PDA

View Full Version : Little help pls .....technical problem

Mudcnd
01-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Got sent away to work in the canadian syberia, I brought my gaming computer with me, but left the external hard drive at home.
My ddo addiction got the best of me, went out and bought aircard, well i found out that DDo was installed on my external HD< sitting at home > but there was a unpatched install of DDo in one of my hard drives, so I patched it , and everything seemed fine, booted up and went to putin username and password ... and got the bad username error. got my brother to log in to my account on his computer and everything is fine. but on my newly patched computer I the user name and pass does not work , and all the links community, account , support and the lost password , links all go to cogaccounts.codemasters.com when it should be turbine/accounts or something like that!

Does anyone have a clue what might be going on?

Thanks

DragonKiller
01-17-2008, 10:29 PM
https://myaccount.turbine.com/

Mudcnd
01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
lol so i guess I need a product key, its funny because i have DL the ddo client many times i dont remeber having this problem.

Kraldor
01-17-2008, 10:58 PM
If the links are going to Codemasters, you have the EU version of the game installed.

Mudcnd
01-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Nooooooooo.......... god its going to take days to patch again, :(
Well on the + side I did see a copy of ddo at EB games on the disco shelf for 5 or 10 bucks.......kinda sad methinks.

Thanks for the help, makes me wonder what i was smoken when I downloaded it !

liamfrancais
01-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Nooooooooo.......... god its going to take days to patch again, :(
Well on the + side I did see a copy of ddo at EB games on the disco shelf for 5 or 10 bucks.......kinda sad methinks.

Thanks for the help, makes me wonder what i was smoken when I downloaded it !

LOL, guess it was something medicinal. Well at least you saw a copy out there I think it is a good way to get others playing, you know they are bored it is not too expensive and get 10 day free trial they like it and play for along time. Only problem is that after the initial download off of disc the patching will be crazy!!!!

Eladiun
01-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Got sent away to work in the canadian syberia
Thanks

Boy, you really must have screwed up. What ya do sleep with the bosses wife? J/K

Stop don't install unpatched and go through patching that's a friggin nightmare I made that mistake once it too like 3 days to complete patching and I had to intervene constantly...Download the latests client from here

http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=77&siid=30

Then it will only need the latest patch or 2 and you will be golden and running in a hour or so rather than days.

Mudcnd
01-18-2008, 09:06 AM
:( shoot i downloaded the client last night , would have thought it would have taken much longer.
I wonder if i can just rape the codemaster version for the files that patched or am i going to screw up this installation.
Cant hurt to try right?

unionyes
01-18-2008, 10:37 AM
I also live here in Canadian Siberia. Of course, I was born here, giving me a +4 insight bonus into Canadian technical issues (as well as a +6 environmental bonus on hockey checks and a +2 to saves vs. beer).

I have had a similar issue downloading from the website. I clicked on the 'International' button, however Turbine has Canada lumped in with the US for servers, support, accounts, etc, which is a good thing as it would be really hard to get a group going in the evening with the Europeans.

Mudcnd
01-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah where abouts are ya ?
Im in a place they should call little newfie land!
Im really interested in seeing if the game is going to be playable on a air card !
If it works , i think i might bet a ups backup and a 1000w inverter and see if i can do pop runs while ripping down ice roads at 90km/hr :D
6502 out of 8900, lol just when its done its prob time to go check a rig

unionyes
01-18-2008, 02:33 PM
I am in a place they should call newfie land too....Alberta.

From the sounds of it you are up north, probably near Fort Mac, a newfie home away from home if there ever was one.

Mudcnd
01-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Dont ever call alberta newfieland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They can have ft mac tho , its really the ummm armpit of the province !
And yeah im not in ft mac im real close to conklin right now, camp sucks , i swear jail cells are bigger and they have a included toilet.
This camp really sucks random searches , security gate out side campand a almost a 10 pm curfew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really dont fit my style!

unionyes
01-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Isn't camp life great? It has been a while for me, but I remember it well.

On the bright side, there isn't much (legal) to spend your money on in camp, so when you finally go home you go home in style.

Where were you before you went there?

Edited to say just looked at your location, I live in Calgary too. Lots of snow here today, you aren't missing much.

mudfud
01-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Dont ever call alberta newfieland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They can have ft mac tho , its really the ummm armpit of the province !
And yeah im not in ft mac im real close to conklin right now, camp sucks , i swear jail cells are bigger and they have a included toilet.
This camp really sucks random searches , security gate out side campand a almost a 10 pm curfew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really dont fit my style!

Heh let them fix there own oil rigs mudman!

Mudcnd
01-18-2008, 05:16 PM
Lol big mud! You can still type !!!! Your not going to overdo it with the repetitive hand and wrist motions are ya?

And yeah I miss calgary so much, hate my job , hate my boss , and well i hate ft mac most of all!
330updatesout of 9000 woot almost done!

You know your a ddo addict when you spend 600$ to have internet and ddo for 3 months, have to admit im kinda Leary on leaving my gaming computer sitting in camp all day, but what are ya going to do?

mudfud
01-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Canadians....bleh thought there were only 1 of you, but guess not.
Yeah, hands are good, worst part was not playing for nearly 2 months while was going therapy after each surgery.
So far both hands only ache in the cold weather, so just staying outta cold for now.

Don't feel bad, i spent 6k for this pc and only use it for ddo so far in the 2 years since i have had it...bought it for gaming and only game i installed so far :o

Mudcnd
01-19-2008, 12:31 AM
Just one game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No way has to be something else installed !

mudfud
01-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Nope, just ddo and photoshop on this one.
So I was playing ddo, and i thought of something.. How many canadians does it take to help get you back into ddo...and i just had to come to this thread to see what the count was at so far.:p

Maxwell1380
01-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Ya, so I had a similar issue, and all I did was do a search for ddo downloads, found the link to redownload the game, intalled and just entered my old account info. worked like a charm. And the air card works beautifully for me being an OTR driver and all.