PDA

View Full Version : Something do when things get slow

key
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Everyone's experienced this one time or another; You log on, check the social page for jobs and finding out there's either few people on or they're in groups and you don't feel like soloing for one reason or another.
Sure you can go to the auction or shop or even PVP (if there's anyone around who wants to do so) but that gets boring after awhile.
So what does the player do?
My suggestion; Give the players craft skills. For example casters can create scrolls or wands or potions (via collecting or buying materials)(Ya I know this is class specific), or allow players to make weapons, clothing, etc. Not saying make it easy for players to do this but as one alternative to going on quests or to do something when things get slow.
Another suggestion; Want to hang out with friends or just relax, give the players some casual outfits to hang around town in instead wearing armor all the time (kind of goes with the previous suggestion.)
Well there's my two coppers and I hope this made sense.
Any thoughts, opinions, ideas?

Lithic
01-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Easy way to give us something to do... Make slayer areas open to higher level characters. With or without exp, some of us want those completions even though we are past the arbitrary level limit.

I'd kill quite a few hours while waiting for a party to fill up in there.

slumbering_dragon
01-28-2008, 12:43 PM
well they are making crafting in moc 6 in a few days, with that said all of your material will be hunted in gungeons. clothing is one thing alot of people have been asking for awhile now. i suggest some side games like dice rolling for coinage, or a type of poker that others can join the table. i would love to see a deck of many things in the game, lets say a sneaky little thief gets you attition in a dark ally, he propeses a game to play for only 100kPP, you both pull a card out and then anti up the wager, once you have finished betting you both turn over your cards at the same time, now the card in a deck of many things a bothe good and bad cards, the winner not only gets what is on the card but the money as well. if you lose you coulde lose a lvl or xp or even have to be teleported to a pocket universe and fight a random creature. now i could spend days doing something like that.

MeNorel
01-28-2008, 12:47 PM
wow 100kpp that would leave most of my characters out. :p

slumbering_dragon
01-28-2008, 07:44 PM
i put it in wrong i was thinking 100kgp or 10kpp my bad, but it would be fun tho.

Vizzini
01-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I have an idea of something you could do when your bored...

Farm Planar Girds or other rare items for me, you can mail them to

Orion Box: Vizzini
Khyber, Ebberon

Pellegro
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
I want card games in Taverns.

With betting of plat.

GlassCannon
01-29-2008, 04:58 AM
Play Final Fantasy 12, or break out my SNES or NES and reminisce while enjoying a classic. That or study some more randomness on Wikipedia.

Oh, those are solutions, pardon.

How about... a Random Placement LFM-based game that finds a party that has not Reserved a slot and places you in it(level restrictions in mind)? Of course, making it much like a Lottery Machine would be a bit silly.

As for things to do... wilderness areas are not exactly a friendly alternative to parties, especially for certain classes(Rogues). A Wilderness Area still requires a party.

lenric
01-29-2008, 05:10 AM
I want card games in Taverns.

With betting of plat.

there are 2 simple and pointless although addicting gambling games in the phoenix tavern..if you head back past the pvp pit over the bridge there you will find a dice game and roulette.

Boldrin
01-29-2008, 05:28 AM
i put it in wrong i was thinking 100kgp or 10kpp my bad, but it would be fun tho.

100K pp is more suitable for the deck of many things, one of the most powerful artifacts in DDO.

lenric
01-29-2008, 05:42 AM
100K pp is more suitable for the deck of many things, one of the most powerful artifacts in DnD.

Corrected for lack of a DoMT in DDO