PDA

View Full Version : UI Customization Announced. Details Please.

Ustice
01-17-2008, 09:21 AM
In the new video that was released, there was mention of UI Customization, but no details. Would you please give us an idea of what you are working on in this regard, and its time-frame?

Griphon
01-17-2008, 09:25 AM
They gave info in the video yeah..
It's call a teaser! To keep you interested... Don't expect any information on it until like Mod 8. :)

Ustice
01-17-2008, 09:34 AM
One can hope... :) My poor cleric is working with 12 hotbars, and 2 chat boxes (transparent). When I get the new spells, I fear I may need another hotbar. I'm going to be viewing DDO through a postage stamp soon... :)

Dane_McArdy
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
One can hope... :) My poor cleric is working with 12 hotbars, and 2 chat boxes (transparent). When I get the new spells, I fear I may need another hotbar. I'm going to be viewing DDO through a postage stamp soon... :)

Well, they said mainly the second half of 2008 we should start seeing this. That's 6 months away. I don't want to see the forums filled with ranting and raving over something we don't know about, because of a hint of what that might be.

It will be like PvP, and how everyone said it would change the game forever, and it was the end of the world as we know it. But it wasn't, and it wasn't even slightly like how people feared it would be or do to the game.

And all because of a hint of what they were working on.

arminius
01-17-2008, 09:59 AM

GREAT IDEA!!!!1!1!

Everyone write to the USPS (https://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bin/hdusps.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_prods=97&prod_lvl1=97&prod_lvl2=0&p_sid=pwwyYYJi&xssl=1) right now and let's have a DDO postage stamp!

That would be teh roXX0R!!

:)

Ciaran
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Well, they said mainly the second half of 2008 we should start seeing this. That's 6 months away. I don't want to see the forums filled with ranting and raving over something we don't know about, because of a hint of what that might be.

It will be like PvP, and how everyone said it would change the game forever, and it was the end of the world as we know it. But it wasn't, and it wasn't even slightly like how people feared it would be or do to the game.

And all because of a hint of what they were working on.

In all fairness I think this is a little different..okay, A LOT different. PvP carries all sorts of stigmas and meanings for people. As a former UO player I was quite wary of PvP, and spoke out against it initially, but once more details were offered changed my mind. Customizable User Interfaces are great for those that want to use them and don't stand to have the same impact on game as people though PvP would.

This is just a change to the UI, and adding customization to it. I don't quite see how details on this could bring about the same result as hinting at PvP did - there were all sorts of understandable reasons why people got up in arms about or in defense of PvP. The two things are just totally different. I don't see people getting up in arms over UI changes that only effect the individual.

In any event, MMO forums are notorious for being filled with ranting and raving over everything from understandable gripes to the most inane things.

Kerr
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Rainbows and unicorns in the UI FTW!