PDA

View Full Version : Cholthulzz Bugg @ End of Ghosts of Perdition

ShrewMage
01-20-2008, 06:04 PM
After completing the quest "Ghosts of Perdition" the end boss will not speak to me or my other party member. In turn, making the quest unable to be completed since the last objective is "Speak to the Doomsphere". I have turned in a ticket and spoke with a GM on the issue, but he was unable to resolve the problem. So I asked that the issue be escaladed to a Seinor GM for investigation. (2 hours waiting at this point)

Now I understand that the Seinor Game Masters have a lot on their plates and not a lot of time for smal frys like myself, but this is not an issue that should take this long to fix. I have had similar problems with the quest "Tomb of the Tormented" where the end boss was not "Awakened" once all of the rats were gnawing on him, therefore making the quest unbeatable. However, in that situation the GM that addressed our problem was able to manually complete the objective and allow us to progress in the quest.

Should this issue not have the same resolution?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I hope to hear back from someone about this problem soon.

Sincerely, Shrewmage

ShrewMage
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Two days later I attempted to try soloing this quest again, and have experienced the same problem.

When this happened on Sunday the 20th of January 2008, I was unable to submit a bug report because of an error message that kept coming up after submitting the report. However, today I was able to successfully submit a bug report.

If any GM's can fix this issue, please contact me ingame on the server Argonnessen on the character Shrewmage. I am still in the quest and will remain there until I get a responce.

Thanks, Shrewmage

tntimok
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
I tried coming in the quest with Shrew and Cholthulzz won't talk to me either

ShrewMage
01-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Is there any way I can at least get a responce from someone to let me know you guys are looking into the issue?

Would be nice to get my end reward and chest, but I'm not asking for a miracle just a little reassurance.

Mad_Bombardier
01-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Is your ticket still open? Many times, they get closed and players have no idea when or by whom.

ShrewMage
01-23-2008, 10:06 AM
Both tickets I've put in on this issue are closed. The first one because I no longer had time to wait in the quest, and the second because I didn't feel the need to escalade the issue since it wasn't resolved last time it was escaladed.

I've been thinking about this issue and I believe I have discovered what it is that caused the problem. I'll have to test my idea to be sure though. What I'm thinking bugs it out, is the way I'm Dimension Dorring out before hitting the ground. I believe that on that final blow, that if I ddor out before touching the ground then it bugs. The reason I think this may be the cause of my problem is because both times I was able to speak with the doomsphere after defeating him, I didn't ddor out after that final blow. And the two times it did bug, I had taken the door just a split second after the final blow was dealt.

Here's why I believe this is the problem:
Normally when you complete this quest, Cholthulzz moves over to the chect location at the time the last blow is dealt. There must be something related to standing on the floor with to him that triggers the act of moving over to the chest. Each time he has bugged, he did not move over to the chest. Instead he stayed in the spot where the final blow was dealt and continued to do the same movements he would as if he were still fighting me.

I'm going to test this theory later on today when i get some time to go ingame, and if I find this is the cause I'll post my findings here so others will know in case anyone else has the same problem.