PDA

View Full Version : New Character Creation. (Defaults?)

Kromize
01-20-2008, 05:23 AM
I believe that when a new character is made, there should be a few default changes.

First, voice and whatnot should always be enabled right away, that takes some hassle off from real newbies.

Next, I think that people should be able to set their own defaults for creating new characters, because as a person that creates new characters a bit to play around with, it gets kinda annoying to change stuff around in there. (;

Just a few thoughts.

Tanka
01-20-2008, 10:18 AM
When told to Disable Tooltips, disable them for all future characters as well!

No matter how fast I hotkey and click, I can't disable before the first one pops up. A minor frustration, sure, but if I have two capped characters with over 1750 favor on the server, and a multitude of lowbies, I don't need tips on how to play the game, thankyouverymuch.

Pellegro
01-20-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like having voice OFF by default.

It means I can let my kids create their umpteenth warforged, hop in, run around, and I don't have to worry about voice being on.

They can't read so I don't have to worry about that either.

Minor point, but it does make my life somewhat easier.

flatlyne2001
01-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually like having voice OFF by default.

It means I can let my kids create their umpteenth warforged, hop in, run around, and I don't have to worry about voice being on.

They can't read so I don't have to worry about that either.

Minor point, but it does make my life somewhat easier.

You sir are the coolest dad LOL

cdbd3rd
01-20-2008, 11:21 AM
...so basically, the bottom line is to ask for the ability to set personal defaults.

I can get on board with that.

/nods.

(I have ONCE gotten the hints turned off before the first popped up. I think I caught it napping...) :D

MysticTheurge
01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
I think DeadlyGazebo said they were working on the ability to save settings and port them from machine to machine, perhaps they could make it so you can port them from character to character at the same time.