PDA

View Full Version : What's your job?

KoboldKiller
01-23-2008, 01:03 PM
I know this is probably a old topic but I thought it might be interesting. In getting to know the players better I was curious as to what your job is or are you a full time student? I'm an office manager for a small manufacturing company.

Beherit_Baphomar
01-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Pimp.

Oh and hustla.

And playa.

Dariuss
01-23-2008, 01:12 PM
i run the client services/tech support/sales departments of a streaming media company

pimping is just a hobby for me unfortunately

MrCow
01-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Here... I'll help add plenty more people's occupation in one small post. This question was asked a while ago in this thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=128440&highlight=tutor). History loves to repeat itself. :D

Dexxaan
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Was Mortgage Broker for 6+ years, but that wave has come to a crashing end. (No Pun intended)

Now Overseas and I'm an Int'l Banking Liasion.

KoboldKiller
01-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Oh well, like I said it was probably asked before.:D

Ardanroth
01-23-2008, 01:33 PM
i assure that the product meets the design intent for submarines

VonBek
01-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Philosopher King! :D

No, really I'm just an IT generalist

Aeneas
01-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Puny underling at a small architectural firm/ full time biology student.

Ironforge_Clan
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Professional Engineer and Licensed Land Surveyor

ToeTank
01-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Middle management at a Park District. I oversee the division that works with people with disabilities. I have been married for 13 years (wife does not play :-( ) and we are expecting our first child in a month. I am guessing my limited gaming times is going to get even more limited.

Eregion2
01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Full-time student trying to decide if continuing a 4.0gpa is worth the trouble. :rolleyes:

Sambvca
01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Retired.

I made a few million by opening a tuna fish farm and feeding them only
celerey, onions, and mayonaise.

Azalin
01-23-2008, 03:39 PM
IT Director, who, sadly, had to WebSense this site and many others like it from the masses.

Thank God for *cough* testbed *cough* internet conenctions! :p

slumbering_dragon
01-23-2008, 03:42 PM
i'm a plumber, was a cook first but went the other way in the en, it just pays better, but now my kids are wantong to be chefs and my wife and i are talking about opening a dinner near were we live, so i might be a cook agian who knows.

ZEFFLON
01-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Navy Chief Electrican stationed in Italy.

"Your tax dollars at work " lol

Cupcake
01-23-2008, 03:54 PM
*DDO Forum pain in the ass.

Strakeln
01-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Software and Systems Engineer for a defense contractor. Working more as a technical lead lately since I know what I'm talking about and am pretty good at being an *******.

Yvonne_Blacksword
01-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I attempt to perform unauthorized air to water exchanges on sneaky submersibles...
And I teach others to hone these skills, also...
DooooOOOOooooMmMmMm!!!
:D

Strakeln
01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I attempt to perform unauthorized air to water exchanges on sneaky submersibles...
And I teach others to hone these skills, also...Interesting wording...

You torpedo spy subs?

Nevthial
01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I work about half the year as a Mer....err...consultant. Some folks call it "public relations". I actually find myself in a moral conundrum most of the time. When I am home I get depressed alot thinking about it. The world isn't a nice place and I am not so naive to think I'm making it any better. Thank Bog for the slow times like now.

Yvonne_Blacksword
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Interesting wording...

You torpedo spy subs?
I attempt it..lol...

And when I am not doing that I listen to marine mammals while they are making out...
And I get paid to surf the forums....
um...
no wait...um...
:p:mad::D:rolleyes:

JayDubya
01-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Chief Technical Officer of a non-profit dedicated to making the US government (especially Congress) more transparent and accountable to the voters. We track their activities, build databases of votes and earmarks and campaign donations, etc. It's something of a dream job :)

In my spare time, I write software and (as yet unpublished) fantasy & sci-fi novels.

barecm
01-25-2008, 08:37 AM
I work for a contracting company and am on site at an HQ building for a US military branch (not allowed to state which one publically for some reason). Anyway, I manage the LAN/WAN and VoIP teams as well as provide the last layer of technical support for both; so I am always on call :(

Strakeln
01-25-2008, 09:16 AM
I attempt it..lol...That's.... scary. Do you give them a chance to turn around first?

Makes me wonder what really went on with the Kurusk.

baylensman
01-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Long term...Been doing parts and service for Classic cars since '79 with a brief hiatus doing outside sales (my palms started to itch every time i saw a car with an open hood so I got back into Classics).Now manage a small automotive warehouse (classic parts only)
Work part time at one of the big box stores as a commishioned sales person.(please don't hate me)
Spend most Saturdays from 5:00 am till around 3:00 pm setting up and tearing down a local community market.
Did tons of volunteer work with local youth based stuff till about 2 years ago. (my kids are grown and in college now)

FunnyCide
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Just a lazy about to graduate Studio Art student.

mardersteinel
01-27-2008, 09:41 AM
I work as a surgeon at our University Hospital specializing in complex intestinal reconstructions for cancer, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and correction of previous surgical misadventure.

SILTWOLF
01-27-2008, 09:50 AM
I am a power lineman for a power company.....messing with high voltage(23kv).....and chase storms to help restore power for people

Jopin
01-27-2008, 10:11 AM
I spent 20+ years in practice as an OB/GYN. Just had to quit on disability because of heart disease. :(

cdbd3rd
01-27-2008, 10:27 AM
Full-time student trying to decide if continuing a 4.0gpa is worth the trouble. :rolleyes:

Only at graduation. Beyond that it's what you know/can do more than a number on a piece of paper most employers will never see. ;) My first AA, I carried out a 3.85 - and no one but my mother ever really cared after graduation.

Meanwhile...

Priors:
Occupational safety and health technician
to
Self-employed remodeling construction
to
Contracted custom cabinets installer
to
Truck driver on a dairy delivery route
to
Sales route merchandiser (pre-orders)

(to which some would wonder - what happened to that programming degree ya picked up along the way??) :confused: Heh.

Well, there were no game programming programs around here when I got my AS, so let it slide off to the side - I never signed up for a suit-in-a-cubicle routine... Few years later game coding programs started popping up, but I'd already fallen off the log at that point. :rolleyes::(

...and now ya know a few more things ya never cared to know. :D

*DDO Forum pain in the mule.

*chuckle* Phil did mention something about some back pain earlier... :rolleyes:

_

cdbd3rd
01-27-2008, 10:38 AM
I spent 20+ years in practice as an OB/GYN. Just had to quit on disability because of heart disease. :(

I always made jokes that THAT would be the best job in the world...:D:D:D

...until the Ob-gyn in the office I worked in years ago reminded me that the patients he sees mostly aren't showing up cuz they're healthy.:eek::( He had a good point, and given that I had to do contact interviews for a lot of his patients - I couldn't disagree. ;)

Theboz
01-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Priors

Pizza delivery Driver- got job before I got a car 6 months
Military Police-Army-Korea, Leonard Wood, Somolia, and Panama. 4 years
Fishing Alaska-Dutch Harbor-3 years
Vinyl Extrusion- Doors, Window frames 3 years Wa. state and transfered to IL.
Inline Thermoforming- Solo Cup- 3 years
Thermoforming 3rd shift Sup.- Cleanroom(Tyvek and gloves)

I make all those hard to open plastic packaging clam shells on computer products, retail, and medical packaging and molds for pills

some of the stuff we make Okami sushi containers, Zytec, Scotts, Plantronics, HP

Attomic
01-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Translator, garbage-can philosopher and general dwarf about town.