PDA

View Full Version : Mod 6 Live January 30th!!!!!!

Kerr
01-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Just read it in the new article on Gamespy!

Sertrynus
01-16-2008, 07:59 PM
YAY just read that on Gamespy as well, can a Dev please confirm that this is the actual release date for Mod 6

Serpent
01-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Pit Fiend Ftw!!!

Taojeff
01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Creature that makes all other creatures in the area act like they have Vorpal on their weapons!!!!!

captain1z
01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Creature that makes all other creatures in the area act like they have Vorpal on their weapons!!!!!

well........... time to stock up on deathblock items

Mad_Bombardier
01-16-2008, 09:23 PM
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dungeons-dragons-online/845978p3.html

Enjoy, folks! Lotta juicy tidbits in this article and vid. :)

Invalid_86
01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
well........... time to stock up on deathblock items

It should be a critical hit, not a death effect. You want heavy fortification instead!

Ishturi
01-16-2008, 09:47 PM
sweet! mod 6 on my birthday!

gpk
01-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Pit Fiend Ftw!!!

http://i3.tinypic.com/6t2w1aq.jpg

MysticTheurge
01-16-2008, 10:30 PM
It should be a critical hit, not a death effect. You want heavy fortification instead!

Heavy Fortification never stops other effects that happen in conjunction with a critical hit. It merely stops the extra damage from a critical.

Vorn
01-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Try it out in PvP, you'll discover that death ward is your friend.
;)

Invalid_86
01-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Heavy Fortification never stops other effects that happen in conjunction with a critical hit. It merely stops the extra damage from a critical.

Well in that case he's just....DOOOOMED!!!!

Memnir
01-16-2008, 10:51 PM
Again I'm mystified why this info cannot be found here - posted by the Devs. Why is it that we can only get any sort of meaningful information from 3rd party sites like TenTon Hammer or Gamespy. Does Turbine not get that we'd be much happier if they just told us themselves; and told us here on the site that is supposed to be the official sourse of DDO information? Why do we need to find the information ourselves and post it so that other players can see it. Whisky Tango Foxtrot, people!

Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond happy to hear and see all the information in the Gamespy article. But I really find it as evidance that either the Devs at Turbine, or the Mods who run this board care next to nothing for the community here. Our WDAs have been scraps for the past month or more... and once again we find out information we've been begging for via a link to some body else's site. This is one policy I hope Turbine reviews and changes asap.

ArkoHighStar
01-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Again I'm mystified why this info cannot be found here - posted by the Devs. Why is it that we can only get any sort of meaningful information from 3rd party sites like TenTon Hammer or Gamespy. Does Turbine not get that we'd be much happier if they just told us themselves; and told us here on the site that is supposed to be the official sourse of DDO information? Why do we need to find the information ourselves and post it so that other players can see it. Whisky Tango Foxtrot, people!

Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond happy to hear and see all the information in the Gamespy article. But I really find it as evidance that either the Devs at Turbine, or the Mods who run this board care next to nothing for the community here. Our WDAs have been scraps for the past month or more... and once again we find out information we've been begging for via a link to some body else's site. This is one policy I hope Turbine reviews and changes asap.

It was posted by Turbine, the article and the video were posted at the top of the forum. And the reason they do not post the release date is simple, if it changes they never actually committed to a date, if it appears on a third aprty site, they can just sya that the video or article was done before the date was moved so it is inaccurate. They have in fact done this at least once already

mgoldb2
01-16-2008, 11:27 PM

Almost any games you can name will release major news though a 3rd party source then post it on there own sight. It is the more efficient way to get the word out to the largest range of people. I know I read things on sights like game spy then decided to go to the game talked about website afterward.

I hope turbine provide more information like this to us in future but if the method chosen is post a link to another sight that 100% fine with me as long as we receive it by some means.

MysticTheurge
01-17-2008, 07:03 AM
Does Turbine not get that we'd be much happier if they just told us themselves; and told us here on the site that is supposed to be the official sourse of DDO information?

I disagree.

I'm quite happy that they announce big information like this through third party sites. It's a little bit of that "advertising" and "marketing" that everyone's always asking them to do.

Now, when they never actually link to the articles from here, that gets a little annoying.

Memnir
01-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Now, when they never actually link to the articles from here, that gets a little annoying.Distilled - that's my only gripe as well.

Lorien_the_First_One
01-17-2008, 07:37 AM

The Devs posted the link to the Gamespy article on our front page so its not like Gamespy readers knows something forum readers don't.... They also put in a hotlink in the game load screen to tell you to look at the forum page that just so happened to hav ea link to the gamespy artricle.

Odds are they gave Gamespy an exclusive on breaking the new facts in order to get gamespy to do the article, and excellent choice since it doesn't hurt us as all and increases game exposure.

aldan
01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Sha Wing!

Ustice
01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
Distilled - that's my only gripe as well.

Well, they did it this time. :)

tekn0mage
01-17-2008, 12:40 PM
More of the same...

CaptGrim
01-17-2008, 01:00 PM
YAY just read that on Gamespy as well, can a Dev please confirm that this is the actual release date for Mod 6

While the article states Jan. 30th, Kate Paiz says "hopefully will be out by the end of January".

She may have said scheduled or whatever but from what I remember she didn't say Jan 30th or even promise it by the end of Jan.

Now I'm not saying that it won't be out by then just that I'd wager a large sum you won't be able to have a Dev come and say "Yes Jan. 30th is the release date for mod 6."

Twerpp
01-17-2008, 01:43 PM

It is found here, the devs (Quarion I believe) are the ones who posted the video and article to DDO Forums.

Calim_Russale
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
http://i3.tinypic.com/6t2w1aq.jpg

It's not a pit fiend, look in the moster manual. It's a frigging BEYLOR!!! Ten times as worse, as they can bust on command, and it creates a mini nuke like explosion, I'm sure this is gonna be one of it's powers if they took it right from the book!

Dane_McArdy
01-22-2008, 06:05 PM
I disagree.

I'm quite happy that they announce big information like this through third party sites. It's a little bit of that "advertising" and "marketing" that everyone's always asking them to do.

Now, when they never actually link to the articles from here, that gets a little annoying.

But they did this time, and when Kate was on the Podcast. In fact, most times when they do outside things like this, they do link.

Memnir
01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
It's not a pit fiend, look in the moster manual. It's a frigging BEYLOR!!! Looks like a Pit Fiend to me. And from the Monster Manual to boot.
Besides - Balors are demons, not devils.

Ironwind
01-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Kate Paiz is hot!

captain1z
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Kate Paiz is hot!

I thought the same thing...............

she is a bit on the hotty side.

/wave "hey Kate, how you do-in" /wink

MysticTheurge
01-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Looks like a Pit Fiend to me. And from the Monster Manual to boot.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with Memnir here.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG57.jpg

Pit fiend is the big red one. They're even both doing the fire-in-hand thing.

(For the record, the other one is an osyluth.)

greystone306
01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
I was guessing the 30th anyway, since they normally release modules on Wednesdays and they already updated the loading screen to say it would be released in January.. since there was a WDA on monday that means most likely that it wouldn't be released on this wednesday and the 30th/next wednesday is the last wednesday in the month..

Coldin
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna go with Memnir here.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_gallery/MM35_PG57.jpg

Pit fiend is the big red one. They're even both doing the fire-in-hand thing.

(For the record, the other one is an osyluth.)

With that picture for comparison, I'd definitely agree.

tekn0mage
01-22-2008, 09:18 PM
I thought the same thing...............

she is a bit on the hotty side.

/wave "hey Kate, how you do-in" /wink

You're kidding right?

This is not to be construed as a personal attack in any way, but no.. Kate is not hot. De gustibus non disputandum est

Kire
01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
You're kidding right?

This is not to be construed as a personal attack in any way, but no.. Kate is not hot. De gustibus non disputandum est

Heh i can guess whos posts are getting ignored now =P

~Kire

PS kate want to post some pics :p

tekn0mage
01-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Heh i can guess whos posts are getting ignored now =P

~Kire

PS kate want to post some pics :p

Hate to break it to ya, but my posts have been ignored long before that ! :)

JD2134
01-23-2008, 02:11 AM
And once again the devs keep there promise of a release in jan even if it is on the second to last day of the month. Really wish they would just say coming in feb, then hay guess what we are releasing it two days early

Memnir
01-23-2008, 02:14 AM
(For the record, the other one is an osyluth.)I'd love to get these in a future update. In PnP, I love fighting devils (more fun than demons, imho) - and always enjoyed the Osyluth. They make for great mid-quest boss fights. Besides, it would have given the Devs an excuse to put in Wall of Ice, since it's one of the Bone Devil's innate abilities. :D

I'm also suprised that with the Devs' predilection with slime-like monsters that they missed out on putting in Lemures. mmmm... fleshy-goo people....
Oh well. There's always updates. :)

Hvymetal
01-23-2008, 03:34 AM
Hate to break it to ya, but my posts have been ignored long before that ! :)LOL

Knightrose
01-23-2008, 05:18 AM
Looks pretty sweet. I've always loved Devils and Demons. Undead are my fave but this sounds like it will be the best mod yet. Mod5 just wasn't 'evil' enough. The whole 'god wannabe hanging out in a graveyard' just didn't fly with me.

Yaga_Nub
01-23-2008, 07:33 AM
And once again the devs keep there promise of a release in jan even if it is on the second to last day of the month. Really wish they would just say coming in feb, then hay guess what we are releasing it two days early

Wow you just can't make some people happy. Most people would appreciate someone doing what they said they would.

Memnir
01-23-2008, 12:58 PM
That's no Balor... :D

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4607/pitfiendhm5.jpg

Strykersz
01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
It's a space station?

Laith
01-23-2008, 01:39 PM
It's a space station?

balor = demon
pit fiend = devil

it's a pit fiend. if you called it a balor, it would be VERY offended... and you would be dead. :)