PDA

View Full Version : Mod 7 = Unique Opportunity to Increase Subs

Pellegro
01-29-2008, 11:40 PM
OK advertising is always good ...

And I agree - the fact that we're getting "monks" is not by itself going to draw tons of folks.

But with the release of monks, Turbine will have a unique opportunity. For the 3-4-6 weeks after that release, nearly everyone on every server will be running low level stuff with their new monks. And their second rolled monks.

That means the servers will be packed with LFMs for level 1-6 stuff. I can't think of a better time to try and get new players into the game then when the server is packed with people running low level stuff.

That is all.

Angelus_dead
01-30-2008, 12:23 AM
That means the servers will be packed with LFMs for level 1-6 stuff. I can't think of a better time to try and get new players into the game then when the server is packed with people running low level stuff.
Packed full of people who are eager to test out the goodies monks get at each level, so they're trying to blast through levels 1-6 as fast as possible? How's that good for new players?

It would be better for new players to come in at some other time than the introduction of a new class, because then the players they meet in low-level groups might be more inclined to go slow and explain things.

underlordone
01-30-2008, 12:28 AM
hmm gold edtion ddo now with monk power hehe put that on the shelvs and sell it

TechNoFear
01-30-2008, 03:51 AM

I can see the LFMs now....

"5 Monks seek other, n/h/e"

Yaga_Nub
01-30-2008, 07:33 AM
OK advertising is always good ...

And I agree - the fact that we're getting "monks" is not by itself going to draw tons of folks.

But with the release of monks, Turbine will have a unique opportunity. For the 3-4-6 weeks after that release, nearly everyone on every server will be running low level stuff with their new monks. And their second rolled monks.

That is all.

I don't think there will be the mass creation of monks that everyone on the forums keeps talking about. Only a very vocal few (YES FEW) on the forums are really clamoring for them.

Milolyen
01-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Packed full of people who are eager to test out the goodies monks get at each level, so they're trying to blast through levels 1-6 as fast as possible? How's that good for new players?

It would be better for new players to come in at some other time than the introduction of a new class, because then the players they meet in low-level groups might be more inclined to go slow and explain things.

Very true. It would not be a good idea to have new people to come in and join those groups because alot of these people makeing monks will be looking to go from lvl 1 to cap as fast as possible and wont really want to or have the patience to take their time going thru a quest. Which we all know will give a bad impression and overwhelm a new player.

Milolyen

Invalid_86
01-30-2008, 02:26 PM
You too can watch insanely twinked monks race through low level content as quickly as possible! Buy DDO today!

PhoenixRajoNight
01-30-2008, 03:23 PM

A better Promo would be for a month prior, buy the game this month get an additional 30 days gametime, that way new players could learn the 1-6 stuff together and then when monks came out the next month theyd have some xp behind them and able to game with the vets, because alot of them are impatient to new players, especially newbs(peeps who dont want to learn the game for themselves and want other peeps to tell them everything without trying to learn anything on their own).