and the males Bralani. Or does he just have better DR because he's a boss? In that case, Transmuting of Maiming sounds good.

MysticTheurge
02-01-2008, 09:49 AM
I thought the females were Ghaeles and the males Bralani.

I don't believe that's the distinction, but then I wasn't checking.

In general, the Bralani are the ones that turn into a whirlwind and the Ghaeles are the ones that turn into a ball of light.

I'm pretty sure he's a Ghaele though, which would explain his "ray of light" usage.

Mad_Bombardier
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
I don't believe that's the distinction, but then I wasn't checking.That's what I noticed in the monster avatars in the quest. You gotta be the person up front to see them before they are aggro'd and morph/take alternate form.

Uamhas
02-05-2008, 03:37 PM
/rant on
Ran this last night (this morning? time blurs for the parent of a toddler) on normal with a pretty well-balanced party. He refused to go down. My lvl 15 caster was hitting him with disintegrate for between 400 and 600 points of damage a shot (with one lucky crit of 800, and one excremental dr of 46) and his health bar just wasn't moving from 2/3 full for the most part. On the odd occassion that it DID move down, it popped right back up to 2/3... While he was casting light/chain lightning/flamestrike spells, while boxed in by melee people whacking the bejeezus out of him, while standing in firewalls, while blade barrier sliced at him, and while disintegrate pecked away. Apparently my metamagically enhanced greater dispell just wasn't enough to get rid of his buffs, either, as after about 1/3 my spell points spent on it and 2 20's I gave up. Put in a trouble ticket to see if he was bugged after several times recharging the shrines and a few near party wipes with no change.The amount of damage we did (mana pots for the lose, apparently) should have taken down Velah on elite several times over, but in the end it took a dev's intercession- but only after telling us he wasn't bugged, that he would've died eventually at that rate of damage. Oh, and the final end boss went down in about 45 seconds.
/rant off

Oreg
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't recall him being immune to fire or electricity.

Gornin
02-05-2008, 05:11 PM
No doubt about it, he is a PITA.