PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Damage via arrow

mutantbee
01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I am thinking about "two boxing" (duoing) 2 characters with my two accounts and I would like to try something new. I would like to see the maximum damage a character can do via ranged combat, primarily per shot, but also DPS.

The second character will be a buffing type. I'm thinking a pure bard, warchanter, so as to get maximum buffage from songs, and max duration from spells (haste, etc.) The damage dealer main guy right now I am thinking a pure ranger with as much strength as I can squeeze in for max bow str damage coupled with max FE damage, and maybe even elf for the extra 2 points of damage from the racial. I know a fighter can get plus 4 from grtr wep spec, but the ranger gets quite a bit more from FE against what will be 4 groups of mobs come MOD 6.

The other synergy I am thinking from ranger is that the bard can keep him displaced and hasted, while the ranger can keep them covered by elemental resists and prots and max barkskin. Also, when ranged combat grows tiresome (if it does) a ranger is an easy switch to melee.

I am thinking I can get plus 9 dmg from bardsongs, plus 5 wep bonus, plus 11 FE bonus (at 15), plus a STR bonus of around plus 10 or so. That's plus 35 dmg per arrow not including special effects like elem align dmg.

Please let me know what you all think.....

sigtrent
01-18-2008, 06:07 PM
You could technicaly get more damage if you went ranger11/barbarian1/fighter2, probably elf still. An extra 5 strength that way while raged. If you go fighter 4 at 16 you can get WSpec in there too.

The bard might want to go halfling.. and you can take heroes companion.. I forget if it has a damage bonus, might just be attack and saves.

mutantbee
01-18-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Sigtrent! I knew I could count on you for some insightful comments. I didn't think of Halfling for the companion bonus (says plus 2 to hit, dmg, saves, and 1 to AC at the highest level), I've never tried it. But the description says the bonus is "while by your side".

Since he is gonna stay back during the action that might not work. Anyone know the actual range/duration of it?

I should have stated max sustained arrow damage, since I didn't want to have to rage to get it, and I kinda want to stay pure or semi-pure. 4 levels of fighter for the wep spec is tempting though. Kinda want max barkskin though.... Hmmmmmmm

Thanks again!

Thrudh
01-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Sigtrent! I knew I could count on you for some insightful comments. I didn't think of Halfling for the companion bonus (says plus 2 to hit, dmg, saves, and 1 to AC at the highest level), I've never tried it. But the description says the bonus is "while by your side".

Since he is gonna stay back during the action that might not work. Anyone know the actual range/duration of it?

I should have stated max sustained arrow damage, since I didn't want to have to rage to get it, and I kinda want to stay pure or semi-pure. 4 levels of fighter for the wep spec is tempting though. Kinda want max barkskin though.... Hmmmmmmm

Thanks again!

From the Compendium (www.ddo.com) under Halfling enhancements
Grant one of your companions a short-term +5 bonus to damage and saves, a +4 bonus to attacks, and a +3 bonus to AC while he or she is by your side.

it lasts 20 seconds... the halfling has to be fairly close to the other character to "cast" it on him, but doesn't have to remain near the other character...

My halfling ranger/wizard uses it before big fights... I don't think the tanks I cast it on even know it's there... They probably just think, "Damn, I'm kicking a$$ tonight!"... It's pretty powerful, but short duration.

mutantbee
01-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the info. It does sound powerful, but in this case, it won't work out. Something to keep in mind for other scenarios though. : )

Narwe
02-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Why have your bard displace your ranger when as an elf he (or she) can self-displace with the dragonmark? As a ranger you can take the extend feat allowing your dragonmark displacements (and invisibility) to last a long time. I did this on my 6 ranger/10 rogue and 12 ranger/1 ftr (nice having bow strength, many shot and sneak attack all available as well as UMD for flame arrow). Couple this with the elf to hit and damage bonus and you will do very well with your arrows.