PDA

View Full Version : Superior Two Weapon Fighting ?

Drith
01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I see that Superior Two Handed Fighting is mentioned in the WDA but not Superior Two Weapon Fighthing.

Is this going in with MOD 6 and if so what are the minimum requirements.

As the minimum requirements for Greater Two Weapon Fighting are less then that in the pen and paper rules I'm assuming that the requirements for Superior Two Weapon Fighting in DDO will also be less then in the pen and paper rules.

I'm hoping for a requirement of a base DEX of 17 but I think that's wishfull thinking and that it will probably be a base DEX of 19.

Does anyone have any information with regards to this ?

Thanks ahead of time.

Drith

Yaga_Nub
01-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Must have been an oversight on Q's part.

Min Dex of 19.

ChildrenofBodom
01-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Not mentioned in first look release notes either.

My guess is it will be in the final release notes.

I just hope rangers get it free. Would be a rip-off if we didn't. :(

Drith
01-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks a bunch. This is what I though.

WTB + 3 DEX TOME.

:(

ChildrenofBodom
01-29-2008, 02:55 PM

WTB + 3 DEX TOME.

There aren't +3 unbound tomes yet. ;)

Kerr
01-29-2008, 02:56 PM
There is talk of Rangers getting it without any attribute prereqs as a Tempest Ranger 2 enhancement.

Gratch
01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I don't see superior two weapon or superior two handed fighting feats on the current Risia build. Though I'm guessing those are both wrapped into their recent changes of the 5th attack series since they both require BAB 15.

Also, they completely messed up on the feat description:

Die Hard: Allows a ranger to use festivult tape to secure their bow and two arrows onto their back. All other weapons and ammo must be discarded or used. If the ranger approaches under 10% of their total health points, they may fire both arrows with true strike precision (+20) and both arrows will apply a dc30 slaying effect to their target(s) (even bypassing boss immunities).

sigtrent
01-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Ya... folks have been talking about superior TWF and THF but I havn't seen them in any notes so I wonder where they are getting the impression that they are in mod 6.

I havn't heard of them on Risia and the fellow above says they arn't.

That leads me to believe they arn't in the patch since nothing other than general chatter about it indicates they are.

Codog talked about the work on them and verified the requirements as they currently stand but never said they would be part of mod 6. I think people have jumped the gun and made assumptions about it.

I havn't looked on Risia myself but i would guess if they arn't there, they arn't in mod 6.

Westerner
01-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I just hope rangers get it free. Would be a rip-off if we didn't. :(
Talk was that rangers might get it free in Mod7. I'm not expecting it for free in Mod6, but we can always hope. :)

Mad_Bombardier
01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Ya... folks have been talking about superior TWF and THF but I havn't seen them in any notes so I wonder where they are getting the impression that they are in mod 6.

I havn't heard of them on Risia and the fellow above says they arn't.Codog did imply that they were in the plan for Mod6. But, who knows what happened during development.

As currently implemented, the feat requires DEX 19, BAB 15, and Greater Two Weapon Fighting. I will follow up if any subsequent changes happen to it before we push module 6 out.

Westerner
01-30-2008, 10:38 AM
STWF is not mentioned in the Final Release Notes either. :(

Dworkin_of_Amber
01-30-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know if it made Mod 6 or not, but the official word we have been given about STWF is:

1) Prerequisites: Dex 19, BAB 15, Greater Two-Weapon
2) Rangers will *NOT* be given it for free
3) They are considering giving Rangers an 'equivalent' ability with Tempest II... but no promises there

That is info from the Devs. If you want to read it yourself, go find the post I put up a few months ago titles "Quarion/CODOG, Can we please get the Dex/BAB Requirements for STWF?"

Razvan
01-30-2008, 11:27 AM

WTB + 3 DEX TOME.

I have the same problem...
Solution: Put the attribute point at lev 16 in dex and find a +2 DEX tome....much easier

rpasell
01-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Last I heard was it will be wrapped into the Tempest line as Tempest II, but never heard anything about it being in Mod6 or saw it on Risia. As it is a completely (as I understand) made up (non-PnP) feat it would be their prerogative to put it in whenever they want.

Eldun
01-30-2008, 12:20 PM
It's posted on another sight by the Devs ... it's not being offered with Mod 6.