PDA

View Full Version : cons of DDO DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION to date.

Drfirewater79
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
This is development discussion right ?

we are suppost to discuss Development right?

so why is it that every post that is looking directly at a developmental issue gets raided by people who have nothing to add to the topic of discussion?

why do people feel the need to pick on spelling or grammer which could be from typing faster then you can think or wireless keyboard issues, or straight out not carrying cause you are so involved in the topic.

I know what your thinking what does this have to do with development ?

well i will tell you the people who reply to posts an dont say anything of value to the post either for or against lead to nothing but agrovation which turns on the devs instead of where it belongs with the jerks who cant take development of the game we all love seriously.

if you dont care about the game dont join development discussion, go to general discussion and talk your hearts delight to other people who dont care about development ... other wise if you have nothing to add to a topic dont write "I have nothing to say about that" cause no one cares what you dont have to say about the topic.

and secondly if you cant read through a couple spelling mistakes or grammer issues then you cant read. its been proven that you can actually make out an entire story when only the first and last letters of a word are spelt right and everything in between is mixed up. PROVEN FACT. so if you have issues with grammer start a grammer forum and cry all about it .....

but please if you care about the game and its continued Development dont start arguements that are not based on the topic at hand cause it stops the devs from taking the posts seriously. which leads to them skipping over some of the great ideas and dumb ones too which are what this forum is for.

If more then half the posts have nothing to do with peoples reply to the question or topic started the devs wont take the posts seriously and cast it aside which means all the good ideas get tossed out too.

anyone think maybe this is the reason we dont have new classes by now .... everything that says we want more classes and races gets filled with hate comments and other non prodcutive comments or picture posts that have nothing to do with development.

This is my stand i hope that all read this and realize that Development is taken seiously by alot of players and if you cant respect that maybe you could find your way to another forum or at least leave your usless posts to yourself...

thank you for your co-opperation

ArkoHighStar
01-29-2008, 04:32 PM
so what exactly are you saying?

sorry I was too busy having a discussion on development

Beherit_Baphomar
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
I can see this one developing into a flamefest.

/froth on!

I mean

/flame on!

Icharius
01-29-2008, 04:35 PM
I applaud your stance. truly. I sympatize with it.

But I think DEVs are well aware of the initials intentions of posts referring to game improvements or enhancements, they CAN read between lines and between BS, give them more credits.

As for the reason they dump good ideas, well that´s theirs to decide, they may have a totally different agenda than the genius poster of good ideas and they would have time to consider them or not.

Arnya
01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
I think we should develop some discussion

Or at least discuss the development of said discussion.

Well? Any developments?

Discuss...

Ghoste
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
If it's a discussion, why tell people who disagree they shouldn't respond at all? You're looking for a bunch of yes men.

A real discussion is an exchange of ideas. Even if those ideas oppose each other. The whole point of a discussion is to calmly and peacefully stroll through that avenue of ideas with a group of people. Hopefully everyone comes out with something new to think about.

If you begin a post with the intent "I'm right and anyone who disagrees, no matter what their point, is wrong and I'm going to make them see that" then you're not really looking for a discussion in the true sense of the word.

And your comment about adding value: just another easy way you've cleverly thought up of dismissing comments from anyone who doesn't whole heartedly agree.

Lastly, I will leave the op with this to ponder:

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.

Friedrich Nietzsche, The Dawn, Sec. 297
For example, Nietzsche would not say "anyone who disagrees with me is a tard."

Beherit_Baphomar
01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I think we should develop some discussion

Or at least discuss the development of said discussion.

Well? Any developments?

Discuss...

How can we discuss development when the development that you want to discuss hasnt been developed?!?!

Development most develop before any discussion of said development can be talked about, i.e discussed.

Discuss...

sigtrent
01-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I doubt very much if any fluff posting has any impact on the development of DDO propper.

Communication your ideas clearly and persuasively will help get your message to Turbine but our ideas are not the life's breath of DDO development.

I only point out issues of forumn posts that detract from my abbility or interest to understand the poster, and I generaly do it just to let them know that whatever it was they were trying to say was pretty much lost due to the way they said it. Learing to communicate well is an incredibly useful skill. (and yes, my spelling is terrible unless I run it through a word processor which I rarely do on forumns)

Ghoste
01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
How can we discuss development when the development that you want to discuss hasnt been developed?!?!

Development most develop before any discussion of said development can be talked about, i.e discussed.

Discuss...
I some cases, yes. But I think there is a lot of room for players to give the devs good ideas.

It just really helps to focus on communicating your idea clearly and simply, and less on knocking people who don't agree. People do a lot more to discredit their own ideas by starting flame wars than anything anyone else did by simply trying to explain an opposing argument. Conciseness helps a lot too.

Arnya
01-29-2008, 05:02 PM

Discuss...

I am disgusted by the developments in this discussion and will be developing discussions on disgustion.

Weee I just made up a word!

I can make my own threads now!!

EDIT: DAMMIT!!! http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Disgustion ...Next time!!

BlueLightBandit
01-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I developed a process for this, but it has not been discussed yet, so therefore I cannot post either the discussion regarding said development, nor development of the process for discussion.

I then discussed developing a process to develop the discussion that does not yet exist, but I found it to be just plain silly.

However, if you are wondering why ideas mentioned in the development discussion don't always appear to go directly into the game... then there are several reasons for that: not every idea is a good idea, not every idea deemed to be a good idea by the forum community is deemed to be a good idea by the developers, even if the developers do find a good idea on the forum AND they want to incorporate it into the game it could take months or years to ingratiate every nuance and aspect of even a minor detail. Finally, if it's an idea that is based on changing a core concept of the game, then I'm pretty sure they just write it off as something that's simply not feasible.

Then again, if it's a fantastic idea, shrouded in poor grammar, insults and personal attacks... then they probably never even see the idea in the first place.

Is that what you were looking for?

Drfirewater79
01-29-2008, 05:47 PM
If it's a discussion, why tell people who disagree they shouldn't respond at all? You're looking for a bunch of yes men.

A real discussion is an exchange of ideas. Even if those ideas oppose each other. The whole point of a discussion is to calmly and peacefully stroll through that avenue of ideas with a group of people. Hopefully everyone comes out with something new to think about.

If you begin a post with the intent "I'm right and anyone who disagrees, no matter what their point, is wrong and I'm going to make them see that" then you're not really looking for a discussion in the true sense of the word.

And your comment about adding value: just another easy way you've cleverly thought up of dismissing comments from anyone who doesn't whole heartedly agree.

Lastly, I will leave the op with this to ponder:

For example, Nietzsche would not say "anyone who disagrees with me is a tard."

i have never said dont disagree with me in any posts what i have said was dont post anything that does not comply with the topic at hand

the topic is not spelling or grammer (which is against COC to bring up)

its not about personal attacks (which i have seen from more then one person who didnt have anything else to add to the topic)

its about the topic

if you dont like the topic or want to talk about something else then post your own thread

my problem here is that many of the people who replied to this thread (knowing they would when i created it ) have spent there time ruining a serious development thread where a topic of mild interest in the future developmetn and production of DDO was being discussed in a civil and non dev threatening manner. And still some found the need to destroy what could have been a thread worth reading by dev's

in fact the tread in question about expansion set for the future even had he topic in a staight froward players add comments about this devs give answers about that .... and only one person in the whole thread came up with a vailid responce to anything said

it went to 2 or 3 pages in a matter of an hour 80% of it was stupid reply by people who didnt care about the topic in the first place.

opinions are excepted and expected but useless bantering just rases peoples anger and takes thins further off topic

people who post these BS junk posts (which the OP cannot delete for staying off topic as a method of controling his own topic discussion and since i cannot squelch people for being jerks in a forum like i could in a party) take over the OP and dont leave any room for discussion about development.

Kick me from the game if ya want but anyone who does such things is a jerk and is doing nothing more then destroying the premise in which this forum was built ..... people discussing the development of the game they love in hopes that dev's will listen

if ya dont like someone personally dont reply to there threads

if ya dont like the topic dont reply to the tread

if ya dont care about development why waste your time in this Forum ....

people come to dev dis forum to talk about the future of the game they love if you can talk about the game then get lost.

and that is all i have to say about this anymore i just wanted to make sure all of the people who feel the same way knew that you people are out there and you have done an excellent job of showing other exactlly what i mean. ty for proving me right.

ps

i didnt say anyone who doesnt agree with me is a tard i said anyone who thinks they are owed classes and races and shouldnt pay extra for something cause its CORE is a tard.

Ghoste
01-29-2008, 05:53 PM
The thing is your interpretation of "liking the topic". Repeatedly you have told me that I don't like a topic, when the truth was that I didn't agree with your stance on the topic. You called that "not liking the topic, so stop posting". And don't pretend you haven't insulted people for just straight up disagreeing.

And for the record, most people posting in that thread think the thread you are referring to was ruined by the first post, not later by other people. The op in that thread was full of flaming, some parts already edited out by Tolero, and if it weren't for my optimism telling me you were really just trying to communicate a sincere idea, it would look a whole lot like a troll to me, purposely inviting attacks just for kicks.

And again for the record, I never said you told people not to disagree, I said you insulted people who disagreed.

if ya dont like someone personally dont reply to there threads
I have nothing against you personally, I felt comment needed to be made on certain points I chose out of the op. Why does disagreement = personal hate?
if ya dont like the topic dont reply to the tread
I care about the topic
if ya dont care about development why waste your time in this Forum ....
I care about development.Does that mean I now have your permission to post in this thread? Don't answer that cuz I don't care about your permission.

i didnt say anyone who doesnt agree with me is a tard i said anyone who thinks they are owed classes and races and shouldnt pay extra for something cause its CORE is a tard.Now you're just mincing words. You gave your opinion, then stating the opposing opinion called anyone who held it a t***.

opinions are excepted and expected but useless bantering just rases peoples anger and takes thins further off topic Like calling names? Like in the op of the thread you're discussing? Is that what you meant? Or did you just mean when other people do it?

And not to be too knitpicky, but "excepting" others opinions is the problem. Accepting them is a better route.

Impaqt
01-29-2008, 06:05 PM
i
i didnt say anyone who doesnt agree with me is a tard i said anyone who thinks they are owed classes and races and shouldnt pay extra for something cause its CORE is a tard.

No difference..... Your caling people Jerks and Tars in this thread as wel as the last one. Unacceptable behavior. No good can come from any thread like this.

Ghoste
01-29-2008, 06:10 PM
And I haven't seen anyone suggest kicking you from the game, or from the forums. Are you possibly putting words into other people's mouths?

If you can post a link to someone saying anything like that, I would be curious to see that. As much as I have disagreed with your methods (although you'd be surprised how many of your ideas, in their pure unflaming form, I have agreed with), I will state clearly now that I would be offended by anyone who told you to leave either the forums or the game.

Drfirewater79
01-29-2008, 06:13 PM
that was the whole purpost of this post

so that i coud without pointing fingers and without making it personal

If i really cared to i could go through all these threads and posts and quote all the people who did nothig but add comments that where off topic and ruined the last three thread posts and i could show quotes of all the people who didnt agree with what i said who i had at times even heated debates without it being personal or hate filled. All of which where ruined by one or more people in this thread because they thought that it was funny instead of realizing some of us come here cause they want to make a difference.

while others seem to come with the sole intention of ****ing others off.

that is why i had to make this post and its why i dont care one way or another about if i am breaking COC any more with any of you.

i am done wastig my time on this thread about yall wasting my time now just wanted to get it out there so you know where i am comming from.

Ghoste
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
You asked a question. You got answers.

You can either heed those answers and have more flame free threads in the future, or you can continue to insult people and get all confused when they decide to comment on your behavior and not the topic you told them to discuss.

Arnya
01-29-2008, 06:22 PM
while others seem to come with the sole intention of ****ing others off.

Welcome to the internet - Serious Business.

We at the DDO forums come with the sole intention of watching people ****ing themselves off :)

Rickpa
01-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Since this thread isn't about the development of DDO per se, doesn't it belong in the general forum?

underlordone
01-29-2008, 06:36 PM
my hero :P

Hendrik
01-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Since this thread isn't about the development of DDO per se, doesn't it belong in the general forum?

Maybe.

lasra
01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
No difference..... Your caling people Jerks and Tars in this thread as well as the last one. Unacceptable behavior. No good can come from any thread like this.

I leave you with the following exchange from Talladega Nights:

Ricky Bobby: With all due respect, sir, I didn't know you had your ****s removed and donated to science.
Dennit: Wha-... EXCUSE ME?!?!
Ricky Bobby: WHAT? I said "with all due respect!"
Dennit: Yes, but that doesn't mean you can still SAY it!!
Ricky Bobby: Sure as heck does!

Tolero
01-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Perhaps I wasn't clear enough on this yesterday, so I advise everyone to review the following:

If you feel that a user is violating the forum guidelines, please use the reported post feature.

If you don't get along with another user, use the forum's ignore feature to avoid further confrontation with them.

Flaming someone, instead of using the reported post or ignore feature, is not appropriate and will more than likely bring the executioner's blade down on your head as well.

No name calling
No personal attacks
No insults
No provoking other users