PDA

View Full Version : Graphical errors in Vault of Night 2: Prison of the Mind

GlassCannon
01-23-2008, 09:54 AM
The Force Jets become erratic after a short while, and the graphics stop synching with the actual pushing effect. You can walk safely through the graphic, or get pushed off by an invisible jet. Please fix this, it makes the quest near uncompletable after the first attempt at the Dagger(say someone dies up top...)

llevenbaxx
01-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Have run into that a couple times too. Best thing you can do is try to move with the sound, its stays on track with the affect I think.

Theres another one Ive run into on that quest too. After the jets and Beholder the ladder you have to jump to. Have seemingly made the jump and am on the ladder but it looks like Im jack rabbit humping the ladder, then all of the sudden you are in the air and the quest is failed. By the time it shows you off the ladder and in the air its too late to DC, it happens in a split second.

BlueLightBandit
01-23-2008, 10:26 AM
Lots of graphics in older quests have become muddled as of late.

Ran Tempest Spine last night, roughly 1/4 of the group could see through walls... basically doors were levitating in the middle of hallways while the walls surrounding them were "invisible". Rocks that you have to climb up to get to the top of certain areas (like the last shrine before you head out to Sor'jek) simply weren't appearing on screen. You can imagine the difficulty of trying to explain to someone while on their first time the process of how to get out of that one.

The Von3 jet (towards the end, after you drop down after the beholders) is often erratic, and mis-timed. Heck, one time I was swimming in the water beforehand some 20-30 steps away and it blew me up and over... my character was still doing the swimming animation while running around on the other side.

I've also noticed that this has had something to do with them trying to alter the "handrail" effect. FYI, the handrail effect is where you can clearly see a mob around a corner or another object, but the invisible boundaries (that you can't walk through) extend past the visible boundaries. I've noticed that they've changed quite a few areas, and this may be part of the "sweeping" effect of a mass change. For example, there used to be a ledge between the mailbox and the bank wall in the marketplace. Several of my characters could jump on that and then jump to the top of the mailbox. Now, it seems as though they've moved the mailbox further from the wall, or rather, that they've moved the invisible boundary of that wall further away from the mailbox, and my characters simply slide off of that ledge now, no longer being able to "stand" on it.

It may be something totally different, but it just seems as though they're similar to me.

krud
01-23-2008, 11:30 AM
llevenbaxx is right, go by the sound, not the graphic. I have noticed this on almost every sonic/fire/etc trap in the game. it is always better to time your moves with the sound.

Mhykke
01-23-2008, 01:13 PM
It does stink, but that's one of my favorite bugs in the game....I like going up there after the jets go haywire, watching as one by one everyone starts to run forward, and then gets blown off.