PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Mod 6 Quest Feedback Thread

Aspenor
01-31-2008, 07:47 AM
I ran all 5 non-raid quests last night before I had to hit the sack, and I had a great time exploring. Kudos to the devs for Mod 6, I'm loving the new challenges.

Running With The Devils - I thought this was a great quest. Cool monster selection and challenging fights make for good times. My friends tried to do some exploring without the whole party and were wiped out by the first 3 monsters on normal, LOL. What a bunch of noobs :p Great times!!!

Coalescence Chamber - okay, could be worse, interesting concept. But wow, lots of running, lots of Mario. Some people are going to really hate this quest. I didn't think it was horrible but it definitely wasn't a favorite.

Rainbow in the Dark - SWEET QUEST!!! Tons of great dungeon elements, devils to fight, and fun in the dark to boot!!!! GREAT job!!!

Let Sleeping Dust Lie - This is probably much harder on elite, I found it to be maybe too easy on normal, although I did have a fun time pressing TAB and casting instakill.

Ritual Sacrifice - this quest looks SOOO cool. Great job with the village!!! It's HUGE!!!

These are my first impressions, and I was just making this thread for people to give theirs, too. This forum is frequented by more people than the Risia forum.

One thing that I have learned, my sorc will be fully specced into spell penetration in 3 days :p

MysticTheurge
01-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Let Sleeping Dust Lie - This is probably much harder on elite, I found it to be maybe too easy on normal, although I did have a fun time pressing TAB and casting instakill.

I kind of like that normal is relatively easy and elite is waaay harder.

(Not that I've done elite yet, just based on what they've said about elite.)

akla_thornfist
01-31-2008, 08:23 AM
after you left asp nick opened that in the dark quest on hard it was horrible never finished it i got mad and logged off people running around all over the dam place. hard was 3 times more difficult than normal gave me a headache need more time in there before i up the difficulty.

Beherit_Baphomar
01-31-2008, 08:26 AM
Ive ran three of the five, Coalescence Chamber I was in a group that had someone bail at the end...so I dont know much about that other than the grand entrance it has, and the damn spiral thats NOT fun to run up for a cleric...think this one wont be run much. From what I saw you can bypass almost everything in it by just running.

Rainbow - Awesome quest. Has a feel of D&D to it with the torch and all...just feels like you're walking throo a dungeon. Monsters coming out of the dark...traps...by far my favourite. Although next time I wont be standing next to the rest of the party so much, the mobs cleave hurts alot. I think this ones gonna be pretty rough on elite.

Let sleeping dust lie - Another good quest, long, nice 'n easy on normal, sure it will scale nicely on hard and elite.

Ran around the Vale a little. Something I dont like and I dont know why this happened. Recalled from LSDL and recalled again, as you would in Necro or Gianthold and I was taken back to The Twelve...maybe a bug? Hopefully a bug, cause if you have to run to Meridia every time thats prolly gonna get old.

Excellent job though Devs, hats off to ya...

Allasar
01-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Got to run Coalescence and Rainbow yesterday afternoon and definitely agree with the above - the former is a pain with all the running and the jumping, but could become the new TBF loot run. I loved Rainbow - it definitely felt like old school and we actually had a balanced guild party in play which worked really well. Looking forward to running the remaining three today.

The double recall issue with Meridia is a bit of a pain - hope they do get that fixed. Vale was fun, especially over near the crater.

Excellent work devs!

Aspenor
01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
after you left asp nick opened that in the dark quest on hard it was horrible never finished it i got mad and logged off people running around all over the dam place. hard was 3 times more difficult than normal gave me a headache need more time in there before i up the difficulty.

Um...yeah...Akla, in those situations it may be best to yell at Nick and everybody and get them to stop zerging and try using tactics. You know as well as I do that they have zerging habits that are pretty hard to break. Especially in the torch quest with so many demons and devils I think that on hard and elite you'll need teamwork.

Nick is too used to just personally dominating and I think in this mod casters will be somewhat humbled. I know that I am altering Azpenor's build through level 16, swapping the nuking spell points for spell penetration feats.

I think, on elite, debuffs and CC are paramount for these quests. And a stout fighter or two couldn't hurt, either. True seeing is a pain in the butt to deal with for a caster.

akla_thornfist
01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
ya im gonna get my spell pen up as well on normal i could banish alot on hard very few kills wasted alot of sp, i did yell at them and then i logged out. i think normal will be my prefered setting for awile

Aspenor
01-31-2008, 09:24 AM
ya im gonna get my spell pen up as well on normal i could banish alot on hard very few kills wasted alot of sp, i did yell at them and then i logged out. i think normal will be my prefered setting for awile

I hear ya bro, I'm sorta glad I missed that, then.

Looks like there will be many, many more balanced parties, at least for a while anyway.