PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sword for Mod 6 - A Request

honkuimushi
01-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Looking at the release notes last night I started thinking about the upcoming changes to Holy Sword in Mod 6. Several people have said that even making it Holy Burst won't make it much more popular, but I could see it being useful for Outsiders on occasion. The addition of readily available cold iron weapons in all varieties that are convertable to Holy burst and are available for an entire quest could be useful on occasion. But as I was thinking about it, I remembered that the enemies in Mod 6 are devils. Demons have DR/ Cold Iron, Good. Devils have DR/ Silver, Good. So would it be possible to get blessed silver weapons added to the same vendors that will be selling the cold iron versions?

Yaga_Nub
01-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Looking at the release notes last night I started thinking about the upcoming changes to Holy Sword in Mod 6. Several people have said that even making it Holy Burst won't make it much more popular, but I could see it being useful for Outsiders on occasion. The addition of readily available cold iron weapons in all varieties that are convertable to Holy burst and are available for an entire quest could be useful on occasion. But as I was thinking about it, I remembered that the enemies in Mod 6 are devils. Demons have DR/ Cold Iron, Good. Devils have DR/ Silver, Good. So would it be possible to get blessed silver weapons added to the same vendors that will be selling the cold iron versions?

Or transmuting versions so I don't have to carry around both?

Ciaran
01-30-2008, 10:48 AM
*editted out incorrect information* That would be great.

That said, there are both demons and devils in MOD6, so having good-aligned and cold iron weapons will still be good...you just need to find a decent silver and good-aligned weapon.

MysticTheurge
01-30-2008, 10:56 AM
That said, there are both demons and devils in MOD6

Uh... I don't think there are.

Just devils, that I've seen.

Ciaran
01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Uh... I don't think there are.

Just devils, that I've seen.

D'oh - I guess I assumed since Shavarath was being inter-woven into the Vale that there'd be demons too.

Good idea to have both I guess...just in case.

MysticTheurge
01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
D'oh - I guess I assumed since Shavarath was being inter-woven into the Vale that there'd be demons too.

Well the plot is being masterminded by a Pit Fiend, so he's mostly got Devils moving in.

Angelus_dead
01-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Or transmuting versions so I don't have to carry around both?
Transmuting would be a little too strong, and break verisimilitude. It would also make the weapon beat DR/Bludgeon and DR/Adamanatine, which there is no reason to expect Holy Sword to do. Cold Iron, Silver, and maybe Byeshk are all it should handle.

MysticTheurge
01-30-2008, 11:38 AM
DR/Adamanatine, which there is no reason to expect Holy Sword to do.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to cast Holy Sword on an adamantine weapon.