PDA

View Full Version : -Scrappings from the Freezer-

Brutous
01-29-2008, 05:00 PM
*scrape.....scrape...

Oh! Hi. Its me, *scrape....scrape.
You may have noticed my scraping of the freezer for "artificial snow."

Most of the country is covered in this stuff, but as for me. Well I lucked out and live in the valley in sweet sweet Portland.
So really didn't get any snow. I do miss snow, I miss the whole winter thing, just not the shoveling of snow.
Well here I am, scraping "A-S" (artificial snow) for my snow needs.

Some of you may ask, "Why am I doing such a silly thing?"

Well let me tell you, I miss the joy of a good snowball fight.
The adrenaline, the adventure, the glory of battle, the fact that your little brother is a human snowball tank in those 10+ layers of sweaters, hoodies, and puff jacket-

None of the less, I miss those days. But I have DDO, and this freezer.

Sigh....

Let me know what you miss about your childhood.

Dariuss
01-29-2008, 05:03 PM
*scrape.....scrape...

Most of the country is covered in this stuff, but as for me. Well I lucked out and live in the valley in sweet sweet Portland.
So he hard get any snow. I do miss snow, I miss the whole winter thing, just not the shoveling of snow.

The adrenaline, the adventure, the glory of battle, the fact that your little brother is a human snowball tank in those 10+ layers of sweaters, hoodies, and puff jacket-

Sigh....

I miss how everything used to taste better... well, crappy food used to taste better. Cheeze Whiz, man, i used to eat that all the time.... bought some the other day, it did not taste good. McDonald's.... hurts my tummy now. Freezies... not the same. kraft dinner.... sucks now. of course that might have been my poor college days that ruined that one. Mr. noodle! i used to love that stuff man! now, not so much.

ChaelaAnne
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
*scrape.....scrape...

So he hard get any snow. I do miss snow, I miss the whole winter thing, just not the shoveling of snow.

Sigh....

I live north of the "other Portland" (Aka, Maine) and I would be more then happy to ship you several hundred tons of snow...

KoboldKiller
01-29-2008, 05:05 PM
*scrape.....scrape...

Sigh....

Hey, I'm in Sherwood and I too miss the snow. I grew up in Colorado where a 1/4" snow didn't shut down the state.

Brutous
01-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey, I'm in Sherwood and I too miss the snow. I grew up in Colorado where a 1/4" snow didn't shut down the state.

Oregon?

Brutous
01-29-2008, 05:16 PM
I live north of the "other Portland" (Aka, Maine) and I would be more then happy to ship you several hundred tons of snow...

Will gladly take 100 tons of snow- please send it to my work.

KoboldKiller
01-29-2008, 05:16 PM
Oregon?

Sorry, yep Sherwood Oregon.

Brutous
01-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Sorry, yep Sherwood Oregon.

SW Pacific HWY 99?

KoboldKiller
01-29-2008, 05:19 PM
SW Pacific HWY 99?

Yep just West of Tualatin, NW of Wilsonville.

Brutous
01-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Yep just West of Tualatin, NW of Wilsonville.

Ya, I know it just making shure- on the way to McMinville. Which reminds me, they are the only ones with a Ruby Tuesday.

KoboldKiller
01-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Ya, I know it just making shure- on the way to McMinville. Which reminds me, they are the only ones with a Ruby Tuesday.

Ya unless you want to go out to washington square area.

Brutous
01-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Ya unless you want to go out to washington square area.

I tried to take 217 from 99W during Labor Day weekend Once...

KoboldKiller
01-29-2008, 06:25 PM
I tried to take 217 from 99W during Labor Day weekend Once...

I take it you reached your destination when the weekend was over. :D

binnsr
01-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I grew up in Colorado where a 1/4" snow didn't shut down the state.

/sigh .. we had flurries today and everyone went home early...

Brutous
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I take it you reached your destination when the weekend was over. :D

Yep.. took two hours to get home- (Milwaukie).

Brutous
01-30-2008, 01:32 PM
/sigh .. we had flurries today and everyone went home early...

I spent my X-Mass in the Hills of Woodland WA- We got snow that day- It was nice.

KoboldKiller
01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
I think we had 1-2" at most in some areas and schools closed. I remember going to school in Colorado in 6" to a foot. One time in 4th grade it was -17 and the heaters went out at school. Instead of closing they put us all in the gym with big portable heaters. /Sigh, the country has gone soft.

Brutous
01-31-2008, 02:57 PM
I think we had 1-2" at most in some areas and schools closed. I remember going to school in Colorado in 6" to a foot. One time in 4th grade it was -17 and the heaters went out at school. Instead of closing they put us all in the gym with big portable heaters. /Sigh, the country has gone soft.

much agreed.