PDA

View Full Version : True Cost

lowell
01-25-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm sure this question has already been posted, but I can't seem to find it.
I want to purchase. But, is it a one time cost? Or are there any other monthly costs or additional fees to pay?
Something tells me to ask before I buy.

Oreg
01-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Fee for the game plus ongoing monthly subscription cost.

Impaqt
01-25-2008, 11:54 AM
$15 a Month. Less with Longer Terms

Kavel_Havae
01-25-2008, 11:56 AM
The cost of the Game and your monthly fee...

We haven't had ANY Paid expansions :)

lowell
01-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the replies. I'll have to give the 10 day free trial a chance. To me the monthly fees sound steep. But then again, I'm new. So it may be worth it? I'll find out once I install it. But I'm real curious because there's so many options out there that are much cheaper. Not D&D options, but similar. So I really want to check this thing out to see what makes it cost so much. To be honest it costs more than my monthly DSL subscription for internet.

Impaqt
01-25-2008, 12:16 PM
$15 a month is the average price for an online MMORPG. Epecially considering all Expanions (So far) have been Included inthat fee.

Games liek Guildwars you may not pay a monthly fee, but You have to buy every expansion.

Zenako
01-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Well in general you get what you pay for. Free games tend to have some serious limits on the scope of their content or support. The payment model for this one. One time purchase (often can be found for less than $15 which includes the first month, so in a way the game cost is nothing), followed by a monthly subscription fee of nominally $15 a month. As with most MMO, once you get into it, you often do not bother with other games.

When purchasing and playing standalone games like Baldurs Gate or Planescape for example, you had one time purchase. When new expansions came out you had to buy those as well. Initial cost $40, each Expansion was usually in the $30 range. Pretty quick you can add up to more money than the monthly sub costs would be. I know I spend a lot less on computer gaming in the past 2 years compared to what I used to spend. I would probably have picked up a half dozen games a year at least.