PDA

View Full Version : Not getting Favor for The Twilight Forge

BardellaSureshot
01-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm not getting any favor for doing the Titan raid (The Twilight Forge) on my lvl 14 Ranger. According to the /quest completions, I've finished it 3 times. I filled out a bug report months ago and contacted an in game DM who agreed I wasn't getting the favor I deserved but couldn't help. I believe I've been very patient waiting for a resolution to this problem. Now I need to know what steps I can take to get this resolved. Can't even find a phone number to call and talk to a real person who doesn't have standard responces to cram down my throat. Please help!

Kargon
01-16-2008, 06:08 PM
are you doing the titan with anymathing less than 12 peopamul in the party? are very possimable to make it to the raid itself and NOT get completimion on the pre-raid (twilimight forge) if are taking less than 12 peopamul.

BardellaSureshot
01-16-2008, 06:14 PM
are you doing the titan with anymathing less than 12 peopamul in the party? are very possimable to make it to the raid itself and NOT get completimion on the pre-raid (twilimight forge) if are taking less than 12 peopamul.

I have done it with a full party. And I've done it with less than a full party. I actually believe I've finished it more than 3 times as my /quest completions said but have no proof... yet. I'm ready to do it again and will check my standing after. Then I'll report my findings here. And I'll continue to post till I can figure out how to get the favor I've earned.

KaKa
01-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Even with a full party you can still cut corners and not get completion. It is just more common with a smaller group. There are several hidden objectives (as in not on the quest objective panel) in the TF that must be completed in order to receive completion. So basically you must do everything. Go down most of the hallways. and do all the puzzles. If at any point during your raid someone walks through a tunnel as a ghost, assume you will not get completion as the party is cutting corners and doing it the fast way.

sirgog
01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
To get completion (XP and favor) for The Twilight Forge, you need to kill Lord Istharan, complete the red room puzzle (the underwater one), and complete the yellow room (with the crazy jumps in the blue room to pull the levers).

Many groups use an exploit to bypass these quest requirements to just fight the Titan

BardellaSureshot
01-17-2008, 11:48 PM
So you're saying that I can complete it in my /quest completions and not get credit for those completions in my Adventure Compendium. I haven't noticed any other quests working that way. Is this the only one?
I don't run these quests. I'm only a follower trying to learn how to do it. If the grps are taking illegal shortcuts why hasn't this been addressed. I am confused. And seeing as how this is a quest that's been around for awhile, why isn't everything you need to do listed like it is in every other quest so ppl like me can get a completion and favor at the same time?
Just exactly how is it everyone is to know what to do if it's not listed?

KaKa
01-18-2008, 12:45 AM
So you're saying that I can complete it in my /quest completions and not get credit for those completions in my Adventure Compendium. I haven't noticed any other quests working that way. Is this the only one?
I don't run these quests. I'm only a follower trying to learn how to do it. If the grps are taking illegal shortcuts why hasn't this been addressed. I am confused. And seeing as how this is a quest that's been around for awhile, why isn't everything you need to do listed like it is in every other quest so ppl like me can get a completion and favor at the same time?
Just exactly how is it everyone is to know what to do if it's not listed?

You actually are getting favor for the quest completions. For the quest you actually complete which is the Titan awakes. The pre-quest is called the Twilight forge, there is a way for you to get to the entrance of the titan fight itself without getting completion for the the twilight forge. So you are completing one but not the other, remember there are 2 quests.

Also the shortcuts being illegal is debatable, I am on the the side of its not illegal, which is why it still exists.

sirgog
01-18-2008, 02:21 AM
You actually are getting favor for the quest completions. For the quest you actually complete which is the Titan awakes. The pre-quest is called the Twilight forge, there is a way for you to get to the entrance of the titan fight itself without getting completion for the the twilight forge. So you are completing one but not the other, remember there are 2 quests.

Also the shortcuts being illegal is debatable, I am on the the side of its not illegal, which is why it still exists.

Yeah the quest "The Titan Awakes" you will have favor for, check that one.

IMO the skip-TF is an exploit, but because it adds to the enjoyment of the game for those who don't want to do full TF runs every couple of days, I don't care.