PDA

View Full Version : LotR has cloaks... :(

Ustice
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
While checking out the UI skinning examples for LotRO, I noticed that some of the characters have cloaks, and I was thinking that since the game uses a similar code base, would it be all that hard for you to allow us to see cloaks and other items that are equipped.. Especially now that we will soon be getting more customization options...

Please? :o

arcanehealer
01-22-2008, 04:49 PM
how about a guild cloak

the guild leader would design a cloak and everyone in the guild would were it at all times (its their fault if they dont like their guild cloak)

MrCow
01-22-2008, 04:50 PM
the guild leader would design a cloak and everyone in the guild would were it at all times (its their fault if they dont like their guild cloak)

/showcloak off

I have fairly lacking artistic skills... my guild members are better off having me not do such a travesty. :D

Oreg
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Daoc you could choose from a variety of patterns and colors.

But seriously, coding would be a nightmare versus Lotr. They don't have combat animations that have you doing 360s and whatnot. How do you fluidly animate the cloak during that kicka** move?

Deragoth
01-22-2008, 04:53 PM
But think of the punishment you could inflict... :D Not that you'd have a guild very long, but the shenanigans would be epic.

Invalid_86
01-22-2008, 06:36 PM
While cloaks would be cool there is definitely something to be said about not seeing every other characters dressed in yet another black cloak. It's cliche for a reason.

Aesop
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
I want a hot freakin pink cloak with multicolored patches on it in the shape of dots :D
Aesop

MysticTheurge
01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I'd prefer cloaks that were actually designed by the art people at Turbine.

They don't have to be super fancy, but I'd prefer they weren't just "Solid Color(s) and an icon that your guildleader picked."

Ildaron
01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
I want a hot freakin pink cloak with multicolored patches on it in the shape of dots :D
Aesop

But Pink is the new black..... so you still want a black cloak! :eek:

Aesop
01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
But Pink is the new black..... so you still want a black cloak! :eek:

Fine I want a Powder Blue Cloak with frilly ruffles on the edge

Aesop

Affront
01-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I would want a cloak that clashes with itself like so many of my wizard's robes do. The colors shouldn't be too bright though because that would just be too hard on my eyes.

Litz
01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
I'll settle for a party hat. It could even look like the hat mickey mouse wore in fantasia.

IgorUnchained
01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
I was just thinking about that when I pulled a gold cloak the other day. Why can we see the helmet, but not the other jewelry/clothes? Then I imagined my tough guy Pally wearing goggles.

Well, I guess not seeing that stuff is ok too... ;)

Aphion
01-22-2008, 10:11 PM
I like MTs idea and agree wish cloaks were in- even to the point it annoys me at times not seeing it on my char knowing Im wearing one :P but I shrug it off and tell myself the cloak of invisibility just rubbed off on it and its invisible to the naked eye. :rolleyes:

QuantumFX
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd prefer cloaks that were actually designed by the art people at Turbine.

They don't have to be super fancy, but I'd prefer they weren't just "Solid Color(s) and an icon that your guildleader picked."

Yeah I could see some pretty awesome effects that could be applied to Zephir and the Etherial Cloak.

Eladiun
01-24-2008, 03:16 PM
While checking out the UI skinning examples for LotRO, I noticed that some of the characters have cloaks, and I was thinking that since the game uses a similar code base, would it be all that hard for you to allow us to see cloaks and other items that are equipped.. Especially now that we will soon be getting more customization options...
Please? :o

No Worries... DDO will get all of LotR Hand me downs. Heck, we got skinning. Then we can get gnomes just jiggle those hobbit animations slightly. Housing... You don't mind living in a big mushroom do you. In MOD 8 we will all be hunting for the one true ring that should be cool.

rpasell
01-24-2008, 04:18 PM
I want a Technicolor Dream Cloak w/3 charges per day Fascinate