PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Awsome Yo

ChaelaAnne
01-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Do you know what I would love more than ANYTHING?? If when I locked an item into my backpack, if it would stay in the slot that I assign for it. I know, it's a nit picky little thing, but I organize all my weapons, because I don't use them all regularly, but sometimes I need something weird. When I go searching for it, it ends up in my potions pack, or armor pack, or trinket pack. :eek: I R Dum tank. It's just too much for me.

McSurlykins
01-24-2008, 04:46 AM
i thought i was the only one

Nightsun33
01-24-2008, 04:52 AM
Thirded

MyloInKY
01-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Fourthed.

Its unanimous! Let's make it so.

Mylo

ZarakNur
01-24-2008, 06:26 AM
I too, cast my vote for this.

Big_Russ
01-24-2008, 07:11 AM
That WOULD be nice. Too bad the devs won't look at this thread for 3 months. "Wicked Awesome Yo" doesn't exactly scream "here's a good idea for backpack space."

GovtMule
01-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Oh yeah! Soooo /signed!

I am even willing to take the effective hit to overall packspace so as to have the items return to the spot I placed them.

gimmiegimmiegimmie

Missing_Minds
01-24-2008, 07:13 AM
I don't need ham juice squished about all over my bags.

Jebise
01-24-2008, 07:16 AM
How is it that I only looked at the title, and still knew EXACTLY who posted it? hmmm...

but yeah... it's a great idea. My poor bard is running around with 5 nearly full backpacks, and I can never find anything that's not on a hotbar.

Mercules
01-24-2008, 07:47 AM
That WOULD be nice. Too bad the devs won't look at this thread for 3 months. "Wicked Awesome Yo" doesn't exactly scream "here's a good idea for backpack space."

Yeah, I had a flashback to an annoying 21-year-old I worked with who was friends with my fiance, then girlfriend. The three of us went out together one night and after the 3rd fight he had tried to start I was about ready to dump his "You know it... Yo." speaking butt on the side of the road and call him a cab.

On topic... Hmmm.. actually that was since the topic is "Wicked Awesome Yo".

So... replying to what has been said...

This request has been around forever. I think if the developers had an easy way to do it they would be glad to implement it. I know I for one wouldn't mind having some slots that lock. I think the issue, however, is that if you have items you swap then you are eating up an extra slot. On my Rogue I was gloves, goggles, rings, boots, cloaks, and belts. That is 6 slots in my inventory that I couldn't use because they would be locked to an item.

Your best bet is to open yet another hotbar and drop even those rarely used items on it. Or, if they are really that rarely used, get rid of them. Try and find an item that is good in many situations instead of 4 weapons perfect for a rare situation. This would be why I have a couple Ghost Touch/Adamantine weapons on various characters. Not the greatest for whacking x/Adamantine DR creatures or incorporeal, but it takes up one slot and helps with them both.

Starrloom
01-24-2008, 07:51 AM
signed

Jebise
01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Yeah, I had a flashback to an annoying 21-year-old I worked with who was friends with my fiance, then girlfriend. The three of us went out together one night and after the 3rd fight he had tried to start I was about ready to dump his "You know it... Yo." speaking butt on the side of the road and call him a cab.

This request has been around forever. I think if the developers had an easy way to do it they would be glad to implement it. I know I for one wouldn't mind having some slots that lock. I think the issue, however, is that if you have items you swap then you are eating up an extra slot. On my Rogue I was gloves, goggles, rings, boots, cloaks, and belts. That is 6 slots in my inventory that I couldn't use because they would be locked to an item.

Your best bet is to open yet another hotbar and drop even those rarely used items on it. Or, if they are really that rarely used, get rid of them. Try and find an item that is good in many situations instead of 4 weapons perfect for a rare situation. This would be why I have a couple Ghost Touch/Adamantine weapons on various characters. Not the greatest for whacking x/Adamantine DR creatures or incorporeal, but it takes up one slot and helps with them both.

You really have to know her to get it. I know her IRL, and believe me, she's not like that. She's poking fun at the way people talk. Either way, there's no need to get negative.

vainangel
01-24-2008, 08:48 AM
There is nothing more frustrating than being in the middle of a quest, and having to dig through all of the pack slots to find an item I just picked up.

The only problem I would see with this is the space only being keyed for a certian item. [ie] You lock a wand in a box, the wand gets used up and then your pack will not let anything else but a wand in that empty space.

I would offer possibly bound items [I hear talk mod 6 will allow players to bind items to prevent damage] will always return where you put them. This would make sense as it would be items you would use often.

Kreaper
01-24-2008, 08:56 AM
I agree. I would also like for you fix it so that when you lock your hot bars, you actually LOCK you hot bars and can't pull things off of them during a heated battle.

aldan
01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
This has been brought up before. I agree though how annoying it is to organize your pack and when you switch items etc, they move around in your backpack.

KoboldKiller
01-24-2008, 09:10 AM
/signed

Mercules
01-24-2008, 09:34 AM
I agree. I would also like for you fix it so that when you lock your hot bars, you actually LOCK you hot bars and can't pull things off of them during a heated battle.

This is a bug. I forget the exact work around, but it apparently isn't too hard. I believe that your hot bars are locked but logging out and back in leaves them in a state where you can drag something around... once. So the workaround, as I understand it, is to move something every time you log in and once one thing is moved from one space to another the hot bars are locked solid.

Mercules
01-24-2008, 09:38 AM
You really have to know her to get it. I know her IRL, and believe me, she's not like that. She's poking fun at the way people talk. Either way, there's no need to get negative.

That was negative?

The only negative point in my post was that the Title of the Thread, as another poster pointed out, is not in any way referring to the actual substance of the thread which means a lot of people who would agree or disagree are going to skip it.

Kreaper
01-24-2008, 09:45 AM
This is a bug. I forget the exact work around, but it apparently isn't too hard. I believe that your hot bars are locked but logging out and back in leaves them in a state where you can drag something around... once. So the workaround, as I understand it, is to move something every time you log in and once one thing is moved from one space to another the hot bars are locked solid.

Nah. I will often move weapons around to be a more convenient setup depending on each quest. You can move the same item several times.

Kreaper
01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Then again, I may have unlocked my hotbars since it was more of an annoyance to me. My caster friends are the ones with the issues.

Jebise
01-24-2008, 09:55 AM
That was negative?

The only negative point in my post was that the Title of the Thread, as another poster pointed out, is not in any way referring to the actual substance of the thread which means a lot of people who would agree or disagree are going to skip it.

Maybe I just read into it. My apologies, it's been a rough day.

Turial
01-24-2008, 10:10 AM
The only issue I would have with a system like this is if you lock your cure mod wand to bag 1 slot 1 and have it in hand when you loot a chest. The game then either has to fill that slot with loot or slide that loot to an unassigned slot. If you have 4 bags full of stuff the virtual hold spots for items your currently wearing makes bag space even more sparse.

In the end it would be nice to have but I wouldnt use it.

Dirac
01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Yes, this request has been around a long time. I've signed onto it before and will every time someone brings it up. This would be a wonderful improvement.

The_Phenx
01-24-2008, 11:00 AM
/signed signed and did I mention signed

ChaelaAnne
01-24-2008, 01:30 PM

Well, really, i just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one.

ChaelaAnne
01-24-2008, 01:35 PM
The only issue I would have with a system like this is if you lock your cure mod wand to bag 1 slot 1 and have it in hand when you loot a chest. The game then either has to fill that slot with loot or slide that loot to an unassigned slot. If you have 4 bags full of stuff the virtual hold spots for items your currently wearing makes bag space even more sparse.

In the end it would be nice to have but I wouldnt use it.

I guess I didn't mean permenantly... just move something, lock it, and then if you want to move it again, unlock it, move it, and lock it.

ChaelaAnne
01-24-2008, 02:01 PM

Well, the problem that I have with another hot bar is that it will compromise the viewable size of the game. I honestly think that having a clear view of the game is more important than having every single thing in my backpack in a hotbar. There are things that i do use, and unfortunatly, as I spend a lot of money on pots, scrolls, and wands to be able to provide the clerics in my parties with a little help. I don't have the money to spend 5 million plat on a +3 shocking thundering acid burst adamantine undead bane greatsword of behind kicking. And frankly, I shouldn't need to. The game isn't about who has the most money to buy CRAAAAAAZY loot. You should be able to get by on what drops. I was just hoping the devs would provide a way to do that. I make due, but it would be fantastic if they did something to make it easier.

RE the statement my friend found offensive... I actually took it the same way he did. I just wanted to let you know that mayhaps you should be a bit more careful in the future. I apologize that the title annoyed you, but it was 3am when I made the post, and I was a little punchy.

HumanJHawkins
01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
/signed (Nineteenthed...)

GlassCannon
01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Fifty seventh'd

Sokar6000
01-24-2008, 08:22 PM
/agree!

Today, while getting ready for a titan run;

"Sokarr, cast greater teleport on us."

Me:

Them: "Uhh...Sokarr? Greater teleport, please?"

Me: "Hang on, <expletive>. I'm looking for my <expletive> scrolls that I forgot to put on the hotbar..."

Now, if they always went back to the same slot after de-equiping them...

Mercules
01-24-2008, 09:58 PM
RE the statement my friend found offensive... I actually took it the same way he did.

What? That the title gave no hint as to what was in the body of the thread and could have been better stated?

ChaelaAnne
01-24-2008, 10:05 PM
What? That the title gave no hint as to what was in the body of the thread and could have been better stated?

That's not a very flattering comparison. I agree with what you said, and if there were an option to change it I would. However, the way you chose to say it was a little rude. Rather then just SAYING "Hey, I agree with this, but I'm bummed that more people won't know what the thread is about because of the subject line", you chose to compare me to an annoying, petty 21 year old that you wanted to kick out of your car. As a result, I chose to try and be polite and let you know that it was a little offensive.

Mercules
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Well, the problem that I have with another hot bar is that it will compromise the viewable size of the game. I honestly think that having a clear view of the game is more important than having every single thing in my backpack in a hotbar.

I agree with you, but short of Turbine leaving spots locked for given items and thus cutting down on our already short space, or breaking the bags up somehow so that items were assigned to given bags making it easier to search for them I don't see how the would do that. This was asked for nearly two years ago... seconded, thirded, and 1,475th'd, and they still haven't changed it. I hope they can figure something out, but I am just warning you to not hold your breath.

I'm in the process of buying a bigger monitor(one that isn't 80 pounds) with a widescreen aspect to clear up some viewable space. Otherwise it is a matter of arranging hotbars and everything else to work for you in the game, not an easy task.

Good luck and sorry if you took offense at the comment that the title was unclear and annoying... you are likely to get worse even on this very monitored forum, sad to say.

ChaelaAnne
01-24-2008, 10:08 PM
/agree!

Today, while getting ready for a titan run;

"Sokarr, cast greater teleport on us."

Me:

Them: "Uhh...Sokarr? Greater teleport, please?"

Me: "Hang on, <expletive>. I'm looking for my <expletive> scrolls that I forgot to put on the hotbar..."

Now, if they always went back to the same slot after de-equiping them...

Lol, I can relate. And even IN the hotbars, I can NEVER figure out which button is Muckbane fast enough. **grumble** silly sword eating mucky rusty buggers.**

ChaelaAnne
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
I agree with you, but short of Turbine leaving spots locked for given items and thus cutting down on our already short space, or breaking the bags up somehow so that items were assigned to given bags making it easier to search for them I don't see how the would do that. This was asked for nearly two years ago... seconded, thirded, and 1,475th'd, and they still haven't changed it. I hope they can figure something out, but I am just warning you to not hold your breath.

I'm in the process of buying a bigger monitor(one that isn't 80 pounds) with a widescreen aspect to clear up some viewable space. Otherwise it is a matter of arranging hotbars and everything else to work for you in the game, not an easy task.

Good luck and sorry if you took offense at the comment that the title was unclear and annoying... you are likely to get worse even on this very monitored forum, sad to say.

Actually, I would be thrilled if they even divided up the backpacks to item catagories. (I know that isn't exactly what I'm trying to say, but words are escaping me.) I actually do that to my backpack. Wearible items in the first pack. Collectables that I havent' sent to the bank yet, and quest items go in the second. Greatswords go in the third. (I can't believe I have enough to almost fill a pack... yikes.) All other weapons go in the fourth, and other goes in the fifth. I can't tell you the annoyance of switching to haggle necklace, and then trying to find my underwater necklace again in all that mess.

I actually do have a widescreen. Granted, it's a 17" on my laptop, but it still doesn't help. I guess I'll have to make due, as it's my own fault that I can't stand having bars to the left or right.

Honestly, as I stated above, it wasn't that I took offense to the actual thought of the title, again, you are right, and I would change it if I could. It was the way it was stated.

Mercules
01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
That's not a very flattering comparison. I agree with what you said, and if there were an option to change it I would. However, the way you chose to say it was a little rude. Rather then just SAYING "Hey, I agree with this, but I'm bummed that more people won't know what the thread is about because of the subject line", you chose to compare me to an annoying, petty 21 year old that you wanted to kick out of your car. As a result, I chose to try and be polite and let you know that it was a little offensive.

Actually... I compared the title to something an annoying 21-year-old would say, a rather accurate comparison. Indirectly, though... I implied you were annoying, which was not my intent and I apologize if you took it that way.

There are certain things that will get under my skin immediately.

Certain slang that garbles the English language(more than it already is) especially the wanna-be gansta's.

Netspeak. u no 4 sur wat th@ iz

Again sorry if that came out harsher than I intended and I hope that explains why I might have been that way.

Kromize
01-24-2008, 10:24 PM
twentyseconthed :D