PDA

View Full Version : Tell Tolero #5

Tolero
01-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Good Morning Stormreach! It's time to talk to Tolero!

How it works:
I'll be asking you questions, and here in my thread, you tell me: What comes to mind; what you think; how you feel; etc, as it relates to the question(s) at hand. If you missed the previous week's questions, they'll be listed below and you can answer them here too. Thank you so much to everyone for offering their answers!

Ground Rules:
Before we get started, let's lay down three ground rules if you're going to participate in the thread. These ground rules also have a few samples to help clarify participation:

#1 - The single most important rule to remember while participating in this thread is:
No personal attacks.
If you disagree with the opinion of another participant, that's fine, but no one can make anyone agree to their opinion. Thus, please refrain from commenting on the personal qualities of others who offer their responses to the question(s). Personal attacks go against forum guidelines. Questions asked will be subjective, and some users will have a lot related to their opinion, while others may only define things in short phrases. All forms are acceptable.
Hypothetical Example:
Tolero "Do you like ice cream?"
Player 1 "I hate ice cream because it's too tough to scoop"
Acceptable "I like it. It's not that bad to scoop once you let it sit on the counter for a little bit before you try to dip it Player 1."
Acceptable "I like it but I have the same problem as Player 1. What brand is it Player 1?"
Acceptable "I don't think it's too hard, I never have any problem with it. I like ice cream."
Unacceptable "That's cause you're a noob..."
Unacceptable "You don't have enough experience with scooping to be talking about how difficult it is"
Unacceptable "How about you back that opinion up with some numbers. If you can't prove it don't bring it here"

Everyone has the right to offer their response to the question(s), whether they have scientific data to back up their feelings, or they simply just "feel" a certain way towards the question(s).

#2 - Participate as well as discuss.
If you would like to join in the discussion, please be sure to offer your response to the questions as well, in addition to your conversation with any other thread participants
Hypothetical Example:
Tolero "What's your favorite color?"
Player 1 "Blue"
Player 2 "Green"
Acceptable "Purple... hey Player 2, how come you like Green?"
Unacceptable "hey Player 2 how come you like Green?"

Please be sure to take the time to offer your own opinion of the question(s) before you engage in a discussion about other people's opinions in the thread.

#3 - Don't recycle the above hypothetical examples in your responses ;) as it spams the thread.
-------------------------- Let's Get Started! --------------------------

If you missed last week's questions, you're welcome to answer them now in addition to this week's:

Question 1
What is your favorite DDO creature and why?

Question 2
How often do you play DDO?

Question 3
What was the most difficult aspect about DDO when you were a new player?

This week's question(s) are:

Question 1
Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved? Example: You currently have a level 14 cleric, a level 10 wizard, and a level 4 fighter, but these days you find yourself playing your level 4 fighter consistently more than your wizard or cleric. The response to this question would be "level 4"

Question 2
Have you ever participated in any DDO Live Events?

Question 3
When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them?

Yaga_Nub
01-28-2008, 09:20 AM
Question 1 - 11 - My first cleric.

Question 2 - Yes.

Question 3 - The combat system.

Pfamily
01-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes
Social aspect

Jaywade
01-28-2008, 09:23 AM

Question 1
Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved? Example: You currently have a level 14 cleric, a level 10 wizard, and a level 4 fighter, but these days you find yourself playing your level 4 fighter consistently more than your wizard or cleric. The response to this question would be "level 4"

Question 2
yes would like to see more though
Question 3
When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them?
fun game w/ great people

Hendrik
01-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Answer #1;

14(Bard)

Answer #2;

Yes. As many as I can and push my Guild to attend as well. Love Events!!!

Answer #3;

How much fun I am having.

And top of the morning to you to Mertolaskero!

:cool:

MrWizard

Question 1

Any level wizard or sorc until capped, then it gets boring.

Question 2

One time. I was not too impressed and went back to dungeoning.

Question 3

THE COMBAT!!!!!

question 4... what is the proposed release date of mod 6?

The_Phenx
Question 1

Level 14 pure twf slashing fighter.

Question 2

Yes... the +derneal hunts... and it would be nice if you did some higher level live events too...

Question 3

That if they like first person shooters its the way to go as far as mmo's are concerned.

Renegade66
01-28-2008, 09:27 AM
1: 14
2: Yes
3: Tracks fairly well with PnP version and has a great combat system

moorewr
01-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Question 1

level 11-13 -> I'm a "progress driven" player, but I'm interested in the end-game, so I obsess on my up and coming character.

Question 2

I participate in town halls. I find it is much too hard to participate in other live events because I can't get to them in time or other techincal issues get in the way.

Question 3

"It's D&D!"

Memnir
01-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Question 1
I enjoy my Wizard, Fighter, and Bard equally - and for differant reasons. Their levels are: 14, 14, 13.

Question 2
Yes, I have. And frankly, I have been uniformly unimpressed/disapointed by each of them.

Question 3
That you have the freedom to design any sort of character you want to... that there is no "right" way to build any class. Also the combat system is one of the best out there.

Qzipoun
01-28-2008, 09:32 AM
1. My 14th ranger

2. Yes but only those tavern brawls, fun for a bit until lag takes over

3. Combat System / non-cookie cutter characters

Cutedge
01-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Question 1:
14 Cleric

Question 2:
Yes, the scavenger hunt I think

Question 3:
Usually something about telling them to shut up as they make some quip about me playing DDO :P

virloc
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Question 1
14 Ranger
Question 2
Yes
Question 3
That Im a nerd / (Combat system)

BadDoc
01-28-2008, 09:41 AM
1. Sorc 14
2. yes, looking forward to a live event such as the Tchurval where you actually get decent loot :)
3. That its WAY better than WOW :) Defend Lack of Guild housing, and talk about how you can build charactars that are unlike anything anyone else has

ChildrenofBodom
01-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Question 1

Level 4. Same as Yaga, first cleric.

Question 2

A few. Mostly the Random spawn monsters in PvP. That is just about the most fun I have had on DDO. Love killin' beholders and Sor'jek while killing friends. :)

Question 3

That DDO isn't a stupid and geeky game like World of Warcraft, that it's not turn based like a lot of other MMOs.

Answers in red.

bobbryan2
01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
1. Lvl 14

2. I tried... spent a few hours trying to figure out everything that was going. Finally, I decided that it was for a bunch of people whatever dev was playing already knew, and gave up trying to get involved.

Coldin
01-28-2008, 09:43 AM
Question 1
Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved?

Interesting question. I play pretty much all my characters equally, from the level 14s to the level 2s. So the straight answer would be level 14.

Question 2

Pretty much every one. The Trivia Contest and Scavenger Hunt were the most fun to me because I felt I actually affected my chance of winning. The later events were much more based on luck, either by being chosen randomly, or being in the right place at the right time. The Tchurvul were a bit harder to participate in at all, since it was completely random when the RP stuff happened, and seemed to consistently happen when I was working late.

Question 3

I really don't spend much time discussing DDO outside of the forums and in-game. Unfortunately, when people do ask me about DDO, they usually ask about Monks and Druids, and I have to explain to them that they're not in the game yet.

Shaamis
01-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Question 1

Level 8/2 Bard/Ftr "Romeow the Catlord"

Question 2

Yes, I still have T'Churvul's Kukri to prove it! It was awesome, and hated to see that stop! Bring it back!!!!

Question 3

It's a lot of fun, but NO MONKS YET. I get a wierd look in response, and then I change the subject......

Seriously, I play Romeow because it's my highest level non-xp capped toon (6 are capped right now), and hopefully I'll be playing my 14s soon....

Jhoran
01-28-2008, 09:48 AM
Question 1

my 14 sorc

Question 2

not really; made an attempt before; but the lag was very bad. (think it was trivia or something...and another time it was monsters in the tavern)

Question 3

non cookie cutter builds, randome loot and interesting quests

akla_thornfist
01-28-2008, 09:49 AM
answers

1- lev 14 cleric i play all my char at least couple times a week

2- yes as many as i can

3- the combat system by far the best out there and ingame voice comes close second

Missing_Minds
01-28-2008, 09:57 AM
?1: I've capped every class accept for cleric, paladin, and ranger. I play about all of my characters equally, don't really have a favorite. I will say I like to play my characters the way I intended to. Example: I hate tanking on my bard, but I still do because somehow I made it good enough to get in the thick of it. (not something you can really do anything about. :) )

?2: I've participated in just about all sponcered live events. I wish you could have live events such as a special quest that did not require man power to constantly hand hold. Live events on DDO just seem to be very lacking compared to so many other MMO events. I do not understand the setup with which you are forced to work in, so I am unable to really offer any reasonable ideas within means with which you could accomplish them.

?3: How beautiful it is, and how you must be willing to actually think (aka use tatics) other wise you will die. This is not a game with a "win" button by any means. The tatics needed in any other MMO I've seen (which isn't many mind you) are pud compared to this game. I like the fact I'm forced to think, then rethink what I need to do in order to help the group beat a quest. It keeps my brain active.

I bemoan and (#@#! about the fact we have no way to change how our characters look, that bards can not change their tunes, and voice chat control is not as tuneable as I'd like.

VonBek
01-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Question 1

Level 7 (Ranger, Mostly solo, occasionally grouped.)

Question 2

No, sorry. They seem to run when I'm not able to play.

Question 3

My friends already play. Both of them.

Beherit_Baphomar
01-28-2008, 10:01 AM

Question 1

Levelling my fourth to 14, a level 10 sorcerer.

Question 2

YES! Every time I can. What happened to them? We were on a roll! Then, nothing *sad*

Question 3

Me - "Its not D&D, its a computer game *sigh*"
Friend - "You're still a dork"

Answers in Warning Flare Red.

The_Silver_Griffon
01-28-2008, 10:05 AM
Question 1: Level 10 (Ranger7/Rogue3; I play many characters, but this is actually the one that I have attained the highest level with. This is also my first character from the head start weekend.)

Question 2: Yes

Question 3: Combat/Monster AI

tihocan
01-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Question 1
Level 14

Question 2
Yes (trivia stuff a while back)

Question 3
I don't really talk about it. Nobody cares ;)

kruggar
01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Question 1

level 14

Question 2

yes

Question 3

i love the game

Lorien_the_First_One
01-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Question 1

Odd question... I move between several chars on a regular basis, the max of which is currently 14.

Question 2

Yup. I have the pirates bandana from Speak Like a Pirate Day. I also hung out and was bored to death by a couple other events. I have to say though that the events have been a bit disappointing in that since the first event they either they are instanced and only 1/25 groups has a chance at anything or they are public fights of some kind and then unless you are on a melee you can only watch. I now basically ignore all events because of this.

Question 3
When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them?[/QUOTE]

It's fun and addictive.

The_Ick
01-28-2008, 10:21 AM

Question 1
Level 14, mostly because I have all 9 slots capped.

Question 2
Yes, although i think this game would greatly benefit from more tools that players could use for that kind of thing.

Question 3
How awesome the Combat is, there is nothing like it that i have been able to find in any other MMO

VonBek
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Question 1

Odd question... I move between several chars on a regular basis, the max of which is currently 14.

Why does it seem odd to you?

Ustice
01-28-2008, 10:26 AM
1) 14, a cleric that I have had since the beginning of the game.
2) Yes. The more the better!
3) The GREAT team-based play centered around real-time combat.

Ildaron
01-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Question 1

My level 14 sorc!

Question 2
Nope always planned on making it to one, however at the last moment something always comes up.

Question 3
I tell them it is better then WoW. They say they are sticking to WoW, I mentioned the better graphics, spells, systems, instanced quests that reduce lack, easy parting system, the constant updates.

Mad_Bombardier
01-28-2008, 10:30 AM
1) 14 Cleric.
2) None of the Turbine events, a few player events.
3) Real-time combat. (Which is why targetting/facing errors & misfires with spells/ranged weapons bother me so much. IMHO, the combat system is DDO's claim to fame and needs to be as perfect as possible.)

narizue
01-28-2008, 10:36 AM

Question 1
Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved? Example: You currently have a level 14 cleric, a level 10 wizard, and a level 4 fighter, but these days you find yourself playing your level 4 fighter consistently more than your wizard or cleric. The response to this question would be "level 4" Level 14, I have 7 of them and I love them all.

Question 2
Yes. Emerald Claw conspiracy, the part that was in Ataraxia's Haven. Had a great time.

Question 3
Usually that the level cap is going up in Mod 6. Most have played previously

Theres my 2cp

Aspenor
01-28-2008, 10:37 AM
1. Level 14 Sorcerer, 2nd place Level 14 Wizard
2. No
3. My friends.

Gengulphus
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Question 1

I enjoy playing my ranger the most: lvl 4

Question 2

Yes

Question 3

It depends on who I'm talking to. If I'm talking to friends who like DnD, I say, "Dude, you've got to check out DDO, it's awesome." Then I explain that there are some differences between DDO and PnP. If I'm talking to anyone else (such as my wife or the rest of my extended family), I say, "I'm not that much of a geek! Okay, so I am!" :o:D

:);):D

Deragoth
01-28-2008, 10:40 AM
1. Level 14
2. No, only because I wasn't on at the time.
3. The Combat System. Hands down, this is where DDO shines above all other MMOs.

Alexander_Illusioni
01-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Question 1
What is your favorite DDO creature and why? Maruts or constucts, fun to try to smite them!

Question 2
How often do you play DDO? Daily 2 to 3 hours

Question 3
What was the most difficult aspect about DDO when you were a new player? Using the maps in "Tempest Spine type areas", still is !

Question 1
Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved? Example: You currently have a level 14 cleric, a level 10 wizard, and a level 4 fighter, but these days you find yourself playing your level 4 fighter consistently more than your wizard or cleric. The response to this question would be "level 4" Three level 14 characters, two of which I enjoy playing; a wizard, and a ranger. I do not play my Bard much. I have little interest on leveling another character until druids come out.

Question 2
Have you ever participated in any DDO Live Events? Yes, but it was cancelled due to behavior of the people on the server. Way too much lag at the event.

Question 3
When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them? Cool graphics and quests, followed by not enough new content to play regularly, but really fun when new stuff comes out.

Brianius
01-28-2008, 10:47 AM

Question 1

Its a toss up between my 14 Ranger and my lvl 4 fighter waiting for his levels in monk

Question 2

When I can i'm part of that morning community so most events we don't see.

Question 3

The awsome combat system or the graphics if they play WoW

Last weeks Questions
Question 1

Blue Dragons..well Dragons in general because the awe inspireing feelings you get when you slay one.

Question 2

10 hours during the week and the same during the weekend mabye

Question 3

Mastering the controls. DDO is one of the inbetween mmos not quite the nex gen that hast arrived yet but ahead of the competion in current games.

JayDubya
01-28-2008, 10:51 AM
Question 1
Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved?

Question 2

Question 3

Q1: 14
Q2: Yes, but none sponsored by Turbine - I attended Varro's wedding, for example.
Q3: First-Person Shooter meets MMO

Kargon
01-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1. Levamel 14 of course. Silly tolero.

2. The spontanameous 'Kargon chase the tasty hams around the tavermern' was pretty fun (Mmmm pirate bandamana), Kargon caused bit of a ruckus at that trivia contamest to win stuff (kargon was SURE reward was going to be a Tasty Ham shaped club, but ended up being a silly dress, eew), Kargon got the first wayfindermer sceptamer on Sarlona (had to tell +Sir to turn on 'Accept Trades from playermers!' Silly +Sir), Kargon tried one of those emeramald claw events which just ended up with Kargon kill like 6 guys in green dressames and nothiming else happamen, and kargon sure are forgettaming some other stuff too.

3. Tasty Ham.

Tanka
01-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Question 1
Level 14. Tanka's an awesome build that I can't help but love to play day-in-and-day-out.

Question 2
Once or twice. Besides Festivus, where everyone wins something, they all seemed too limited in scope and didn't allow for enough people to have a chance at winning, even something as minor as some cookies or cakes like with Festivus.

Question 3
The combat system and the community aspect. Community is very important in DDO. With such a small one (comparatively), it means recognizing the good players (and, sometimes unfortunately, the bad ones).

Mercules
01-28-2008, 10:55 AM

Question 1

My level 13 Rogue - He is rather unusual as a Rogue. I enjoy all three of my Rogues (Rogue 12/Barbarian 1, Cleric 5/Rogue 1, Rogue 5) more than my other characters.

Question 2

Does attempting to participate count? I've been online and around the events but never actually accomplished anything in any of them.

Question 3

Unique -interactive- dungeons/areas, only because most of them are familiar with character building in D&D. If it was someone who hadn't played D&D then I would be more likely to mention the unique character building.

Wizzly_Bear
01-28-2008, 11:03 AM
This week's on(s) are:

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

#1 hmmm.....think i like all my characters about the same really. 13wiz/1bard (currently remaking as 14 wiz), 14 bard, 12bard/1cler/1sorc, 11 ranger, and my 1st ever in ddo (which, incidentally, was ruined when without warning or recourse for respec when fp evasion was taken away) 28 pt 9cler/4/rogue/1fighter. id prob put the last one on top, but the fun was completely ruined when all of a sudden he started dieing thrice as much b/c of the fp evasion change. he could do everything, fight, all traps (except elite cabal :p ) and solo-heal most parties through most quests.

#2 i dont remember what it was called, but i participated in that thing in the harbor where the devs(? maybe community relations, i dont remember) were standing on the wall answering questions a month or two ago. look for wizzly in the log, thats me. i was vocal :D
edit: oh, and i "participated" in that pirate one. never hear about the others until theyre over and done.

#3 that they should play. seriously, i dont know anyone in rl who plays and it sucks. i have rl time and i have game time, and never the twain meet. both good fun and all, but i try to get some overlap.

Vorn
01-28-2008, 11:25 AM
1. Lvl 14
2. Yes.
3. The teamwork aspect, closely followed by combat and voice chat.

DagazUlf
01-28-2008, 11:28 AM
1. 14
2. I've tried many, but am usually disappointed. The fun one was the Tavern Brawl after the dev chat in the Harbor, but that turned into a lagged-out bunch of non-fun fairly quickly.
3. "Very fun game, you should try it!"

KoboldKiller
01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Question 1

My new level 6 Wizzy has got the most use lately.

Question 2

One to date.

Question 3

The superior combat system.

Gratch
01-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Question 1
If you play them more, how do you not end up at 14? :) But yes, I play 2 of my 14's more than most of my characters though recently my guild has been levelling up a new set of toons. For that playtime it's currently a level 10.

Question 2
I was there when they gave out a vorpal sickle on Lhazaar, though I did not win it. I've been to a few others. The one that was probably the most fun was the Risia town hall meeting - though next time bring Eladrin.

Question 3
I tell them to quit playing WoW and get over to DDO.

ZarakNur
01-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Question 1

Warforged 13th lvl Barb / 1st lvl Wizard

Question 2

A few

Question 3

Social Aspect

GATORZ
01-28-2008, 11:59 AM
13 me bard was capped then rerolled almost back to cap
tried major lag and no monty to make deal with spoiled maybe again one day
you should try it you will see im not a geek...really im not

Caelan
01-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Question 1

level 14... i love playing my bard, who is level 14, but i really switch around a lot. i like playing different levels and different classes so there really isn't just one that i play consistently more than the others.

Question 2

yes

Question 3

how different from the typical MMO it is and how the people are different.

Kisaragi
01-28-2008, 12:11 PM

Question 1
A.) Level 14

Question 2
A.) I've tried, but often they were at times I couldn't participate in, or they were only for a small time/place. Waiting 18 hours online just for a chance an event might happen is not my idea of fun. They haven't been massive, effecting every area of Stormreach. Just not possible with my luck it seems to be in the right place and time.

Question 3
When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them?[/QUOTE]
A.) The active combat system. It's still the first and most impressive aspect to me. Some people are interested in Dungeons and Dragons, but most I play with either are used to World of Warcraft or still play it.

Affront
01-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Answer 1: level 10 rogue (really, not multiclassed) (my lvl14 pali is pretty dusty but my lvl 14 wizard is still fun too)

Answer 2: No (but I showed up late for a tavern PVP one ...)

Answer 3: that I'm still playing it and still having fun; that the graphics are very nice (normally I play FPS games so the twitchy combat system is kinda expected)

Tyrande
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
Good Morning Stormreach! It's time to talk to Tolero!

[center]This week's question(s) are:

Question 1

level 14

Question 2

Yes. +Sir Lawrence's.

Question 3
DDO has better combat system than WoW, better graphics and more 3D oriented than NWN2 and you can swim underwater,
climb, jump and more 3D of a combat.

Pellegro
01-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I stole Coldin's color scheme. :p

Question 1

I most enjoy, in order, my lvl 14 ranger, lvl 14 sorc, lvl 14 cleric.

Question 2

No. Well ... actually I recall waaay back rushing to the Lobster to this big mess of a fight involving beholders and reavers (?) ... it was bedlam, but fun. Oh, and our guild did the one where you could get that vorpal kama or whatever it was ... deal or no deal IIRC. That was fun because the whole guild got involved. I'm not too big into that stuff ... just not my thing.

Question 3
I don't really talk about computer games with my friends/acquaintances outside of the game. They wouldn't understand. ;) And my wife - she hates this game, she calls it "the other woman" or my "girlfriend in the basement".

llevenbaxx
01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
1)I most enjoy playing my wiz11/rog3, though I dont really have a main and basically split time evenly between at least 7 of my 9 characters.

2)No, mostly due to bad timing.

3)Only talk to 2-3 RL ppl outside the game, about the game. With a RL friend(and curent DDO player) we talk about enquipment and build. WOrk aquaintence we talk about the differences of EQ(his old MMO) and DDO. WIth my wife I basically just give her info that means nothing to her, We are raiding, I have to hit level by the end of the week. She hates this game im pretty sure and I rub it in continually, its ok she cute when shes angry.:)

Jolani
01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Last Week
1 - So many, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Mindflayers. Risk factor all the way. They can kill you in a flash, but are just as easily killed, but I also like the model and animations.

2 - Daily, it's just so darn fun. Nothing else I've played really compares to the replayability, though NWN, Diablo 1, and CS came close.

3 - DDO took a lot of getting used to. I've been introducing a couple friends to the game these last few days, and there are so many things that I can see that need some guidance. The main thing for me was using the LFM and LFG systems, and getting used to the group aspect.

This Week
1 - 14, but just raids and favor.

2 - Yes, several, though they seem to be getting less interesting.

3 - Gameplay. The active combat system is great, it makes DDO much more engaging to play than a traditional stand-in-one-place-and-push-a-button-repeatedly MMO style.

Deriaz
01-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Question 1

Level 14, my first character, Deriaz Ironfist. Level 14 Warforged Fighter. Gimped, but he's just too much fun.

Question 2

I participated in a lot of the past ones, but some of the recent ones I've missed. It's not due to no interest, but just that friends take me to movies and stuff, and I miss them. Believe me, I LOVE the live events!

Question 3

It really depends on the person.
If they're the kind that I know likes to chat, and RP, etc., I tell them about the awesome community.
If they're the PvP kind, or they're addicted to WoW or something, I tell them about the incredible combat system.

-D

LordFancyPants
01-28-2008, 12:55 PM
1) Level 14 - But, I must say, I really enjoyed leveling up a new toon after a year of playing the same two guys. I enjoyed seeing the quests again and redoing a lot of stuff I hadn't touched in months. That being said, I am now enjoying playing that guy at the high end stuff :D

2) Um, only the Gencon party.... does that count? Oh yeah... and I demanded a pony from +sir larry at the "deal or no deal" thing.

3) "such and such" was a lot of fun the other day... or "that two-hour von 5 pug blew chunks". Basically, we talk about gameplay experiences.

Hambo
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1) Of all my Rogue influenced alts ( 1rog/12wiz, 2rgr/12rog, 14rog, 11rog, 2rgr/6rog, 6rog ) each with a different focus or duplicates split between halfling and drow, I play the lower levels more to get useable xp. all the 14's are capped but sometimes I solo them for favor.

2) Yes

3) The variations possible in character creation, the group cooperative dynamic, and the combat system.

Kiranselie
01-28-2008, 01:10 PM
14-My rogue dethroned my sorc as fav character
Yes, and have a blast at everyone.
The social aspects of the game, and the non questing things that you can do.

McGraham
01-28-2008, 01:16 PM

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Question 1: Right now I'm restarting again with a level 3.75 Human Paladin.

Question 2: No.

Question 3: I don't have any friends that have the same interest in DDO/DnD that I have, so I haven't said a word to anyone.

Hakushi
01-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Question 1

I currently have 6 xp capped characters I play with, a rogue, a bard, a wizard, a ranger, a fighter and a cleric, I also have a lvl 2 paladin I rarely play with these days. The characters I seem to play the most are my rogue and bard, but I play all my characters, except my fighter I play the less. Awnser is lvl 14.

Question 2

Yes a few when they were matching my playtime.

Question 3

I don't talk much about the game with my rl friends, and when I do, it's mostly gaming experiences.

NameisToad
01-28-2008, 01:24 PM

Question 1
I really think this is a deceptive question. My favorite character ever was my Rogue, Liran, who was capped at level 12 when I deleted him because it's so hard for Rogues to get groups.
I've got a new Ranger/Rogue cross, Narual, who's level 11 now, but he's having the same trouble getting groups now as Liran was before, and covering the same territory again kinda bugs me so much that Narual isn't as much fun to play as Liran was.

Question 2
Nope.

Question 3
I try to mention the graphics and the combat engine, but my friends compare it to Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 games and tell me it looks like ****. Maybe my Geforce 8400 isn't strong enough to impress?
I really like the character customization and the massively multiplayer of DDO, but my friends are all happy with first-person and limited online style games.

Inkblack
01-28-2008, 01:30 PM
Question 1
Level 14 - my main (in TA we declare them) is a DPS rogue. In addition, I have 3 level 14 alts that get a decent amount of play. They are a tactical fighter (stunning blow), healbot cleric, and generalist wizard. I am also tinkering around with a lowbie TWF ranger (like quite a few others) and a mid-lowbie dwarven barbarian. Once a week I play in a static group as a 10 intimitank.

Question 2
Yes, but only one. I was on Aundair for Deal or No Deal, although I was in the wrong instance and missed when +Sir was, um, welcomed to the server. That's one of my favorite DDO stories of all time.

I think I would really enjoy the ones where the monsters are spawned in the PvP pit.

Question 3
Friends that Play: Latest thing that happened, discussion of upcoming changes. The usual likes and gripes.

Other Gamer Friends: I describe the combat and instancing. I'll mention that there is very little farming, and describe some of the quests. While I have never played a MMO, I mention that the combat is much more FPS than what has been described to me by others -- and I try to sell that aspect. I treat it as an opportunity to sell when it comes up.

Ink

Boulderun
01-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Question 1

Would have been flesh golems, until their saves were jacked up to absurdity just before mod 5 live release. I've always liked flesh renders, I suppose. They were deadly serious up through cap 12, and still mean if you underestimate them.

Question 2

Too much... probably average 4 hrs a night during my "active" phases. I'm not in one of those now.

Question 3

Last time I was new was, oh, mid beta... at which point the most difficult thing was getting a featherfall item so I could enjoy the super double-jump. I've said it before and I'll say it again: that's the most fun I've ever had in DDO. Making crazy jumps was also one of my favorite parts of AC.

Question 1

Fighter 14. I've capped all the characters I enjoyed playing, unless there was a good reason not to. My first repeater-spec fighter/rogue ended up unable to get IPS when it was added because the feat rearranging necessary was impossible due to her class leveling sequence. Rerolled her at 12.

At any rate, if someone is playing their "level 4" consistently, do you think he's going to stay that level for long?

Question 2

"Participate" probably isn't the word I'd use. I attended Deal or No Deal, which was pathetic. I've never had the good fortune to be online when GMs spawn crazy monsters in taverns or the graveyard or such.

Question 3

Keep your expectations under control, and don't assume the 3.5 ruleset is law. I picked up DDO after retail because it addressed the things for which I quit WoW, and I still enjoy it because I focus on that instead of the frill and polish it's missing. Of course, that's become a bit harder to do what with things like horrible customer service and punitive raid changes.

edit: I guess I read this question as if it were asking about talking to people you're trying to recruit. Outside of that context, the first thing is certainly the active combat model as opposed to WoW's snorefest.

DasLurch
01-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Question 1

level 12

Question 2

once

Question 3

I wish you'd come back...

cccbeck
01-28-2008, 02:10 PM

Question 1

Answer- I play my level 6 ranger only because my level 14 Multi is capped or I would be playing him.

Question 2

Yes

Question 3

A particular hunt or hunt or my guild.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cdbd3rd
01-28-2008, 02:17 PM
Question 1

Thought about it - and don't really have a 'favorite'. :(

Question 2

Used to be days at a time - now a few hours a week. Much more time on forums. ;)

Question 3

My first MMO (if Diablo doesn't count), so getting over the fear of grouping with new people. After that, figuring out what effects/bonuses did or didn't stack.

Question 1

Have one 14 (barely). Play mostly on my 9 and 11.

Question 2

Usually, only as a spectator. Rolled a die for +Sir, and had previously gotten a Wayfinder Sceptre.

Question 3

That it ain't WoW!

_

QuantumFX
01-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Question 1 - Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved?

Question 2 - Have you ever participated in any DDO Live Events?
Yes. The last part of the hunt for Durneal on sorrowdusk isle.

Question 3 - When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them?
That I'm only addicted to it because it's fun.

Hence
01-28-2008, 02:50 PM

Question 1

Level 14 Fighter

Question 2

No, partly because I have not been able to play on those days. Partly because nothing has peeked my interest. I want a fighting competition with unique prizes!

Question 3

Combat system... you guys scored big with this combat system, you may want to expand on it for the future of this game or a new game. You would have made Ashron's Call THE game to play with a combat system similar to DDO.

Spookydodger
01-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Question 1

Level 14. I keep a few characters at different levels. It's a different experience at each range, so I have a few favorite characters in each range. A level 5 Halfling Barbarian that's a blast, a level 11 wizard that's fun, and my personal pet, my level 14 sorcerer.

Question 2

A few. Most times they were just at the wrong times or the lag was too bad. I have run/participated in a number of player-run events, however, that were quite nicely done.

Question 3

The combat system and the beauty. The combat system is what sets it apart from other games. There's a lot of other things that more mature/better financed games have that we don't... but give me combat mechanics any day over the other stuff, and the rest isn't as important. I've played Tribes since the day it came out, and even at its launch it had dated graphics, but the combat system was amazing and immersive. WoW's combat system makes me cringe when I can't distract myself from it with something else.

Albel
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Question 1

A: Lvl 13, my only 14 became a mule, and most of my other builds never make it past lvl 11, too boring at high levels.

Question 2

A: No, only been around during one of them and was having a good time questing.

Question 3

A: If they know anything about DnD I talk about how true to PnP turbine has been, and how far they've strayed, if they know nothing about DnD I talk about the combat system.

ccheath776
01-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Question 1

Level 14. My fighter Terrah, still the best. Doesn't have much HP because of her Drowists/elf roots. But it dont matter nobody can hit her with a top 50+ ac.

Question 2
All of the Tchurvul series. .....Terrah has not forgotten you yet wizard!!.

Question 3

The graphics, the gameplay, the lack of the need to spend 1 - 2 hours running to an encounter like in other MMo's. Most of all I say its not WOW, THIS IS DDO!!

aldan
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Question 1

Level 12 Bard 1 fighter

Question 2

No

Question 3

I dont talk to close friends about my DDO, they think I am a geek anyways, and besides my wife hates it as most wifes do. People I know play online games however I will say they need to drop the MMO they are playing, come join me ingame and never look back from DDO.

The combat system and freedom of the game.

Ghoste
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
1. Level 14

2. yes

3. The complicated quests

sigtrent
01-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Question 1

Question 2
Yes

Question 3
I really like it.

Gornin
01-28-2008, 05:01 PM
1) I am playing characters from level 3 to 14 about evenly.
2) No. Don't have the time.
3) Active combat system

sirgog
01-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Question 1

Current level cap on Myrmidral and Numot (14.999). Argental will be there soon, as soon as I can get my computer back

Question 2

No, they aren't at good times for someone in Sydney, Australia.

Question 3

Awesome combat system, and (if they've played P&P) the massive inflation of PC power level.

Dailus
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Question 1
Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved? Example: You currently have a level 14 cleric, a level 10 wizard, and a level 4 fighter, but these days you find yourself playing your level 4 fighter consistently more than your wizard or cleric. The response to this question would be "level 4" Wow this is a tough question for me. I have made dozens of alts that were deleted because I really have to feel comfortable with the character. A character is not simply a group of stats to me, but rather an alter ego. Being a role player I really have to get into the character to enjoy him (or her). That being said I will have to give the awnser "level 14", as this character was my very first and has made many appearances in other CRPGs. Despite the many flaws in the build my namesake will always be my favorite character no matter his level.

Question 2
Have you ever participated in any DDO Live Events? Yes.

Question 3
When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them? The combat system. I have sang praises to all my former NWN friends about DDO. Some have tried it. None have stayed. Many are rule snobs and do not like Turbines deviation from the 3.5 rules. The persistant world we played on was heavy with custom scripts to make it as close to the 3.0 rule set as humanly possible. Personally I think Turbine did what they had to do to make an enjoyable MMO and I really like Turbines psudeo-3.5 rules set.

-Dailus

Wertik
01-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Last Weeks:
Answer to Question 1: I would have to say my favorite creature type would be the Gargoyles. I think they are well made.

Answer to Question 2: Every day if possible if the wife aggro holds out, this ensures that I get my monies worth and I can continue to check out the new stuff on Risia when it comes out.

Answer to Question 3: Learning to have patience and deal with know it all, zerger types who were not willing to teach you about the game.

This Weeks:
Answer to Question 1: I generally work on all of my pcs as they get close to leveling, however I have been playing my 13th level wizard more than the rest as of late.

Answer to Question 2: I have tried to, but have been to late to most of them as I have been in quest with parties and don't feel it would be rthe right thing to do leaving them to participate in them for personal gain. Maybe scheduling them ahead of time could help with that.

Answer to Question 3: I generally try to find out what our guild is planning and try to help out or get a raid of some type going prior to running other things with non-guildies. However, it seems that non-guildies sometimes run better runs as you're not dealing with the heiarchy of the guild structure.

By the way Tolero chk out this thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=134002

Sertrynus
01-28-2008, 05:37 PM

Question 1
Level 14 Human Paladin

Question 2
Tried too, however lag and timezone issues (i'm in Sydney Australia) prevented access.
Question 3
Combat System

Mockduck
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Question 1

Depends - my favorite main is my 14 drow cleric Mockduck, but since he's been capped for a bit, I've been focusing on my level 12 human fighter Beefheart the Vegetarian. Having fun with both, but I think my cleric's the best.

Question 2

Yes! I've stopped by the PvP pit spawning, hosted a competition, visited Yaga Nub's Doge-a-Thon, and once even helped some player named Merlask judge one section of the Stormreach Olympics!

Question 3

Definitely about the active nature of the gaming and the fun times to be had.

Barumar
01-28-2008, 05:57 PM
Question 1

Lvl 14 Sorcerer - my re-rolled 32-point Sorcy Nuker is a blast to play (pun intended!).

Question 2

Yes, but they were always so crowded or out of control or 'scripted' that I was less than impressed.

Question 3

Fast action combat system that can always have a surprise!

Barumar

Mapa
01-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Question 1

Level 10 X2

Question 2
Have you ever participated in any DDO Live Events

Yes, it was an accident. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and too lagged to escape. (Fans of butterflies, Pfft!!!:p)

Question 3

The way it "Feels" so much like PnP. No Races I have never heard of, no cartoonish graphics.

Sevann
01-28-2008, 08:39 PM
lvl 4 barbarian

Yes

Active combat. No click and watch

Yeric
01-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I have a 13th level pally. However I find myself playing a 8th level Dwarven Fighter more.

No. The Wife and I rolled up a couple of characters on Thelanis. We were not able to make it. RL.

The active Combat. Fun.

Kalanth
01-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1. While I have a Cleric 12 / Paladin 2, and Rogue 11 / Barbarian 3, and a Wizard 10 / Fighter 4, I find myself playing my Paladin 4 / Ranger 5 the most of late.

2. No

3. Usually I talk about treasure, honestly. Then character development (because I hate straight class characters).

foxBlade
01-28-2008, 09:13 PM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

#1 -- Tough question. I'd say my level 14 character because he's starting to get some good loot and manages pretty well usually in the tougher quests, but I like my two level 6 alts because they keep the game play fresh

#2 -- no

#3 -- the other players. I've played other MMO's and you just don't have the level of maturity on that other MMO that you do on DDO.

TechNoFear
01-29-2008, 05:15 AM
1. Just got my bard to 14.

2. No, I am in the wrong timezone (GMT +8)

3. That we still need a sixth to fill out our weekly party.

studentx
01-29-2008, 05:42 AM
Question 1

Trogs, Ogre Magi, Efferet -they dance the best, nuf said.

Question 2

varies some months not at all and other months up to 30hrs a week.

Question 3

Awkward UI, all the bad parts of quake, elderscrolls and NWN
Forgetting about Pen and Paper.
Forgetting about the following:
Mestil's Acid Breath
Mestil's Acid Sheath
Virolic Sphere
Otulike's Impenetrable Sphere
Spell Mantle (s)
Ethereal Visage
Ghostly Visage
Mirror Image
Mordenkainen's Sword
Weird
Tenser's Floating Disk

Learning Rogues in DDO are gimped by design ala Trap Monkeys.

A badly implemented ranged system that got worse about mod3/4.

Monster reach that quadrupled to make twitch fighting nonexistent against some opponents.

Invulnerable monsters that you can swing swords through to no effect if they are running away from you, especially while aggro'd on another player.

There is more ...but lets leave it at that.

Question 1

I currently have a 14 lvl wizard, rogue, bard, fighter, cleric, a 13 ranger, and a 8th cleric. I find that I play my bard second only to my wizard. I love the buffage of both classes and well bards are just plain fun. They can heal, or fight, or cast and no one gets their knickers in a knot as opposed to clerics. Making the 14 cleric/heal-bot the most boring to play.

Question 2

No, the events department planners are a little too east coast time centric, but there are plenty of server events that are not. ;)

Question 3

Its very pretty. Turbine does textures, skins, and ambiance very well. It is very unique and appropriate.
I also mention DDO has Kargon and WoW does not. :p

Juni
01-29-2008, 05:55 AM
[CENTER]
Question 1

[I]I love all my chars but if I had to pick just one my 14th lvl Rogue

Question 2

Yes a few Would love to see more of these events.

Question 3

That it is based on D&D and the combat system is unlike any you will find in any other MMOs out there.

Cyas in Stormreach

cardmj1
01-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Question 1

lvl 5 - 10 (2 toons in that range and I revisit alot of the quests with my 14s)

Question 2
Yes. Love them.

Question 3
When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them? The combat and the people.

Jaggie
01-29-2008, 11:53 AM
# 1 Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved?

Jaggie Jutebox the lvl 14 cookie fiend 'forged Bard. :) Cookies goooooodddd...

# 2 Have you ever participated in any DDO Live Events?

Noooo.... never... not me... *sarcasm* heh. I try to go to all events on Thelanis, be them GM or player run. I visit a few other servers and there events too.

# 3 When talking with friends/acquaintances about DDO, what's the first thing you mention to them?

Two words... Warforged.. Bards.
Then it goes off into the animation and graphics of the game.... and for my friends that are WoW players, how the first quest isn't "kill x pigs."

Vormaerin
01-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Question 1: Hmm, the character I play most is my lvl 8 bard.

Question 2: Nope, never participated in any live events.

Question 3: First thing I mention is the really cool dungeons.

Staedtler
01-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1. All of the characters I play routinely are capped at 14.

2. Yes, and was disappointed by all of them. Lag and shenanigans took the fun out of most of them. The "one person out of one hundred gets to participate" aspect also served to disappoint. Mass brawls, while fun in concept, were unplayable due to lag. As I see it, the game just isn't set up to handle several dozen players in the same place doing the same thing.

3. The challenging combat system and the potential for build variation.

salmag
01-29-2008, 08:17 PM
1. I have a 14 elven ranger (28pt build), 14 human bard (32), 10 halfling wizard (32), 7 halfling ranger (32), 7 drow Paladin (28?), and 7 elven cleric (32). I enjoy playing my 14 ranger best, but lately I have been splitting time playing my three level 7 characters.

2. Yes, been to one, but was way too troubled by lag so now I avoid them.

3. I tell them about the overall game. When they ask me about specifics, I inform them about what I feel are positives and negatives. Positives being the quests, graphics, combat system. Negatives being ranged combat nerfed, no crafting, no guild housing, and certain core races/classes not included.

Daerius of the Blessed Blades
01-29-2008, 09:53 PM
Question 1
Level 14.99 - shared between a cleric, sorcerer and bard

Question 2
Only dev chats. Oh, and I whacked some skellies in the Necropolis on Halloween.

Question 3
The incredible people I have met through this game (and my guild).

Solmage
01-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Last weeks:

Q1) What is your favorite DDO creature and why?
Elder Mummy Lords! They burn so nicely and melee just sigh in frustration once they put up their protection from flaming weapons that totally does not protect against wizard fire spells :p

Q2)How often do you play DDO?
4-5 days a week (when I can get away with it)

Q3) What was the most difficult aspect about DDO when you were a new player?
Having money for remove curse! We didn't have any clerics who could cast it, well, we had like 1 or 2 and had to wait for them to enter a tavern in the harbor to beg them for it, or send them the odd tell, or somehow manage to actually get a whopping 800 gold to buy a pot! It took days to make 800 gold :cool: (ok, maybe only 1 day, but still..)

As for the swimming bit, I NEVER had an issue since I used mouselook exclusively since about 30 minutes after I entered the beta for the first time, and infact loved the swimming aspect of the game. I was a bit sad when underwater action items became as common as copper but oh well. I was also quite sad that creatures just poofed in the water instead of drowning, and that we couldn't fight underwater

This week:

Q1) Of your characters that you enjoy playing the most, or play most often, what is the highest character level you've achieved?
Sorcerer 14. Give me a week and it'll be 16.. (yes, I know some will do it in a few hours. I want to savor actually gaining exp so :p), followed by Wizard 15.
I used to enjoy playing my disarmer human palirogue but that was nicely ruined.

Q2) Once or twice, but I wish it would be easier to participate, like for example having a large 'interaction' wilderness area that supported say 20 (or more..) players and without needing to be inside a group to enter.

Q3) The amazing active combat system, and if they're into RPGs, (mmo or otherwise) I also mention the extremely detailed and interesting quests and how well casters can hold their own. (Amusingly, this was true way back when the game started, back when burning hands did close to 1D4+4 damage, stopped being true to the point of casters becoming nearly obsolete with the burning hands, web, pk, hold monster & vorpal, and spell resistance nerfs, and then became true again with firewall and all the other nifty spells + spell penetration anti-nerfs. I hope this won't be partially ruined now with the firewall changes..)

Invalid_86
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
1. Currently a 9th level halfling ranger.

2. Yes, and not a fan. Either they are pointless lagfests (town hall meetings), or only cool for a few people- with everyone else dealing with extra lag and spam. More trouble than they are worth.

3. I play DDO, and if you want to play this is the server I'm on. I'd be happy to start a new character and play with you.

Dark_Helmet
01-30-2008, 10:00 PM
[CENTER]Good Morning Stormreach! It's time to talk to Tolero!

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1) Hmm, now 15 (I have 11 of them at 14).
2) Yep, got scepter and stuff.
3) It is not an MMO in the same manner (though people are trying to make it that way). Core D&D players are joining that hate MMos.

Duily
01-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Question 1

Paladin Level 5

Question 2

Nope

Question 3

Usually the Class customization ( multi classing and such) or the combat ( how you can dodge incoming attacks and what not)

SteeleTrueheart
01-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Question 1

Level 15

Question 2

Yes, but Derneal never came to my instance on Sorrowdusk Isle :mad:

Question 3

The character customisation options.

BRINKS
01-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Question 1

Level 15 Ranger, love the versatility the ranger class allows.

Question 2

Yes, was never chosen for the trivia game; the scavenger hunt just kind of petered out leaving people to wonder if it was over;the Ataraxias haven battles I joined as part of a group, we spent 30 minutes cleaning the island of all monsters looking for the enemy soldiers before a DM popped in and led us to the first battle site. We killed about 30 beholders, 40 clay golems and countless soldiers before party wiping. The chests that dropped after each wave were...disappointing. Skittles and scrolls and plus one items. Discouraging to say the least (although the fighting was fun).

Question 3

The fun people that play and make the game worthwhile.

Jondallar
02-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Question 1

I like playing them all equally - I play my cleric or wizard the most because my tanks were useless or next to useless in Mod5 I have 4 lvl 15 characters 1 level 8, and 1 level 5

Question 2
Yes
Question 3
The graphics

my answers in green

Mindspat
02-01-2008, 11:51 AM

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

1. I only play a single character. It is the same character I had rolled when DDO launched. IT is a 28 point Elven Sorcerer. Some points were placed into "Bluff" which is recomended for Sorcerers although the use of the skill is not effective during actual game play. Intimidate and Diplomacy are prefereced skills and I spam them quite regularily.

2. Yes, once. There was that gathering in the areana of House P which seemed very much a let down after it was completed. Also, if you count the undead being spawned in the necropolis for Hallow's Eve I would say it was by far a superior event - lacked rewards so not entirely rewarding.

3. Strategy, tactics and teamwork while providing for a dynamic gaming environment, in terms of character builds and contorls (jump actually functions rather then a lame emote). The newer quests are always mentioned along with newer trap designs - Intuitive and responsive controls. In terms of simplicity you have Chess and Checkers, While World of Warcraft is like checkers DDO is like Chess.

Claver
02-02-2008, 03:06 PM

Question 1

My favorite is a 1/12 Ranger/Sorcerer (Arcane Archer of my own creation) but I don't play her as often as I like since in the past, I would have to wait a week to regenerate all the xp debt she incurred. Under the new death penalty (thank you turbine I love the change), I imagine this will be the character I play most often.

If you had asked this question a week ago I would have told you my level 7th cleric is the one I play the most but it is certainly not my favorite.

Question 2

Took on beholders of the Emerald Claw summoned by +Turchival at the phoenix tavern. I tried to do the "lets make a deal" event for the vorpal scythe but the Turbine representative never showed up in my instance.

Question 3

My friends are grown ups without much time to spare. The first thing I tell them is the game can be played in increments of an hour with short quests that don't require 15 minutes of terrain travel to reach. It's like going to a movie rather than having a second job. I point out the game recaptures to flavor of pen and paper D&D with a small group of friends joking over voice chat in a private instance quest.

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Question 1

Cleric/14, but after running the mod 6 quests and using 200 heal scrolls per quest, perhaps my most favorite character will become my twf ranger - far less expensive :)

Question 2

Yes, the town hall.

Question 3

DDO players have friends? But seriously folks, most people have heard of WOW so I probably start by comparing it to WOW - e.g. no running around to get into a quest. Quests are actually quests instead of just 'kill X kobolds'. Character customisation. Most importantly, the amazing combat model where you actually have to aim your swing rather than just push a button on a toolbar.

UtherSRG
02-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Since this hasn't made it onto the known issues list yet, but you've updated that list recently, here's an issue I have with Mod 6. Please make sure it gets onto the known issues list:

NEW The lever in The Reaver's Fate will now teleport captive soul stones to the central chamber rather than raising people at minimal health in a potentially elemental-filled area.

No, the lever operates the same as it was before MOD 6, raising people at minimal health in a potentially elemental-filled area.