PDA

View Full Version : Some new mailbox suggestions

Kisaragi
01-17-2008, 07:56 PM
In an attempt to keep updating the mailbox to become more functional I had a few new ideas for it.

1.) Address Book - Scribe contact names to your contact list to send items/money to. No more typing in the same name fifty times when transferring equipment, just select the name you wish to send things to. I personally send a lot of stuff to my guild and typing the same name over and over again is a bit annoying.

2.) Mail to Guild - Sends a letter/message to all the members of the guild you belong to. This might be an announcement, season's greetings, important note, or even just a friendly greeting.

3.) Forward - Instead of getting a message, and detaching the message, item, or money from one character, you simply pay the cost of the item, and instead forward it to someone else. Maybe someone sent your character a dwarven axe for one of your alts but didn't know their name so they sent it to you. Rather then detaching it, finding it, and remailing it, you click a few times and it's on it's way to the new person.

4.) Mail Reply - If someone sends you a message, they receive an automated reply based on what you type. It costs 1 cp piece to automatically reply to messages. You might send a message to a friend and get a message; "I'm on vacation for two weeks. Please send all mail to such and such email address."

5.) Automatic Signatures - Whenever you type a message on a character, it automatically attaches your signature/quote at the bottom of the letter. More for roleplaying purposes than anything else.

6.) Postcards - Allows you to take a screen capture in game, go to one of the shops, have it turned into a postcard, and allows you to write a letter. You can then send the postcard from the shop and the other characters can view the photograph in game. This might be a bit of work to recognize the images in your folder and then make them into postcards, but it might add some flavor to the world. Take pictures of something and mail it in game to your friends.

7.) Postage due on delivery - The letter is sent, and to retrieve it you must pay the sending cost of the item. For us enterprising people within the city starting up in game businesses. Only 19 plat, 9 gold, and 5 silver for shipping and handling. ^-~

BlueLightBandit
01-18-2008, 09:27 AM
7.) Postage due on delivery - The letter is sent, and to retrieve it you must pay the sending cost of the item. For us enterprising people within the city starting up in game businesses. Only 19 plat, 9 gold, and 5 silver for shipping and handling. ^-~

I could live with this if and only if you put all mailboxes in a pvp area.

Ghost_Aeon
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM

I can do without the CoD unless I can put a 100 plat CoD on a festival twig.

blumsborres
09-23-2010, 05:14 PM
wow! after two years none of these things got implemented!

thought the postcard idea is a bit much he he he

donfilibuster
09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Reading the title i tought they were gonna be 'new' suggestions :-/

blumsborres
09-23-2010, 06:05 PM
they were new when he created this thread back in 01-18-2008 :D