PDA

View Full Version : Animation bug, gonna fix?

NwMacabre
01-18-2008, 01:08 AM
I have looked and have found nothing addressing this ugly issue.
When a character sits or lays down with an emote, or any animation that should make them remain still, like being knocked prone, killed,
THE PLAYER CAN STILL MAKE THE BODY TURN.
This should be super easy to fix and im quite surprised its still in the game, hideous. It takes away from the immersion and makes the game itself ugly.
So devs, when will this be fixed? and if not, oh dear god why?

Thank you,

Macabre

WeaselKing
01-18-2008, 01:10 AM
I am pretty sure that Codog has done this for next mod, he mentioned in the Doghouse somewhere.

NwMacabre
01-18-2008, 01:12 AM
Thank you very much weasel, now, where to find the answer? theres no search and the thread has 100 pages...

Update, found this after looking through 30 of the dog house pages:

Codog:
"Merry Christmas Everybody!
Alas... why has sitting and spinning at a shrine being stopped? There is a wizard out there... blast his name!!! Let's pretend for the sake of argument that his name is Torel and let's pretend he's an old college roommate of mine that I used to play Neverwinter Nights with. Torel sits and spins while resting... sleeping... and makes an aggravating sound "WHHEEEE WHHEEEE WHHEEEEE" over voice chat and taunts me every single Thursday night... "Ha ha ha... you still haven't fixed it yet!!!"

No... this fix wasn't scheduled by my boss. It wasn't approved by production. It was killed as a task in my queue years ago as completely a low priority fix. I spent four hours after our Thursday night play night fixing it up until 4am on my own time so that when Module 6 comes out Torel won't be aggravating me anymore. Consider it Merry Christmas to me! Occasionally, you have indulge yourself and fix something for yourself.

Happy Holidays!

Codog"

PS:This server needs a search feature for individual threads as well as entire forum and category area.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-18-2008, 06:28 AM
PS:This server needs a search feature for individual threads as well as entire forum and category area.

It has one, look at the title bar near the top

Strakeln
01-18-2008, 09:47 AM
When new bugs and/or exploits arise as a result of this change, I promise to be merciless whilst I rub everyone's face in it.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you don't like spinning while resting, take mouse look off and use the num pad.