PDA

View Full Version : Mortals make ten

parvo
01-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Congratulations to our first characters to reach level ten in the tough Mortal Voyage Permadeath rule set.

Abrazak--10 Wizard (RIP)
Carliee--10 Cleric (RIP)
Depto--10 Wizard
Duudlee 9 Paladin/1 Sorceror (RIP)
Evelah--10 Cleric
Faltisco--10 Monk
Favourflav--
Gigantus--10 Sorc (RIP)
Kraag--
Kreapea--
Kyllan--7 Wizard/2 Rogue/1 Fighter
Luckwad--9 Paladin/1 Sorceror
Magnet --10 Barbarian (RIP)
Magnett--9 Barbarian/1 Sorc
Mochop--10 Monk
Nazsong--10 Bard (RIP)
Ramana--10 Sorc
Rammsteen--9 Cleric/1 Fighter (RIP)
Tavnor--1 Fighter/9 Cleric (RIP)
Tipto--10 Rogue
Twocoins--9 Bard/1 Ranger
Vattleii--
Warlosh--9 Bard/1 Fighter
Xargrath 9 Wizard/1 Rogue

I'm honored to play Dungeons and Dragons with such exceptional players. Thank you for the good times past and those to come.

parvo
01-28-2008, 03:08 PM
To those that hit 10. Congratulations!!

Both Kyllan and Xargrath are excellent trap disablers. If you have more questions on what a splash Rogue can do for a party post here: http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Mortal Voyage seeks balanced, challenging play. Because we don't buy potions, wands or scrolls, UMD isn't unbalanced like it is in "normal" play or other PD rule sets. Niether Kyllan or Xargrath (or anyone else from Mortal Voyage) has ever UMD'ed a Raise Scroll. In over four months of play, and over two hundered current active characters we've had a grand total of one Raise Dead. We don't have a rule set that makes our adventure a grind to an inevitable goal. We create a challenging and balanced environment where the adventure has an uncertain end.

[eaten by cube]

Beherit_Baphomar
01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Y'know Parvo,

I feel that the Legion guys got you on a bad day.

Its obvious you take alotta pride in your Permadeath play, you try and promote it every chance you get, you are hardcore, no doubt about it.

I think you just got a little....overzealous....when Legion posted their achievement.

That said congrats to your guildies...our guild (Order of the Silver Dragons) will soon be coming to Khyber on Permadeath rules.

We decided to go to a different server cause I would cheat if we didnt.

Congrats Parvo/Mortal Voyage.

Oh and the cleric who died...man, got to 10 and died? Thats....that just sucks.

parvo
01-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Y'know Parvo,

I feel that the Legion guys got you on a bad day.

Its obvious you take alotta pride in your Permadeath play, you try and promote it every chance you get, you are hardcore, no doubt about it.

I think you just got a little....overzealous....when Legion posted their achievement.

That said congrats to your guildies...our guild (Order of the Silver Dragons) will soon be coming to Khyber on Permadeath rules.

We decided to go to a different server cause I would cheat if we didnt.

Congrats Parvo/Mortal Voyage.

Oh and the cleric who died...man, got to 10 and died? Thats....that just sucks.

Good luck in your permadeath ventures. If you want to join a guild in progress, visit the MV links page. There are open PD guilds on every server. Although I've never played with the folks where you're headed.

No doubt, it hurts to lose a level ten PD character. Consider the group chose to short-group a very difficult quest and he was the only one capable of Raise Dead. As tough as it is, that same dynamic is what makes permadeath play great. Without risk, you might as well not play PD.

Tolero
01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
Need I remind anyone the rules of the achievement forums? I hope not

I advise everyone to please review them as well as the forum guidelines

parvo
01-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Need I remind anyone the rules of the achievement forums? I hope not

I advise everyone to please review them as well as the forum guidelines

Thank you Tolero. I reviewed the rules and believe all my postings are within acceptable range. If not, please let me know and I'll remove it myself.

~Zornochio
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Congratulations on 10 guys, I can hardly get past 3 these days :)

parvo
01-31-2008, 09:39 AM
Congratulations on 10 guys, I can hardly get past 3 these days :)

Thanks Zorn.

parvo
02-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Added magnet. Latest mortal to make level ten. Awesome stuff from a player who has never done most of the mid-level dungeons before. Magnet is the players higherst character. PD or non-PD.

parvo
07-24-2008, 08:06 AM
Updated.

totmacher
07-24-2008, 08:20 AM
nerf permadeath!!

parvo
09-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Updated.