PDA

View Full Version : OTWF bug clarification requested

Thanimal
01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Today, Quarion indicates Rangers cannot take Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting? Can someone explain:

1) Is that a typo? It's in a section of Rogue stuff. Did she mean Rogue?

2) Does it mean that if you have even a single level of Ranger (Rogue?) then you CAN'T take it? Or does it simply mean that you don't unlock it as a Ranger (Rogue?), but if you qualify for it with another class, you can still take it?

Thanks!

PhoenixRajoNight
01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Today, Quarion indicates Rangers cannot take Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting? Can someone explain:

1) Is that a typo? It's in a section of Rogue stuff. Did she mean Rogue?

2) Does it mean that if you have even a single level of Ranger (Rogue?) then you CAN'T take it? Or does it simply mean that you don't unlock it as a Ranger (Rogue?), but if you qualify for it with another class, you can still take it?

Thanks!

It is listed in the Known Issues section, therefore it it not something that was scripted to be that way. I hope it will be fixed in 6.1, because I was so hoping to make my oversized twf dwarven ranger.

Thanimal
01-30-2008, 03:28 PM
It is listed in the Known Issues section, therefore it it not something that was scripted to be that way. I hope it will be fixed in 6.1, because I was so hoping to make my oversized twf dwarven ranger.

I think I may have been unclear. I understand it's a bug. I am asking for clarification on the exact nature of the bug, in the form of two specific questions.

Missing_Minds
01-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I think I may have been unclear. I understand it's a bug. I am asking for clarification on the exact nature of the bug, in the form of two specific questions.

ranger twf does not qualify for the OTWF. Rogue has nothing to do with it.

2. Last I heard, Q is a he.

Recovery
01-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I am pretty sure only Pure rangers cannot take it. Mix in any other class and it appears... It seems they just left rangers out of the listing for it.

Kerr
01-30-2008, 03:36 PM
ranger twf does not qualify for the OTWF. Rogue has nothing to do with it.

2. Last I heard, Q is a he.

In PNP, having the Ranger Feat DOES qualify you for any TWF add on feat that is available. The only exception is if you start wearing Medium or Heavy armor.

I'm going to be royally peeved if this was more than just an oversight on their part. :mad:

Eladrin
01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
It's an oversight, brought about by the systems that try to protect rangers from wasting feats they'd get automatically.

It will be fixed.

Kerr
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
It's an oversight, brought about by the systems that try to protect rangers from wasting feats they'd get automatically.

It will be fixed.

Bless you, man.

Strakeln
01-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I'm going to be royally peeved if this was more than just an oversight on their part. :mad:I'm going to continue to point and laugh at DDO's horrible QA. Whoda thunk it might be a good idea to check OTWF on one of the three classes most likely to use it? :rolleyes:

Thanimal
01-30-2008, 03:46 PM
I am pretty sure only Pure rangers cannot take it. Mix in any other class and it appears... It seems they just left rangers out of the listing for it.

Thanks for answering my question! As it turns out the only build I'm going to use it on in the near future is *mostly* Fighter, but I have a Ranger splash because it was nearly strictly better that way. I do feel a little bad for the pure Rangers who have to wait, though. Any chance of an emergency hotfix? Kinda seems like about 1 bit needs to be flipped?

ArkoHighStar
01-30-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm going to continue to point and laugh at DDO's horrible QA. Whoda thunk it might be a good idea to check OTWF on one of the three classes most likely to use it? :rolleyes:

Just shows how little you know about QA, since it is in the known issues list, that means QA caught it and the decision was made to release the mod with it, that decision has nothing to do with the quality of QA, but was a calculated decision based on effort to fix and whether you should delay the release based on this. That is a management decision, and one I can live with.

Strakeln
01-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Just shows how little you know about QA, since it is in the known issues list, that means QA caught it and the decision was made to release the mod with it, that decision has nothing to do with the quality of QA, but was a calculated decision based on effort to fix and whether you should delay the release based on this. That is a management decision, and one I can live with.Actually, it shows that I forgot it was a known issue. And that you have a chip on your shoulder!

rimble
01-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Not that it matters, but the Known Issues has been updated throughout the day. Pretty sure the OTWF wasn't there upon initial posting. Regardless, snide QA posts are pretty pointless, chill.

Kerr
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Even when it's patched, do we get a Free Respec Token to swap out the feat we'll have to spend when we level to 15? I want OTWF, not anything else, but will have to pick something at least temporarily.

Strakeln
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Not that it matters, but the Known Issues has been updated throughout the day. Pretty sure the OTWF wasn't there upon initial posting. Regardless, snide QA posts are pretty pointless, chill.Good point. Would explain why I didn't see it.

...it would also imply that this was not found by QA, but rather by a bug report from a live server <cough>...

Strykersz
01-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Good point. Would explain why I didn't see it.

...it would also imply that this was not found by QA, but rather by a bug report from a live server <cough>...

It was reported on Risia during the initial build they put up there.

flynnjd5150
01-30-2008, 08:28 PM
I WAS able to take the feat at level 13 immediately after I logged in tonight and before reading the known issues list. I was taking a level of fighter and selected it as my level 4 fighter bonus feat so I am now a 9rgr/4 ftr. I did not specifically take any of the TWF feats ... only what a level 9 ranger would have gotten for free. I don't know if this helps anyone, but I thought I'd pass it along.

Samadhi
01-30-2008, 11:16 PM

It will be fixed.

Was this that hard to fix though? This was bug reported on Risia a month ago and posted in the Risia forum as well.

MysticTheurge
01-31-2008, 12:23 AM

Given that it was found and reported by people on Risia, that seems unlikely to truly be the answer.

It seems likely it was merely mistakenly left out of the Known Issues, initially.